Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And the solution?  Kick them out with nowhere to go?  Do nothing about the underlying problems as to why they are coming here?

 

Seems like Trump’s policy of not letting them get into Mexico worked pretty well.  What do you attribute the recent increase in unaccompanied minors coming into the country to? Did Biden’s words or policies have anything to do with it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tim... come on man. My views lean left but CNN most certainly has a liberal bias. Watching Cuomo on primetime isn't much different than a Hannity or Tucker Carlson on Fox. At the end of the day, they'

Did I say he didn't?  If you're gonna stutter over but trump then do the same for Obama.  Otherwise, it's on Biden to deal with now and has nothing to do with Trump.  That's just a lazy way to deflect

If you log in to an internet message board and look for things to report.... without even knowing what you’re talking about... you might be better off finding something else to do

Just now, ekbeats said:

Seems like Trump’s policy of not letting them get into Mexico worked pretty well.  What do you attribute the recent increase in unaccompanied minors coming into the country to? Did Biden’s words or policies have anything to do with it?

They still got into Mexico though.

And you as well fail to answer what to do with those who already have come here?

And also no thought on the underlying reasons why people come here?  No matter who is president people come to this country.  Why is that?  Why do they risk their lives...

I think his words...I think COVID easing a bit has also quickened more coming at this time than over the last year for sure.

And yes...I believe they think they will be treated better now than over the last several years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

That does not answer my questions really.  There is a reason people flock to this country...what do we do about that underlying cause?  

And I asked what we do with those unaccompanied minors who do show up?

Im all for pushing for more legal immigration...lets fix the problems we have in the system.  A system that became even more limited in the last 4 years.

The reason why people come here is obvious.  Solving the underlying problem is impossible unless you have a plan.  What’s your plan?  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And the solution?  Kick them out with nowhere to go?  Do nothing about the underlying problems as to why they are coming here?

 

Yeah.  Send them back.  Seems pretty simple to me.  :shrug:

I'm sure Mexico has resources for children without parents - orphanages, shelters, etc...   Why should we be burdened?

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stlrams said:

The reason why people come here is obvious.  Solving the underlying problem is impossible unless you have a plan.  What’s your plan?  

Good thing Im not in charge.  My plan  isn’t to make things harder, cut foreign aid, put up a wall and then pretend the problems are all solved

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah.  Send them back.  Seems pretty simple to me.  :shrug:

I'm sure Mexico has resources for children without parents - orphanages, shelters, etc...   Why should we be burdened?

Back to where?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Back to where?

Wherever they came from.  

For example, if they're from Mexico then we send them back to Mexico.  If they come from India, we send them back to India.  Kind of like what I said in my previous post.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all. :shrug:

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Wherever they came from.  

For example, if they're from Mexico then we send them back to Mexico.  If they come from India, we send them back to India.  Kind of like what I said in my previous post.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all. :shrug:

So pay to send them back?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

So pay to send them back?

Are you okay?  You seem to be having a hard time understanding my posts.

Seems to me that would be cheaper than putting them on the public dole. But, yes, buy them a bus ticket and send them back.  Or whatever.  I don't care, really.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all.  :shrug:

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Are you okay?  You seem to be having a hard time understanding my posts.

Seems to me that would be cheaper than putting them on the public dole. But, yes, buy them a bus ticket and send them back.  Or whatever.  I don't care, really.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all.  :shrug:

A bus to india...cool.

Im all for legal immigration...hiring more judges...more points of entry to handle the influx.  
Ease back the changes over the past few years to make it’s extremely difficult to come here legally.

And support countries who are in such bad shape that people risk their lives  to leave and come here searching for a better life.

Also...immigration is a net benefit economically.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/economy/making-sense/4-myths-about-how-immigrants-affect-the-u-s-economy

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Good thing Im not in charge.  My plan  isn’t to make things harder, cut foreign aid, put up a wall and then pretend the problems are all solved

So we will be the worlds orphanage since we are now accepting all unaccompanied children, right?  Pretend? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, timschochet said:

And of course the other thing we need to do is help certain countries in central and South America become better places to live. Talk about reparations- we owe some of these countries big time. 

We’ve given over 210 billion in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

We’ve given over 210 billion in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. 

I for one am tired of sending taxpayers money to failing, corrupt, irresponsible Central/South American countries. But, that's the liberal mindset. Make American taxpayers fix other countries problems so their citizens don't break our laws. It's lunacy. Just throw money at the problem. That'll fix it!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Good thing Im not in charge.  My plan  isn’t to make things harder, cut foreign aid, put up a wall and then pretend the problems are all solved

BUT TRUMP!

🙄

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

BUT TRUMP!

