What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can your SO answer a yes/no question in one word? (1 Viewer)

Mine sometimes doesn't even actually answer the question
Sometimes she's able to do it. Other times it'll turn into a long, rambling monologue about stuff that happened years ago that has no relevance to the question and by the time she's done, I'm just sitting there wondering why I even bother when there's usually no way it's not going to go like most times when a simple answer would suffice.

In other words, I would say it depends.

These are the answers that remind me that unmarried life was best. Oh, mind you, I had girlfriends when I was younger but then realized that if I'd annoyed them that much in the span of actual weeks hanging out together, imagine every moment.

And then lying about it when I would have to say I couldn't imagine it any differently.

We were not made monogamous. Sure, it's comfort in dying and I'll regret it when I do, but other than that, no thanks.

My wife couldn't give a one word to answer to the question/ask.... can you just say one word and only one word and nothing else?

Yes. 

My wife is very quiet - she moved to Canada as a young girl and was self-conscious about her accent, so she just naturally became introverted, even though she is very smart and well spoken when she does have something to say/when she's comfortable (and she doesn't have the accent anymore). 

I'm the one who is probably way too long winded :bag:

the only time my spouse answers with a yes or a no is when multiple questions are asked at once making her one word answer  ambiguous. Knot hole. 

Sometimes she's able to do it. Other times it'll turn into a long, rambling monologue about stuff that happened years ago that has no relevance to the question and by the time she's done, I'm just sitting there wondering why I even bother when there's usually no way it's not going to go like most times when a simple answer would suffice.

In other words, I would say it depends.

No. 

FYP. 

ETA -  :doh:  Very well done gianmarco

ETA - didnt we used to have an emoji that had the "whoosh" or joke went over my head? i couldnt find it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brenda asked me the same thing last night when we went out. OMG. Then we started chatting about charter schools and how they are ruining state funding. I mean, the 3rd week of school these places get rid of special needs kids because they "can't handle it" but then they get the funding and now my school has to take on the burden. Oh wait, did you know their oldest is now in tackle football? He's only 7. I'm not sure about that with CTE and all that. By the way Charlie put a bucket on his head and ran straight into the wall. It was so funny. He took a nap afterwards which was nice so I could watch the final episode of Real Housewives of Kenosha. Yeah it's a guilty pleasure, like ice cream *nom nom nom there goes a pint of Americone Dream*. I need to drink more water because I feel sluggish during the day. Can you change the lightbulb in the bathroom and maybe get on the roof? There's a few twigs up there from the 1/4" of rain we got last night. Wait, twitter is more important than me? I was totally going to have sex with you tonight. 

OQ - Do you want a salad with dinner?

Should have been a poll:

* Yes

* No, they go on and on about all sorts of irrelevant things like that time at uncle Jimmy's house when we were all laughing so hard that green tea actually shot out of aunt Millie's nose and then Johnny threw up on Mildred after eating too much ice cream and what was the question again?

Should have been a poll:

* Yes

* No, they go on and on about all sorts of irrelevant things like that time at uncle Jimmy's house when we were all laughing so hard that green tea actually shot out of aunt Millie's nose and then Johnny threw up on Mildred after eating too much ice cream and what was the question again?
This is so true that it’s painful

I even get the reverse.

Her: On your way home from golf, can you  pick up dinner?

Me: Ok 

Her: I was figuring you will be done around 3, so I thought you could get dinner, since you are out and it's on the way home.  If not we can figure out something else, maybe I will cook, but I don't really feel like cooking.  So maybe I'll pick up dinner if I get, time but it would help if you did?

Me: Ok 

Her: more ramblings

Me: I already said I'd pick up dinner, 

Her: you don't have to be so rude!!;;;

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread