What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (2 Viewers)

I heard today someone use a word to describe the bullpens for the both the Cubs and the Reds.

Beleaguered.

That's an apt word. If things don't change for either team, both bullpens will be on fumes before the All Star break. 

Time to concoct an injury  and put Castillo on the shelf for a while, me thinks. We’ll go with “shoulder weakness”

Watching this bullpen is like testing Jack-in-the-boxes with Buddy the Elf, bit man oh man is it fun watching Castellanos hit.

Waiting for India’s helmet to deploy like chaff to knock a throw off target and the fun police to step in though.

Watching this bullpen is like testing Jack-in-the-boxes with Buddy the Elf, bit man oh man is it fun watching Castellanos hit.

Waiting for India’s helmet to deploy like chaff to knock a throw off target and the fun police to step in though.
Fun team to watch for sure.

Can I ask a question without getting slammed for being an idiot?   :kicksrock:

How would Castillo do as a closer? 

(bracing self for all the "You Idiot" replies).  :lmao:

On The Rocks said:

Oh boy.

On The Rocks said:

probably good enough to get traded to LA or NY.

This YouTube game of the week thing is stupid. I paid for the extra sports channel for a reason, MLB. I have 500 mb internet and the dumb feed stopped or reset itself three times in three innings.

Prediction: Garrett will be suspended for 5 games for not keeping  the bat Baez was kind enough to offer him in a totally non-aggressive, “celebrating towards his team” manner.

If Baez isn't greeted with high inside heat at his first at bat tonight, no one ever will.
What’s the worst that can happen? Reds end up leading the majors in guys getting plunked? Lose multiple guys to hand/finger/wrist injuries?

If I was the first basemen, I would’ve clotheslined him while he was looking the other way doing his WWF hype routine.

What’s the worst that can happen? Reds end up leading the majors in guys getting plunked? Lose multiple guys to hand/finger/wrist injuries?

If I was the first basemen, I would’ve clotheslined him while he was looking the other way doing his WWF hype routine.
In the first paragraph you're worried about Reds players suffering consequences for getting into beanball wars, but in the second paragraph you're encouraging a future HOF'er to do something that might get himself hurt and or suspended for a lengthy period.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
In the first paragraph you're worried about Reds players suffering consequences for getting into beanball wars, but in the second paragraph you're encouraging a future HOF'er to do something that might get himself hurt and or suspended for a lengthy period.
Oh no, I don’t think Votto should’ve done anything. But it if it was me, not even worthy of starting at first in a beer league softball game,  equivalent of a hockey goon, just about zero value to the team..but somehow there if only in my imagination me,...

I would’ve clotheslined him (and immediately gotten my ### kicked mercilessly).

edit: And also, I was sort of jokingly suggesting that the Reds have been in what feels like a one-sided beanball war all season and might not have all that much more to lose on that front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senzel & Antone both rehabbing in AAA.  

Finding PT for everybody will be a good problem to have, but there's going to be a logjam.  Assume Winker, Votto, Castellanos and India are everyday starters, except for an occasional rest day. That leaves 2 IF spots for Senzel, Moose, Farmer & Suarez; and CF for Senzel, Shogo, Naquin & Aquino.

Nice change to have more cromulent MLB players than you have spots on the diamond. Hasn't happened in a couple years

Raisel Iglesias and Archie Bradley were dumped for NOTHING other than to save $$.  Combined WAR for 2021: 2.8 in 85 innings. 

Combined WAR for the 24 guys who have pitched exclusively in relief for the Reds: 3.7 in 384 innings. 

Thanks, Bob.

heckmanm said:
Raisel Iglesias and Archie Bradley were dumped for NOTHING other than to save $$.  Combined WAR for 2021: 2.8 in 85 innings. 

Combined WAR for the 24 guys who have pitched exclusively in relief for the Reds: 3.7 in 384 innings. 

Thanks, Bob.
Yeah I was hoping they’d use the Iglesias money to get a SS. Never thought Farmer would contribute as much as he has., plus I was soured on Iglesias, until Garrett and Doolittle showed just how much worse it could be. (Giving Sims the slightest of passes for last night)

Career 200 hit seasons;

Joey Votto    0

Pete Rose   10

Votto is such a talented hitter. I know we know this, it’s just something to remind me how great Pete was. 
It aggravates me that when he’s dead and gone, it’s not what he will be remembered for.  

Career 200 hit seasons;

Joey Votto    0

Pete Rose   10

Votto is such a talented hitter. I know we know this, it’s just something to remind me how great Pete was. 
It aggravates me that when he’s dead and gone, it’s not what he will be remembered for.  
I was thinking about how long it took Votto to get to 2000nd then your post prompted me to look a little at both their stats.

Votto’s season walk numbers stand out (HR’s too of course) but I don’t know if Pete’s lower walk rate/higher hit totals is a product of aggressiveness or pitchers not pitching around him at all because more than likely if they didn’t get him out it was just going to be single.

Dunno if I’m making sense there or not, but I was surprised Joey{s never gotten 200.

Users who are viewing this thread