🙄

Another well thought out quality contribution.  Really added to the discussion...thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I for one am tired of sending taxpayers money to failing, corrupt, irresponsible Central/South American countries. But, that's the liberal mindset. Make American taxpayers fix other countries problems so their citizens don't break our laws. It's lunacy. Just throw money at the problem. That'll fix it!

Its the burden we have as being the shining city on the hill.  Of being a top economy and a world super power.

5 minutes ago, crackattack said:

210 billion dollars would've gone a long way of helping/fixing that.

So...throwing money at that problem will fix it (or should we also look at what are the underlying reasons for those tent cities (economic, mental health...).  And why many programs designed to help those people also opposed by the same that oppose foreign aid?

There is no one fix...but shutting off our borders...saying go back home.  That is not an answer...nor does it solve any of the problems.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Are you okay?  You seem to be having a hard time understanding my posts.

Seems to me that would be cheaper than putting them on the public dole. But, yes, buy them a bus ticket and send them back.  Or whatever.  I don't care, really.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all.  :shrug:

Would discourage the future illegal crossings too. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Can I get an official position from the left with the illegals.  Do we want them for cheap labor or are we paying them a living wage of $15?

well, the pat answer is we are a caring, humanitarian party.   For the vast majority the real reason is=votes.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ekbeats said:

No one should be supporting unaccompanied minors coming into the country.

Not sure why not.  If we can accept turning accompanied minors into unaccompanied minors by separating them from their families at the border, why wouldn't we support them?  Seems like a REALLY strange place to draw a distinction.  :oldunsure: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stlrams said:

Support people that come here legally only rather then supporting people that will rely on government support.  We took in 1.1m legally in 2018.  Let this be the process to allow people in.

that makes way too much sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shadrap said:

that makes way too much sense.

But does not fix the underlying problem.  These people are still coming here.  There is a reason people are still coming here and have been for many many years.

Park's closed, Moose out front should have told you...isn't going to stop the underlying cause or the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

But does not fix the underlying problem.  These people are still coming here.  There is a reason people are still coming here and have been for many many years.

Park's closed, Moose out front should have told you...isn't going to stop the underlying cause or the problem.

cripes man, follow the rules or change the rules.  letting in waves of illegals is obviously not good regardless of the "underlying problem".  ask Texas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shadrap said:

cripes man, follow the rules or change the rules.  letting in waves of illegals is obviously not good regardless of the "underlying problem".  ask Texas.

Oh, I think there will be pushes for both.

Easing some of the restrictions on legal immigration to make more legal immigration possible (will also help with the backlog as may flooded the system)

Changes for people already here gaining legal status if they meet certain criteria.

And yes...more focus on the underlying economic issues that bring people to this country and have them risking their lives on journeys to flee other places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kal El said:

I seem to remember 4 years between Obama and Biden where nothing productive was done about it, either. As much as we’d like to forget that, Trump definitely carries blame here as well.

4 years where he kept the illegals out as much as possible. That was productive. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Commish said:

For others in the "come here legally" crowd....do you support legislation that would fund the consideration of any person to come here by legal means?

What do you mean by "fund"? You want American taxpayers to "fund" foreigners to come here? If that's the idea, no. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

You wanna make it cheaper to come here. Sure. You wanna ease restrictions to come here legally. Sure. Taxpayers shouldn't carry the burden of foreigners seeking citizenship imo.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

What do you mean by "fund"? You want American taxpayers to "fund" foreigners to come here? If that's the idea, no. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

You wanna make it cheaper to come here. Sure. You wanna ease restrictions to come here legally. Sure. Taxpayers shouldn't carry the burden of foreigners seeking citizenship imo.

 

Funding multiple points of entry, immigration judges and those sorts of things.

I would agree I am not for funding the travel and all to get here for anyone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Commish said:

For others in the "come here legally" crowd....do you support legislation that would fund the consideration of any person to come here by legal means?

So open borders then. Cool. 

And yes that is disingenuous, but so is your question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Do the public health risks, gang members etc wear signs that they’re gang members, bad ones and public health risks so we know which ones to keep out?

Certainly the public health risks are easier to detect through certain years: Covid, TB, other communicable diseases, etc. And our law enforcement is much more sophisticated about spotting gang membership than you might expect. 
Will bad ones get through the cracks? Of course, no way to stop that. But far less than you might think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

We’ve given over 210 billion in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. 

Compared to the amount of money we’ve cost these countries by imposing dictators of our choosing and starving them economically for our own benefit, it’s not close to equitable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Certainly the public health risks are easier to detect through certain years: Covid, TB, other communicable diseases, etc. And our law enforcement is much more sophisticated about spotting gang membership than you might expect. 
Will bad ones get through the cracks? Of course, no way to stop that. But far less than you might think. 

If travel to Mexico I have to pass a Covid test to get back into my country 

Are these catch and release people getting a Covid test before being released?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Do you have a sho nuff bat signal or something?   Just put the dude on ignore already... 

Like 20 people have asked him to do and he continues with the same nonsense responses to them?  You can police karma or sho for all I care but I'm good and don't need your help

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

If travel to Mexico I have to pass a Covid test to get back into my country 

Are these catch and release people getting a Covid test before being released?

I have no idea. I don’t think anyone with Covid should ge allowed in, though hopefully this will be a temporary issue, resolved in the next few months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Compared to the amount of money we’ve cost these countries by imposing dictators of our choosing and starving them economically for our own benefit, it’s not close to equitable. 

yea, it's our fault and we owe them.  some comments in here are insane.

]slump]

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shadrap said:

yea, it's our fault and we owe them.  some comments in here are insane.

]slump]

Why is it insane? Have you studied the history of these countries and our involvement? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the people who think we "owe" or should prop up these countries. Feel free to send parts of your incomes directly to those countries. Feel free to sponsor immigrants trying to come here. Pay for their immigration fees. Open your homes to them. That wouldn't bother me one bit. But don't expect everyone to "pay" foreign failed/corrupt/incompetent countries. 

That is not the burden of middle/below poverty classes. They shouldn't have to pay for non-citizens to come here. It's not my responsibility to get a foreigner here. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

So open borders then. Cool. 

And yes that is disingenuous, but so is your question. 

I don't see how it is.  I am asking if people who are of the "come here legally" mindset are willing to increase the funding that would allow people from any country the opportunity to come here legally.  Why is that disingenuous?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crackattack said:

All the people who think we "owe" or should prop up these countries. Feel free to send parts of your incomes directly to those countries. Feel free to sponsor immigrants trying to come here. Pay for their immigration fees. Open your homes to them. That wouldn't bother me one bit. But don't expect everyone to "pay" foreign failed/corrupt/incompetent countries. 

That is not the burden of middle/below poverty classes. They shouldn't have to pay for non-citizens to come here. It's not my responsibility to get a foreigner here. 

There’s a lot of stuff my tax money goes to that I wouldn’t prefer. But I have no choice in the matter and neither do you. Which is overall the way it has to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, crackattack said:

What do you mean by "fund"? You want American taxpayers to "fund" foreigners to come here? If that's the idea, no. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

You wanna make it cheaper to come here. Sure. You wanna ease restrictions to come here legally. Sure. Taxpayers shouldn't carry the burden of foreigners seeking citizenship imo.

 

There are many countries where they don't have a "legal" means of coming here.  I'm asking if those who are claiming the "legality" of it all as their sticking point if they are willing to increase the scope so that there is a process for us to accept legal immigrants from ANY country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Not sure why not.  If we can accept turning accompanied minors into unaccompanied minors by separating them from their families at the border, why wouldn't we support them?  Seems like a REALLY strange place to draw a distinction.  :oldunsure: 

You are ok with unaccompanied minors being used by coyotes and cartels making that dangerous trek?  Once here we should definitely support them.

Edited by ekbeats
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

There’s a lot of stuff my tax money goes to that I wouldn’t prefer. But I have no choice in the matter and neither do you. Which is overall the way it has to be. 

Again, You kind of do by who you vote for. I understand taxes are spent in ways I disagree with. That's why I vote for individuals who most align with the way my taxes should be spent. 

But the people who feel so strongly about the issue of sending these countries taxpayers money. Feel free to send more of your own. Leave mine alone.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Commish said:

There are many countries where they don't have a "legal" means of coming here.  I'm asking if those who are claiming the "legality" of it all as their sticking point if they are willing to increase the scope so that there is a process for us to accept legal immigrants from ANY country.

Of course. Just depends how it's done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crackattack said:

Of course. Just depends how it's done.

Thanks :hifive:

That would alleviate a lot of the "illegality" of the whole process.  And it's achieved by opening the process to all countries and hiring enough staff (lawyers and judges and processors) to handle the volume.  As well as upgrading our checkpoints with new security technology and law enforcement officials.  Problem solved.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Biden administration is putting every American border agent, every detention worker, every immigrant, etc etc, at risk of covid and death due to their weakness on immigration. He will be responsible for a super spreading event and the deaths that will accompany it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 8:51 AM, timschochet said:

There is no due process for most of these people. There is no way for them to come here except the way they’re coming. 

I agree

100% lock down the borders, 0 people coming across and then, create a system of legal immigration that allows for a certain number every year to enter the USA - a number that the nation can absorb without a negative impact

but without a secure border 0 any process is irrelevant 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NorvilleBarnes changed the title to Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...