What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

wtf, everyone around here seems to get #### but me. vuvuzelas, home made cookies, tee shirts, :lmao:

okay, I'm all better now, how is everyone doing this fine Wednesday morning?

General Malaise said:
Would love to hear some stories of douchiness from the Bears game.And I don't think douchey behavior is proprietary to Bears' fans. Or Eagles fans. I've seen PLENTY of dildonic behavior from Oregon Duck fans over the years. Drives me nuts. Anytime I see fans from the other school before, during or after the game, I try to be friendly and hospitable. My buddies that went down to Knoxville came back saying they'd root for the Vols against Florida and beyond. They previously had no favorite school in the SEC. They do now thanks in part to fans who were kind and affable (they had one fan hand them free beers as they walked to the stadium). But almost every home game I've ever attended, I witness sophomoric and embarrassing behavior by Duck fans to fans of the other team. Two years ago, Stanford came up to play us. I was waiting in line in the bathroom and there was one Stanford fan in line. Nice guy, engaging with everyone in line, talking football, saying how awesome the stadium was, etc. Out of the blue, this drunk 20 something dude said "Why don't you run home to your boyfriend, **G". Well, this was not well received by the rest of us, including a rather large black man who turned angrily toward the drunk moron and told him to leave. Now. He did.I've got countless examples of this. It's got to be beer + testosterone + low IQ. Or just young dudes getting caught up in the moment? I dunno. I just think it's ridiculous and try to counteract it by being nice to fans that travel for games. I'd like them to leave saying "Man, Oregon fans are class acts."
I think every large school has this issue. It's clearly the vocal minority. LSU has a bunch of DB fans. Most of the times it's the trash who didn't even attend the school, yet uses the football team as some sort of 'pack mentality".
:potkettle: Maryland basketball games can get embarrassing. I'm a huge Terps fan and will cheer as loudly as anyone but it gets to the point where I'm ashamed to be grouped with some of these idiots. The Duke games are the worst. I certainly wouldn't take a kid to a game against Duke at Comcast, which is a shame.But it's even worse at a Ravens game. I'm the farthest thing from a prude but many fans who go to pro football games seem to think it's a free pass to act like animals.

General Malaise said:
urbanhack said:
General Malaise said:
urbanhack said:
//official request to join cake next year//
You can take my spot. I'm done with Cake. Nobody trades and the innings limit is ridiculous.
too low?
Way too low. For the amount of roster space given, it's a joke. And good luck trying to get anyone to even respond to your trade offers, let alone execute one.
Innings limit in general are pretty silly.

shuke said:
SofaKings said:
JZilla said:
General Malaise said:
JZilla said:
I think the limit should be 1400. SPs are all but worthless. No one makes trades involving SPsSo uh, let's not forget to raise the IP next year
Raise it and I'm in. :thumbup:
We'll run it by Buddy Valastro, aka shuke
Can we start the draft on MOnday?
We started this morning.
I must not be on the clock as cos hasn't called me yet.

Uruk-Hai said:
Tiger Fan said:
General Malaise said:
Would love to hear some stories of douchiness from the Bears game.And I don't think douchey behavior is proprietary to Bears' fans. Or Eagles fans. I've seen PLENTY of dildonic behavior from Oregon Duck fans over the years. Drives me nuts. Anytime I see fans from the other school before, during or after the game, I try to be friendly and hospitable. My buddies that went down to Knoxville came back saying they'd root for the Vols against Florida and beyond. They previously had no favorite school in the SEC. They do now thanks in part to fans who were kind and affable (they had one fan hand them free beers as they walked to the stadium). But almost every home game I've ever attended, I witness sophomoric and embarrassing behavior by Duck fans to fans of the other team. Two years ago, Stanford came up to play us. I was waiting in line in the bathroom and there was one Stanford fan in line. Nice guy, engaging with everyone in line, talking football, saying how awesome the stadium was, etc. Out of the blue, this drunk 20 something dude said "Why don't you run home to your boyfriend, **G". Well, this was not well received by the rest of us, including a rather large black man who turned angrily toward the drunk moron and told him to leave. Now. He did.I've got countless examples of this. It's got to be beer + testosterone + low IQ. Or just young dudes getting caught up in the moment? I dunno. I just think it's ridiculous and try to counteract it by being nice to fans that travel for games. I'd like them to leave saying "Man, Oregon fans are class acts."
I think every large school has this issue. It's clearly the vocal minority. LSU has a bunch of DB fans. Most of the times it's the trash who didn't even attend the school, yet uses the football team as some sort of 'pack mentality".
:thumbup: Maryland basketball games can get embarrassing. I'm a huge Terps fan and will cheer as loudly as anyone but it gets to the point where I'm ashamed to be grouped with some of these idiots. The Duke games are the worst. I certainly wouldn't take a kid to a game against Duke at Comcast, which is a shame.But it's even worse at a Ravens game. I'm the farthest thing from a prude but many fans who go to pro football games seem to think it's a free pass to act like animals.
Went to a Ravens/Browns game a few years back(2005?), I had no rooting interest in either team and I thought everyone was very cool. Sat way up high in the end zone with the common folk as well.

St. Louis Bob said:
Cal got a 9 out of 10 on his High-Frequency Words test.

The question he missed:

She will get ____ box.

a. her

b. for

c. and

He picked B.
I don't see the appropriate word listed. :shuked:

I'm waiting at the doctor's office for them to give me some injections in my neck/spine.

Good times.

First thing I'm doing when I feel better is swiping some pastries from St. Louis Bread. Nothing but broth my ###.

This looks like it will end my consecutive days of getting lovin at 7/about 20 times. I lost track. :confused:

Uruk-Hai said:
Tiger Fan said:
General Malaise said:
:blackdot: Maryland basketball games can get embarrassing. I'm a huge Terps fan and will cheer as loudly as anyone but it gets to the point where I'm ashamed to be grouped with some of these idiots. The Duke games are the worst. I certainly wouldn't take a kid to a game against Duke at Comcast, which is a shame.But it's even worse at a Ravens game. I'm the farthest thing from a prude but many fans who go to pro football games seem to think it's a free pass to act like animals.
It's pretty bad everywhere. Even though I think we're good at Alabama, I'll sit in a section with the wrong crowd or with someone who got free tickets to the game from their boss and just be embarrassed by the actions. Heck, even in Pasadena on the biggest stage possible, there was some d-bag standing up and telling people to stand and cheer... during time outs... and the players' families were sitting directly behind him, me behind them.The worst though was last year. LSU tickets were going for a large sum. I saw this Bama fan looking for a ticket and while he wasn't wearing a Walmart jersey, houndstooth ball cap and did not have the requisite Nextel holster on his belt, he was definitely a country mouse. I worked out a price on the ticket and prayed he tried to watch the game with his wife, who was sitting elsewhere. He finally showed up halfway through the first quarter. I let my BIL sit next to him and tried to ignore them both. I think it was around the 3rd quarter when LSU broke a big run on our defense and this redneck stands up and yells, "get that ******." I just looked at him, as did everyone in the general area, until he noticed me and shook my head. I wanted to ask him what the color of our players were who he wanted to chase down the RB, and what they might think of him, but I just refrained. I did say something to him at one point, but I don't think it was in reference to that. Considering I knew several of the people around me, I sent out e-mails that Monday apologizing for this guy I didn't even know.That BIL isn't much better. Upon leaving our seats from the Penn State game a couple of weeks ago, drunk as can be, he informs the whole section that he's the designated driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuke,

You want a free ticket to the UK - Auburn game in a couple of weeks?

Downside: You have to sit with three Auburn fans.

Upside: Free ticket, surrounded by Kentucky hicks fans.

ETA: No shtick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuke,

You want a free ticket to the UK - Auburn game in a couple of weeks?

Downside: You have to sit with three Auburn fans.

Upside: Free ticket, surrounded by Kentucky hicks fans.

ETA: No shtick.
If only I were going back to Lexington that weekend. I'll be in for the USC game the weekend after.

Uruk-Hai said:
Tiger Fan said:
General Malaise said:
Would love to hear some stories of douchiness from the Bears game.

And I don't think douchey behavior is proprietary to Bears' fans. Or Eagles fans. I've seen PLENTY of dildonic behavior from Oregon Duck fans over the years. Drives me nuts. Anytime I see fans from the other school before, during or after the game, I try to be friendly and hospitable. My buddies that went down to Knoxville came back saying they'd root for the Vols against Florida and beyond. They previously had no favorite school in the SEC. They do now thanks in part to fans who were kind and affable (they had one fan hand them free beers as they walked to the stadium).

But almost every home game I've ever attended, I witness sophomoric and embarrassing behavior by Duck fans to fans of the other team. Two years ago, Stanford came up to play us. I was waiting in line in the bathroom and there was one Stanford fan in line. Nice guy, engaging with everyone in line, talking football, saying how awesome the stadium was, etc. Out of the blue, this drunk 20 something dude said "Why don't you run home to your boyfriend, **G". Well, this was not well received by the rest of us, including a rather large black man who turned angrily toward the drunk moron and told him to leave. Now. He did.

I've got countless examples of this. It's got to be beer + testosterone + low IQ. Or just young dudes getting caught up in the moment? I dunno. I just think it's ridiculous and try to counteract it by being nice to fans that travel for games. I'd like them to leave saying "Man, Oregon fans are class acts."
:goodposting: Maryland basketball games can get embarrassing. I'm a huge Terps fan and will cheer as loudly as anyone but it gets to the point where I'm ashamed to be grouped with some of these idiots. The Duke games are the worst. I certainly wouldn't take a kid to a game against Duke at Comcast, which is a shame.

But it's even worse at a Ravens game. I'm the farthest thing from a prude but many fans who go to pro football games seem to think it's a free pass to act like animals.
It's pretty bad everywhere. Even though I think we're good at Alabama, I'll sit in a section with the wrong crowd or with someone who got free tickets to the game from their boss and just be embarrassed by the actions. Heck, even in Pasadena on the biggest stage possible, there was some d-bag standing up and telling people to stand and cheer... during time outs... and the players' families were sitting directly behind him, me behind them.The worst though was last year. LSU tickets were going for a large sum. I saw this Bama fan looking for a ticket and while he wasn't wearing a Walmart jersey, houndstooth ball cap and did not have the requisite Nextel holster on his belt, he was definitely a country mouse. I worked out a price on the ticket and prayed he tried to watch the game with his wife, who was sitting elsewhere. He finally showed up halfway through the first quarter. I let my BIL sit next to him and tried to ignore them both. I think it was around the 3rd quarter when LSU broke a big run on our defense and this redneck stands up and yells, "get that ******." I just looked at him, as did everyone in the general area, until he noticed me and shook my head. I wanted to ask him what the color of our players were who he wanted to chase down the RB, and what they might think of him, but I just refrained. I did say something to him at one point, but I don't think it was in reference to that. Considering I knew several of the people around me, I sent out e-mails that Monday apologizing for this guy I didn't even know.

That BIL isn't much better. Upon leaving our seats from the Penn State game a couple of weeks ago, drunk as can be, he informs the whole section that he's the designated driver.
Worst fan action I've seen of any kind was at the UK-LSU game in 2007 where the Cats upset then number 1 and the eventual national champions. After the game was over and people were filing out of the stadium my friends and I walking down the steps next to the concourse and leaning against the railing above the exit is an LSU fan with his penis out. The man starts pissing on all the people crammed together walking towards the exits. This man probably owes his life to the state troopers that got to him before any fans could. I shouldn't have expected much better because before the game my roommates and I had set up in our normal tailgating spot (on the corner of Cooper and Sportscenter drive for those familier) and a bunch of drunk LSU fans walked over and started talking #### to my mom and a family friend of ours.

As football fans, we UK people are pretty tame, but we certainly have our share of awful basketball fans. My mom got tickets from a friend for the Gardener Webb game that Billy Clyde lost in Rupp. Seats were in the upper level and there was a guy next to us, maybe six foot, 250+ all in his beer inflated belly wearing a white t-shirt of that damn Calvin character pissing on a Cardinal (mascot of rival Louisville). The guy was so much yelling sentances as much as he was belching out explitives, rascial slurs and coaching adivce. After which he would turn around to us and give us a slobbering giggle.

I think its more prevalent at kind of established programs, that draws in some less informed, more dooshey fans so that they can feel like they belong to something.

NSFW and well, very misogynist and in very bad taste.

Uruk-Hai said:
Tiger Fan said:
General Malaise said:
:goodposting: Maryland basketball games can get embarrassing. I'm a huge Terps fan and will cheer as loudly as anyone but it gets to the point where I'm ashamed to be grouped with some of these idiots. The Duke games are the worst. I certainly wouldn't take a kid to a game against Duke at Comcast, which is a shame.But it's even worse at a Ravens game. I'm the farthest thing from a prude but many fans who go to pro football games seem to think it's a free pass to act like animals.
It's pretty bad everywhere. Even though I think we're good at Alabama, I'll sit in a section with the wrong crowd or with someone who got free tickets to the game from their boss and just be embarrassed by the actions. Heck, even in Pasadena on the biggest stage possible, there was some d-bag standing up and telling people to stand and cheer... during time outs... and the players' families were sitting directly behind him, me behind them.The worst though was last year. LSU tickets were going for a large sum. I saw this Bama fan looking for a ticket and while he wasn't wearing a Walmart jersey, houndstooth ball cap and did not have the requisite Nextel holster on his belt, he was definitely a country mouse. I worked out a price on the ticket and prayed he tried to watch the game with his wife, who was sitting elsewhere. He finally showed up halfway through the first quarter. I let my BIL sit next to him and tried to ignore them both. I think it was around the 3rd quarter when LSU broke a big run on our defense and this redneck stands up and yells, "get that ******." I just looked at him, as did everyone in the general area, until he noticed me and shook my head. I wanted to ask him what the color of our players were who he wanted to chase down the RB, and what they might think of him, but I just refrained. I did say something to him at one point, but I don't think it was in reference to that. Considering I knew several of the people around me, I sent out e-mails that Monday apologizing for this guy I didn't even know.That BIL isn't much better. Upon leaving our seats from the Penn State game a couple of weeks ago, drunk as can be, he informs the whole section that he's the designated driver.
I think its more prevalent at kind of established programs, that draws in some less informed, more dooshey fans so that they can feel like they belong to something.
Think it is more prevalent in the South?

Only because the best teams are there. But seriously, no. I've met a lot of terrible Ohio State fans, GM described a poor encounter with Oregon fans, for some reason for a lot of people it is acceptable to be a drunk ####### to anyone about sports.

Only because the best teams are there. But seriously, no. I've met a lot of terrible Ohio State fans, GM described a poor encounter with Oregon fans, for some reason for a lot of people it is acceptable to be a drunk ####### to anyone about sports.
Ohio State fans are the ####### worst, at least up north

No I meant just being 'less informed' in general. Forgot to bold that part.

:shrug: There are rednecks everywhere, why the South's get more pub is just unfortunate circumstance now.

:finger: :confused:There's a particularly crappy clip of Penn State fans from a few years ago on YouTube. :goodposting:I've always heard great things about Georgia fans, but of the trips I've made around the SEC, the two trips I made there were horrible and both times, I was a neutral observer.LSU fans get a bad rap, but I've never had an issue. Most of my trips there were made in the 90's when they were pretty horrible, so that has something to do with it. Still, I went 2 years ago for Saban's first trip back to Baton Rouge and didn't have the first issue. Well, Tiger Fan's friends were particularly nasty, but I knew that going in. :shrug:

I got along swimmingly with every Ohio State fan I met at the Rose Bowl. :fishy:

For some of us it's not even specific to sports.

I got along swimmingly with every Ohio State fan I met at the Rose Bowl. :thumbup:
Because of the Grundle-Bundle.

I think drunk and obnoxious fans are everywhere in college football.

I will say this: I went to the Auburn-LSU game in Baton Rouge about 5 years ago. I've been to plenty of night games in my life, but this was scary - as if the cajuns had been marinating all day. It's the closest I've ever been to getting into a fight at a football game. I won't go back.***

*** which is fine because all I really wanted to do was cross LSU's stadium off of my places to watch college football list

I have nothing interesting to say today... again.

And I've almost reached the end of the Internet. It's so bad I almost started to look at ways that I could improve my fantasy football team.

I got along swimmingly with every Ohio State fan I met at the Rose Bowl. :thumbup:
Because of the Grundle-Bundle.
My employer would like to thank you for having me add that to our google cache. :thumbup:

Those were the ones that could afford a trip to California. Bowls in general are probably going to attract a higher class of fan than your average home game. Goes for any school btw. Not picking on Ohio State.

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.

Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.

(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)

Me: Um...I guess.

Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.

Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.

Kid: :coffee: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?

Me: Uh...sure.

Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread