What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Day 3 Dynasty Prospects--Discuss as they get drafted. (1 Viewer)

I am a Bateman fan, and not a believer in Wallace, I think this will only help depress his stock.

If he's an early 2nd rounder now, I am all about it.  
2.4 and I'm not going to shy away from Bateman if the destination causes him to fall.   That's how I got AJB for a 2nd round price.

So seems like the only RB left that can work his way into meaningful value is Gainwell. 
There's backs I am interested in, and I will get excited here and there, but we are really grading on a scale here. 

You have to assume it's a longshot. 

I'm looking for talented guys behind less than studly starters, or maybe a handcuff to a guy I already have.

Or better yet, another lottery ticket to replace my Eno Benjamin's or whatever other riff raff is clogging the bottom of my roster.  

Tough to bank on injury obviously. Probably the worst spot there is.
I guess I wasn't that high on Hubbard's outlook to become a starting RB in the first place.   I think most of the RBs getting drafted at this spot should be happy for a wide-open backup role to start their rookie campaign.

I will grant you that there are still some vacancies out there with a window to fight for the top spot.   Atlanta, maybe even TB, but not really.   Yes, those would have been better than CAR.   But if CMC goes down again, at least there isn't a muddled mess of competition.

Jacob Harris was a WR in college, and a true freak athlete, look him up.  Not a great college player, but maybe a move TE in NFL.  Boom or bust rookie pick.  

Less interesting for Gainwell, but I figured the Eagles would be doing something behind Sanders.

I'm just glad he isn't making his way to Buffalo.   Was starting to feel like he was going to be served up to them on a platter.

Gainwell is kind of crazy in that the last season he played he's coming off freshman of the year honors. When was the last time that happened? Wonder if that lack of experience is what led to his drop but my guess is it's more, more then experience or opting out and some type of medical or character issue. Just my guess but backs with his skill set in today's NFL should not be lasting till round 5.

Also as a Mile Sanders owner I was sweating them picking him the last few rounds. Hated to see it.

Gainwell is kind of crazy in that the last season he played he's coming off freshman of the year honors. When was the last time that happened? Wonder if that lack of experience is what led to his drop but my guess is it's more, more then experience or opting out and some type of medical or character issue. Just my guess but backs with his skill set in today's NFL should not be lasting till round 5.

Also as a Mile Sanders owner I was sweating them picking him the last few rounds. Hated to see it.
Agree about Sanders. I don’t think Sanders is in danger of losing his job, but Gainwell will be used.

Moss and Singletary unscathed through the Bills scheduled 5th.  Not necessarily a surprise, but I thought competition beyond Breida was possible.   Still is.

For sure, not concerned about a 5th round draft picking unseating Miles Sanders but passing game is where I wanted to see his role grow and this has dampened my hope, considerably.
Notwithstanding last year’s bout with the drops, Sanders is a good receiver so maybe it won’t be that big of an impact.

Sanders owner:  I dislike the Gainwell selection.  I don’t think Sanders loses his job, but Gainwell may take a couple touches here and there.  Just more of a cap for Sanders upside.

Detroit was nice for St. Brown.  He should be able to start soon if not on day 1.  Goff is crap, but he usually makes for good FF pass catchers.

Carter will get touches.  I’m liking what NYJ is doing.  I worry he goes the way of Singletary where there’s a lot of excitement in the FF community, he creeps up near the end of the 1st—and then they go add someone else.

Carter will get touches.  I’m liking what NYJ is doing.  I worry he goes the way of Singletary where there’s a lot of excitement in the FF community, he creeps up near the end of the 1st—and then they go add someone else.
If they do a true Singletary and wait until 2022, then there's still al lot to get excited about for 2021 opportunity alone.   But yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they add another back that's somewhat interesting before the day is up.

Just started to root for Elijah Mitchell 

Actually as a Miami fan, i kinda hope SF tanks somehow BUT i would assume Mitchell will be a Top 10-20 sleeper one week this year after 3-4 injuries mount in the backfield and everyone shrugs and says "Someone has to get touches" week 12. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanders owner:  I dislike the Gainwell selection.  I don’t think Sanders loses his job, but Gainwell may take a couple touches here and there.  Just more of a cap for Sanders upside.
I wouldn't be worried about gainwell, but he does become a priority handcuff IMO. Hubbard, less so.

ZWK said:
Khalil Herbert to Chicago at 217. Good shot to become Montgomery's handcuff.
Yep.

Uggh.  Seth Williams gets the Tyler Johnson 2020 treatment, and gets buried in Denver.  

EDIT: Sorry, if I tipped the pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
-OZ- said:
I wouldn't be worried about gainwell, but he does become a priority handcuff IMO. Hubbard, less so.
Man, how far has Hubbard fallen from grace.  Wasn’t he considered fantasy gold a year ago?  Maybe I’m remembering wrong. 

Now he’s a depth chart guy.

Man alive, Shanny just keeps loading up on competent and expendable RBs.   Sermon and Mitchell were two guys I really liked in the 2nd & 3rd.   I still think they're interesting given Mostert's durability, but this RBBC seems locked and loaded to keep doing it's thing.

No need to sweat 7th rounders, but there are guys I would have rather seen find their way to GB than Kylin Hill, speaking as a DIllon owner.

Detroit picks up Jermar-Jeff right behind Hill.   Didn't want to let Kerryon start believing that maybe the team actually believed in him enough to hold down the #3 spot.  If the Lions like him as much as some in Shark Pool, Kerryon might not make the cut.

ZWK said:
Khalil Herbert to Chicago at 217. Good shot to become Montgomery's handcuff.
Seems to be a Waldman favorite.   I was just starting to like Damien Williams as a sleeper.   This puts a damper on it.

massraider said:
Sage Surratt-6'3, 215. He's older, and ran a 4.75 at his pro day. Ouch.  Sat out this season.  He's a big dude, plays strong, but can he get open against anyone? That speed, that age, no thanks.

Who'd I miss?
UDFA with the Lions. Good landing spot imo. Could take some work from Hock.

3 hour lunch said:
Thought this was interesting since they have Cook and Mattison. Must really like him I guess
Mike Boone part 2.

Maybe he is better than Boone, not sure I haven't watched him yet. Similarly gifted athletically UDFA for some reason.

Jerrick McKinnon also athletic freak but the Vikings actually drafted him.

Just saw Javian Hawkins signed with Atlanta as a UDFA...might be worth a dice roll as he probably could not find a better opportunity right now.

Zero RBs drafted in the last 5 years in the 4th rd or later, not counting undrafted James Robinson, or Barkley’s replacement last season, have amounted to anything   Maybe I’m just don’t remember.  However, I like Carter.
Jordan Howard made the ProBowl his rookie year in 2016 as a 5th round pick.  (just sayin...)

Users who are viewing this thread