Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

New FBG Header Image

Joe - I'll just address this to you even though I expect no response - you're a truly nice guy and your news and notes and substantive product are outstanding.  

Given all that, it's baffling how every time there's an update, not only is it unneeded and a downgrade, but it always has myriad problems.  I wish you had better technology advice.  Other message boards I frequent manage to stay the same or, if they do upgrade, actually improve, and without weeks of bugs.  Oh, well.  Thanks for being such a quality person.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aerial Assault said:

Joe - I'll just address this to you even though I expect no response - you're a truly nice guy and your news and notes and substantive product are outstanding.  

Given all that, it's baffling how every time there's an update, not only is it unneeded and a downgrade, but it always has myriad problems.  I wish you had better technology advice.  Other message boards I frequent manage to stay the same or, if they do upgrade, actually improve, and without weeks of bugs.  Oh, well.  Thanks for being such a quality person.  

Thanks for the kind words. I too wish the board updates were easier. We'll continue to do our best there and try to bring folks a good product here. Thanks for being part of it. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 4:09 PM, Wildcat said:

It’s not new.  That’s why this thread exists.  I’ve been having it since the new board. Welcome to the club!  

Thanks. Yes, it was fixed but Invision did a new upgrade and the fixed header broke several other features so we reverted to the ugly looking header with the white letters overlayed as at least it was stable. We have some more pressing site things to take care of first but cleaning up the header is on the list. Apologies for the trouble. 

• Thanks 1

Ok. We "think" we have a new fix here.

Can you go back down to the bottom of the page and select one of the 4.6 themes and see if the issue with the header is resolved for you?  It's working for me now. 

If it's not, please post what device your own and operating system and link to a screen shot if you can. Thanks.

1 hour ago, East Coast Bias said:

I don’t see an option for 4.6 themes. Just default and dark.

Ok. The 4.6 themes should be available now to you if you select "theme" at the bottom of the page. Can you try that and see how it goes?

3 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Ok. The 4.6 themes should be available now to you if you select "theme" at the bottom of the page. Can you try that and see how it goes?

that eliminated the huge FOOTBALL GUYS for me.

39 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Much better for me!  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4.6 theme fixed the mess up top on iPad for me.

Just gotta condition myself to flip to portrait when reading a topic so I don’t get all that wasted space on the right where it puts stats for the thread, but that’s not new to this update, or a major deal. I just like browsing in the wider view and I don’t use the mobile settings, which is probably the FBG equivalent of a rotary phone.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I keep getting signed out.  On PC and on Mobile.  Seems to happen when going back to the forums menu to move between FFA and Shark Pool.

Yes, same. I’m getting logged out any time I leave and the login process takes multiple tries on my phone. Sometimes I just give up.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Yes, same. I’m getting logged out any time I leave and the login process takes multiple tries on my phone. Sometimes I just give up.

We'll keep on that one but honestly, don't have an idea what's causing it. It's only on mobile, right?

As always, if you let us know the browser and phone and OS, that will help.

The graphic stuff was fixable with solutions where our FBG header would fit with the Invision structure. We'll keep looking at the log in but we don't have an estimated fix date on this one. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

We'll keep on that one but honestly, don't have an idea what's causing it. It's only on mobile, right?

As always, if you let us know the browser and phone and OS, that will help.

The graphic stuff was fixable with solutions where our FBG header would fit with the Invision structure. We'll keep looking at the log in but we don't have an estimated fix date on this one. 

It’s on mobile and laptop (and I have remember me checked) - but only on the mobile is it difficult to log back in sometimes.

Safari on IPhone and Chrome on laptop

Edited by Dr. Octopus

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It’s on mobile and laptop (and I have remember me checked) - but only on the mobile is it difficult to log back in sometimes.

Safari on IPhone and Chrome on laptop

If we're going to solve this, we're going to have to have more detail.

"difficult to log back in sometimes" could mean a zillion things.

Can't log in at all? Difficult to see the button? You were logged out and have to log back in but can successfully do that?

Sometimes? Out of 10 times, how many times?

We need to understand exactly what is happening to see if we can replicate it. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

If we're going to solve this, we're going to have to have more detail.

"difficult to log back in sometimes" could mean a zillion things.

Can't log in at all? Difficult to see the button? You were logged out and have to log back in but can successfully do that?

Sometimes? Out of 10 times, how many times?

We need to understand exactly what is happening to see if we can replicate it. 

Sometimes (I didn’t officially keep track) I log back in on main page and when I go to forums, I have to log back in again.

The main issue is almost every single time I leave the site for a while, even when browser is left open I have to log back in - it’s far from the end of the world, just inconvenient 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Sometimes (I didn’t officially keep track) I log back in on main page and when I go to forums, I have to log back in again.

The main issue is almost every single time I leave the site for a while, even when browser is left open I have to log back in - it’s far from the end of the world, just inconvenient 

Ok. Being logged out and having to log back in is completely different than not being able or having difficulty logging in.

Let us look there and see what we can see. 

So on my S 10E phone, I can see the number of notifications,  but when I click on the number to actually see the two notifications and who they are from, I can't click on or even see them because the header covers then all.  

10 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

What broswer are you using?

Incognito mode?

5 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So on my S 10E phone, I can see the number of notifications,  but when I click on the number to actually see the two notifications and who they are from, I can't click on or even see them because the header covers then all.  

In dark mode?

Is it ok in light mode?

42 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

In dark mode?

Is it ok in light mode?

Tried both.  I've been in dark mode on phone and lap top for years.

Happens only in dark mode on S10e.   Football guys header with "Join Now" button doesn't go away in dark mode.  Does in White mode.

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe, 

This is what I’m seeing on an iPhone in regard to the banner overlapping the notifications and dms. It’s pretty much like it was at the upgrade’s inception 

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 14.7

Safari

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Tried both.  I've been in dark mode on phone and lap top for years.

Happens only in dark mode on S10e.   Football guys header with "Join Now" button doesn't go away in dark mode.  Does in White mode.

Thanks, that tip was helpful. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

chrome on laptop - safari on phone. I’m not sure what incognito mode is, sorry.

Ok. I'm sorry then as we don't have an answer. We'll keep trying but I'm afraid it may be something that doesn't change. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Hi Joe, 

This is what I’m seeing on an iPhone in regard to the banner overlapping the notifications and dms. It’s pretty much like it was at the upgrade’s inception 

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 14.7

Safari

Thanks. And in light mode, it works ok?

22 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. And in light mode, it works ok?

Yes. Light mode is fine. Dark mode, not so much.

Edited by Osaurus
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@Joe Bryant - The discussion in the Biles thread reminded me to ask here - are spoiler tags disabled or is there some new way to do spoilers?  Hasn’t worked for a while

[spoiler]
test

[/spoiler]

Not sure. I think they are not currently available. Sorry. 

We just ask that people be cool and not give away things without warning. 

Edited by Joe Bryant
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to come back in here and say now the site looks ####### FANTASTIC. Kudos on the progress.

Love the look/feel. Love the frozen header. Looks great on my work machine (PC / Chrome / 1920x1080).

Great work guys:thumbup: 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, [icon] said:

Just wanted to come back in here and say now the site looks ####### FANTASTIC. Kudos on the progress.

Love the look/feel. Love the frozen header. Looks great on my work machine (PC / Chrome / 1920x1080).

Great work guys:thumbup: 

I agree, with one caveat... with the fixed header, I end up mousing over the header pretty often and the pulldown menu covers most of my screen.  Every time I mouse up to do anything in my tabs or browser bars, I trigger the massive menu.  The Tools one covers the whole screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tick said:

I agree, with one caveat... with the fixed header, I end up mousing over the header pretty often and the pulldown menu covers most of my screen.  Every time I mouse up to do anything in my tabs or browser bars, I trigger the massive menu.  The Tools one covers the whole screen.

Agreed. It's kinda annoying

Edited by KingPrawn
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, Tick said:

Ditto.

Shortest distance between 2 points is not a straight line here at FBG , have to avoid the pop-outs with curves.

Or start from the bottom and scroll up instead of reading like most of the Western World where you go left to right and top to bottom.

Edited by Riffraff
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:36 AM, Joe Bryant said:

Not sure. I think they are not currently available. Sorry. 

We just ask that people be cool and not give away things without warning. 

[spoiler]

Vader is Luke's father

[/spoiler]

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

19 hours ago, Keerock said:

And now the Dark Theme is gone :( 

Correct. We apologize

I apologize for the trouble but the Dark Mode theme is not available at this time.

For some reason, it was causing major trouble for users. The forums are all managed by Invision, the company that created the board software. They are trying to find the problem but at this point we don't have a time table for when Dark Mode will return. With this being by far our busiest month, I would not anticipate a resolution until after the NFL regular season starts.

I know some people hate the default light mode. We're aware of the pain this causes some folks. Please accept our apologies and we'll continue to try and create a positive forum for discussion. 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:11 PM, Tick said:

I am here with a similar comment as well... is there a way to block that with Adblock?  I have not messed with it to much, but it seems like it would feasible. :shrug: