What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Rookie drafts (1 Viewer)

If you mean Lawrence, I kind of hope so. The reason I took Etienne and not Williams was that I hoped he'd bypass the latter and I could take him at 6. I'm okay with one of the other QBs.
Yep. I remember. This is the one you've been talking about for quite some time. You have a ton of picks. Good luck. I love the Etienne pick and we'll see if your game theory style works in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blick said:
I feel like there is a significant tier jump after five, but I think I'd strongly consider this.
Assuming that top 5 is Harrise, Ettienne, William's, Chase, Pitts.........that may not be everyone's top 5.  I have seen 100 different tier variances on here.  

I think Kittle and pick 6 obviously holds more value than pick 1, and would go that route even if those were the top 5 picks.   Maybe even trade pick 6 back for a future 1st and pick in the 11-14 range or so.  

Andy Dufresne said:
Zealots Non-PPR IDP - 2 starting RBs required, Passing TDs = 4 pts

This is the one I've been waiting to do. Took over the Chargers as an orphan after week 1 last year, tore it down to almost the foundation!
Well, I made one last trade up to go from 2.1 to 1.10 (cost me next year's 2nd). I was hoping to get Waddle, but I'll settle for Bateman. 

Not a bad start to the reboot here: Pitts/Etienne/Williams/Smith/Lance/Bateman will go with Chubb and Higgins to form the starting corps. Well, except for Lance, Brady will start ahead of him. 

Well, I made one last trade up to go from 2.1 to 1.10 (cost me next year's 2nd). I was hoping to get Waddle, but I'll settle for Bateman. 

Not a bad start to the reboot here: Pitts/Etienne/Williams/Smith/Lance/Bateman will go with Chubb and Higgins to form the starting corps. Well, except for Lance, Brady will start ahead of him. 
Some might quibble with Smith over Waddle, but that's a masterful job man.

As a recent returner to the SP, do you mind sharing the pieces you traded away for all of these draft picks?  

Some might quibble with Smith over Waddle, but that's a masterful job man.

As a recent returner to the SP, do you mind sharing the pieces you traded away for all of these draft picks?  
Uh, it's a long story. It started with names like Watson, R Wilson Elliott, K Allen, M Sanders, and Diggs. Swift, Andrews, & McLaurin were on the roster at one time.

So I think I started with a few pretty good but veteran (not really "old") pieces and turned them into hopefully eight good, young ones.

Looking back at it, I'm not sure how much better it really is, but it's been fun! And it's definitely younger.

Beginning to not like this draft class. Some huge potnetial at WR but like every year they just wont all come through. On a personal level I dont rate the QB as much as others, RB are kinda scarce and TE is a one man show. On IDP we have no real DE to target and a very very muddy LB situation.

Meh.

12 team PPR dynasty, 1 qb league

1.1 Harris

1.2 Chase

1.3 Pitts

1.4 Etienne 

1.5 Javonte Williams (my pick)

1.6 Waddle

1.7 D. Smith

1.8 Sermon

1.9 Lawrence 

1.10 Carter

1.11 Bateman

1.12 E. Moore

2.1 Marshall

2.2 Toney

2.3 Wilson

2.4 R. Moore

2.5 Lance

2.6 St. Brown

2.7 Fields

2.8 Collins

2.9 D. Brown  

2.10 Rodgers 

2.11 Stevenson

2.12 Eskridge 

3.1 Gainwell

3.2 Hubbard 

3.3 Firsker 

3.4 OTC 

It seems like so far, from what I've seen, this is the most common top 5. Yes I've seen a few flips in order but seems like Etienne goes before Williams most everywhere, and Pitts usually immediately after Harris/Chase (although I've seen that order flipped a few times) 

Everyone else pretty much seeing the same so far? 

My draft is Tuesday (12 team ppr 1 qb) and I have 1.5 1.6 1.7 and expect chalk of the four regulars going top four in 1 qb

I know right. lol

Looking long and hard at it. This was his first offer too. I don't wanna hit the well to hard but he might up this a bit. Even if I could swap significant position in one of the earlier rounds I might pull the trigger.

agreed. I'd love to stay in the top 3 but a known commodity in Kittle is a nice consolation. 

yeah I thought deciding between Pitts, Harris and Chase was tough. lol.
So I wanted to follow up on this one. Haven’t pulled the trigger on the Kittle offer yet. Meanwhile I continued messaging the rest on the top 8. Sure enough the guy at 1.4 was listening. Packaged some pieces along with Tua and the 2.01 (17th overall) and was able to get the 1.4. So now have 1.01 and 1.04. 1.01 for 1.06/Kittle is still an option but something about Kittle has me nervous. Maybe it’s overthinking at this point. But I’m strongly leaning to sitting still and taking Pitts at 1.01 and Harris/ETN/Chase at 1.04 and calling it a day. 

My current SF/12 Team SuperFlex startup draft

PPR, 1.5 TE

Starters:

Number of Starting QBs:1-2

Number of Starting RBs:2-4

Number of Starting WRs:2-5

Number of Starting TEs:1-3

Maximum Number of Starting QB/RB/WR/TE Players:11
I’ve seen you post a few times and I don’t get the starting lineups. What are the starting lineups in terms of QRRWWTFFFS? That’s way easier to understand than 2-4RBs, 2-5WRs, etc

I’ve seen you post a few times and I don’t get the starting lineups. What are the starting lineups in terms of QRRWWTFFFS? That’s way easier to understand than 2-4RBs, 2-5WRs, etc
Just a copy and paste of the exact starting lineup / options as listed in league settings. I added the Flex, SFlex to clarify. Let me know how you prefer to see the starting lineup requirements that may make it easier read and I will change it up.

Just a copy and paste of the exact starting lineup / options as listed in league settings. I added the Flex, SFlex to clarify. Let me know how you prefer to see the starting lineup requirements that may make it easier read and I will change it up.
QRRWWWTFFS is typical nomenclature. Seems like you have something different than a Flex because your RBs are min 2 max 4, while WR are min2max5

another one underway

14 team .5 ppr 1 qb, yes 1 qb lol

1 Harris

2 Pitts

3 Chase

4 Etienne

5 Williams

6 Waddle

7 Smith

8 Lawrence

9 Lance

10 Fields

11 Sermon

12 Z Wilson

13 Bateman

14 Marshall

15 Carter

16 R Moore

17 E Moore

18 Mac Jones

Rookie/FA draft.  12 team, 1/2/2/1/2 rb,wr,te/k/d, ppr.  I had pick 9,21, 33, 45.  Some buyer's remorse pulling the trigger on Toney over Dillon/Dyami/Amari in rd 2.

1. RB Najee Harris, PIT
2. WR JaMarr Chase, CIN
3. QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX
4. TE Kyle Pitts, ATL
5. RB Travis Etienne, JAX
6. RB Javonte Williams, DEN
7. WR DeVonta Smith, PHI
8. QB Trey Lance, SF
9. WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA
10. RB Trey Sermon, SF
11. RB Michael Carter, NYJ
12. WR Rashod Bateman, BAL
13. QB Justin Fields, CHI
14. WR Elijah Moore, NYJ
15. WR Terrace Marshall, CAR
16. WR Rondale Moore, ARZ
17. WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, DET
18. TE Pat Freiermuth, PIT
19. RB Kenneth Gainwell, PHI
20. QB Zach Wilson, NYJ
21. WR Kadarius Toney, NYG
22. RB AJ Dillon, GB
23. RB Salvon Ahmed, MIA
24. QB Mac Jones, NEP
25. QB Jameis Winston, NOS
26. Redskins D/ST
27. RB Chuba Hubbard, CAR
28. RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NEP
29. RB Chris Evans, CIN
30. WR Breshad Perriman, DET
31. WR Dyami Brown, WAS
32. WR D'Wayne Eskridge, SEA
33. WR Josh Palmer, LAC
34. WR Amari Rodgers, GB
35. K Brandon McManus, DEN
36. Broncos D/ST
37. Pats D/ST
38. K Robbie Gould
39. WR Darius Slayton, NYG
40. WR Travis Fulgham, PHI
41. WR Nico Collins, HOU
42. RB Xavier Jones, LAR
43. TE Anthony Firkser, TEN
44. RB Javian Hawkins, ATL
45. TE Gerald Everett, SEA
46. TE Hayden Hurst, ATL
47. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WAS
48. RB Malcolm Brown, MIA

12 team PPR SF:

1.01 Lawrence

1.02 Lance

1.03 Fields

1.04 Chase

1.05 Harris

1.06 Etienne

1.07 Z.Wilson

1.08 Pitts (me)

1.09 J.Williams

1.10 Smith

1.11 Mac Jones

1.12 Sermon

2.01 Carter

2.02 Waddle

2.03 E. Moore

2.04 R.Moore

2.05 Bateman

2.06 Marshall

2.07 Mills

2.08 Mond

2.09 St Brown

2.10 Toney

2.11 Rodgers

2.12 Freiermuth

2.13 (prize for loser bowl winner) Nico Collins

3.01 Chuba Hubbard

3.02 Byron Pringle 

3.03 Gainwell

3.04 Trask

3.05 Palmer

3.06 Stephenson

3.07 D. Brown

3.08 Wallace

3.09 E.Mitchell

3.10 Eskridge

3.11 Atwell

3.12 D.Fitzpatrick

Rounda 4-5 are fairly boring. Darrell Williams 4.11, Tremble 4.12, Chris Evans 5.08,  I got Rountree 5.09, Samije Perine went 5.11

Looking at the couple recent drafts, I’m clearly higher on Rountree than the masses.
I was PSYCHED to land him at the end of the 5th. 

To the point that I messaged the dude at 5.08 asking him if I had to trade with him to move up a spot. He asked who I was taking & I asked who he was taking :lol:  

he said he wanted either Evans or Rountree & I said I was looking at Rountree. He’s cool like that so he took Evans. 

I was PSYCHED to land him at the end of the 5th. 

To the point that I messaged the dude at 5.08 asking him if I had to trade with him to move up a spot. He asked who I was taking & I asked who he was taking :lol:  

he said he wanted either Evans or Rountree & I said I was looking at Rountree. He’s cool like that so he took Evans. 
Nice. I targeted him earlier than most. His talent seems fine and his opportunity exceeds a lot of RBs I see going 3rd/4th. 

Might as well post our rookie draft instead of just commenting on others. I began with 1.6, 1.11, 2.6, 3.6, 3.11. My draft prep pretty much went out the window after my draft day offer of 1.6/1.11/Cousins for 1.2 was accepted. I had planned to take Marshall 1.11, so navigating from 2.6->2.5 was a pleasant surprise. It did cost me Freiermuth, who I planned to take @ 2.6 going in. I'm clearly higher on Rountree/Schwartz than most. Oh well, I take guys that I like in later rounds and don't focus much on ADP. It works for me. 

Standard scoring no PPR/no IDP.

1.1 Kyle Pitts

1.2 Najee Harris

1.3 JaMarr Chase

1.4 Javante Williams

1.5 Travis Etienne

1.6 Devonta Smith

1.7 Trevor Lawrence

1.8 Jaylen Waddle

1.9 Trey Sermon

1.10 Trey Lance

1.11 Rashod Batemen

1.12 Justin Fields

2.1 Michael Carter

2.2 Elijah Moore

2.3 Rondale Moore

2.4 Zach Wilson

2.5 Terrace Marshall

2.6 Amon Ra-St Brown

2.7 Kadarius Toney

2.8 Chuba Hubbard

2.9 Amari Rodgers

2.10 Rhamondre Stevenson

2.11 Pat Freiermuth

2.12 Nico Collins

3.1 Mac Jones

3.2 Kenneth Gainwell

3.3 D'Wayne Eskridge

3.4 Josh Palmer

3.5 Kellen Mond

3.6 Larry Rountree III

3.7 Javian Hawkins

3.8 Dyami Brown

3.9 Kyle Trask

3.10 Elijah Mitchell

3.11 Ihmir Smith-Marsette

3.12 Cornell Powell

4.1 Evan McPherson

4.2 Hunter Long

4.3 Kylan Granson

4.4 Brevin Jordan

4.5 Anthony Schwartz

4.6 Gerrid Doaks

4.7 Noah Gray

4.8 Tylan Wallace

4.9 Tutu Atwell

4.10 Jacob Harris

4.11 Chris Evans

4.12 Khalil Herbert

BigJim® said:
Looking at the couple recent drafts, I’m clearly higher on Rountree than the masses.
I have him in both of my dynasty leagues. Took him in the 3rd really in both leagues, one league we have a devy round each year.

Might as well post our rookie draft instead of just commenting on others. I began with 1.6, 1.11, 2.6, 3.6, 3.11. My draft prep pretty much went out the window after my draft day offer of 1.6/1.11/Cousins for 1.2 was accepted. I had planned to take Marshall 1.11, so navigating from 2.6->2.5 was a pleasant surprise. It did cost me Freiermuth, who I planned to take @ 2.6 going in. I'm clearly higher on Rountree/Schwartz than most. Oh well, I take guys that I like in later rounds and don't focus much on ADP. It works for me. 

1.1 Kyle Pitts

1.2 Najee Harris

1.3 JaMarr Chase

1.4 Javante Williams

1.5 Travis Etienne

1.6 Devonta Smith

1.7 Trevor Lawrence

1.8 Jaylen Waddle

1.9 Trey Sermon

1.10 Trey Lance

1.11 Rashod Batemen

1.12 Justin Fields

2.1 Michael Carter

2.2 Elijah Moore

2.3 Rondale Moore

2.4 Zach Wilson

2.5 Terrace Marshall

2.6 Amon Ra-St Brown

2.7 Kadarius Toney

2.8 Chuba Hubbard

2.9 Amari Rodgers

2.10 Rhamondre Stevenson

2.11 Pat Freiermuth

2.12 Nico Collins

3.1 Mac Jones

3.2 Kenneth Gainwell

3.3 D'Wayne Eskridge

3.4 Josh Palmer

3.5 Kellen Mond

3.6 Larry Rountree III

3.7 Javian Hawkins

3.8 Dyami Brown

3.9 Kyle Trask

3.10 Elijah Mitchell

3.12 Cornell Powell

4.1 Evan McPherson

4.2 Hunter Long

4.3 Kylan Granson

4.4 Brevin Jordan

4.5 Anthony Schwartz

4.6 Gerrid Doaks

4.7 Noah Gray

4.8 Tylan Wallace

4.9 Tutu Atwell

4.10 Jacob Harris

4.11 Chris Evans

4.12 Khalil Herbert

I'd strip nekked and run around the neighborhood if Carter was avail at the end of the first round of our draft. 

