What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

Feels like a big TE week for those of us scrounging. 

Freiermuth already mentioned.

Dawson Knox continues to dominate snaps for Buffalo and gets red zone opportunities. He’s fairly new to the position, and he’s catching everything this year (maybe the hand/eye coordination coach actually helped).

Dan Arnold probably has more appeal in Jacksonville replacing the pass-catching TE role that got 8 targets week 1. Per The Athletic, the Jags insisted on Arnold. I’m guessing Carolina tried to trade Ian Thomas in the deal, and the Jags declined. 

And finally, Tommy Tremble is left behind in Carolina to inherit a larger role. They’ve been splitting the job among three or four guys to date, but Rhule has already called Tremble “this year’s Jeremy Chinn.” He just took on more snaps last week, blocks like a fiend, and has some serious athleticism. 

You think Harris will carry the whole load plus receptions or you think the WR/TE's will be involved more?
I would think it has to be Taylor or Rhamondre. Whichever one can pass pro. They don’t want Brandon Bolden playing 40 snaps a game. 

Dawson Knox continues to dominate snaps for Buffalo and gets red zone opportunities. He’s fairly new to the position, and he’s catching everything this year (maybe the hand/eye coordination coach actually helped).

Dan Arnold probably has more appeal in Jacksonville replacing the pass-catching TE role that got 8 targets week 1. Per The Athletic, the Jags insisted on Arnold. I’m guessing Carolina tried to trade Ian Thomas in the deal, and the Jags declined. 

And finally, Tommy Tremble is left behind in Carolina to inherit a larger role. They’ve been splitting the job among three or four guys to date, but Rhule has already called Tremble “this year’s Jeremy Chinn.” He just took on more snaps last week, blocks like a fiend, and has some serious athleticism. 
And you didn't even mention the #1 TE of the week. Tyler Conklin

I would think it has to be Taylor or Rhamondre. Whichever one can pass pro. They don’t want Brandon Bolden playing 40 snaps a game. 

Why would Bolden play 40 snaps if Harris is carrying the load with a sprinkling of the others (I guess Stevenson will be active with White out, but I'm not running to the waiver wire in either a redraft or keeper league).

Why would Bolden play 40 snaps if Harris is carrying the load with a sprinkling of the others (I guess Stevenson will be active with White out, but I'm not running to the waiver wire in either a redraft or keeper league).
Well Bolden played 25 second half snaps yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You think Harris will carry the whole load plus receptions or you think the WR/TE's will be involved more?
I mean, I suppose there will literally be a replacement in the sense that a RB will be on the field on passing downs. I just don't think any of them will be fantasy relevant. 

Gesicki was 10 for 86 on 12 targets. Miami has some good games coming up: IND, TB, JAX, ATL, BUF, HOU, BAL, NYJ. 

This was a great throw and catch, Brissett to Gesicki: Can't-Miss Play: Gesicki snags Brissett's fourth-and-20 laser for CLUTCH conversion

Not sure who I will target this week but I'm definitely kicking the WFT defense to the curb.
Obviously all wires are different but these look to be the best options my wire.

Bears v Detroit

Cinci v Jac (Thu)

GB v Pitt

Ten @ NYJ

Mia v Ind

Jamaal Williams if not already rostered.

C. Kirk if not rostered ( he's available in my 10 team league)

Who is the backup QB in NE? might be time to bench Mac soon.

Obviously all wires are different but these look to be the best options my wire.

Bears v Detroit

Cinci v Jac (Thu)

GB v Pitt

Ten @ NYJ

Mia v Ind

Yeah, Bungles are available in both my leagues, cannot beat a bit of Jaguars on short week. Pre-emptively grabbed Tennessee in one league so will stick with them but dumping Baltimore in the other

Depending on your league settings and how desperate you are, DEMETRIC FELTON.  Listed as an RB at MFL and has been great in both the return game and also some receiving in the absence of Landry.

Wasn't Evans the backup before he got hurt? Not sure how it would play out if Henry missed time.
Honestly I have no idea.

I am more interested about how much production can be expected from a Henry replacement.

Maybe flex starter?

Is he worth the first slot in the WW?
:shrug:

Gotta find a trade partner first.  Not sure where is a great landing spot off the top of my head.  I think a lot of people were excited when Baltimore signed Latavius but that has been a whole lot of nothing so far.

FWIW I picked him up to replace an injured James White

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking this is the last week to get Jeff Wilson cheap before the hype of his return takes off. I put in a low bid hoping others think they can just sneak him through for free. 

I was looking at both Chicago & Cinn Def as a target. 
Picked up Cinn myself and someone else took Tennessee.

Green Bay is on our wire and I am loving their matchup at home v Pitt.  I think the Steelers may be officially done this year.  Big Ben may retire by week six.

Put in a claim for Tennessee defense.

I was looking at both Chicago & Cinn Def as a target. 

Picked up Cinn myself and someone else took Tennessee.

Green Bay is on our wire and I am loving their matchup at home v Pitt.  I think the Steelers may be officially done this year.  Big Ben may retire by week six.

All of TEN, CIN, & CHI are available in my league and somehow so is BUF... typically DST's aren't worth much FAAB, but I'm debating spending a few $ (out of $200) for them for the  great matchup this week/ rest of season (aside from KC next week & then a bye in week 7).

All of TEN, CIN, & CHI are available in my league and somehow so is BUF... typically DST's aren't worth much FAAB, but I'm debating spending a few $ (out of $200) for them for the  great matchup this week/ rest of season (aside from KC next week & then a bye in week 7).
I love Buffalo this week. I would have grabbed them over Cinn if they were available in my league.

But all of them look like good options.

I'm thinking this is the last week to get Jeff Wilson cheap before the hype of his return takes off. I put in a low bid hoping others think they can just sneak him through for free. 
I might have to drop him from one of my IR spots so I can slide in CMC.  I also have Rashod Bateman and Jerry Jeudy (3 spots total).  I think Bateman is likely to come off IR sooner than Wilson, and I really like Jeudy so don't want to drop him.  Even once he's healthy Wilson will be subject to shenanigans so might not be a consistent producer.  

Hopefully he'll sit on the WW until CMC gets healthy and I can snag him back.

How much FAAB are y'all throwing at Chuba?
I went just under 20% in the one league where he was available and he went for 50%. Don't know if that was to the CMC owner or not

Nothing overly crazy after that. My sabotage drop of Viska on Sunday saw him get picked up for 3%

Anyone here worth taking over Jared Cook?   Shultz is there too, looking at Knox but I feel like we've been down this road with him before....

Snagged Bateman and tossed him on IR with late waiver. Lamar could use some more help getting that ball downfield if the running game isn't going to materialize. Dude HAS to get tired and beat up at some point and resort to passing, right?

Anyone follow Baltimore closely to know who Bateman "comps" to? Could he be CeeDee-ish? Or Hill-ish? Unsure of his game.

Dalton Schultz? Targets seem to be there. yards might not be.

And you didn't even mention the #1 TE of the week. Tyler Conklin
Anyone have any strong opinions on any of these guys?  

Yes, this is my life.

Users who are viewing this thread