What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Leagues Are You In? (1 Viewer)

How many leagues are you in?

Votes: 19 21.1%

Votes: 21 23.3%

Votes: 7 7.8%

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 34 37.8%

• Total voters

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
I’m just generally curious as to how many leagues everyone is in.

At one point I was in 5+: 3 friends leagues, a work league, and a few public leagues. Just due to general lack of time to manage, I’m down to just my one league that I’ve been in for 25 years now.

I think the pool would be too unwieldy, but it would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between age and number of leagues (or younger guys in more or less leagues).

i have my old super league that is 40 years old
a short bench redraft
a short bench dynasty
a long bench dynasty
an auction

13 dynasty
6 redraft

I guess you could count 7 underdog leagues too. :bag:

You are in one of those situations where you can't root for any individual player because while they will help you win in one league inevitably they will help you lose in another :)

Uno - my long-time redraft. I got rid of everything else years ago. It was too much and I just got fried.

In 2 now - first time in my over 20 years of doing this that I've done more than one. My main is a deep keeper and the new one is a father-son redraft, so I like the diversity in leagues and the opportunity to play with my boys.

13 dynasty
6 redraft

You are in one of those situations where you can't root for any individual player because while they will help you win in one league inevitably they will help you lose in another :)
I remember some 25+ years ago when I used to write down what players I had vs going against that weekend, once I started getting in double digit leagues that stopped real quick :lmao: Now I usually don't even look at the "Scores" until Monday and just enjoy watching the games.

This is precisely why I can't do multiple leagues. I don't want to have to think which guys help/hurt me and in what league. Just want to have my small group of guys that I pull for.

1 Best Ball with some weekly roster management

A bunch of Draft & Go's that I'll probably check 3 months from now.

Probably done with the days of sitting around waiting for injury news/setting lineups. Just became too time consuming and not fun.

1 Best Ball with some weekly roster management

A bunch of Draft & Go's that I'll probably check 3 months from now.

Probably done with the days of sitting around waiting for injury news/setting lineups. Just became too time consuming and not fun.
Man I wish I could convert my 7 oldest dynasty leagues into best ball. That format is just a million times better.

Man I wish I could convert my 7 oldest dynasty leagues into best ball. That format is just a million times better.
Interesting - my main longtime keeper league despises best ball. Takes away much of the analysis/agony of setting a weekly lineup.

can proudly say 2. keeper and dynasty.

wouldnt mind a redraft, but will only play w ppl i know... no exceptions anymore.

9 dynasty
26 redraft
22 BB leagues

33 of those 34 non-BB leagues have blind bid waivers that have the initial run on Wednesday and the second waiver run on Sunday morning. The second run is fairly easy but that first run is were I feel the real impact and question my decison to do so many leagues. It's a lot of work and other then the actual drafts the major part of fantasy that does in fact interfere with my life because I need a 4-5 hour block of time. Whoever coined the phrase about finding a job you love and you'll never work a day again in your life never had to sit down and do 33 blind bid waiver leagues every Wednesday for a few months.

9 dynasty
26 redraft
22 BB leagues

33 of those 34 non-BB leagues have blind bid waivers that have the initial run on Wednesday and the second waiver run on Sunday morning. The second run is fairly easy but that first run is were I feel the real impact and question my decison to do so many leagues. It's a lot of work and other then the actual drafts the major part of fantasy that does in fact interfere with my life because I need a 4-5 hour block of time. Whoever coined the phrase about finding a job you love and you'll never work a day again in your life never had to sit down and do 33 blind bid waiver leagues every Wednesday for a few months.
Uh. My goodness

I was in four back in the day. Stopped playing in 2020, but came back to play one league with ex co-workers for the past 2 years.

Interesting - my main longtime keeper league despises best ball. Takes away much of the analysis/agony of setting a weekly lineup.
I really wouldn't like playing where you don't have to make weekly lineup decisions. That is really the reason to play. If it's just a set it and forget it then all the fun is gone right after the draft. Nothing to do.

In the following:

• Original 14 team Redraft League - Started in 1985
  • Salary Cap, Full IDP Dynasty League - Started in 2005
  • Father/Son League I started when my son was 10 - been going for 8 years
  • 10 Team Redraft league my buddy asked me to fill a spot - been in it for 2 years
  • 12 Team Redraft league that lost someone last minute so by buddy asked for to fill a spot - first year in it.
  • Zealots Dynasty, Full IDP - been in for 3 years

9 dynasty
26 redraft
22 BB leagues

Reminds me of that kid Mikey from the old Life cereal commercials.

This is precisely why I can't do multiple leagues. I don't want to have to think which guys help/hurt me and in what league. Just want to have my small group of guys that I pull for.

This is precisely why I LIKE being in 5 leagues…I can just watch the games again and enjoy them much more and worry about checking my league scores right before SNF. No more hovering over each league’s scoreboard all day. FBG 5 Second Primer made me realize I could stay on top of 5 leagues just fine.

my 5 leagues:
1 28 year old redraft league
1 redraft auction
2 FFPC 1QB dynasty leagues
1 ~20 year old, short bench, keep 13 dynasty league

Not counting the "Subscriber Contest" or the Anarchy "Best Ball" format ... draft and forget it ... really down to 1 league.
Was in 4 for a while .. but hated cheering for and against the same specific players depending which league was doing well...
Most time consuming league was a few years ago ... Contract, IDP 16 Team league took too much effort to do anything else..
For a hobby intended to be a fun distraction ... I moved on to a better single dynasty 12 team league.

This is precisely why I LIKE being in 5 leagues…I can just watch the games again and enjoy them much more and worry about checking my league scores right before SNF
Not everyone gets here.

I had a point when I was checking scores after each score, and counting down a player's yardage late in games (I need Jefferson to NOT get 73 yards!!) and at one point I realized Sunday football wasn't as much fun.

I doubled down on Sunday football friends and food and drink and smoke, and focus on why I started loving football Sundays in the first place.

Overdoing a good thing is easy for us to do, and overdoing fantasy is fun in June, but I really don't like it in October.

Funny part is, the people staring at screens miss all the football. They have become the people who go to Super Bowl parties, and wait for the commercials to come on

9 dynasty
26 redraft
22 BB leagues

It is a lot of work to get waivers done for sure. I'm more excited about it this year than ever before though.

2. One work redraft and one with friends.

No idea how anyone does more than 3. You're basically rooting for/against almost everyone at that point

I guess it's because I treat FF as a social/competition thing rather than a money making venture. Just in it for the trash talk and comradarie. If I make a few bucks, great

Three

Main league - 10 team superflex PPR - same guys since 2007, been doing it since 1999
Work league - 12 team PPR, second season
Auction keeper league - 10 team superflex PPR, keep 4-8, values increase 10% a year minimum $2 increase. Fun league

No idea how anyone does more than 3. You're basically rooting for/against almost everyone at that point
I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I like having a lot of leagues and not knowing exactly where I stand in each one. I tend to watch the games as a regular NFL fan as opposed to watching one player than I have/or play against. That's what I did when I had 5 leagues at one time.

I would watch the games, check the scores after each game and see what's happening. WIth 5+ leagues, there is way too much overlap to keep track, so I don't until I check the scores later.

Years ago I said I'd never do more than 2: my mainstay 20 year old league and one additional that is usually less serious (because someone is always looking for a +1 to round out a new league whether it's work, other friend groups, wife/husband league, some wacky scoring experiment, etc).

I can not fathom how people do more than 3 leagues let alone 5++++. For me that would take the fun out of it (who do you root for? Everyone?), but to each their own.

13 dynasty
6 redraft

This is a prime reason why I am in only one league and have never been in any other. I want my guys to be my guys. I don't want to have a 43% guy, a 14% guy, a 25% guy, a 27% guy, an 8% guy .... All my guys are my 100% guys.

Years ago I said I'd never do more than 2: my mainstay 20 year old league and one additional that is usually less serious (because someone is always looking for a +1 to round out a new league whether it's work, other friend groups, wife/husband league, some wacky scoring experiment, etc).

I can not fathom how people do more than 3 leagues let alone 5++++. For me that would take the fun out of it (who do you root for? Everyone?), but to each their own.
I'm in 8, and frankly having that many leagues allows me to watch the games and think of developments more in the aggregate as my goal is to cash in like 5 of them or whatever.

Regarding individual players, having their stocks spread so much around actually is less stressful than the highs and lows of watching just a relatively small subset of players per week. That said, it's still very common for me to have a few players each year I have lots of shares of* and it's also quite common for their to be individual players to closely watch in the Monday night game.

*This year, with 7 of my 8 leagues drafted, I'm ending up with lots of shares of Kelce, Kupp, Jonathan Taylor, and Anthony Richardson. So I'll be watching them pretty closely as "my guys."

I’ll be honest, I did not anticipate that I should have spread out the options a bit more and the need to have a 50+ option…

Cut out high stakes and the FBG leagues this year, so down to 4.

As far as watching and tracking games, I pay attention and root for the players on my main, local league while I watch. Check my other leagues after the Sunday games. Of course I check the injury reports before each set of games and make any changes needed if someone is a surprise out

5 dynasty, 7 FFPC and 1 home league.

I watch football all day and don’t check FF scores until the Sunday night game starts and sometimes not until the next day.

I'm in 8, and frankly having that many leagues allows me to watch the games and think of developments more in the aggregate as my goal is to cash in like 5 of them or whatever.

Regarding individual players, having their stocks spread so much around actually is less stressful than the highs and lows of watching just a relatively small subset of players per week. That said, it's still very common for me to have a few players each year I have lots of shares of* and it's also quite common for their to be individual players to closely watch in the Monday night game.

*This year, with 7 of my 8 leagues drafted, I'm ending up with lots of shares of Kelce, Kupp, Jonathan Taylor, and Anthony Richardson. So I'll be watching them pretty closely as "my guys."
:ninja:

4 dynasty
2 redraft
1 best ball

I want to do more best balls since drafts are fun and so I don't have to manage in-season

Have been in the same three for 20+ years. 2x start 2 qb dynasty and 1x 7 player keeper w/ contacts and devys.

Last year got asked to join a superflex (no Def or K) and liked the challenge of the dispersal draft and rebuilding a crap team.

This year, one of the guys from my 7 player keeper home league asked me to join his redraft. Hadn't done a full draft in awhile so I agreed.

3 to 5 leagues just like that....

I'm in 4 leagues for the 2nd year in a row, and have no desire to be in more than this.
  • 12 team SF redraft (oldest league)
  • 14 team 1QB redraft with IDP (most competitive)
  • 12 team SF dynasty (newest league)
  • 12 team 1QB dynasty (biggest buy-in)

I watch football all day and don’t check FF scores until the Sunday night game starts and sometimes not until the next day.
Pretty similar. I will generally check scores for the first time before the SNF game but sometimes not till after.

I'm usually pleasantly surprised tbh, guess I never think it's going as well as it's going or as bad as I think.

:ninja:
Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread