What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (2 Viewers)

@Joe Bryant Are you open to pinning a weekly waiver wire thread like we do for weekly injuries?  Although I might be in the minority here, I find the weekly injury and waiver threads to be extremely helpful since my football time is far more limited than in years past.

By the way, I appreciate the way you handled the injury thread discussion...listening to all feedback and being open to the suggestions of our awesome forum members.

I would say Moore will be #2 after Hopkins, but right now it's a crapshoot, but I think that Moore could be a league winner later in the year.  

Absolutely burn the 3/10 waiver for Moore.
My best guess is that Kirk and Moore trade off fantasy usefulness throughout the year, kinda like what we saw in the first two weeks. Moore is more talented and has a higher ceiling, whereas we pretty much know what Kirk is at this point. And that AZ offense appears potent enough to support multiple weapons. I just don't see a scenario where they have a locked-in WR1 stud and also two other guys who are consistently reliable starters.

Anyway, I have Kirk in one league and Moore in another because I just want as many pieces of that offense as I can get.

I'd love to see them exclude public leagues where there are just two people logging in after week three and someone is still starting JK Dobbins to get a more useful number
My understanding is that this is exactly how it works. It's not like Yahoo just says, "We have 1M total leagues registered and Moore is owned in 340K of them." Instead they have a representative sample that includes only active leagues.

My understanding is that this is exactly how it works. It's not like Yahoo just says, "We have 1M total leagues registered and Moore is owned in 340K of them." Instead they have a representative sample that includes only active leagues.

Hmm, if that is accurate and the percentage start figure is worked out the same way so it is only looking at active leagues, then 9% of Lamar owners either spewed early and often on QB or otherwise got extremely spooked by the Raiders game

Hmm, if that is accurate and the percentage start figure is worked out the same way so it is only looking at active leagues, then 9% of Lamar owners either spewed early and often on QB or otherwise got extremely spooked by the Raiders game
In a country where 11% of the population believes that Elvis is still alive, anything is possible.

I don't know specifically that Yahoo does it that way, but I remember when I used to listen to the ESPN Fantasy Focus podcast they explained once that was how it worked there. I would be surprised if Yahoo wasn't doing the same thing.

League winner? Why do you think this?
He's electric with the ball, he could easily be a WR2 at the end of the year and go off on huge weeks to help you win.   Also, the AZ passing pie will be quite big.   

I did say "could", I certainly understand that it's not guaranteed.  But you have to take chances on the WW with upside, and the upside is clearly here.

@Joe Bryant Are you open to pinning a weekly waiver wire thread like we do for weekly injuries?  Although I might be in the minority here, I find the weekly injury and waiver threads to be extremely helpful since my football time is far more limited than in years past.

By the way, I appreciate the way you handled the injury thread discussion...listening to all feedback and being open to the suggestions of our awesome forum members.

Thanks. Im open to whatever you folks find most useful for pinned threads.

I can pin this one. 

Kirk is the big play guy, Moore is the screen guy. Both should be rostered.
great post. both decent ceiling low (or zero) floor guys dependent on game script. i dunno about league winners because i don't think either will be consistent week to week, but moore certainly looks the part through two weeks thusfar.

He's electric with the ball, he could easily be a WR2 at the end of the year and go off on huge weeks to help you win.   Also, the AZ passing pie will be quite big.   

I did say "could", I certainly understand that it's not guaranteed.  But you have to take chances on the WW with upside, and the upside is clearly here.
Thank you. Right now it's a toss up between Moore and Tony Pollard for me.

I'd love to see them exclude public leagues where there are just two people logging in after week three and someone is still starting JK Dobbins to get a more useful number
I play in 2 redrafts with friends, we’ve played together for a long time. People that take the game seriously. 
 We use yahoo for both.

He’s available in one

Jacques Patrick is interesting. Gonna add him for free in the morning and see what happens. Since he was signed off a practice squad he's on the 53 man roster for three weeks. He has 15lbs and 2 inches on any other back on the roster. Maybe shanahan is tired of his tiny guys getting hurt and wants a big boi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacques Patrick is interesting. Gonna add him for free in the morning and see what happens. Since he was signed off a practice squad he's on the 53 man roster for three weeks. He has 15lbs and 2 inches on any other back on the roster. Maybe shanahan is tired of his tiny guys getting hurt and wants a big boi.
SF is somewhat like BAL. Anyone u plug in does well. Is Gus Edwards a 5ypc back anywhere else? Jeff Wilson with a 180 yard game last year. Breida was great in SF, but failed in Miami. I guess Patrick can play special teams, I think he'll be used in short yardage, maybe GL. I think Mitchell plays, but if he gets hurt, who knows. 

For those in CBS leagues, how does the Cordarelle thing work? He’s listed as both a WR and RB, but if you pick him up as a RB, do you need to play him as such or can you put him in either spot?

For those in CBS leagues, how does the Cordarelle thing work? He’s listed as both a WR and RB, but if you pick him up as a RB, do you need to play him as such or can you put him in either spot?
He’s listed as both at yahoo. You can play him at either.

How do you “pick him up at rb”?

Relative lack of waiver bidding in my leagues, was able to get everyone I wanted where I was mostly just price enforcing. Someone went a little silly for Carter but that's about it

Hes only listed as WR in my CBS league

Surprised to get both Pollard AND Moore. Maybe I am overestimating their value in burning my 2/10 waiver...but still glad to get them. Dumped Tony Jones and Shenault.

I'm intrigued by Bloom's take on Taysom Hill as a preemptive pickup. Some big time fantasy upside with Hill's rushing ability, as we've seen. And as Bloom pointed out, it's not going to be easy against the Pats this weekend, which may pull  the leash tighter on Winston as the starter.

100%. Couldn't be a worse followup game for Winston than New England. 

Daniel Jones and David Carr both look like possible top 10 QBs this year.

Jones has tons of weapons, no running game, and gets rushing yards himself. Plus they play ATL this week. I picked him up to backup Josh Allen just in case the Allen decline is for real.

Carr has always been am underrated QB but never put up huge TD numbers. It's going to be harder for him to reach top 10 without the rushing yardage upside but if Edwards and Ruggs continue to emerge he can finish as a QB1.

From Rotoworld: Kyle Shanahan said he is hoping for RB Jeff Wilson (meniscus surgery) to return in November but noted it could be slightly earlier or later than that.

I'm going to try to pick him up and stash him on IR until he returns. Could come in handy come playoff time. 
Poor form for leagues to allow IR players to be picked up and stashed IMO.

Surprised to get both Pollard AND Moore. Maybe I am overestimating their value in burning my 2/10 waiver...but still glad to get them. Dumped Tony Jones and Shenault.
Like you I dumped Shenault for Pollard even though FBG lineup dominator still loves Shenault. They also love Conner, who I'm not touching. Go figure. 

Like you I dumped Shenault for Pollard even though FBG lineup dominator still loves Shenault. They also love Conner, who I'm not touching. Go figure. 

We still have faith in Shenault and have him close to Pollard in the Rest Of Season Projections https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&dproj=996&viewpos=all&week=3&profile=p.    Huge difference of course with RB/WR but bigger is a different strategy play. Pollard has the higher ceiling for sure. 

We have Edmonds as RB19 and Conner at RB 42. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&dproj=996&viewpos=rb&week=3&profile=p

My leagues allow it but you have to drop an active roster player to get them, before moving to IR, which then exposes the dropped player to waivers. So it's not a 100% free pickup.

Jax just seems to be a dumpster fire right now. I have Chark too and he isn't doing squat either. What was I thinking relying on a rookie QB for two knuckleheads? :)

Cowboysfan8 said:
He’s listed as both at yahoo. You can play him at either.

How do you “pick him up at rb”?
when you go through the waiver wire, he appears as whatever you click on. It doesn’t read as RB/WR. Regardless, I still pulled the trigger and he does indeed work in either position. 

-jb- said:
They should just start calling him Cordarelle "Flex" Patterson. 

Fields might bring out the best in him. I already have him on my bench.
I'd argue the opposite. Historically, rookie QBs don't support more than one fantasy-relevant pass catcher, and he's unlikely to become Chicago's WR1 without an injury. 

ETA: I'm not saying he had a ton of value with Dalton and now Fields tanked it. I'm out on the non A-Rob Chicago passing game, regardless of QB. I just don't think Fields enhances his value at all.

heckmanm said:
cap'n grunge said:
My leagues allow it but you have to drop an active roster player to get them, before moving to IR, which then exposes the dropped player to waivers. So it's not a 100% free pickup.

exactly - thee is a cost to it. you can’t put a claim for someone you drop, have to wait for them to clear waivers.

I was switching out my streaming DSTs and noticed McFarland was on the wire (I have Najee.) so I dropped the DST for McFarland, moved him from active to IR, then picked up the new DST.

did the same thing preseason when someone dropped Bateman. so both my IR spots were drafted by another team. I also don’t have flexibility if one of my active guys get hurt as we only have two IR spots (kind of standard.)

guess Im not seeing why it’s poor form to allow teams to pick up guys who are hurt and carry them. I play with adults, we get to manage our teams however we see fit. how would you even police “you can’t pick up guys on IR” - what platform allows that kind of setup?

Users who are viewing this thread