What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (11 Viewers)

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)Me: Um...I guess.Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.Kid: :unsure: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?Me: Uh...sure.Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
awesome :lmao:

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)Me: Um...I guess.Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.Kid: :unsure: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?Me: Uh...sure.Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: Big fan of Dr. Ahhhh back in the day.

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)Me: Um...I guess.Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.Kid: :thumbdown: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?Me: Uh...sure.Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes. :wall: :lmao: :lmao:
:coffee: Thank God. I need a new Connor thread.

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)Me: Um...I guess.Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.Kid: :confused: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?Me: Uh...sure.Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes. :sadbanana: :lmao: :lmao:
Kid gets an A. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've been mildly entertained by a chain of emails with my family. It started with my brother sending a joke to me, my other brother, my sister in law and my mother. My mother, God bless her, isn't very computer savy and it is an accomplishment when she can actually open an email and respond to it. So, upon getting the original "joke email" from my brother, the following replies occurred (keep in mind all of my Mother's responses are serious)

My SIL replied: LOL

My mother then replied: I love you too

My SIL replied: Huh?

My brother replied: Mom, do you know what LOL means?

My mother replied: yeah, something about "Loving you a Lot". But I dont know what "huh" means.

My other brother replied: Sorry, but..... LMAO

My mother replied: What does that mean?

I replied (to my own amusement): It means the same as "huh". What does "mom" mean?

My mother replied: Not funny. This is why I don't do emails

I replied: Ok, sorry Mom. I'll see this you weekend, tell Dad I LOL him.

My mother replied: Ok, I will. LOL you too.

:goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

I really can't wait for her to learn how to text on her cell phone. That should be very entertaining.

I've been mildly entertained by a chain of emails with my family. It started with my brother sending a joke to me, my other brother, my sister in law and my mother. My mother, God bless her, isn't very computer savy and it is an accomplishment when she can actually open an email and respond to it. So, upon getting the original "joke email" from my brother, the following replies occurred (keep in mind all of my Mother's responses are serious)

My mother replied: yeah, something about "Loving you a Lot". But I dont know what "huh" means.

I replied (to my own amusement): It means the same as "huh". What does "mom" mean?

:lmao: :bag: :lmao:

I really can't wait for her to learn how to text on her cell phone. That should be very entertaining.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Maybe my mom can email your mom and tell her to check out the 9th story down on her 'home page'.

After Igor, 16 towns are still in a state of emergency with roads in and out of the towns having washed away.

Beyond Trouty, the community of Bonaventure remains completely cut off.

Lisa Bailey, who lives in nearby Dunfield, said Bonaventure residents are driving as far as a washed-out section of road.

They leave their keys in their cars and walk across the gap. On the other side of the washout, residents of Trouty have also left cars — with keys in the ignition — so people can pick up a vehicle and keep driving.

Pretty proud of how things happen here. I'm not sure there's another part of the country where this would happen and I certainly haven't heard of anything like it in the US.
My girlfriend's Aunt is a (the?) doctor in Bonavista...is that anywhere close to here?

:shrug: :lmao: :lmao:

I see the humor in this, but I'm actually on your mother's side. I abhor abreviations like LOL and the like, I don't think I would want to see some of the papers Tanner might have to grade that actually include had written editions. I only tolerate them here because I get to see silly animations instead.

I see the humor in this, but I'm actually on your mother's side. I abhor abreviations like LOL and the like, I don't think I would want to see some of the papers Tanner might have to grade that actually include had written editions. I only tolerate them here because I get to see silly animations instead.
OMG, I completely agree. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :bag: :lmao:

Don't make me get all Snogger on your ###.The one I hate the most from texting is U for you and UR for your / you're. Sloppy and makes people look mildly ######ed like Peens.

....man, I love the newfie accent.As soon as I hear it, it makes me feel like I need to kiss the cod, and down a shot of screech.

My buddy's BIL happens to be a 13 y/o kid with Aspergers... late pregnancy by MIL. He's a pretty cool kid IMO. Sounds exactly like something he'd say.

Cant believe Greg Giraldo died. Guy was one of my favorites. :shrug:
Though I don't know who this is, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Sorry..not a household name but he's a comedian..prolly mostly known for his appearances on Comedy Central roasts.Watch a DVD or a few youtube clips sometime. From what I know about you, you would love his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its more prevalent at kind of established programs, that draws in some less informed, more dooshey fans so that they can feel like they belong to something.
Think it is more prevalent in the South?
Only because the best teams are there. But seriously, no. I've met a lot of terrible Ohio State fans, GM described a poor encounter with Oregon fans, for some reason for a lot of people it is acceptable to be a drunk ####### to anyone about sports.
No I meant just being 'less informed' in general. Forgot to bold that part.
:finger: :banned:There's a particularly crappy clip of Penn State fans from a few years ago on YouTube. :shrug:I've always heard great things about Georgia fans, but of the trips I've made around the SEC, the two trips I made there were horrible and both times, I was a neutral observer.LSU fans get a bad rap, but I've never had an issue. Most of my trips there were made in the 90's when they were pretty horrible, so that has something to do with it. Still, I went 2 years ago for Saban's first trip back to Baton Rouge and didn't have the first issue. Well, Tiger Fan's friends were particularly nasty, but I knew that going in. ;)
My two worst experiences by far have been my first Auburn trip and my one and only Ole Miss trips. Maybe it's just me, but I think out of all of the SEC schools Ole Miss and Auburn (in that order) on a whole think that they are "above" the other schools on a status level.....and that's a huge pet peeve for me. I absolutely loathe when someone thinks they are better than you just b/c of a school you went to or car you have, etc.Don't get me wrong, I actually have some very good friends that went to Auburn and Ole Miss....but it's just a general perception I have based on a handful of experiences.I'll also be the first to admit that LSU probably has the largest % of trashy fans in the SEC.Both trips to Bama I had were awesome, same with my only trips to Florida and Georgia.

My two worst experiences by far have been my first Auburn trip and my one and only Ole Miss trips. Maybe it's just me, but I think out of all of the SEC schools Ole Miss and Auburn (in that order) on a whole think that they are "above" the other schools on a status level.....and that's a huge pet peeve for me. I absolutely loathe when someone thinks they are better than you just b/c of a school you went to or car you have, etc.Don't get me wrong, I actually have some very good friends that went to Auburn and Ole Miss....but it's just a general perception I have based on a handful of experiences.I'll also be the first to admit that LSU probably has the largest % of trashy fans in the SEC.Both trips to Bama I had were awesome, same with my only trips to Florida and Georgia.
But Ole Miss girls are really, really hot. :wub:Not sure how that could be a bad experience.

But Ole Miss girls are really, really hot. :wub:Not sure how that could be a bad experience.
Agreed that they are the hottest in the SEC

But Ole Miss girls are really, really hot. :wub:
And dumb as dirt. My god....The only thing dumber than Ole Miss girls? Southern Miss. I swear to god, their application rate had to be 200%. We would feast off the girls from Ole Miss and Southern Miss while at Millsaps, a college where boners went to die.

This looks like it will end my consecutive days of getting lovin at 7/about 20 times. I lost track. :lmao:
Stu<heyI texted Mrs. SLB that the streak was over and she called me a sissy.
:lmao:Is she allowed to keep the streak going without you? For, you know... the good of the team?
You remember that Night Court when Dan Fielding has sex while in the hospital and it puts him in a coma?
"You slept with my sister?""Heavens no. We just had sex."

This looks like it will end my consecutive days of getting lovin at 7/about 20 times. I lost track. :lmao:
Stu<heyI texted Mrs. SLB that the streak was over and she called me a sissy.
:lmao:Is she allowed to keep the streak going without you? For, you know... the good of the team?
You remember that Night Court when Dan Fielding has sex while in the hospital and it puts him in a coma?
"You slept with my sister?""Heavens no. We just had sex."
Possibly my all time favorite TV character. I remember watching it and my grandma was in the room and she says "I hate that man."

Shuke,

You want a free ticket to the UK - Auburn game in a couple of weeks?

Downside: You have to sit with three Auburn fans.

Upside: Free ticket, surrounded by Kentucky hicks fans.

ETA: No shtick.
you went to Auburn?
Yeah, that and South Alabama in Mobile.
woulda never guessed that. You from Alabama originally?
Who is Otis Spy an alias for?
Fat Drunk and Stupid. Most of my alai' are on lengthy TOs.Yes originally from Alabama.

After Igor, 16 towns are still in a state of emergency with roads in and out of the towns having washed away.

Beyond Trouty, the community of Bonaventure remains completely cut off.

Lisa Bailey, who lives in nearby Dunfield, said Bonaventure residents are driving as far as a washed-out section of road.

They leave their keys in their cars and walk across the gap. On the other side of the washout, residents of Trouty have also left cars — with keys in the ignition — so people can pick up a vehicle and keep driving.

Pretty proud of how things happen here. I'm not sure there's another part of the country where this would happen and I certainly haven't heard of anything like it in the US.
My girlfriend's Aunt is a (the?) doctor in Bonavista...is that anywhere close to here?
About 2 hours away. I do have friends there. For Bonavista, yeah, she's probably the only doctor. It's about an hour from a town with stores/supermarket/Walmart/McDonalds, etc.

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.

CHEERS!

Users who are viewing this thread