What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you’re not first, you’re last (NFL late season) (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
17 game schedule, 14/32 teams make the playoffs. If you don’t get the 2 1 seeds, you’re just another of 12 or playoff teams that has to win 4 games to win it all. I think this is fantasy relevant in that some teams may glide some later in the year. At least I know I would consider that if I wanted my players healthy for the playoffs. Yeah?

Do you think

the #1 seed locked up that early. Huge adv. 

home playoff game locked up. Huge adv

playoff clinched. The ultimate goal

too Many important items to see things being all locked too early and sit players. 1 extra game should not change much

in the thread's title, what's the 'NFL late' season??? some secret decoder ring I'm missing or something, can I phone a friend, buy a vowel? did you mean the playoffs? why not just say the NFL playoffs, then?

in the thread's title, what's the 'NFL late' season??? some secret decoder ring I'm missing or something, can I phone a friend, buy a vowel? did you mean the playoffs? why not just say the NFL playoffs, then?
i believe that he is talking about the last few weeks of the regular season and whether the setup with an extra game and 2 extra teams making the playoffs and only 1 bye in each conference will possibly lead to more resting of players.

Predicting who will be resting 10 weeks from now feels like a fools errand.

Making magic football roster adjustments based upon those predictions is likely a lesson in futility.

dropping down to one team getting a bye was huge and a game changer....if you can even sniff that somehow, you go balls to the wall to the end.....that keeps a ton of things in play all the way through....there will be plenty of years where the #1 seed is still up for grabs heading into the final week....

i believe that he is talking about the last few weeks of the regular season and whether the setup with an extra game and 2 extra teams making the playoffs and only 1 bye in each conference will possibly lead to more resting of players.
That is what I suspect, yes. But lots of teams have not proven themselves that smart. Perfect example was a few weeks ago throwing Steelers throw to Diontae down by 2 scores on the last play of the game and he gets hurt. Teams absolutely should be taking it easy if they are not in contention for the 1 seed but are likely in the playoffs. Will they or will it be more subtle, don't know yet. Probably subtle this year with smarter decisions in future years.

Users who are viewing this thread