What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New FBG Header Image (1 Viewer)

Mine loos like that on my phone, too, but I can still click on Account, Browse, Activity, and all that.

Like on a laptop, though ... that particular hamburger menu disappears once you scroll up in a forum or thread.
I can click on those too.  But I have 2 notifications that are under that main header at the top and there's no way to access it on mobile.

I'm not sure I understand. That's what it's supposed to look like. 

Are you saying that looks like the forums are gone? 

When you scroll down the page, can you post what it looks like on your laptop?
If you want to quickly go to another forum, you have to scroll all the way up to get that bar to reappear.  

ETA: Well you can actually click on the smaller text "Our Forums" to get access to the other forums, but the big "Forum" button on the bar with "Sta" rolls off as you scroll down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can click on those too.  But I have 2 notifications that are under that main header at the top and there's no way to access it on mobile.
:bag:  You're right -- that's where the @s show up, and where you see the reactions to your posts. I do, then, have the same problem as you on the phone.

I think @Gally got fooled visually because the banner and headers now take up a lot of visual real estate vertically.

Ah ok. But as soon as you scroll down, the headers collapse down to be compact to display the threads, for you right? That's what I'm seeing. 

Here's what it looks like after the most recent changes (PC, Win 10, Chrome).  It seems to have turned the dark theme off (and I can't find where to turn it back on).  The new Footballguys logo is now where it should be, but above it there is a little box that says "sta" and then the twitter update and other things on that bar go away as you scroll down, leaving the new logo as the static bar.

New Look

Dark Mode or Light Mode are still under the "THEME" at the bottom of the page. For some reason, it's calling the Dark Mode "Footballguys 4.6" for now. Apologies for the confusion and we'll see if we can tweak to say Dark Mode.

Ah ok. But as soon as you scroll down, the headers collapse down to be compact to display the threads, for you right? That's what I'm seeing. 
Affirmative to the bolded. However, the loss of function is significant from the various useful items being collapsed (e.g. notifications, PMs, Search bar, User profile, Browse and Activity buttons).

EDIT: For one, I actually do like all those banner items being out of the way while reading a thread ... BUT: it was also nice being able to quick-&-handily click on those things when needed. Maybe there could be a thin part of the 'perma-banner' that can serve as a mouse-over area that would bring back all the useful stuff 'on request'.

@Joe Bryant Place is coming along!

One odd bug I have run into is on my mobile I was signed out during one of these updates.

When I try to sign back in through the Forums I only have the option to sign up as a new user, the sign in button is gone.

Thanks!

I am not sure what you mean by "collapse down".  They don't ever disappear and every time I go to a new forum I have to scroll down 75% of the way to get to the forum, but once I do it looks like the usual forum.   But every time I change to a new forum I have to scroll down 75% of the way to get to the forums again.  

I am not sure what you mean by "collapse down".  They don't ever disappear and every time I go to a new forum I have to scroll down 75% of the way to get to the forum, but once I do it looks like the usual forum.   But every time I change to a new forum I have to scroll down 75% of the way to get to the forums again.  

Yes. By collapse down I mean if you scroll down, they collapse and become much smaller so you can easily view the content. 

I'll link to mine as well (LINK). Running a Dell Inspiron 14 5000, Windows 10 Pro, Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (64-bit).
That is what it looks like once I scroll down.  I just have to scroll down 75% of the scroll bar on the right to get past the other stuff.

Yes. By collapse down I mean if you scroll down, they collapse and become much smaller so you can easily view the content. 
They don't collapse for me.  They stay up and I just have to go down 75% of the scroll bar to get to the forums.  But they work fine once I am there.  

And voila -- the old banner is back :thumbup:

EDIT: Well, they now disappear when scrolling down. Looks like features are being folded back in little by little. Let's see where this goes.

Here's what it looks like after the most recent changes (PC, Win 10, Chrome).  It seems to have turned the dark theme off (and I can't find where to turn it back on).  The new Footballguys logo is now where it should be, but above it there is a little box that says "sta" and then the twitter update and other things on that bar go away as you scroll down, leaving the new logo as the static bar.

New Look

Dark Mode or Light Mode are still under the "THEME" at the bottom of the page. For some reason, it's calling the Dark Mode "Footballguys 4.6" for now. Apologies for the confusion and we'll see if we can tweak to say Dark Mode.
Thanks!  Someone mentioned that earlier, but I was looking for "Theme" in settings as opposed to the bottom of the page.  

FYI, on PC, they've already updated the settings to "Default" which is bright white, or "Dark" so looks like that is fixed.

And voila -- the old banner is back :thumbup:
Yep, me too.  I wonder if it was part of switching to Dark theme?  I tried switching back to default but the old messed up "too big" footballguys logo is now back.

ETA:  The "sta" staging button is also now gone.

ETA:  The "sta" staging button is also now gone.
I had the Free For All open in two tabs when the old banner look was brought back. So I have one tab open with the 'normal' FBG forum look and another with that neato whiz-bang font stuff. Funny to see side-by-side. I guess I can play around with that temporary look for a bit.

They don't collapse for me.  They stay up and I just have to go down 75% of the scroll bar to get to the forums.  But they work fine once I am there.  

If they don't collapse when you scroll down, something is wrong.

When you first load the page. - Should look like this. https://imgur.com/a/WaJ4Ozp

When you scroll down, it should collapse and look like this. https://imgur.com/a/kUa2LRH

Does it not do that for you?

If not, what machine and operating system are you using? 

When you first load the page. - Should look like this. https://imgur.com/a/WaJ4Ozp

When you scroll down, it should collapse and look like this. https://imgur.com/a/kUa2LRH

The royal blue banner above that one (the dark blue) stays in front of the 3 bars. It expands, but then covers access to PMs and the like. It’s always in front. 

Safari

ios whatever (iPhone 11 Pro)

Portrait and Landscape mode 

Huh...since i opened the thread, my problem- same as everybodys- of not being able to access notifications seems to have been fixed. Or maybe my phone from the future did it.

The royal blue banner above that one (the dark blue) stays in front of the 3 bars. It expands, but then covers access to PMs and the like. It’s always in front. 

Safari

ios whatever (iPhone 11 Pro)

Portrait and Landscape mode 
Ok. My screenshots are all on laptop. 

Mobile seems to be another issue unfortunately. We'll try to sort that as soon as possible. Apologies for the trouble. 

Close that tab and re-open FBG forums in a new tab -- see if that works.

Mine didn't look like that but it could be affected by work protections.  Mine appears to have the blue bar expanded to verbiage and not links and it spreads it out for a lot of the screen.  Although when I just came back to the site it now seems to be back how it was only with the big white block letters of FOOTBALLGUYS looking out of place.  I have using Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Edge Browser

Users who are viewing this thread