Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 SSL Sign-Up Thread

Draft will start after the NFL draft.  Do we have enough interest?

1. Mr. Ir.

2. Old Mil

3. Stinkin Ref

4. Bro1ncos

5. Crippler

6. Duckboy

7. Shadowfax

8. Stephen Holloway

9.Maggot Brain

10. -OZ-

11. Drunken Slob

12. Norseman

13. Nittanylion

14. NorrisB

15. Busman

16. Aaron Rudnicki

Alternates - Mr. Ir, Ryheaps, BSS

Edited by BassNBrew

This, along with MBSL and Anarchy, are the only Survivor Leagues I participate in. I'm just not wired to draft prior to the NFL Draft, I guess. I've been involved with SSL for years, but something happened last year (most likely my fault), and I was left without a seat when the sign-up music stopped playing. Definitely would like to reclaim my place at the table.

The NFL has decided again this year, not to release the 2021 Schedule until shortly after the NFL Draft. I'd offer the suggestion that we not Draft until after the Schedule release, so that we know the Bye Weeks before picking our Teams. I guess I'm not wired for unpleasant surprises, either.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-regular-season-schedule-to-be-released-may-12-on-nfl-network-nfl-com

Just a suggestion, not a deal-breaker for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nittanylion said:

This, along with MBSL and Anarchy, are the only Survivor Leagues I participate in. I'm just not wired to draft prior to the NFL Draft, I guess. I've been involved with SSL for years, but something happened last year (most likely my fault), and I was left without a seat when the sign-up music stopped playing. Definitely would like to reclaim my place at the table.

The NFL has decided again this year, not to release the 2021 Schedule until shortly after the NFL Draft. I'd offer the suggestion that we not Draft until after the Schedule release, so that we know the Bye Weeks before picking our Teams. I guess I'm not wired for unpleasant surprises, either.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-regular-season-schedule-to-be-released-may-12-on-nfl-network-nfl-com

I co-sign this request by @nittanylion

On 4/24/2021 at 9:58 PM, nittanylion said:

Concur

The schedule is supposed to be released May 12. MBSL took about 18 days to complete, so if we started right after the NFL draft the schedule would probably be released sometime mid (towards the end) of the draft. It probably makes sense to just wait until the 13th.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, BassNBrew said:

Draft will start after the NFL draft.  Do we have enough interest?

1. Mr. Ir.

2. Old Mil

3. Stinkin Ref

4. Bro1ncos

5. Crippler

6. Duckboy

7. Shadowfax

8. Stephen Holloway

9.Maggot Brain

10. -OZ-

11. Drunken Slob

12. Norseman

13. Nittanylion

14. NorrisB

15. Busman

16. Aaron Rudnicki

Alternates - Mr. Ir, Ryheaps, BSS

6 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

sigh, I remember the days we would have 4 of these things going on

3 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

Wasn't even that long ago

Season long is a dying breed. That and FBG isn’t gaining posters at the rate they are losing them

17 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Season long is a dying breed. That and FBG isn’t gaining posters at the rate they are losing them

So why? cant be daily fantasy as  I think that sucks. or has FF just ran its natural course. I get the posters thing too, as I just got back from a 6 month vacay....didnt really miss it. 

On 5/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

So why? cant be daily fantasy as  I think that sucks. or has FF just ran its natural course. I get the posters thing too, as I just got back from a 6 month vacay....didnt really miss it. 

I think it's just the natural course. Personally I'm almost ready to give up my leagues except for the friends made over the years. 

On 5/10/2021 at 2:41 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Personally it's gotten to be mostly luck with the resources available and many of us are now 30+ years into this.

23 minutes ago, rzrback77 said:

As a member of the returning IBL Championship winning team, I take a bit of exception to the “all luck” mind set.

correct.....and let's not forget that one pivotal win Bass and I got in the playoffs that turned out to be the difference between first and second....

• Laughing 1

4 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

correct.....and let's not forget that one pivotal win Bass and I got in the playoffs that turned out to be the difference between first and second....

You misspelled ONLY win

• Laughing 1