What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (1 Viewer)

Cuomo should resign. 

Are there any Democrats here that aren’t calling for Cuomo to step down?  
I think the issue is not people's opinions on the matter but the fact there seems to be absolutely no momentum whatsoever of him stepping down or forcing him to step down or impeaching him, etc.

Bob Livingston.  Not nearly the same level of allegation, but it was a different time then.
Yeah...quite some time ago (also funny as he was gung ho on impeaching Clinton).

Also funny that he was pushing for Speaker after Newt...after Livingston's issues, Hastert was speaker (that worked out well...oof).

I think the issue is not people's opinions on the matter but the fact there seems to be absolutely no momentum whatsoever of him stepping down or forcing him to step down or impeaching him, etc.
That will change if the accusations prove legitimate or if others offer similar stories.  I can promise you Cuomo will be gone before we get to, what was the final tally with Trump, 32 accusers?  

Cuomo should resign. 

Are there any Democrats here that aren’t calling for Cuomo to step down?  
Yes. I don’t think he should step down yet. 
1. His argument about the nursing homes is that he was advised to do what he did by public health experts. This may very well be so. I suspect it is. 
2. He is guilty of withholding info from Trump’s justice department because he claims he would have been subjected to a political prosecution. This is a plausible excuse though unacceptable because he broke the law. However I’m not sure he broke the law seriously enough to have to resign. 
3. He claims he’s innocent of the harassment charges. I rather doubt this, but you need to prove it before he should step down IMO. 

1. His argument about the nursing homes is that he was advised to do what he did by public health experts. This may very well be so. I suspect it is. 
2. He is guilty of withholding info from Trump’s justice department because he claims he would have been subjected to a political prosecution. This is a plausible excuse though unacceptable because he broke the law. However I’m not sure he broke the law seriously enough to have to resign. 
3. He claims he’s innocent of the harassment charges. I rather doubt this, but you need to prove it before he should step down IMO. 

Maybe you're different Tim, but I thought that you didn't need proof to make sexual assault allegations nowadays.  We just believe them at face value no evidence required.

Or are you saying that now Democrats require evidence when it's one of their own?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you're different Tim, but I thought that you didn't need proof to make sexual assault allegations nowadays.  We just believe them at face value no evidence required.

Or are you saying that now Democrats require evidence when it's one of their own?
I was opposed to Kavanaugh’s appointment to the Supreme Court because I thought the sexual accusations were credible. But that was a new appointment for him; I would not have been in favor of removing him from his existing appointment over a charge that could not be proven. You may not respect that distinction but it’s important to me. 

I was opposed to Kavanaugh’s appointment to the Supreme Court because I thought the sexual accusations were credible. But that was a new appointment for him; I would not have been in favor of removing him from his existing appointment over a charge that could not be proven. You may not respect that distinction but it’s important to me. 
Wait??? You would not "have been in favor of removing him from his existing appointment over a charge that could not be proven". But you would've kept someone from an appointment, a lifetime type goal/achievement, over the same "charge that could not be proven"? 

That's a twisted form of justice right there.

Wait??? You would not "have been in favor of removing him from his existing appointment over a charge that could not be proven". But you would've kept someone from an appointment, a lifetime type goal/achievement, over the same "charge that could not be proven"? 

Cuomo is a good public speaker.  Kavanaugh isn't.

If you want to know why tim views them differently and holds them to wildly different standards (to put it very, very mildly), that's probably your best explanation.

Just because you decline to give someone a promotion doesn't mean you should fire them. 

BK showed that he didn't have the right temperament to be SCJ, IMO.

Which part?
Pretty much all of it. I don't want to rehash the BK allegation in a Cuomo thread tho. I will say this. I'm glad most people's promotions, life-long goals  achievements etc etc aren't in the hands of that type of "justice" or "rational". If so, all it takes is an unsubstantiated claim of wrong doing to sink everyone's career. You guys might be ok with that, but I certainly am not.

By that reasoning, felons should never get beyond fry cook, cashier, or hell, hired at all. Right?

Pretty much all of it. I don't want to rehash the BK allegation in a Cuomo thread tho. I will say this. I'm glad most people's promotions, life-long goals  achievements etc etc aren't in the hands of that type of "justice" or "rational". If so, all it takes is an unsubstantiated claim of wrong doing to sink everyone's career. You guys might be ok with that, but I certainly am not.

By that reasoning, felons should never get beyond fry cook, cashier, or hell, hired at all. Right?
1) I didn't mention any allegations against BK, but rather his temperament and comportment during his nomination hearings. Not saying that the allegations themselves were disqualifying but IMO his behavior was. 

2) Are you equating BK to a convicted and released felon?

He’s everything you all whined about with Trump, so now we just watch you all make excuses for the hypocrisy......carry on.  :popcorn:
Odd...you complain if someone else brings up Trump...but here you are. Trump.

Better said...he is some of the things the Trump supporters defended about Trump...yet most here think Cuomo should step down over this...whereas Trump was just fine and celebrated for such things and those against him were mocked.

1) I didn't mention any allegations against BK, but rather his temperament and comportment during his nomination hearings. Not saying that the allegations themselves were disqualifying but IMO his behavior was. 

2) Are you equating BK to a convicted and released felon?
1. I'm ok with someone showing anger over unsubstantiated allegations. Absolutely. Fighting back shouldn't be disqualifying. His body of work "temperament" was never questioned before those unsubstantiated allegations.

2. Why not? A felon obviously didn't show either "restraint" or "temperament" to behave lawfully or adequately in a civilized society.

This is what is done tho. 1. We have felons who obviously broke the law and showed no restraint or temperament. They get a pass due to what??? Insignificance of the job? 2. Someone like BK gets "angry" and he's disqualified because it's for the USSC.

Yes. I disagree with most of what you said.

Odd...you complain if someone else brings up Trump...but here you are. Trump.

Better said...he is some of the things the Trump supporters defended about Trump...yet most here think Cuomo should step down over this...whereas Trump was just fine and celebrated for such things and those against him were mocked.
FALSE again. Your hypocrisy is glaring and why your arguments can’t be take seriously. Why do you continue to do this?

FALSE again. Your hypocrisy is glaring and why your arguments can’t be take seriously. Why do you continue to do this?
What hypocrisy man?  Ive said he should be held accountable for his actions and should resign.

Im being consistent...im pointing out the clear hypocrisy of Trump supporters who defended him but are now bashing Cuomo and trying to mock others.

Continue to do what?  Point out the glaring holes in your arguments?

1. I'm ok with someone showing anger over unsubstantiated allegations. Absolutely. Fighting back shouldn't be disqualifying. His body of work "temperament" was never questioned before those unsubstantiated allegations.

2. Why not? A felon obviously didn't show either "restraint" or "temperament" to behave lawfully or adequately in a civilized society.

This is what is done tho. 1. We have felons who obviously broke the law and showed no restraint or temperament. They get a pass due to what??? Insignificance of the job? 2. Someone like BK gets "angry" and he's disqualified because it's for the USSC.

Yes. I disagree with most of what you said.
1.  A SCJ who is asking for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land should have exemplary behavior during the confirmation hearings.  They are asked to enact very important jurisprudence that can only be overturned by that same body.  Their demeanor and comportment under stress, and even under allegations that may not be true, influences their ability to carry out their duties as a SCJ.  Those duties are to be impartial and as a-political as possible.  BK did not exhibit either of those qualities during the confirmation hearings.

2. Next time a convicted felon comes up for a SCJ seat, let me know.  Otherwise, it's a ridiculous comparison on a lot of levels.

Thank you.  Had to hover over the link to make sure you weren't playing with me.

I agree 100% with AOC here: "Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a leading Democrat in New York, called the sexual assault allegations 'extraordinarily serious' and said in an interview with CBS on Thursday that they deserved to be investigated, along with the 'nursing home situation that’s unfolding.'"

Investigate and if he's complicit in a conspiracy to cover-up, defraud, or any illegal behavior, give him the boot.  If he's sexually harassed and assaulted someone, give him the boot.  We don't need that behavior in our leaders.

I have a hard time punishing folks for mistakes made dealing with a pandemic that no one was ready for.  I've included the former President in that and I'm including Cuomo as well.    I am not commenting on the harassment claims as I have yet to really hear much. That's not surprising of course, but for right now I can only offer an opinion on the pandemic related issues.   

1.  A SCJ who is asking for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land should have exemplary behavior during the confirmation hearings.  They are asked to enact very important jurisprudence that can only be overturned by that same body.  Their demeanor and comportment under stress, and even under allegations that may not be true, influences their ability to carry out their duties as a SCJ.  Those duties are to be impartial and as a-political as possible.  BK did not exhibit either of those qualities during the confirmation hearings.

2. Next time a convicted felon comes up for a SCJ seat, let me know.  Otherwise, it's a ridiculous comparison on a lot of levels.
1. He was called everything under the sun including a rapist. I don't care who you are, I'm ok with showing anger over those unsubstantiated allegations.

2. I don't think it is. Example. Should a small business or any business be forced to hire an accountant with a felony record of embezzlement? I wouldn't. They obviously didn't show proper "temperament" to control themselves. If they do it again it could ruin said business. Or how about hiring a felon with theft in their background to run a cashier. Again obviously by your standards they didn't show proper "temperament" to control themselves around money or other people's possessions.

So I disagree with your comparisons based on what you deem as important positions. 

Here's my last question, then I gotta run.

Had BK every been accused of temperament issues while a judge or lawyer before his testimony? Has he had any issues of temperament since being appointed? If not, then I'm fine with his one off angry outburst at the incredible awful, grotesque, unsubstantiated allegations thrown at him.

crackattack said:
1. He was called everything under the sun including a rapist. I don't care who you are, I'm ok with showing anger over those unsubstantiated allegations.

2. I don't think it is. Example. Should a small business or any business be forced to hire an accountant with a felony record of embezzlement? I wouldn't. They obviously didn't show proper "temperament" to control themselves. If they do it again it could ruin said business. Or how about hiring a felon with theft in their background to run a cashier. Again obviously by your standards they didn't show proper "temperament" to control themselves around money or other people's possessions.

So I disagree with your comparisons based on what you deem as important positions. 

Here's my last question, then I gotta run.

Had BK every been accused of temperament issues while a judge or lawyer before his testimony? Has he had any issues of temperament since being appointed? If not, then I'm fine with his one off angry outburst at the incredible awful, grotesque, unsubstantiated allegations thrown at him.
1.  The allegations weren't 100% unsubstantiated.  A woman testified that BK did those acts to her.  That's not unsubstantiated IMO.

2. A small business isn't Congress.  An accountant isn't a SCJ.  The position described by you can be fired.  A SCJ cannot be fired.

3.  I am not sure of any claims of poor temperament or behavior by BK before or after the confirmation hearings, but I haven't looked into it either.  His opening statement about the Democrats, Clintons, the left out to get him was enough for me.  No reason to take that tack in that situation, other than to secure the support of the person who nominated him.  That reeks of politics to me, and something a SCJ should avoid.  There were better options out there for the vacant seat, including ACB.

Nice to watch the #metoo gymnastics from the left. I especially love tim's role as judge and jury of the fact-finding missions.

You guys are :lmao:

Cuomo got turned in by his own AG and you guys are still defending him? Do you know what that means in real political terms? His own party and his own AG said, "That's too much, this cover-up. I'm running with the story to the media."

And you're still defending the (D)

Nice to watch the #metoo gymnastics from the left. I especially love tim's role as judge and jury of the fact-finding missions.

Cuomo got turned in by his own AG and you guys are still defending him? Do you know what that means in real political terms? His own party and his own AG said, "That's too much, this cover-up. I'm running with the story to the media."

Who exactly is defending him?

Sounded like you were. I think the lack of effort in using Google to get the story seemed like sort of lack of effort enough to where one could be perceived as saying "no big deal." Perhaps you're not and I'm mistaken.

But don't let me jump on the pile about sexual harassment. I've been fairly consistent on these boards where one should wait and attempt to ascertain the veracity of the complaint, and I see no difference for Cuomo. My problem with Cuomo is that it seems his own AG had had enough of the grandstanding about the pandemic and turned him in. That's really bad, and a massive strike against his innocence regarding the matter.

It truly is amazing to watch.  :popcorn:

(D) is all that matters, some amazing gymnasts. 

It truly is amazing to watch.  :popcorn:

(D) is all that matters, some amazing gymnasts. 
Who?  Tim seems the same as he was for others.  Everyone else seems to be asking him to resign?

You accused me of hypocrisy...when questioned you only laughed.  So where are the gymnastics man?

Was BK asked to step down from the federal bench?  No, he was being interviewed for a promotion.
that's not the issue

the issues is calling things equally and fairly - does a person have a right to respond to an accusation or do we blindly believe every accusation - which is it ?

because Kavanaugh was immediately guilty in the eyes of many - and those same people are wanting to give Cuomo time to prove he's being falsely accused - and that aint right, call it equally and fairly both ways or admit biases and hypocrisy right ?

KiddLattimer said:
So happy to say I've never voted for that guy.

I always find it strange that I don't know a single person who actually likes him here and most of my circle leans democrat, but he always wins in a total romp.

Glad to see the rest of the country is getting to see the ugly side after the "Cuomo should be our president" nonsense last year. If you keep digging on him you'll find a lot of "smoke" around corruption as well.
He's closed-door, three-men-in-a-room, corrupt-Albany-politics to the core.  Always has been.

Sounded like you were. I think the lack of effort in using Google to get the story seemed like sort of lack of effort enough to where one could be perceived as saying "no big deal." Perhaps you're not and I'm mistaken.

But don't let me jump on the pile about sexual harassment. I've been fairly consistent on these boards where one should wait and attempt to ascertain the veracity of the complaint, and I see no difference for Cuomo. My problem with Cuomo is that it seems his own AG had had enough of the grandstanding about the pandemic and turned him in. That's really bad, and a massive strike against his innocence regarding the matter.
See my post below.  I am not defending him in the least.  I was just busy and didn't want to put in the effort to sort through tabloid stuff to get info from a reputable source. 

The Z Machine said:
Thank you.  Had to hover over the link to make sure you weren't playing with me.

I agree 100% with AOC here: "Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a leading Democrat in New York, called the sexual assault allegations 'extraordinarily serious' and said in an interview with CBS on Thursday that they deserved to be investigated, along with the 'nursing home situation that’s unfolding.'"

Investigate and if he's complicit in a conspiracy to cover-up, defraud, or any illegal behavior, give him the boot.  If he's sexually harassed and assaulted someone, give him the boot.  We don't need that behavior in our leaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who?  Tim seems the same as he was for others.  Everyone else seems to be asking him to resign?

You accused me of hypocrisy...when questioned you only laughed.  So where are the gymnastics man?
You’ve been called out many times over the years yet the behavior never changes, it’s not worth it at this point. Everyone can see it....let just move on. 

that's not the issue

the issues is calling things equally and fairly - does a person have a right to respond to an accusation or do we blindly believe every accusation - which is it ?

because Kavanaugh was immediately guilty in the eyes of many - and those same people are wanting to give Cuomo time to prove he's being falsely accused - and that aint right, call it equally and fairly both ways or admit biases and hypocrisy right ?
This is a good description of what the issue is.

BK's accuser, from a 30 y/o accusation, no credible witnesses, no "proof" from the accuser. The only "proof" might have been she told a therapist (which anyone can do) about it. CREDIBLE!!!!

Cuomo’s accuser is recent. Respected individual who worked for him. No other problems with her. No reason to lie as far as I can tell.

Anybody (politicians, news outlets, Twitter talking heads)saying anything remotely nasty, gross, or attacking him the same as BK? Anybody who was so critical of BK out scouring and investigating Cuomo’s past with a fine tooth comb? Again, any protest like the ones with BK? 

I'll save everybody time. The answer is no. The BK hearings were some of the lowest attacks, behavior, allegations I've ever seen. It was grotesque.

timschochet said:

Can angry tim come back?   Shouldn't the dems lead by example.

Users who are viewing this thread