What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk To Me About Sites You Love For Mock Drafting (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Talk to me about mock drafting.

And for this, I mean just you against a computer.

What sites do you love for this? And what do you love about them?

FantasyPros Draft simulator allows for a lot of customization.

I also utilize FanTrax, same reasoning - my league has a few quirks and I want that reflected in my mocks.

I also do some at our host site (Yahoo) just to get a feel for how ####ed up their rankings are In case anyone is relying on the default (you can create your pre-draft rankings.)

I also utilize FanTrax, same reasoning - my league has a few quirks and I want that reflected in my mocks.

I also do some at our host site (Yahoo) just to get a feel for how ####ed up their rankings are In case anyone is relying on the default (you can create your pre-draft rankings.)
Always do some mocks on your home site. The rankings influence things greatly.

Strongly agree with using the FantasyPros site.

Always do some mocks on your home site. The rankings influence things greatly.
Not only rankings but check their projections. I’ve got to check myself in mocks - I’ll be debating two players and start thinking “We’ll I was thinking Player A but looks like Player B is gonna out score him” **checks notes** WAIT WAT yeah these are trash, go with your own.

Also, you’l notice wide variance across the different sites. Like consistent 20, 30 pick differences in the later rounds, all bc of the dumpster fire projections they are using.

I agree on fantasypros.

I have a league where we can keep three with the penalty of the round they were originally drafted at. I can make a customized league and guess at peoples keepers and run scenarios exchange different ideas of my keepers vs theirs. I think it has made a difference enough to pay for that subscription. I used to have to concoct my own spreadsheet, and this has taken a lot of work out of it. I am not sure there are many other reasons I subscribe there as a lot of their info is free. 

Talk to me about mock drafting.

And for this, I mean just you against a computer.

What sites do you love for this? And what do you love about them?
Yahoo, because we draft there.  Lets me get used to whatever changes are made and see the values lazy league mates will use.

OK, I'll bite. Being a long time beta tester, I use draft dominator of course!  I will fool around with positional value to reflect league personality and also mimic positional runs.  I overweight value based drafting higher for leagues that trade a lot, and overweight positional need for league where trading volume is low.  Gives me a better feel for value vs. need, predict league tendencies and helps refine my own draft list.

will it let you import team rosters, players, etc?

will it let you import team rosters, players, etc?
Yep, been importing on a free subscription at FantasyPros for the last few years. I'm redraft but I presume it'll be the same setup this year bc it's already linked the teams/league to my FantasyPros subscription. There is some functionality which is behind the paywall but the basic free setup is good. I have a paid subscription here for the first time in several years, which is the only money I invest in outside services. I do a fair amount of research/projection work myself but not everyone has time for that.

ETA: IIRC the link between my league (Yahoo host) and FantasyPros is via a Chrome extension. There's probably other ways to do it but I'm unaware of the other ways to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobbyLayne said:
Yep, been importing on a free subscription at FantasyPros for the last few years. I'm redraft but I presume it'll be the same setup this year bc it's already linked the teams/league to my FantasyPros subscription. There is some functionality which is behind the paywall but the basic free setup is good. I have a paid subscription here for the first time in several years, which is the only money I invest in outside services. I do a fair amount of research/projection work myself but not everyone has time for that.

ETA: IIRC the link between my league (Yahoo host) and FantasyPros is via a Chrome extension. There's probably other ways to do it but I'm unaware of the other ways to do it.
Cool Cool. much appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread