What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (5 Viewers)

Wait until they replace injuries with “injuries” and Green, Lodolo, and Castillo are all shut down before the All-Star break.

That’s a page straight from the bad Bengal playbook of yesteryear.

India should already be done except for a late season cameo to test his hammy.

Has another team ever DFA’d their opening day #2 hitter in April?

Rustoleum said:
Has another team ever DFA’d their opening day #2 hitter in April?

The 2019 Giants DFAed 2/3 of their opening day OF in April.  Connor Joe has resurfaced with Colorado but Michael Reed is out of baseball after going 0-8 with 6 strikeouts.

The 2019 Giants DFAed 2/3 of their opening day OF in April.  Connor Joe has resurfaced with Colorado but Michael Reed is out of baseball after going 0-8 with 6 strikeouts.
Nice find, but nobody was pretending those guys were top of the order batters.

I guess a glimmer of hope (not really) to be had since those Giants ended up 77-85.

Nice find, but nobody was pretending those guys were top of the order batters.

I guess a glimmer of hope (not really) to be had since those Giants ended up 77-85.

I think the 2019 Giants should be a model for rebuilding teams.  They cycled through over 60 players at the MLB level and upgraded their talent significantly.  If you're going to be sub-.500 anyway, why not throw a guys into games and see who swims.

It's time to move on from Aquino. He's 28 and hasn't done much of anything since the one hot month after he was called up in 2019. 

Totally agree on Aquino. He  should have been gone last year and trotting him out at the top of the order was a travesty.

I’m just mad because this doesn’t feel like a rebuild to me. I’m not familiar with the farm system, but right now there are only 2 position  players (India and Stephenson) who should be on the team in two years, heck, maybe this year, and I don ‘t see the cavalry coming.

The Reds kept the wrong catcher in Mesoraco years ago and they kept the wrong outfielder in Senzel this year.

Mostly I’m just mad that we had that brief stretch of really fun to watch offense last year and now it’s just all gone.

I'm at a loss for words to describe how I feel about this organization. 

You can argue all day if they were a playoff contender or not; or whether they would be had they just added a piece or two.  One thing was certain, they were very entertaining and fun to watch.  This team, this year gives me the chills.  And not in a good way.

So, I hear Castellini is downsizing (the produce company). Least his ownership style is consistent across platforms.

How long before the sacrificial manager firing?

Aquino’s three inexplicable swings at low breaking balls  against a guy who walked the two guys ahead of you to load the bases make me stabby.

He was at .089 before that AB. I think he’s got a legit shot of getting that down to single digits before they finally cut bait on him.

Aquino’s three inexplicable swings at low breaking balls  against a guy who walked the two guys ahead of you to load the bases make me stabby.

He was at .089 before that AB. I think he’s got a legit shot of getting that down to single digits before they finally cut bait on him.

Sweet reverse jinx.

Fantasy football is serious business for Tommy Pham. 
Between this and challenging dudes to MMA cage matches earlier in the year, it seems violence is the only tool he has for conflict resolution. 

Dodged a bullet with having Trevor Bauer’s situation blow up right after he left. Think they need to make him go to counseling or dump him before he takes it to the next level (or gets susepended for gambling since he’s apparently a “big shot”.

Also, Peacock, the Reds, and MLB can bite me if they think I’m going to pay a second premium to watch games. 

Also, Peacock, the Reds, and MLB can bite me if they think I’m going to pay a second premium to watch games. 
I was able to watch with a free Peacock account.  That said, the quality was awful - lots of audio stutters and frequent pixelation. I'd be pissed if I DID pay for it.

The Reds don't have the worst record in baseball anymore (third behind KC and Washington).  That's pretty good considering their poor start in April.

I was able to watch with a free Peacock account.  That said, the quality was awful - lots of audio stutters and frequent pixelation. I'd be pissed if I DID pay for it.
I must’ve done something wrong. Tried from a free Peacock account on an iPad and couldn’t even find it or any baseball, so I presumed you had to click on Premium/Plus/For Suckers button to get there.

Seems like we’re in a classic run of “good starts/bad relief” right now. 

Decent returns for both Castillo and Mahle. Planning to get a look at Marte when Dayton comes to town next week. (Since I missed out on EDLC when he got promoted :kicksrock:)

As a Cardinals fan, all I can say to Reds fans, or Pirates or other smaller market teams that struggle to stay competitive is - you are true fans sticking with them. Hats off.

Farmer traded.

Probably for the best. Team doesn’t need a shortstop if everybody‘s going yard on you anyway. With the new shift rules, can we play 5 outfielders?

Castellinis probably asked Krall to hang around after everybody else left to scrounge for loose change in the seat cushions. But not to take so long that they have to spring for another night at the hotel.

Is there any chance whatsoever that MLB takes a look at this Castellini ownership and manages to somehow suspend them; I’m not sure what that would even look like, or puts pressure on them to sell? This loser Phil is a clown of epic proportions.
I just can’t stand it.

Is there any chance whatsoever that MLB takes a look at this Castellini ownership and manages to somehow suspend them; I’m not sure what that would even look like, or puts pressure on them to sell? This loser Phil is a clown of epic proportions.
I just can’t stand it.

Did you see where he said the Reds are a not-for-profit organization?

I just can’t stand it.

Yes!!!!!! The whole story is so crazy. That was the quote that led me to wonder if the MLB will take any action against them. I don't know that there is a bigger clown currently in all of baseball.

I just can’t stand it.

Yes!!!!!! The whole story is so crazy. That was the quote that led me to wonder if the MLB will take any action against them. I don't know that there is a bigger clown currently in all of baseball.
I put in my two-week notice and this past Friday was my last day. I don't have a job now but I am looking. Phil Castellini was one of the reasons why I needed to leave. As big of a clown as you see publicly, maybe even moreso.

I just can’t stand it.

I put in my two-week notice and this past Friday was my last day. I don't have a job now but I am looking. Phil Castellini was one of the reasons why I needed to leave. As big of a clown as you see publicly, maybe even moreso.
😫😫😫
He wreaks of clownhood

I just can’t stand it.

Wow. Sorry to hear. Good luck.

Wow. Sorry to hear. Good luck.
Thanks. The job was not what I expected it to be and I tried to make it work for 4 years. I'm sure I will figure something out.
Were you with the organization? In what role? That's a shame if he was the reason for it coming to an end!
I was in charge of the maintenance department. He wasn't the sole reason, but for years there were things I was uncomfortable with that I was told to "get over" that were definitely tied directly to him. Other than that, it was just a bad environment for me to be around. It sucks, no doubt. The position is posted, so I hope the next person can "get over" things a little easier than I.

Shame, too, because there are a lot of really good people there. They won't miss me, for sure.

I feel like Michael Corleone when I see the top half of this rotation.

"Every time I'm almost out on this team, they pull me back in!"
Between Greene, Lodolo, and Ashcraft, I think Lodolo has me the most excited. But I love them all.

For the record, in my heart all stats accumulated by any MLB team before first pitch at GABP count as Spring Training numbers.

Sorry bout your luck, Aaron Judge.

Users who are viewing this thread