What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Census - 8.23.21 - How Old Are You? (1 Viewer)

How old are you? 

• Total voters
I ask as I asked the folks on our mailing list the other day about what they loved about Fantasy Football and a ton of them told me they'd been playing for 30+ years and it had me thinking. 

The Frankman is still writing about games/sports/technology and reviewing crap he doesn't fully understand at 41.

EDIT: Had to clear that up a bit lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the original polio vaccine. Went to Ebbets Field. Saw Maris hit #49. Saw Led Zeppelin for $3. I think Rutgers tuition was $250 a semester. Saw Ruby shoot Oswald on live TV. Ate the brown acid.

Now get off my lawn punks.

I envy the bolded. 

Also the school tuition part, but you did have to bring your own stone tablets & chisel, so there's some hidden costs there. ;)  

In order to reveal my age I will give a riddle for those that peruse the SP's various threads.  I started playing FF when I was 13......

In order to reveal my age I will give a riddle for those that peruse the SP's various threads.  I started playing FF when I was 13......
One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..

In other TikTok relevance, Ke$ha’s hit “Tik Tok” was a number one hit in 2009, back when I was thirty-six. I kicked Dr. Luke off of my lawn. 

Joe needs to get on the TikTokkers. 

Old rockers hate TikTokkers. Clash City Rockers wear Sandinista t-shirts. 

Started a similar thread many years ago after my younger brother told me that season-long fantasy football and message boards were my generation (X), not his (M). ####er was right.

55. I started here when FBGs first started. I forgot the original name but was a low “double digit” member.

Users who are viewing this thread