What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Shark Strategy for PPR Redraft by Draft Positions 1-4 (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
This is a subject I spend time on every preseason - developing my strategy for approaching redraft snake draft format. I find that often my strategy shifts from early/middle/late positions 

Using PPR performance scoring, ,1/2 PaYd, .1/1 Ru/ReYd 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FL, and current ADP, what do you see as the best strategy by position this year? 

Three topics. This one is for picks 1-4. 

1. 1-4, "the perfect draft" first 5 picks (by player or position)

2. 5-8, "the perfect draft" first 5 picks (by player or position)

3. 9-12, "the perfect draft" first 5 picks (by player or position)

Follow-up - does draft position alter your strategy? Would you take a WR1 from anywhere 1-12?  Would you be comfortable going WR-WR from 12 or RB-RB from 1? 

Or do you have different strategies for different draft positions? 

Are there certain spots you're more likely to take an elite TE in the early rounds? 

Seems like CMC is the universal 1.01, and Cook 1.02, so I'd think "Hero RB" would be on order for those two picks at least. 

Anyway, curious as to what the sharks think of 2021 according to at least the most current ADP information. Do you have a strategy yet, or are you still waiting to see where things shake out over the next few weeks? 

If you're feeling bold, please do post your "perfect draft" by player or position for picks 1-5 from each of the 4 positions. 

This topic is for positions 1-4 in a 12 team redraft league

Go! 

:pickle:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these threads, but may be better breaking out individually. Have an ***OFFICIAL*** 1-4, 5-8, 9-12. May be difficult to follow along if it’s all muddled together. 

I love these threads, but may be better breaking out individually. Have an ***OFFICIAL*** 1-4, 5-8, 9-12. May be difficult to follow along if it’s all muddled together. 

Good idea. I'll do that. This one will be 1-4.

1-2 I've had no issues mocking from. 3-4 get a little tricker. 

Some of my best drafts had me taking Diggs at 4, followed by RB-RB, often guys like Chubb or WR/RB when Jefferson makes it to me at 2.09. 

I'm still playing with this one TBH. 

3-4 though....Kamara & Henry are both upside with risks. I'll keep working on it & report results. 

For me I make a combined draft board and use it regardless of which position I am drafting from.  You do yourself a disservice if you go into a draft targeting a certain position for a certain draft pick or a certain round.  That makes you lose all flexibility and will cause you to miss out on value that falls.

That is why it is critical to put your time into really making a combined draft board.  This ensures you don't miss out on value that falls to you unexpectedly.

For me I make a combined draft board and use it regardless of which position I am drafting from.  You do yourself a disservice if you go into a draft targeting a certain position for a certain draft pick or a certain round.  That makes you lose all flexibility and will cause you to miss out on value that falls.

That is why it is critical to put your time into really making a combined draft board.  This ensures you don't miss out on value that falls to you unexpectedly.
don’t know what you mean by a combined draft board, but interested. that said, I think in the early rounds it’s a worthwhile endeavor to understand how adp affects your draft slot. You don’t TYPICALLY see value really fall until at least the fourth. And if it does, it’s a pretty easy adjustment to make on the fly. 

ie - draft cmc with the idea that you really like going wr te  at the turn…but wait, Ridley is still there? I’m in. Now I know to look at TE later. Easy fix. 

regarding the early slots, it’s honestly kind of hard to #### up. Grab your RB1, then take the BPA for the next three rounds. What position you sacrifice basically changes your 6/7 picks. 

you are really in a position to start position runs through most of the draft. 

In these slots (#1-4) I’ve been experimenting with taking Waller in the third. I’ve got a stud RB and a Tier 2, top 7 WR. I like the way they turn out, but I almost always take my QB around Rpund 9 or 10. If I try to get cute to say take a QB3-6, from a roster construction view I just hate my WR3/WR4.

Caveat: full PPR, 3WR + Flex. I’m perfectly content taking guys like ETN or Edmonds as my RB2, an ambiguous backfield RB as my RB3, and a Hines/McKissic type as my RB4. Again, full PPR, just not a big fan of RB/RB or RB/WR/RB starts. I’d rather lock down consistent WR producers and find my RB2 later or bc a lottery ticket hit.

Caveat: full PPR, 3WR + Flex. I’m perfectly content taking guys like ETN or Edmonds as my RB2, an ambiguous backfield RB as my RB3, and a Hines/McKissic type as my RB4. Again, full PPR, just not a big fan of RB/RB or RB/WR/RB starts. I’d rather lock down consistent WR producers and find my RB2 later or bc a lottery ticket hit.

I'm with you on that. 

I’ve also had good mocks taking a TE in the 3rd. I hope ADP on guys like Henderson, Carter, Edmonds & ETN stays relatively consistent, as they’ve been key to getting a RB2/3. 

don’t know what you mean by a combined draft board, but interested. that said, I think in the early rounds it’s a worthwhile endeavor to understand how adp affects your draft slot. You don’t TYPICALLY see value really fall until at least the fourth. And if it does, it’s a pretty easy adjustment to make on the fly. 

ie - draft cmc with the idea that you really like going wr te  at the turn…but wait, Ridley is still there? I’m in. Now I know to look at TE later. Easy fix. 

regarding the early slots, it’s honestly kind of hard to #### up. Grab your RB1, then take the BPA for the next three rounds. What position you sacrifice basically changes your 6/7 picks. 

you are really in a position to start position runs through most of the draft. 

A combined draft board is just how it sounds.  Rather that making lists by position combine all positions into one list ranked against each other.  Then take the guy at the top when it's your turn regardless of position.

This is good for about 5-6 rounds and then you can start filling your roster based on what you have drafted and some needs.  You can stretch it for longer if you have a large enough list.

A combined draft board is just how it sounds.  Rather that making lists by position combine all positions into one list ranked against each other.  Then take the guy at the top when it's your turn regardless of position.

This is good for about 5-6 rounds and then you can start filling your roster based on what you have drafted and some needs.  You can stretch it for longer if you have a large enough list.
so, dodds perfect draft strategy. It’s fine but you need to pay attention to what’s happening around you, too.

Example: you’re in the two spot, and it’s come back to you in round 4.  First position drafted 3RBs to start. Your next best player on your board is an RB, and there is one WR left in your current tier. I’m going WR there. 

This exercise is merely looking at ADP compared to your own rankings to see where things could potentially fall. It’s not secret that rounds 3-5 have some tremendous value at WR. This may affect how you handle rounds 1 and 2. 

for me, I also take into account league tendencies (yoy, one league drafts qb consistently one round earlier than adp, and I keep history of the first four rounds for each of my league mates).  

VBD lists are good, but don’t avoid nuance for the sake of BPA. This is one exercise that allows me to see general trends, which I match up to my leagues. 

so, dodds perfect draft strategy. It’s fine but you need to pay attention to what’s happening around you, too.

Example: you’re in the two spot, and it’s come back to you in round 4.  First position drafted 3RBs to start. Your next best player on your board is an RB, and there is one WR left in your current tier. I’m going WR there. 

This exercise is merely looking at ADP compared to your own rankings to see where things could potentially fall. It’s not secret that rounds 3-5 have some tremendous value at WR. This may affect how you handle rounds 1 and 2. 

for me, I also take into account league tendencies (yoy, one league drafts qb consistently one round earlier than adp, and I keep history of the first four rounds for each of my league mates).  

VBD lists are good, but don’t avoid nuance for the sake of BPA. This is one exercise that allows me to see general trends, which I match up to my leagues. 

Of course there is nuance involved.  That was the bigger point I was trying to make.  Don't force a position because planned to take position x in round y.

Of course there is nuance involved.  That was the bigger point I was trying to make.  Don't force a position because planned to take position x in round y.
Certainly not suggesting anyone do that.

but it’s a fun exercise to see what “the perfect first 5 rounds” from each of the picks 1-12 might look like to different people.

And that’s not to say anyone will adhere to that plan as league-mates reach & value slips & maybe I change plans on the fly.

But ADP is ADP and I’m general we know what groupthink rankings are going to somewhat resemble in-practice at drafts. 

So who are your idea first 5 picks to construct a roster, and does that result in an easier or more difficult rest of the draft? 

This is the 1st year I’m strongly considering a TE in the first 4 rounds, for example. But mocking to even that basic of a concept proves challenging. It forces me to consider alternate strategies to avoid the potential drop-off at other positions. So which position is easiest to replace? Mocking tells me it’s probably QB. I could be among the last to nab a QB & take two in somewhat quick succession. Maybe an upside guy as my RB2 like a Lawrence hoping for the next Herbert. Meanwhile many seem to feel WR is the easiest spot to make up that deficiency. 

Or do I not take one of the big 5 TEs & instead aim to pair up a Higbee/Irv Smith combo & hope one of them breaks out? 

That’s the sort of idea / strategy discussion I’d hoped to get going in here. 

None of that goes against having a master sheet & going VBD, but positional rarity is a thing that exists. And using the same example, if you want a top 5 TE, you’d better be willing to grab them early. And picking 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 might just make that easier or harder if you aren’t targeting them in the rounds they’re typically going. 

This is pretty solid.

I have a few sheets laid out on draft day. I have a rankings list of every player, a Tiers by Position sheet, and an Overall Draft by Tiers (all positions clustered in Tiers.)

The latter is a good prep exercise but I don’t consult it during the draft, it just doesn’t help in the moment. My roster changes obstruction isn’t governed by “well geez I only have 2 RBs but gosh look at all these Tier 7 (combined draft) QBs and WRs sitting there - better go BPA here.”

I cross off players drafted off the Rankings List and put a check next to their names on the Tier by Position list. That’s also happening in the hosting software and I could let Draft Dominator do it automatically for me.

Nothing special about what I’m doing, but it helps me process the draft flow by doing it manually. For someone else that would be tedious and would clutter the mind. Try different ways in mocks and find out what works for you.

I find it helpful to highlight players past #100 ranking. By then it really doesn’t matter, just go get your guys. And if (for example) you want Nico Collins then take him in the 13th even if he’s ranked 250th. I don’t want to search through 200 names looking forward Kenneth Gainwell. You get the idea.

I find it helpful to highlight players past #100 ranking. By then it really doesn’t matter, just go get your guys. And if (for example) you want Nico Collins then take him in the 13th even if he’s ranked 250th. I don’t want to search through 200 names looking forward Kenneth Gainwell. You get the idea.

I think this statement is very underrated and many people don't realize how important this is.  Trusting your research and your gut is very important in the heat of a draft and knowing what end of draft players you really like and are worth reaching for vs ADP is something that can win you some games.  As the draft goes on the idea of value really diminishes for me and I like the demarc of "past #100 ranking" as a solid benchmark.  I usually look at it as double digit round guys so it might be #150 in larger leagues but the message is the same.  At that stage of the draft it is great to reach to get your guy.  

In general I never have an issue with reaching for your guy (Dalvin Cook thread from last year as an example).  Even early in the draft if you have a strong enough conviction and have any feeling that a guy might not make it back I pull the trigger on my guy.  It just makes me happier with my drafts than just missing out on my guy because I waited and thought he would make it back.  The tricky part is knowing your leaguemates and when "reaching" a round or round and a half is necessary and when it's not.  Bottom line it's fun to have your "guys" so make sure that happens.  

Bottom line it's fun to have your "guys" so make sure that happens.  

While I agree with this, the obvious caveat on the flip-side is that you don't want to do this at the expense of greater value. 

It's not fun to have "your guys" and go 3-11. lol 

While I agree with this, the obvious caveat on the flip-side is that you don't want to do this at the expense of greater value. 

It's not fun to have "your guys" and go 3-11. lol 

If you know what you are doing there is no way "your guys" will allow you to go 3-11......hahahahhaa

If you know what you are doing there is no way "your guys" will allow you to go 3-11......hahahahhaa
Oh the tales of broken-hearted disappointment “my guys” have left me with. 💔

Oh how I wished things could have been different with Muscle Hamster, Mike Williams, Devin Singletary, and so so so many others. 😢

Last year “my guys” were Thomas, Julio, Chris Godwin, Carson,  Raheem Mostert,, Cortland Sutton. I think I had Paris Campbell & Jarwin rostered. Like it was a requirement to miss 4 games (minimum) to be on my team.

It was a lot of work to make the playoffs.

