What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (2 Viewers)

And the solution?  Kick them out with nowhere to go?  Do nothing about the underlying problems as to why they are coming here?
Seems like Trump’s policy of not letting them get into Mexico worked pretty well.  What do you attribute the recent increase in unaccompanied minors coming into the country to? Did Biden’s words or policies have anything to do with it?

Seems like Trump’s policy of not letting them get into Mexico worked pretty well.  What do you attribute the recent increase in unaccompanied minors coming into the country to? Did Biden’s words or policies have anything to do with it?
They still got into Mexico though.

And you as well fail to answer what to do with those who already have come here?

And also no thought on the underlying reasons why people come here?  No matter who is president people come to this country.  Why is that?  Why do they risk their lives...

I think his words...I think COVID easing a bit has also quickened more coming at this time than over the last year for sure.

And yes...I believe they think they will be treated better now than over the last several years.

That does not answer my questions really.  There is a reason people flock to this country...what do we do about that underlying cause?  

And I asked what we do with those unaccompanied minors who do show up?

Im all for pushing for more legal immigration...lets fix the problems we have in the system.  A system that became even more limited in the last 4 years.
The reason why people come here is obvious.  Solving the underlying problem is impossible unless you have a plan.  What’s your plan?  

And the solution?  Kick them out with nowhere to go?  Do nothing about the underlying problems as to why they are coming here?
Yeah.  Send them back.  Seems pretty simple to me.  :shrug:

I'm sure Mexico has resources for children without parents - orphanages, shelters, etc...   Why should we be burdened?

The reason why people come here is obvious.  Solving the underlying problem is impossible unless you have a plan.  What’s your plan?  
Good thing Im not in charge.  My plan  isn’t to make things harder, cut foreign aid, put up a wall and then pretend the problems are all solved

Back to where?
Wherever they came from.  

For example, if they're from Mexico then we send them back to Mexico.  If they come from India, we send them back to India.  Kind of like what I said in my previous post.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wherever they came from.  

For example, if they're from Mexico then we send them back to Mexico.  If they come from India, we send them back to India.  Kind of like what I said in my previous post.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all. :shrug:
So pay to send them back?

So pay to send them back?
Are you okay?  You seem to be having a hard time understanding my posts.

Seems to me that would be cheaper than putting them on the public dole. But, yes, buy them a bus ticket and send them back.  Or whatever.  I don't care, really.

You come here LEGALLY, or you don't come here at all.  :shrug:

Seems to me that would be cheaper than putting them on the public dole. But, yes, buy them a bus ticket and send them back.  Or whatever.  I don't care, really.

A bus to india...cool.

Im all for legal immigration...hiring more judges...more points of entry to handle the influx.  
Ease back the changes over the past few years to make it’s extremely difficult to come here legally.

And support countries who are in such bad shape that people risk their lives  to leave and come here searching for a better life.

Also...immigration is a net benefit economically.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/economy/making-sense/4-myths-about-how-immigrants-affect-the-u-s-economy

Good thing Im not in charge.  My plan  isn’t to make things harder, cut foreign aid, put up a wall and then pretend the problems are all solved
So we will be the worlds orphanage since we are now accepting all unaccompanied children, right?  Pretend? 

We’ve given over 210 billion in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. 
I for one am tired of sending taxpayers money to failing, corrupt, irresponsible Central/South American countries. But, that's the liberal mindset. Make American taxpayers fix other countries problems so their citizens don't break our laws. It's lunacy. Just throw money at the problem. That'll fix it!

I for one am tired of sending taxpayers money to failing, corrupt, irresponsible Central/South American countries. But, that's the liberal mindset. Make American taxpayers fix other countries problems so their citizens don't break our laws. It's lunacy. Just throw money at the problem. That'll fix it!
Its the burden we have as being the shining city on the hill.  Of being a top economy and a world super power.

210 billion dollars would've gone a long way of helping/fixing that.
So...throwing money at that problem will fix it (or should we also look at what are the underlying reasons for those tent cities (economic, mental health...).  And why many programs designed to help those people also opposed by the same that oppose foreign aid?

There is no one fix...but shutting off our borders...saying go back home.  That is not an answer...nor does it solve any of the problems.  

Would discourage the future illegal crossings too. 

No one should be supporting unaccompanied minors coming into the country.
Not sure why not.  If we can accept turning accompanied minors into unaccompanied minors by separating them from their families at the border, why wouldn't we support them?  Seems like a REALLY strange place to draw a distinction.  :oldunsure:  

that makes way too much sense.
But does not fix the underlying problem.  These people are still coming here.  There is a reason people are still coming here and have been for many many years.

Park's closed, Moose out front should have told you...isn't going to stop the underlying cause or the problem.

For others in the "come here legally" crowd....do you support legislation that would fund the consideration of any person to come here by legal means?

But does not fix the underlying problem.  These people are still coming here.  There is a reason people are still coming here and have been for many many years.

Park's closed, Moose out front should have told you...isn't going to stop the underlying cause or the problem.
cripes man, follow the rules or change the rules.  letting in waves of illegals is obviously not good regardless of the "underlying problem".  ask Texas.

cripes man, follow the rules or change the rules.  letting in waves of illegals is obviously not good regardless of the "underlying problem".  ask Texas.
Oh, I think there will be pushes for both.

Easing some of the restrictions on legal immigration to make more legal immigration possible (will also help with the backlog as may flooded the system)

Changes for people already here gaining legal status if they meet certain criteria.

And yes...more focus on the underlying economic issues that bring people to this country and have them risking their lives on journeys to flee other places.

I seem to remember 4 years between Obama and Biden where nothing productive was done about it, either. As much as we’d like to forget that, Trump definitely carries blame here as well.
4 years where he kept the illegals out as much as possible. That was productive. 

For others in the "come here legally" crowd....do you support legislation that would fund the consideration of any person to come here by legal means?
What do you mean by "fund"? You want American taxpayers to "fund" foreigners to come here? If that's the idea, no. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

You wanna make it cheaper to come here. Sure. You wanna ease restrictions to come here legally. Sure. Taxpayers shouldn't carry the burden of foreigners seeking citizenship imo.

What do you mean by "fund"? You want American taxpayers to "fund" foreigners to come here? If that's the idea, no. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

You wanna make it cheaper to come here. Sure. You wanna ease restrictions to come here legally. Sure. Taxpayers shouldn't carry the burden of foreigners seeking citizenship imo.
Funding multiple points of entry, immigration judges and those sorts of things.

I would agree I am not for funding the travel and all to get here for anyone.

Do the public health risks, gang members etc wear signs that they’re gang members, bad ones and public health risks so we know which ones to keep out?
Certainly the public health risks are easier to detect through certain years: Covid, TB, other communicable diseases, etc. And our law enforcement is much more sophisticated about spotting gang membership than you might expect. 
Will bad ones get through the cracks? Of course, no way to stop that. But far less than you might think. 

We’ve given over 210 billion in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. 
Compared to the amount of money we’ve cost these countries by imposing dictators of our choosing and starving them economically for our own benefit, it’s not close to equitable. 

Certainly the public health risks are easier to detect through certain years: Covid, TB, other communicable diseases, etc. And our law enforcement is much more sophisticated about spotting gang membership than you might expect. 
Will bad ones get through the cracks? Of course, no way to stop that. But far less than you might think. 
If travel to Mexico I have to pass a Covid test to get back into my country 

Are these catch and release people getting a Covid test before being released?

Do you have a sho nuff bat signal or something?   Just put the dude on ignore already... 
Like 20 people have asked him to do and he continues with the same nonsense responses to them?  You can police karma or sho for all I care but I'm good and don't need your help

If travel to Mexico I have to pass a Covid test to get back into my country 

Are these catch and release people getting a Covid test before being released?
I have no idea. I don’t think anyone with Covid should ge allowed in, though hopefully this will be a temporary issue, resolved in the next few months. 

Compared to the amount of money we’ve cost these countries by imposing dictators of our choosing and starving them economically for our own benefit, it’s not close to equitable. 
yea, it's our fault and we owe them.  some comments in here are insane.

]slump]

All the people who think we "owe" or should prop up these countries. Feel free to send parts of your incomes directly to those countries. Feel free to sponsor immigrants trying to come here. Pay for their immigration fees. Open your homes to them. That wouldn't bother me one bit. But don't expect everyone to "pay" foreign failed/corrupt/incompetent countries. 

That is not the burden of middle/below poverty classes. They shouldn't have to pay for non-citizens to come here. It's not my responsibility to get a foreigner here. 

So open borders then. Cool. 

And yes that is disingenuous, but so is your question. 
I don't see how it is.  I am asking if people who are of the "come here legally" mindset are willing to increase the funding that would allow people from any country the opportunity to come here legally.  Why is that disingenuous?

All the people who think we "owe" or should prop up these countries. Feel free to send parts of your incomes directly to those countries. Feel free to sponsor immigrants trying to come here. Pay for their immigration fees. Open your homes to them. That wouldn't bother me one bit. But don't expect everyone to "pay" foreign failed/corrupt/incompetent countries. 

That is not the burden of middle/below poverty classes. They shouldn't have to pay for non-citizens to come here. It's not my responsibility to get a foreigner here. 
There’s a lot of stuff my tax money goes to that I wouldn’t prefer. But I have no choice in the matter and neither do you. Which is overall the way it has to be. 

There are many countries where they don't have a "legal" means of coming here.  I'm asking if those who are claiming the "legality" of it all as their sticking point if they are willing to increase the scope so that there is a process for us to accept legal immigrants from ANY country.

Not sure why not.  If we can accept turning accompanied minors into unaccompanied minors by separating them from their families at the border, why wouldn't we support them?  Seems like a REALLY strange place to draw a distinction.  :oldunsure:  
You are ok with unaccompanied minors being used by coyotes and cartels making that dangerous trek?  Once here we should definitely support them.

There’s a lot of stuff my tax money goes to that I wouldn’t prefer. But I have no choice in the matter and neither do you. Which is overall the way it has to be. 
Again, You kind of do by who you vote for. I understand taxes are spent in ways I disagree with. That's why I vote for individuals who most align with the way my taxes should be spent. 

But the people who feel so strongly about the issue of sending these countries taxpayers money. Feel free to send more of your own. Leave mine alone.

There are many countries where they don't have a "legal" means of coming here.  I'm asking if those who are claiming the "legality" of it all as their sticking point if they are willing to increase the scope so that there is a process for us to accept legal immigrants from ANY country.
Of course. Just depends how it's done.

Of course. Just depends how it's done.

That would alleviate a lot of the "illegality" of the whole process.  And it's achieved by opening the process to all countries and hiring enough staff (lawyers and judges and processors) to handle the volume.  As well as upgrading our checkpoints with new security technology and law enforcement officials.  Problem solved.  

The Biden administration is putting every American border agent, every detention worker, every immigrant, etc etc, at risk of covid and death due to their weakness on immigration. He will be responsible for a super spreading event and the deaths that will accompany it.

There is no due process for most of these people. There is no way for them to come here except the way they’re coming. 
I agree

100% lock down the borders, 0 people coming across and then, create a system of legal immigration that allows for a certain number every year to enter the USA - a number that the nation can absorb without a negative impact

but without a secure border 0 any process is irrelevant 

Users who are viewing this thread