What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (1 Viewer)

Nice inning from Arrendondo after Arroyo drove off the cliff there. It sure seems like he baffles teams for 6 innings or two trips through the order, then they just start hammering him. With the bullpen going this good, Dusty should just plan on pulling him after 6regardless of pitch count or score.The solo moonshot in the 6th should have been warning enough to not send him back for the 7th.
This theory applies to no-hitters, perfect games, and hurricane force winds blowing straight in from center.

Chapman doing his best Gomez impression after closing out the Brewers tonight. For those that don't know, Gomez did a couple of somersaults last year while the Reds were blowing their doors off, while making a catch. So Chapman returned the favor tonight. ### #### funny imo.

Chapman doing his best Gomez impression after closing out the Brewers tonight. For those that don't know, Gomez did a couple of somersaults last year while the Reds were blowing their doors off, while making a catch. So Chapman returned the favor tonight. ### #### funny imo.
I thought he was just making sure the monkey was off his back.

You can all blame my dad for jinxing the no hitter. He called to tell me about it and as soon as I turned it on he gave up the double.

You can all blame my dad for jinxing the no hitter. He called to tell me about it and as soon as I turned it on he gave up the double.
I turned the TV on for ball four of the walk without knowing anything about the no-no. Sorry 'bout that Bronson.Also, pregame guy on tonight's broadcast just referred to broadcaster Chris Welsh as "The Old Left-Hander". ####ing BLASPHEMY! :hot:

Dusty can't keep running Scott Rolen out there at 3B on a regular basis, right? :unsure:
Ya, I think that time is up. Rolen will rightfully get phased out if Frazier keeps hitting anywhere near what he is now. It might not happen as quickly or drastically as some would like, but it's got to happen.

So much for Aroldis not being able to go three days in row. Hope he gets a couple days off now though.

Way to come out strong for the second half!

So much for Aroldis not being able to go three days in row. Hope he gets a couple days off now though.

Way to come out strong for the second half!
The others probably need some action anyway. I watch every game and forget what a few of those guys look like.Somewhat related... If Cueto has even 1% of an issue, I hope they skip him Tuesday. Simon and Lecure especially love throwing multiple innings so it would probably not even require a roster move. If it does, I think you can DL him retro to before the ASB, so he'd be back quickly anyway. There is just no reason at all to push him and make a flare-up later more likely.

Joey needs a day off 3 games after the all-star break???

If this is Dusty's way of getting Frazier at bats with Rolen healthy, then I take back every time I've defended him.

Joey needs a day off 3 games after the all-star break???If this is Dusty's way of getting Frazier at bats with Rolen healthy, then I take back every time I've defended him.
John Fay said something about this. He said Votto traveled to the west coast on the trip, back to Cincy, to KC for the ASG, then back to Cincy. Yes I know so did Bruce and Aroldis, but I don't think a day off hurts. Remember what he did when he got a day off in May when he was completely healthy? A day off is fine.

Thom Brennamen just said Votto is having surgery for a torn meniscus and will miss 3-4 weeks. Three hours ago the news was Dusty liked resting All-Stars because he feels they come back from the game "sluggish".

:kicksrock:

Well, that sucks. I had a sinking feeling in my gut watching Votto play that his knee injury was more than a "tweak."

The 3 to 4 weeks that TB just mentioned on Fox sounds a bit optimistic, right?

Jay Bruce needs to step up in a major way.

I always think 3-4 really means 3+4.

On the bright side, Dusty cant sit Frazier any more, and I would think a first baseman would be the most able to contribute with a gimpy knee.

Cairo going nuts like he did a couple years ago when Votto missed time would be nice.

Really interesting who the Reds brings up. Don't really have a need for anywhere in specific. Do they bring up a spot starter if Cueto can't go tomorrow and call up Cingrani from Pensacola for a spot start, then bring up Constanzo or Soto.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true that they need a LH bat up there. Should definitely be Rodriguez/Constanzo. Rodriguez is a switch hitter and has been hitting the ball pretty well since getting called up to AAA.

Heisey's been hot... 281. :thumbup:
Yep, just in time too. Frazier is out of the mix in LF now, so we're really only looking at 3 guys for 2 spots in CF/LF between Stubbs, Heisey, Ludwick now. There are lots of ABs to be had there if he's going to hit.As for the Votto thing, the timing is right to do it now. I think we can tread water and hang around the top while he's out. I'm guessing he returns for the Aug 24th home series with STL. Between now and then, it's really just one series with the Pirates sandwiched by a bunch of games against bottom feeders. The biggest thing is just keeping our confidence and staying positive while he's out. There is a mental aspect of losing your MVP and leader that can affect everyone else's play if you're not careful. I think with guys like Rolen, Bruce, and a clubhouse manager like Dusty we will survive it.

The timing was not to do it now, but do it before the freaking ASB. Your star players hurts his knee. How you don't have him laying down under a MRI machine within 48 hours is asinine.

Yes, I'm a pissed off fantasy owner.

Glad to hear it's just torn cartilage. I tore a decent bit playing softball and would have been back in 3 weeks if I hadn't spent a drunken night walking up and down steps a week after surgery. Funny, felt fine walking up and down steps all night and then the next morning my knee looked like the Hindenburg for some reason.

:doh:

Votto is in good shape and has the best doctors/therapists treating him so I don't think he'll be out long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stat on Cueto last night

[*]Cueto's ERA at Great American the last 2 years: 1.76

[*]Combined ERA of all other pitchers there: 4.29

That's just absurd for a hitter's park like GABP

Related... he has the 2nd best HR/9 of any pitcher in baseball despite pitching in by far the biggest HR park in baseball.He has given up 2 HR's at GABP this season.

Related... he has the 2nd best HR/9 of any pitcher in baseball despite pitching in by far the biggest HR park in baseball.He has given up 2 HR's at GABP this season.
He's not an all star though.... :rolleyes:

Can't complain about 4-2 since Votto went out.

Hopefully they can hold it together until he gets back. Truly impressed by the Pirates hanging around. this could shape up to be a great race in the Central down the stretch.

Went to the game tonight. Beautiful weather. Physically hurt to pay $8 for a beer when we had just left a bar where a bucket of 5 was $10 though. (yeah, I'm a cheapskate)

Did they say anything about Arrendondo? He left with the trainer, didn't he?

Physically hurt to pay $8 for a beer when we had just left a bar where a bucket of 5 was $10 though.
You can get a slightly better deal at the UDF stores in the ballpark. 24 oz. cans for 10.50 + tax
That must be where the cans of Yuengling I saw were coming from. If i make another game, i will have to wander over to one of those. The crew I went to the game with sees very little of the actual stadium:- bus from the bar drops us off at the back of the stadium-up the steps and into the game from the gate back there (door to the outfield was open, it's just weird to look straight at second base from the sidewalk)-camp out on the railing 3rd base/left field area (actual ticket location is irrelevant)-watch the whole game from there-fail to win the "split the pot"-out the side to catch the bus at the foot of the bridge by US Bank ArenaThey do that once a year. This year there was about 20 that made it. Opening Day used to be a tradition until they screwed up the whole ticket process, so we just put up a canopy and watch it in someone's backyard anymore.

Soft schedule mostly. Could easily be 5-4 though. That said, only thing I really have had an issue with lineup wise from Dusty was him have Frazier 7th and Rolen 5th. Thought it should have been flip flopped. Very happy with him trusting Leake tonight. Then again, I've been a Dusty supporter this year, lol.

Softer schedule definitely plays roll with the Reds going 7-2 without Votto, but you still have to give the team tons of props for playing this well without their MVP candidate. Pitching has been great and we have gotten hits when we needed them the most. And we are finally getting some help from the other teams in beating the Pirates and Cards so we can gain some ground. Great time to be a Reds fan, interested to see what moves they make or dont make with the trade deadline coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread