What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Nap Location? (1 Viewer)

His best year came in 1901 as a member of the Philadelphia Athletics when he hit a remarkable .426, but I think I have to go with Cleveland here. Where he played the longest, and they even temporarily named the team after him.

His best year came in 1901 as a member of the Philadelphia Athletics when he hit a remarkable .426, but I think I have to go with Cleveland here. Where he played the longest, and they even temporarily named the team after him.
He was also drafted by the winner of the FFA All-Time Sports Draft. 

Anywhere after a day drunk.  Used to go to the Kentucky Derby and stayed at a buddy's house.  Would come back and lay down on the sun-warmed sidewalk leading to his front door and have a nice snooze.  

The key to napping on a bed is to do it fully dressed (minus shoes), on top of all the covers.  As soon as you get into the bed it's not a nap anymore and you'll feel terrible afterward. 

Best nap spot:  Have to agree it's in a beach chair in the shade in the breeze.  

Second best:  Inside of a car on a cold but sunny day. Just the right temperature balance. 

Worst place: on an airplane.  No idea how you ingrates can sleep sitting perfectly upright with no head support, or with that donut pillow strangling your neck. 

The key to napping on a bed is to do it fully dressed (minus shoes), on top of all the covers.  As soon as you get into the bed it's not a nap anymore and you'll feel terrible afterward. 

Best nap spot:  Have to agree it's in a beach chair in the shade in the breeze.  

Second best:  Inside of a car on a cold but sunny day. Just the right temperature balance. 

Worst place: on an airplane.  No idea how you ingrates can sleep sitting perfectly upright with no head support, or with that donut pillow strangling your neck. 
There is something about the hum of the engines in the sky that makes me want to nap ..

Whenever I've needed a MRI I just close my eyes and pretend I'm on a plane..

Last time they allowed me to bring in my own music.. Brought in the instrumental Pink Floyd CD and I was OUT!.. Nurses had to turn off the music and ask me to wake up so I could move my arm back into position :lmao:  

Inside a car on a rainy day >>> sunny day

The sounds on a plane put me to sleep almost immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside a car on a rainy day >>> sunny day

The sounds on a plane put me to sleep almost immediately.
I sleep on almost every flight I'm on ...hung over, not hung over, early morning, mid-day ...whatever.  I always thought it was the air or air pressure in there.  

Even if I try not to sleep, I'm usually out in minutes.  

I used to have to go on a little 19 seater prop plane every Monday morning at 6:30am ...I always reserved the back "bench" that was designed for 3 people that weighed about 110lbs.  It was smaller than the backseat of a '62 Thunderbird ...complete with a hump in the middle.  

Laid across it when I could and slept like a baby.  

New leader in the clubhouse - zero gravity chair under my deck - ceiling fans and 82" TV (look at me!) with sports on.

osloxl_copy.jpg

Valencia Oslo XL premium powered theater seat. Trust me, this is a winner.

Mr R does not lie. He can nod off in that thing in record time. Sleep or nap, it does not matter. It has adjustable head and back supports. Veeeery nice.

Bought a blue velvet couch more for looks than usage...I sleep like a baby when taking a power nap. I am jealous of those that can sleep on a plane.

Couch naps are the best, with a light blanket and fan blowing directly on you. Definitely need the TV on. Baseball game or something.

After 18 holes of golf and a few beers, on my recliner, watching golf or baseball, and then I slowly drift off. After 20 minutes of pure bliss, my wife comes home sounding like a herd of water buffalo and wonders why I'm grumpy.

53 - still can’t nap.

I assume it's too much stress and too busy a mind. Too much stress and too busy a mind get me also when it comes to sleep. But I can still nap. I just have trouble falling asleep.
I’m not sure. It’s been my whole life so doubt it’s stress. Just can’t sleep during the day. Sometimes I’m so tired I’ve tried but it’s just laying there for 20-30 minutes with eyes closed.

I’m not sure. It’s been my whole life so doubt it’s stress. Just can’t sleep during the day. Sometimes I’m so tired I’ve tried but it’s just laying there for 20-30 minutes with eyes closed.

Interesting. Welp, we all have our quirks.
I'm a terrible sleeper generally.
When I was still married we'd fly to Vietnam often and I would spend the entire 24 hour flight watching movies - can't sleep on the plane either.

I find the sh!tter in the handicap stall at works okay for quick 15 minute nod-off in a pinch.

Edit
Woah, Sh!tter isnt blocked on the new board.

My grandma had this old *** leather couch right under a window. At the right time of day (between like 1-3pm) the sun would shine through the window onto your body but if you were laying in the right direction, it wasnt on your face. That was without a doubt, the best nap spot on earth. Drool naps for real.

Took a nap today (on a weekday) for the first time in several months, maybe first one of 2022. Just laid on the couch Dagwood style , facing inward with feet hooked around the end. Ol Bumstead had it right all along...

Just took a quick 20 minute nap on the basement couch with TV going - while sitting up. Those can be fine as long as you don’t get a crick in your neck.

Took a nap today (on a weekday) for the first time in several months, maybe first one of 2022. Just laid on the couch Dagwood style , facing inward with feet hooked around the end. Ol Bumstead had it right all along...
You're right on Dagwood Bumstead. Guy was lazy as f, but still had a hot wife. And in his spare time he invented a sandwich.

Am I the only one who hates napping? Can't do it.
You must be a young pup.. Back when I was a young, on our Canada vacation, the older ones would nap after lunch and I'd be out wandering the woods.

Now, at 52, an afternoon nap for 30 minutes is absolutely necessary after a morning of :fishing:
53 - still can’t nap.
:sadbanana: everyday now I find time to close my eyes at lunch time..
Don't always nap, but a good 15 to 20 minutes of eyes closed refreshes me for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread