What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NBA Roster Draft - This draft goes to 12! (1 Viewer)

Has everyone forgotten that Gobert basically gets played off the floor in the playoffs?

Definition of a great 82 game player but not a guy I want as a centerpiece of my 16 win team.
The last two playoffs, Gobert has been +5.6 and +4.1. Their defensive talent around him is awful.

This is true. But you need offensive players to carry his useless on offense self
He's a fantastic play finisher and screener. He's not Jokic or Embiid but there is a reason the Jazz typically run the most pick and rolls in the league. Would you believe me if I said that Gobert has the highest career Ortg in NBA history? Not only is it the highest, it is over 4 points per possession higher than anybody in the history of the entire NBA. Obviously D/Ortgs are inherently noisy stats, but the point being that he consistently plays a big role on consistently great offenses. 

Obviously D/Ortgs are inherently noisy stats, but the point being that he consistently plays a big role on consistently great offenses. 
The past two years for sure.

17/18 - 16th

18/19 - 15th

19/20 - 10th

They have improved every year though, which is impressive. Up to 3rd last year and 1st this year.

I love Rudy. Almost picked him instead of AD. 

Man.   I really thought I could combine Giannis and Gobert into the world's best defensive front line in history.

No.  Not really.

See ya tomorrow. 

This is who I was going to go with if none of who I thought were the top 7 were going to fall to me. Luckily, #7 did and I proudly select:

1.8 PG Luka Doncic, DAL

He has some warts, but they all do at this point, and he is insanely talented. He's also versatile enough that it won't be that tough to put a team around him and I can go in a lot of differernt directions with this team now. 

@jvdesigns2002 has been sexted. 
Legit considered him over KD. People are down on him because he battled covid and injury to start the year but Mavs are coming on so he's getting noticed again.

I had: KD, Curry, Luka, LeBron, Giannis as my top 5.

I'm PMd @The Gator but he hasn't been on in 5 hours.  I'll wait for a bit to make the turn if he shows...but I'm laying in bed and have to work in AM.

Butler was at Marquette when my daughter @ditkaburgers was a Freshman there. That was a fun team with five future NBA players and 6'8" 290 lbs forward Davante Gardner.

I'm calling it a night.

Looks like Gator is on in the mornings...I'll be in by 8 am CST and we'll make the turn.

Goodnight losers!

Has everyone forgotten that Gobert basically gets played off the floor in the playoffs?

Definition of a great 82 game player but not a guy I want as a centerpiece of my 16 win team.
Not sure who you mean by everyone.  Yes, Gobert has certain weaknesses that are an issue but:

-This team that is being drafted has to play a full season and seeding will help

-The rest of the defensive personnel on Utah is not that good and hasn't been for the past few years

-The match-up with the Clippers last year was spectacularly bad.  The Clippers were uniquely positioned to take advantage of Gobert's weaknesses.  There aren't that many teams that have the personnel to do that, so there is no guarantee that Utah will run into the same issue in every single playoff run.  Gobert provides a very high floor and a high median outcome.  At this point in the draft, that is totally worthwhile.

I think we all have heard that you can shut up.
Sorry, frosty....all this waiting around has made me grumpy.

:kicksrock:

Would really like to participate before the end of the day.  I have spent an unhealthy amount of time developing my draft list.  :nerd:

I have spent an unhealthy amount of time developing my draft list.  :nerd:
Unhealthy?  Nah.

Smoking cigarettes with Vlade Divac at halftime is unhealthy.  Getting drafted by the Clippers in the 80's could be bad for your health. Gambling with Javaris Crittenton may end poorly for you.

This?  The worst that could happen is you select a bunch of overrated slugs and end up getting mocked for it by a bunch of middle aged guys on the interwebs.  Basically, you'd be David Kahn without the paycheck.  Good luck!

Unhealthy?  Nah.

Smoking cigarettes with Vlade Divac at halftime is unhealthy.  Getting drafted by the Clippers in the 80's could be bad for your health. Gambling with Javaris Crittenton may end poorly for you.
I was gonna add to be careful delivering room service in Colorado hotels, but more importantly....Avoid boat rides with Bison Dele's brother.  

Walking around New Orleans when Paul Pierce is in town could work out well.  Just ask P.J. Brown.

Unhealthy?  Nah.

This?  The worst that could happen is you select a bunch of overrated slugs and end up getting mocked for it by a bunch of middle aged guys on the interwebs.  Basically, you'd be David Kahn without the paycheck.  Good luck!
Why did we lose the laughing reaction that's all i want to do here.

I have some other guys ranked over these two, but position scarcity is already bumping these guys up.  There just aren't a lot of 2-way wings available, so I'm taking the best two available and will build around them and their versitility.

1.20 - Donovan Mitchell, SG, Utah Jazz - dude can score as well as anyone and is easily the best SG available.  He is a more than willing and competent defender and put up some monster games in the playoffs.

2.01 - Paul George, SF, LA Clippers - elite defender and averaging over 24 ppg and despite being slowed by injuries.  Will complement Donovan well.

Combined per game averages:  50.2 pts, 10.7 assts, 11.1 rbds, 3.6 steals

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread