What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a good wallet (2 Viewers)

I’ve never used a wallet like this. How easy is it to get cards in and out? If I had like 6 cards and wanted to use a middle card in my stack is it easy to get to?
It's not rigid, there's elastic between front and back, so very easy. My buddy has like 15 cards in his, which defeats the purpose to me, but anyways...the elastic makes it easy

I’ve always kept my keys front left pocket, phone right front pocket and wallet back right pocket. If I get a wallet for my front pocket, do I keep it in the same pocket as my phone? Seems like it would be bulky 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I’ve always kept my keys front left pocket, phone right front pocket and wallet back right pocket. If I get a wallet for my front pocket, do I keep it in the same pocket as my phone? Seems like it would be bulky 
I keep my phone in my right pocket and everything else in the left, but I should rethink.  Originally I wanted to avoid scratching my phone screen, but I think phone screens and protectors have evolved to the point where it's okay to be complacent.  I'm gonna try my thin wallet and phone in one pocket.  Hold my beer!

I keep my phone in my right pocket and everything else in the left, but I should rethink.  Originally I wanted to avoid scratching my phone screen, but I think phone screens and protectors have evolved to the point where it's okay to be complacent.  I'm gonna try my thin wallet and phone in one pocket.  Hold my beer!
I do phone in one pocket, wallet and keys fob in the other. Honestly, I sometimes can't even feel my wallet so I don't think it's be too bad with phone and wallet in the same pocket. Actually, sometimes I do phone and skinny wallet in the same pocket and it isn't bad at all. 

This is what I own  No card damage.  

It holds 6 cards, but if you have any kind of thick cards (AMEX Plat, Sapphire) 5 is actually the perfect number. 

It's not for everyone, the Ridge and so forth can hold a lot more, but if you just want ID and the cards you need, it's awesome.  That little black toggle on the bottom, is just flicked with your pinky when you take it out, and the cards angle out as shown in the photo.  It's a one-handed move, and pretty slick the first time you see it.  
have this, too. 

was a loyal bifold wallet man for years. we popped in to a random store one day. was chatting with the cashier guy for a bit about some of their merchandise and he pointed out that they had just got these in and he was raving about how much he liked his.

that sold my wife on buying me one as an anniversary gift.

it's so much nicer than a wallet. smaller. i carry less unnecessary ####. just cards and a couple bills now and again. 

the pop-out and back in action of the cards is really nice. never going back.

This thread prompted me to look at a bunch of different wallets. This one looks pretty good to me. https://www.trayvax.com/products/ascent

I currently use a slim leather bifold that has served me well for 10+ years. It’d be hard for me to switch away from that, but all the different options are interesting 

Great points. Here's my OG Kickstarter Ridge (at least 7 years old) with 14 cards in it, fresh from my front pocket.  Yeah, I've managed to Costanza a Ridge.  But, realistically it's hard to imagine any wallet handling that many cards more elegantly. Plus a little old school cash for sentimental value.  I have to admit, it sucks at holding my BTC.

Old Ridge

Money Shot
I bought this thing after Ron’s first post. Had it a day and like it. Didn’t get the money clip part but there is an elastic thingy on outside where you can keep cash so don’t think you need that unless you want it. 

Also holds a lot of cards. Actually more than I need. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Landed on this. https://kaminowallet.com . I ordered the slim bifold and card sleeve. I like bifolds but wanted to give a card sleeve type wallet a try. Concerned a bit about durability but I want something really lightweight if I switch to front pocket. 

Wat up. I came over to thank the dude who recommend my wallet because.. karma I guess? That's not the right word. Anyway, I found you guys talking about it.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/738905-best-wallet-for-a-22-year-old/?do=findComment&comment=18661913

Polish Hammer's link in that post is dead, but this is the updated link.

I bought one that day and it's still going strong, no busted seams, and still 95% intact aside from a little butt-cheek contouring and slight folding over of the edges. Hell, it's probably 98% still intact. It still even smells like leather and not like farts or anything. I mean, it's five years later and I came back here to thank the dude who recommended it. You do the math. Small world :shrug:

Wat up. I came over to thank the dude who recommend my wallet because.. karma I guess? That's not the right word. Anyway, I found you guys talking about it.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/738905-best-wallet-for-a-22-year-old/?do=findComment&comment=18661913

Polish Hammer's link in that post is dead, but this is the updated link.

I bought one that day and it's still going strong, no busted seams, and still 95% intact aside from a little butt-cheek contouring and slight folding over of the edges. Hell, it's probably 98% still intact. It still even smells like leather and not like farts or anything. I mean, it's five years later and I came back here to thank the dude who recommended it. You do the math. Small world :shrug:
Butt-cheek contouring from a front pocket wallet?

I've had this wallet since they were on Kickstarter several years ago. Absolutely fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. I have the OG aluminum with money clip.  Lots of fancy options now.

https://www.ridgewallet.com
My wife had an accident that has kept me away for a while (she's ok, will make a full recovery) but this is what I ended up going with.  Ordered the gunmetal aluminum because it was the same price and I thought it looked cool.  It's on the truck for delivery today and once I check it out, I'll come back and let you all know what I think.

My wife had an accident that has kept me away for a while (she's ok, will make a full recovery) but this is what I ended up going with.  Ordered the gunmetal aluminum because it was the same price and I thought it looked cool.  It's on the truck for delivery today and once I check it out, I'll come back and let you all know what I think.
Best wishes to you and the wife for a speedy recovery. 

I actually bought one of the Ridge Wallets too.  I used the 15% discount they were offering for their anniversary and bought the topographic map one.  I definitely like it so far, but I still don't get the hang of pushing/fanning out the credit cards using the little notch on the side.  I try to use it and they just push out in one big lump so it's pretty difficult to get to cards unless they're on the top or bottom of the deck.  I actually moved my most-used card to the outside under the cash strap and that's definitely helped too.

i just use my daughter's hair ties.  have an ancient, beat up, tiffany's business card holder and some cash.  done.  asparagus rubber band works as well.  

I actually bought one of the Ridge Wallets too.  I used the 15% discount they were offering for their anniversary and bought the topographic map one.  I definitely like it so far, but I still don't get the hang of pushing/fanning out the credit cards using the little notch on the side.  I try to use it and they just push out in one big lump so it's pretty difficult to get to cards unless they're on the top or bottom of the deck.  I actually moved my most-used card to the outside under the cash strap and that's definitely helped too.
It took me a bit to get comfortable "fanning" the cards out but I've got it down now.  Love this wallet and would recommend to anyone.  Thank you for all the replies, I'm extremely happy.

Remember that pic of icon barbecuing a long time ago, back when he and Doctor Detroit were having intellectual word-battles, and DD was like, "yo, he keeps his butt in the front," or something like that. Front butt. I love both those dudes, and those two men obviously love each other, so no harm in ten did. But that's what this reminds me of. This also reminds me of strippers' butts. You know? You know, actually, they should call front wallets "lap wallets." I bet girls stare at dudes' butts a lot more when that's where the wallet is, too. I'd go with a money clip in the front pocket. And a LANYARD for my keys. Because I was injured by two strippers once, and earlier that night I remember one of them had sat in my lap and her tailbone landed directly on my keys.

Landed on this. https://kaminowallet.com . I ordered the slim bifold and card sleeve. I like bifolds but wanted to give a card sleeve type wallet a try. Concerned a bit about durability but I want something really lightweight if I switch to front pocket. 
I’ve been using the card sleeve for a while now. Holds 5 cards and a few folded bills. Pretty much perfect for me.

BUMP!

Do any of those RFID wallets actually work to stop a bank card with an NFC chip?  I just did some quick Amazon browsing and kept finding videos of people successfully using the card while still in the wallet. I would like to prevent that type of usage. 

mine is made by a company called recycled waders it is made of recycled fishing waders if you are a trout bum like myself you will get it and i like it take that to the bank brohans 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I've just slimmed down to ID plus 1 CC in a phone case now. It's worked well for the last year or so.

I have a slim wallet that holds 3 cards and an DL, plus an AirTag. I really need a better system for keeping my things in the correct place.

Got a Ridge wallet for Christmas and I love it so far. I usually carry 4-5 debit/credit cards plus my ID, and maybe three 20's in cash under the elastic so it stays fairly thin. I like the elastic strap for the cash vs. the money clip, as that clip kinda pokes up and gives it a sharp edge inside my pocket.

Wife got me the Ridge key holder https://ridge.com/products/black-keycase as well which at first I thought was totally unnecessary, but surprisingly I like it now. I carry the wallet and keys in the same pocket, so the key holder thing keeps the keys from splaying out in my pocket, getting caught on things and/or scratching up the wallet. She got both in some Black Friday sale she said.

Got a Ridge wallet for Christmas and I love it so far. I usually carry 4-5 debit/credit cards plus my ID, and maybe three 20's in cash under the elastic so it stays fairly thin. I like the elastic strap for the cash vs. the money clip, as that clip kinda pokes up and gives it a sharp edge inside my pocket.

Wife got me the Ridge key holder https://ridge.com/products/black-keycase as well which at first I thought was totally unnecessary, but surprisingly I like it now. I carry the wallet and keys in the same pocket, so the key holder thing keeps the keys from splaying out in my pocket, getting caught on things and/or scratching up the wallet. She got both in some Black Friday sale she said.
I have a ridge knockoff from Amazon - paid $18 -

Currently unavailable but its been rocking for alomst 6 years now

I have a Bellroy Slim Sleeve. Holds 6-8 cards and some bills folded in thirds. I've had mine for about 6 years, and I don't think I'll ever have another wallet. I still like the look and feel of leather, and I don't love money clips. The Bellroy holds a few more cards than indicated - I have 10 total in mine, including 2 in the quick-access slots. I don't carry more than 5 bills or so at any time.

The key to a minimalist wallet is knowing what you need on a daily basis, and I guess that varies for everyone. For me, Driver's license, work ID, 2 personal CC's, a work CC, HSA card, ATM card, and a few insurance-related cards. That's it.

I'd consider going to a straight sleeve like the one you linked if I could digitize my insurance cards...but regardless, LOVE Bellroy stuff. Very well made.

Just out of curiosity, what keys do you carry? Don't think I've used a physical key for anything in years.

Just out of curiosity, what keys do you carry? Don't think I've used a physical key for anything in years.
I have 4 normal metal keys that I carry everyday. House key, office key, shop/shed key, and a key to my wife's great-grandmother's house (she lives alone, I go by twice a week to check on her since it's on my way home).

I keep saying I'm going to do a keypad or bluetooth or something on my house to eliminate that physical key one day...

I have 2 keys - one for my house just in case the power is out and can't get into the garage
I have one key to my parents just in case.

I have about 30 keys for all the town sports field/equipment storage etc but they are on their own ring that i just grab if i need it

Got this one two weeks ago. Very happy thus far. Carrying 8 cards which includes my license and health insurance cards and some cash.

Remember that pic of icon barbecuing a long time ago, back when he and Doctor Detroit were having intellectual word-battles, and DD was like, "yo, he keeps his butt in the front," or something like that. Front butt. I love both those dudes, and those two men obviously love each other, so no harm in ten did. But that's what this reminds me of. This also reminds me of strippers' butts. You know? You know, actually, they should call front wallets "lap wallets." I bet girls stare at dudes' butts a lot more when that's where the wallet is, too. I'd go with a money clip in the front pocket. And a LANYARD for my keys. Because I was injured by two strippers once, and earlier that night I remember one of them had sat in my lap and her tailbone landed directly on my keys.
How the hell did I miss this post.

Users who are viewing this thread