I was roped into doing a draft last night for a ten team league and decided to just take players who I wanted on my team.  Technically I drafted at 5, but the league was filled with casual types so I ended up with Cook there, so might as well have been 1-4.  Ended up going -

Cook

Aj brown

Gibson

Godwin

Cooper

Herbert

Michael Carter

Mike Davis

Deebo

Shenault

Irv Smith

Henderson (everyone forgot he was out there)

Stafford

Pollard

Colts d

Dal kicker

Around the Carter picks I realized I could just go rb-rb and still get "my guys" in deebo and Shenault, making that 5-10 round area in the draft perfect for all my "homer" picks.

Welp, after a twelve year drought outside the top six picks, I drew #1. Keep in mind that rosters are fixed in this league (2QB, 3-4RB, 4-5WR, 2TE), but this is how it went down. Overall happy with a bit of risk/reward built in. 

Start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE

CMC

AJB

Waller

DJ Moore

Lamar

ETN

Javonte 

Samuel

Gallup

Pittman

Jonnu

Fitz

Lamar at 5.01 was really the only place I did something “unplanned,” but thought the value was good there (6th QB taken). 

I wanted a 4th back but they were already already thinned out. This is probably my biggest area of risk. Rolling the dice on the rookies and will hunt the WW, which always has a lot of opportunity given the short rosters.  

-jb- said:
Welp, after a twelve year drought outside the top six picks, I drew #1. Keep in mind that rosters are fixed in this league (2QB, 3-4RB, 4-5WR, 2TE), but this is how it went down. Overall happy with a bit of risk/reward built in. 

CMC

AJB

Waller

DJ Moore

Lamar

ETN

Javonte 

Samuel

Gallup

Pittman

Jonnu

Fitz

Lamar at 5.01 was really the only place I did something “unplanned,” but thought the value was good there (6th QB taken). 

I wanted a 4th back but they were already already thinned out. This is probably my biggest area of risk. Rolling the dice on the rookies and will hunt the WW, which always has a lot of opportunity given the short rosters.  
Very solid job. I assume a 12 team league? 

Lamar is a solid value there.  I like the back to back picks of ETN/JaWill. 

lack of RB depth is the price you pay for Waller, but so long as those two provide at least RB2 value you should be ok - keep an eye on the wire of course. you may also be able to deal from WR depth if you feel like you’re in the weeds.

overall I like this build - it looks a LOT like several of my mocks, with The 1st four picks identical in several. 

If you get a decent RB2 out of the late backs I think this dog’ll hunt. 

Very solid job. I assume a 12 team league? 

Lamar is a solid value there.  I like the back to back picks of ETN/JaWill. 

lack of RB depth is the price you pay for Waller, but so long as those two provide at least RB2 value you should be ok - keep an eye on the wire of course. you may also be able to deal from WR depth if you feel like you’re in the weeds.

overall I like this build - it looks a LOT like several of my mocks, with The 1st four picks identical in several. 

If you get a decent RB2 out of the late backs I think this dog’ll hunt. 
Thku. Yes 12 teamer.

Has anyone drafting the in top 2 or 3 been able to start RB, RB, RB, and still field a good team? I'm in a best ball PPR league where we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, and 2 regular flex...too risky to start 3 RBs? I could take CEH as my 3rd RB so its tempting....

Has anyone drafting the in top 2 or 3 been able to start RB, RB, RB, and still field a good team? I'm in a best ball PPR league where we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, and 2 regular flex...too risky to start 3 RBs? I could take CEH as my 3rd RB so its tempting....
I just did a  bestball draft from the #2 spot and started with Cook, CEH, and Mixon. I'm okay with how the team turned out, but there is no bonafide WR1, but you really don't need one in bestball. You just need the WRs to turn in those boom games.  

We went 24 rounds, but my first 12 picks:

Cook

CEH

Mixon

Julio Jones (this was a predraft error on my part, but I'm okay with it; I would have preferred D.J. Moore or Lockett)

Cooper Kupp

Logan Thomas

Tyler Boyd

Jerry Jeudy

Ryan Tannehill

Tyler Higbee

Mike Gesicki 

Mecole Hardman

-jb- said:

CMC

AJB

Waller

DJ Moore

Lamar

ETN

Javonte 

Samuel

Gallup

Pittman

Jonnu

Fitz

Etn javonte 6/7 turn is just, wow

I just did a  bestball draft from the #2 spot and started with Cook, CEH, and Mixon. I'm okay with how the team turned out, but there is no bonafide WR1, but you really don't need one in bestball. You just need the WRs to turn in those boom games.  

