What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Party Alcohol (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Looking for drink ideas for a summer family party of mostly mid-50s with a smaller group of mid-30s

not trying to get anybody drunk

Mix recipes or store bought is fine

tia

Looking for drink ideas for a summer family party of mostly mid-50s with a smaller group of mid-30s

not trying to get anybody drunk

Mix recipes or store bought is fine

tia
For my birthday/Kentucky Derby party my girlfriend made a batch of Kentucky Bourbon Lemonade.   Easy to make and as long as you don't have a heavy hand on the bourbon it's not going to get anyone snockered.    It's just 1-1.5 parts bourbon (depending on your tastes), 3 parts lemonade and 1 part ginger ale with sliced lemons and mint.   Put it in one of those big plastic jug things with a spout.   

Frozen drinks can be a nice summer drink. I make a good bourbon peach Frozen drink. Mojitos are a good choice. A proper daiquiri, gin and tonic, or margarita are all classic summer cocktails

• Love
Reactions: KGB
this was a very popular and tasty drink when i visited Spain years ago. no idea how you scale it up for mass consumption.

tinto de verano

"The name tinto de verano translates into English as “red wine of summer.” It is a refreshing wine cocktail served during the warm months all over Spain. Although similar to sangria, it is easier to make and has less alcohol in it, ideal for sipping on a hot afternoon at a pool party or at the beach."

3 to 4 ice cubes

1/2 cup red wine

1/2 cup lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite or 7-Up

Slice of lemon, for garnish

Well I suppose this is my cue to bring out my old farts basketball league annual summer gala cocktail menu.

Turd Burglar - Malibu / cranberry-apple

Maryland ##### Bag - Capt Morgan / Diet Mt.Dew .... (acceptable to change location in name to origin of the guest attending that best fits description)

Meatwhistle - Vodka / SF Red Bull / splash of cran-apple

Red Ball Gag - Southern Comfort / Diet Cream soda ... and a maraschino cherry

Well I suppose this is my cue to bring out my old farts basketball league annual summer gala cocktail menu.

Maryland ##### Bag - Capt Morgan / Diet Mt.Dew .... (acceptable to change location in name to origin of the guest attending that best fits description)

Wait, I can't say #####?

It's a feminine hygiene product. Sheesh.

Orange Crush.....

INGREDIENTS

1 navel orange freshly juiced

2 ounces vodka

1 ounce Triple Sec

3 to 4 ounces lemon-lime soda like sprite or 7UP

orange wedges for garnish

a sprig of fresh mint

Or just Limocello (or as we like to call in our house...Liquid Pantie Remover)over ice.  If you have to cut it with someone...I'm sure you could.  

Last edited by a moderator:
this was a very popular and tasty drink when i visited Spain years ago. no idea how you scale it up for mass consumption.

tinto de verano

"The name tinto de verano translates into English as “red wine of summer.” It is a refreshing wine cocktail served during the warm months all over Spain. Although similar to sangria, it is easier to make and has less alcohol in it, ideal for sipping on a hot afternoon at a pool party or at the beach."

3 to 4 ice cubes

1/2 cup red wine

Look at this ####### guy. 

These sound incredibly terrible.

These sound incredibly terrible.
2 of these are designed to keep the party going, with Red Bull and the caffeine of Mt.Dew.

The Ball Gag is new to the menu... and not great. I'll be changing out the Southern Comfort for Segrams 7 this year.

.... But I will need one of my FBG's to try any of the other 3 and report back with a review.

To be fair, they look way better on my power point designed laminated cocktail menu. FBG message board does them no justice.

(Gotta use cran-apple. Don't use that straight up tart-### cranberry juice)

tinto de verano

3 to 4 ice cubes

1/2 cup red wine

No idea how anyone would figure out how to scale something that is equal parts wine and soda. 🤣

Summer Beer

4 cups ice cubes
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
12 fluid ounces vodka

TO DO : In a blender crush the ice. Pour in the lemonade concentrate, beer and vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into frozen glasses.

I've grown fond of a simple Michelada:

- Salt Rim of glass or, better yet, use Tajin
- Fill with Ice
- Add 20% Lime Juice
- Top with Mexican Beer (Tecate, Modelo, Pacifico, etc)

Very refreshing... not very strong for when you're wanting to moderate your buzz. 

Malibu Baybreeze

INGREDIENTS

1 1⁄2 ounces  coconut rum (I use Malibu Rum)

2  ounces cranberry juice

2  ounces  pineapple juice

Whatever you choose to serve, have some low alcohol "session" IPA's handy for people who just want beer. Both Founders (All Day IPA) and Sierra Nevada (Summer Break) make excellent ones, and both come in at the high 4's in ABV.

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in a Glass

ice

1 splash grenadine syrup

1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger cake-flavored vodka

3 ounces pineapple juice

1 maraschino cherry

Gin, Fresh lime juice, simple sugars to sweeten, shake it up over ice, I'm no gin drinker but this is a refreshing drink in the heat/summer down here in Florida. Has very few ingredients and the ladies seem to like them too. 

Margaritas are the bomb but I have to be clear about this, gotta all be fresh ingredients(no pre made mix) like straight up lime juice practically and I like a short glass, and since I figure there is close to 2 maybe 3 shots per drink the way I make them, you gotta really slow your roll because a couple quick ones like I am presenting and you will pass out in that heat kinda quick and the tequila is going to catch up to you. 

Specific liquors you might enjoy mixing are made by Plantation Rum and i use them for all my rum and tiki bar drinks. 

Milagro Repo/Anejo are pretty darn good for the money and I would have to go way up the price chain to beat Milagro which I used to sip straight but now I use it as a base tequila and sip the Clase Azul which will run you about $150 a bottle vs Milagro under $40. Also don't be afraid to grab Michal Jordan's 23-inch tall(think about it) Cincoro, the Repo is especially on point for the money. 

Cheers!

No idea how anyone would figure out how to scale something that is equal parts wine and soda. 🤣
:lmao:

it's very complex, this math. you have all these numbers and you're supposed to convert them in to shapes and sizes and it's just all so overwhelming.

Tom wants a pint glass, Angela wants a wine glass, the kids want tumblers.  who can do the math that fast??

Whatever you choose to serve, have some low alcohol "session" IPA's handy for people who just want beer. Both Founders (All Day IPA) and Sierra Nevada (Summer Break) make excellent ones, and both come in at the high 4's in ABV.
Or better yet... stop trying to make dry IPA's fit in a environment they're terrible in (Hot and humid)... and serve a more climate-suitable beer. :D  

IPAs are the pumpkin spice lattes for basic white dudes. ;)  

I had these while vacationing in Jamaica years ago:

Mudslides

2 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream

0.5 oz Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka

1 cup Ice

Chocolate Syrup

Blend til frozen drink consistency.

I tend to go for anything heavier on soda water on hot days. An Americano or Aperol Spritz is right in my wheelhouse.

Or better yet... stop trying to make dry IPA's fit in a environment they're terrible in (Hot and humid)... and serve a more climate-suitable beer. :D  

IPAs are the pumpkin spice lattes for basic white dudes. ;)  
heh, that's funny. Ok then, bring on the tub of coors light!!! 

I personally consider IPA's a good summer beer. Even the dry, hoppy, bitter ones. Not like I'm reaching for a heavy porter in July (although maybe I should).

Summer Beer

4 cups ice cubes
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
12 fluid ounces vodka

TO DO : In a blender crush the ice. Pour in the lemonade concentrate, beer and vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into frozen glasses.
that's a skip and go naked.   not the drink for a party where you don't want to get people drunk.  great drink if you do.   

Purchase a giant block of ice, Create an ice luge, pour  Screwball (or Rams Point) down it.

Be sure to ask if any peanut allergies first!

heh, that's funny. Ok then, bring on the tub of coors light!!! 

I personally consider IPA's a good summer beer. Even the dry, hoppy, bitter ones. Not like I'm reaching for a heavy porter in July (although maybe I should).
Im just being playful buddy. IPAs definitely have their place. 

Im just being playful buddy. IPAs definitely have their place. 
heh, I know gb. Honestly, I don't know why I always considered IPA's hot weather beers. But I do - that's my spring/summer go-to, especially the New England style.

Orange Crush.....

INGREDIENTS

1 navel orange freshly juiced

2 ounces vodka

1 ounce Triple Sec

3 to 4 ounces lemon-lime soda like sprite or 7UP

orange wedges for garnish

a sprig of fresh mint

Or just Limocello (or as we like to call in our house...Liquid Pantie Remover)over ice.  If you have to cut it with someone...I'm sure you could.  
Watermelon crush is good too

Watermelon juice

Watermelon vodka

Sprite

Super refreshing

Users who are viewing this thread