1.1 Kyle Pitts

1.2 Najee Harris

1.3 JaMarr Chase

1.4 Javante Williams

1.5 Travis Etienne

1.6 Devonta Smith

1.7 Trevor Lawrence

1.8 Jaylen Waddle

1.9 Trey Sermon

1.10 Trey Lance

1.11 Rashod Batemen

1.12 Justin Fields

2.1 Michael Carter

2.2 Elijah Moore

2.3 Rondale Moore

2.4 Zach Wilson

2.5 Terrace Marshall

2.6 Amon Ra-St Brown

2.7 Kadarius Toney

2.8 Chuba Hubbard

2.9 Amari Rodgers

2.10 Rhamondre Stevenson

2.11 Pat Freiermuth

2.12 Nico Collins

3.1 Mac Jones

3.2 Kenneth Gainwell

3.3 D'Wayne Eskridge

3.4 Josh Palmer

3.5 Kellen Mond

3.6 Larry Rountree III

3.7 Javian Hawkins

3.8 Dyami Brown

3.9 Kyle Trask

3.10 Elijah Mitchell

3.12 Cornell Powell

4.1 Evan McPherson

4.2 Hunter Long

4.3 Kylan Granson

4.4 Brevin Jordan

4.5 Anthony Schwartz

4.6 Gerrid Doaks

4.7 Noah Gray

4.8 Tylan Wallace

4.9 Tutu Atwell

4.10 Jacob Harris

4.11 Chris Evans

4.12 Khalil Herbert

Terrace Marshall was an excellent value at 2.05.  Dyami Brown at 3.08 was also a bargain.  

Someone talk me into taking Etienne over Chase at 1.02.
Shhhhhh🤫

From someone who is sitting with the 1.04 pick...I strongly suggest people not deviate from the rookie ADP from the last few months.🙏🤞

1) Harris

2) Chase

3) Pitts

Shhhhhh🤫

From someone who is sitting with the 1.04 pick...I strongly suggest people not deviate from the rookie ADP from the last few months.🙏🤞

1) Harris

2) Chase

3) Pitts
Haha I doubt anyone from your leagues is in here, so fire away!  Gimme your Etienne love and reasons for taking him over chase at the 1.02

Haha I doubt anyone from your leagues is in here, so fire away!  Gimme your Etienne love and reasons for taking him over chase at the 1.02
Not really a preference one way or the other. Both rated at 1/1A, but personally for me I hit with my WR’s in last year’s rookie draft (Lamb, Higgins, Shenault, .Aiyuk) so Etienne fits my team better moving forward. Curious to see how it shakes out with Etienne and Robinson. It’s like picking between Lamb and Taylor last year, don’t think you can go wrong with either Chase or Etienne this year...Good luck.

Someone talk me into taking Etienne over Chase at 1.02.
I am in the same situation however sitting at 1.3. Harris and Javonte are going 1.1 and 1.2, both owners have said such and both need RBs. Leaned ETN at first after NFL draft, then the Watson drama insued, i ended up with trading for Burrow. So the thought of pairing Chase and Burrow is an advantage and intriguing.

Had a very good draft last season (dynasty/contract/salary cap league) with Dobbins, CEH, Claypool and Shenault. I have always been a RB first guy but right now I am 99% taking Chase. Not sure at this point I can be talked out of not taking Chase.

Roster looks like this

QB Burrow, Watson, Tyrod

RB CMC, Dobbins, CEH, Mike Davis

WR Dionte Johnson, Claypool, Shenault, Beckham, Bryan Edwards

TE Waller, OJ Howard, Everett

8 team deep dynasty superflex ppr 25 man roster with taxi squad

Love my rookie draft.

i had 2 picks in each of 1st 2 rounds and got

1.3 Chase

1.4 Pitts

2.3 E.Moore

2.6 Z.Wilson

I am in the same situation however sitting at 1.3. Harris and Javonte are going 1.1 and 1.2, both owners have said such and both need RBs. Leaned ETN at first after NFL draft, then the Watson drama insued, i ended up with trading for Burrow. So the thought of pairing Chase and Burrow is an advantage and intriguing.

Had a very good draft last season (dynasty/contract/salary cap league) with Dobbins, CEH, Claypool and Shenault. I have always been a RB first guy but right now I am 99% taking Chase. Not sure at this point I can be talked out of not taking Chase.

Roster looks like this

QB Burrow, Watson, Tyrod

RB CMC, Dobbins, CEH, Mike Davis

WR Dionte Johnson, Claypool, Shenault, Beckham, Bryan Edwards

TE Waller, OJ Howard, Everett
Short term, reports seem to indicate ETN is leading out of the gate at training camps.  ETN excelling, Chase is kind of hit or miss. May need a little patience with Chase with tempered expectations this season?

Users who are viewing this thread