We went 24 rounds, but my first 12 picks:

Cook

CEH

Mixon

Julio Jones (this was a predraft error on my part, but I'm okay with it; I would have preferred D.J. Moore or Lockett)

Cooper Kupp

Logan Thomas

Tyler Boyd

Jerry Jeudy

Ryan Tannehill

Tyler Higbee

Mike Gesicki 

Mecole Hardman
Was Waller available at 3.03? 

Bald Bull said:
No, he was taken at 2.06.
I've done a few mocks where I take Waller in the first 3 picks and some where I don't.  The teams I like better are usually the ones where I wait a little more on TE.  Anyone else finding this also?  Drafting from the 3 spot in a 12 team ppr redraft.

I've done a few mocks where I take Waller in the first 3 picks and some where I don't.  The teams I like better are usually the ones where I wait a little more on TE.  Anyone else finding this also?  Drafting from the 3 spot in a 12 team ppr redraft.
First 3 picks or 3 rounds?

It depends of course on how you value the second tier TEs or how comfortable you feel with a Logan Thomas or even an Irv Smith type guy.  If you think these guys are going to produce, then you're going to love your team as you would likely have a WR1 to pick up in round 2 or 3.

It's the same concept if you use your round 2 or 3 pick on a Lamar or Kyler.  You're giving up a top WR or low RB1 if you do that.  But if you believe guys like Javonte Williams will provide for you the same as a Chris Carson, then maybe that advantage of Lamar/Kyler over somebody like a Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady is worth it.

It depends of course on how you value the second tier TEs or how comfortable you feel with a Logan Thomas or even an Irv Smith type guy.  If you think these guys are going to produce, then you're going to love your team as you would likely have a WR1 to pick up in round 2 or 3.

It's the same concept if you use your round 2 or 3 pick on a Lamar or Kyler.  You're giving up a top WR or low RB1 if you do that.  But if you believe guys like Javonte Williams will provide for you the same as a Chris Carson, then maybe that advantage of Lamar/Kyler over somebody like a Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady is worth it.
Thanks.  I have a little more flexibility in my league because we only start qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, k ,d.  We don't have a flex or the extra wr slot that a lot of leagues have.

At 3 I get to lock in a top rb as an anchor for the team.  At the 2/3 turn I should be able to get a top WR and knowing the tendencies of the people drafting at 1 and 2 I think I can get Waller at 3.03 and lock in someone that could challenge Kelce as the top TE.

As always, it's all about picking the right guys. If the RB/WRs you pick later because you went TE or QB early hit, you look like a genius. If they don't, you don't. 

I think this statement is very underrated and many people don't realize how important this is.  Trusting your research and your gut is very important in the heat of a draft and knowing what end of draft players you really like and are worth reaching for vs ADP is something that can win you some games.  As the draft goes on the idea of value really diminishes for me and I like the demarc of "past #100 ranking" as a solid benchmark.  I usually look at it as double digit round guys so it might be #150 in larger leagues but the message is the same.  At that stage of the draft it is great to reach to get your guy.  

Fully agree. I finally figured out this strategy after years of having draft sheets with 160+ names on it. I finally realized that after the Top 100 I always had my first 9 rounds filled out, so now I have ONLY the Top 100 and then a second draft sheet that has all the guys I WANT for the double-digit rounds (rounds 10-13 in my Main League). That way my end-of-draft picks are players with high upside and I don't panic and pick a player from a crowded draft sheet just because that's where he's "ranked".

I just drew the #4 spot in my main League, which really bums me out, because my Top 3 are locked and loaded (CMac, Cook, Kamara) and I have 4-5 guys I could draft at 4, each with something that worries me (Henry - workload; Zeke - fading; Ekeler - injury risk?; Adams - do I want to miss a top RB?). Sigh. I'll prolly spend the next week obsessing and change my mind 10 times lol.

Truebluey said:
I just drew the #4 spot in my main League, which really bums me out, because my Top 3 are locked and loaded (CMac, Cook, Kamara) and I have 4-5 guys I could draft at 4, each with something that worries me (Henry - workload; Zeke - fading; Ekeler - injury risk?; Adams - do I want to miss a top RB?). Sigh. I'll prolly spend the next week obsessing and change my mind 10 times lol.
I faded Henry last year due to workload, and took EE for the reliability. 

Because I am a FF genius. 
:doh:  

I told myself yesterday if I drew 1.04 I’d slap Henry’s sticker up & wouldn’t give it a 2nd thought. mileage be damned. He’s a freak. 

Truebluey said:

That is a tough spot and if I was there I would seriously be looking at Chubb.  No way he comes back and I think he is going to have a huge year (yes even with Hunt there).  It's the same way I felt about Cook last year.  

Also, as you said everyone has some concern so pick your poison.  If I really wanted an RB I take Chubb if not I take Adams

Picking 1.01 I went CMC -> Ridley -> Mixon -> DJ Moore -> Pitts -> Henderson -> Higgins -> JaWill -> Stafford 

then just took players I liked when they fell to me. Deepest, best team I’ve had in a while. 

I was very fortunate to have that value slide to 2.12/3.01, but I would have been thrilled to take CEH/Waller or Keenan Allen/BPA RB or any other combo that fell to me.

1.01 is great, but with 22 picks between picks, it’s easy to screw it up. I went in with a plan for 1.01, followed it & at the same time I let the draft come to me. 

We’ll see if I feel this good about it in 6-8 weeks. ;)  

I faded Henry last year due to workload, and took EE for the reliability. 

Because I am a FF genius. 
:doh:  

I told myself yesterday if I drew 1.04 I’d slap Henry’s sticker up & wouldn’t give it a 2nd thought. mileage be damned. He’s a freak. 

Yep, same here, I could have drafted Henry and instead I got starry-eyes and took CEH. I cried all year.

Now I have myself convinced that after passing on Henry last year, I'll take him this year and he'll hit a wall or an injury. Reminds me of the year I took Shaun Alexander at the #2 spot and he plummeted off a cliff.

My first year of fantasy football was 2006 and I had the #1 pick. Was debating between Shaun Alexander and LaDainian Tomlinson. I chose poorly 😝

After picking #10 earlier in the week, I found out I'm going to be picking #3 tomorrow (Thursday) night. 0.5 PPR, and only need to start 2 WRs (with 1 R/W/T flex). I'm hoping the different draft spot will result in a different mix of players. I'm pretty much decided on Kamara at #3 (unless CMC or Cook drop ... which isn't out of the realm of possibility since there are more casual players and they may pass on those two because of last season's injuries). Anyway, starting off with a stud RB for sure.

I haven't seen much more chatter here about how drafting from around this spot has gone. Maybe because it's straight-forward starting RB and then just go with the flow with who's left on the board when your turn comes up. In my other league, I love how the guy picking #3 was able to start: 3 potentially huge RBs (Cook, Mixon, CEH), then went WR (Lockett, Diontae, Higgins), then got the TE and QB late (Logan Thomas and Hurts).

Looking at rankings and ESPN's default order, at the 2nd and 3rd round picks seem likely to have more strong WRs (like Brown, Jefferson, McLaurin, Evans, Lamb, ARobIII) than RBs (CEH seems to be the only one that naturally shows up here ... others would be if they dropped or I make a reach). And of course there's Waller and Kittle ... the former will be very tempting. Maybe the last chance to pick Mahomes, but I know I'm not doing that.

4th and 5th round seem like a range of players at different positions are likely to be on the board: WR (Aiyuk, Cupp, Golladay, OBJ), RB (Swift, Edmonds, Jav Williams, Harris, Hunt, Edwards), or QB (Allen, Murray).

At the 4-5 are people taking te and/or top 6 we or just loading up at rb/wr?
Depends on who you got 123.

I felt like I got two really good values at the two and three in Mixon in Ridley. Gave me a little bit of confidence to take pets at 4.12/5:01 along with DJ Moore.

your results may vary. If you’re not feeling a strong at running back and wide receiver by the time you get there, you might well want to take a wide receiver or running back… Especially if the value dictates it.

If there was better value at running back than at tight end, I would have had no problem waiting on a tight end and taking Thomas after the big six went off the board. 

Users who are viewing this thread