What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (8 Viewers)

Not sure if this was mentioned yet.... but wow, this was not your typical toddler's birthday party
Hopefully AW doesn't find this. It took quite a debate to get booze added to the menu for JR's first birthday party.
That's understandable for a first birthday party. But this bash was for a 3 year old. And my favorite part was that the police came to break up the brawl at 1AM and 30 children witnessed it. 1AM????? I can't wait to see what kind of party they have for this kid's 4th birthday.

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.

CHEERS!
sorry to hear, bentley- tough stuff to go through.we're that close to dropping 10k on IVF for attempt at kid #2. with the state of my life this summer/fall, the eggs will catch fire. keep the drinks pouring please. tia.

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.CHEERS!
Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.Glen: Sure, I'd buy one. (Sorry, GBbentley and GBAW. :thumbup: )
I promise to be done with the baby talk after tonight. I definitely appreciate the quote. AW and I love this movie and called our boy Ed (since we thought it was a nice gender neutral name) until we found out the sex.
lol at ed.please see sig.

Okay, I'm leaving for New Orleans next week. I haven't been since 2002 and my wife has never been. I want to show her a good time. And also some of the sites, sounds and tastes of New Orleans.

Fly in Wednesday night at 11pm. Taxi cab to Marriott New Orleans on Canal Street and check in. I've found one idea for a late night dinner. Angeli on Decatur. If anybody has a better idea for a late night restaurant near our hotel, please let me know.

Thursday:

Breakfast - Completely open. I've been to Cafe Du Monde and I've been to Brennan's. I'm not married to either, so if you've got a recommendation, lay it on me.

Lunch - Mother's. I haven't had their turtle soup in nearly 10 years. We will for sure be going there for lunch.

4:00PM - Cocktail Tour :popcorn:

Dinner - Wide open, though I'd really like to try Tipsy's restaurant. The only downside is we'll need to catch a cab, but that's not a deal breaker. I've had some other recommendations for dinner, but all them require a jacket, and that's just not what we're after here.

After Dinner - I'm looking for a jazz club or a blues club. Somewhere in the French Quarter or close to our hotel. Somewhere we can lounge, drink, listen to good music. I'd love to avoid the beer spilling, bead throwing, frat chanting bars that checkered my past. I'm hoping for nice place where we can melt into our seats and relax. Ideas appreciated.

I depart for Baton Rouge in the late morning. If there are multiple breakfast ideas, we'll hit one of them on our way out of town.

Cannot wait! :boxing:

Okay, I'm leaving for New Orleans next week. I haven't been since 2002 and my wife has never been. I want to show her a good time. And also some of the sites, sounds and tastes of New Orleans.

Fly in Wednesday night at 11pm. Taxi cab to Marriott New Orleans on Canal Street and check in. I've found one idea for a late night dinner. Angeli on Decatur. If anybody has a better idea for a late night restaurant near our hotel, please let me know.

Thursday:

Breakfast - Completely open. I've been to Cafe Du Monde and I've been to Brennan's. I'm not married to either, so if you've got a recommendation, lay it on me.

Lunch - Mother's. I haven't had their turtle soup in nearly 10 years. We will for sure be going there for lunch.

4:00PM - Cocktail Tour :thumbup:

Dinner - Wide open, though I'd really like to try Tipsy's restaurant. The only downside is we'll need to catch a cab, but that's not a deal breaker. I've had some other recommendations for dinner, but all them require a jacket, and that's just not what we're after here.

After Dinner - I'm looking for a jazz club or a blues club. Somewhere in the French Quarter or close to our hotel. Somewhere we can lounge, drink, listen to good music. I'd love to avoid the beer spilling, bead throwing, frat chanting bars that checkered my past. I'm hoping for nice place where we can melt into our seats and relax. Ideas appreciated.

I depart for Baton Rouge in the late morning. If there are multiple breakfast ideas, we'll hit one of them on our way out of town.

Cannot wait! :thumbup:
Have fun. You'll enjoy Tipsy's place. It's hard to live up to the expectations set here but it really is outstanding food. You know you'll kick yourself if you don't go every time you read someone raving on it here.J

Thursday:

"Taxi cab" made me snicker. :) Last time we were in NO, the best meal* we had was at Louisiana Bistro, where you can do a "Feed Me" menu that the chef makes up for you on the spot based on your preferences, allergies, whatever. He comes out and talks to you about what you like, what you're afraid of, etc. Each course we had was absolutely fantastic. Right in the Quarter, no taxi necessary.

We also did the cocktail tour, which was AWESOME. Assuming you're doing the same one (Grey Line?), the last place you have a drink is a spot that might meet your "after dinner" requirements and is very close to Louisiana Bistro. Can't remember the name but will look it up.

Could you do a breakfast/brunch at Commander's Palace the day you leave? I never miss brunch there when in town. They also have 25-cent martinis at brunch. :)

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.CHEERS!
Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.Glen: Sure, I'd buy one. (Sorry, GBbentley and GBAW. :thumbup: )
I promise to be done with the baby talk after tonight. I definitely appreciate the quote. AW and I love this movie and called our boy Ed (since we thought it was a nice gender neutral name) until we found out the sex.
Hang in there Bentley. J

Thursday:

Slip her the tongue for me. :)

Also, check out the jazz clubs on Frenchmen Street. Just outside the Quarter and with a much more adult vibe.
It has been a while but we went to some place "Pat O'Grady's" or something like that. They these great frozen drinks that I think were called tornadoes.

I'm guessing that you'd have a good time at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. Fun piano bar and a ton of history.

I'm guessing that you'd have a good time at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. Fun piano bar and a ton of history.
If he is taking the same cocktail tour I did, this place is on the tour, too (and is a great recommendation!).

Dinner - Wide open, though I'd really like to try Tipsy's restaurant. The only downside is we'll need to catch a cab, but that's not a deal breaker.
If you want to slum it, you can take the trolley thing to Tipsy's. That's what I did when I was in New Orleans. It was cheap and dropped me off like a block or two from the restaurant.

Thursday:

4:00PM - Cocktail Tour :bag:

We took the trolley to the bend and then walked the rest of the way to Tipsy's. So, if you feel the need to trolley it up, and aren't really in a hurry, you can do that. Tipsy, being the good Southern gentleman he is, wouldn't hear of us taking the trolley back and was nice enough to cart us to our hotel after dinner in his Michael-Stipe-death-mobile. Good times. There was an Abita Turbodog shrimp dish when we went that was one of the best things I've ever had in NOLA but I'm not seeing it on their menu now. I've always thought Cafe Du Monde was a little overrated, but I suppose it's what you're supposed to do. I've been to Refuel Cafe and had a fantastic breakfast - but I've only been the one time, so it's not like I can swear by it.

NOLA is the land of specialty cocktails and God love her for it. Sazeracs and French 75s to name a couple.

So jealous.

St. Louis Bob said:
SofaKings said:
Any SLB sightings? I worry about that big guy.
You mean Samuel the initial stealer? I was wondering about him too. Maybe he went "all in" on a solo trip to Mexico.
;) You'll always be the original SLB GB. Kinda like "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original.My participation has waned recently because my coworker has been out with 2 broken feet and a broken arm. I'm essentially doing 2 jobs and we can't add any more head count. 10-12 hour days for the past few weeks with the end of the quarter have killed my FFA time, and there's no end in sight. :confused:

krista4 said:
General Malaise said:

Thursday:

4:00PM - Cocktail Tour :confused:

Cannot wait! ;)
"Taxi cab" made me snicker. :) Last time we were in NO, the best meal* we had was at Louisiana Bistro, where you can do a "Feed Me" menu that the chef makes up for you on the spot based on your preferences, allergies, whatever. He comes out and talks to you about what you like, what you're afraid of, etc. Each course we had was absolutely fantastic. Right in the Quarter, no taxi necessary.

We also did the cocktail tour, which was AWESOME. Assuming you're doing the same one (Grey Line?), the last place you have a drink is a spot that might meet your "after dinner" requirements and is very close to Louisiana Bistro. Can't remember the name but will look it up.

Could you do a breakfast/brunch at Commander's Palace the day you leave? I never miss brunch there when in town. They also have 25-cent martinis at brunch. :)
We are indeed doing the Gray Line tour. That sounds promising. We only have one night for dinner, so I'll have to make a choice between Dante's and Louisiana Bistro....unless one of them is open at midnight for food. I've sent a PM to Tipsy, so depending on his reply, that could determine where we do dinner Thursday.

Brunch at Commander's Palace sounds perfect, assuming the serve it Friday and open around 9ish.

THANK OU!

St. Louis Bob said:
SofaKings said:
Any SLB sightings? I worry about that big guy.
You mean Samuel the initial stealer? I was wondering about him too. Maybe he went "all in" on a solo trip to Mexico.
;) You'll always be the original SLB GB. Kinda like "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original.My participation has waned recently because my coworker has been out with 2 broken feet and a broken arm. I'm essentially doing 2 jobs and we can't add any more head count. 10-12 hour days for the past few weeks with the end of the quarter have killed my FFA time, and there's no end in sight. :confused:
You selfish bastards.

Running with scissors said:
General Malaise said:
:thumbup:

krista4 said:
General Malaise said:

Thursday:

4:00PM - Cocktail Tour :shrug:

We are indeed doing the Gray Line tour. That sounds promising. We only have one night for dinner, so I'll have to make a choice between Dante's and Louisiana Bistro....unless one of them is open at midnight for food. I've sent a PM to Tipsy, so depending on his reply, that could determine where we do dinner Thursday.

Brunch at Commander's Palace sounds perfect, assuming the serve it Friday and open around 9ish.

THANK OU!
Just looked it up; not open that early. :thumbup: I've heard good things about Luke and about EAT for breakfast, but have not tried either one.

I'll think about a place for late-night dinner...I can't remember at the moment.

Elbow Truck Driver said:
General Malaise said:
Dinner - Wide open, though I'd really like to try Tipsy's restaurant. The only downside is we'll need to catch a cab, but that's not a deal breaker.
If you want to slum it, you can take the trolley thing to Tipsy's. That's what I did when I was in New Orleans. It was cheap and dropped me off like a block or two from the restaurant.
I didn't know you* went to Tipsy's. How was it? I've done the Trolly before, so maybe that's what we'll do. Did you round trip it? Is it safe at 10pm. :shrug:ETA: *are you who I think you are? :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elbow Truck Driver said:
General Malaise said:
Confirmed. We did this and just grabbed a cab back to the quarter.

I didn't know you* went to Tipsy's. How was it? I've done the Trolly before, so maybe that's what we'll do. Did you round trip it? Is it safe at 10pm. :no:ETA: *are you who I think you are? :unsure:
I'm fatguy. Tipsy's place was great but I felt a little weird because I went by myself (I was in town for work). I did round trip it but I had an early dinner so I think my return trip was closer to 7:00 than 10:00, so I don't know anything about the safety issue. Also, I'm not a wuss.

I like the trolley and never feel like I'm slumming it or that I'm unsafe.

GM, you really should do Tipsy's. I went there without knowing it was his restaurant (I was staying at a house about a block away) and only later learned who had served me all that great food and given me all that great service. Can only imagine what an experience it would be if he knew who you were!

I didn't know you* went to Tipsy's. How was it? I've done the Trolly before, so maybe that's what we'll do. Did you round trip it? Is it safe at 10pm. :banned:ETA: *are you who I think you are? :goodposting:
I'm fatguy. Tipsy's place was great but I felt a little weird because I went by myself (I was in town for work). I did round trip it but I had an early dinner so I think my return trip was closer to 7:00 than 10:00, so I don't know anything about the safety issue. Also, I'm not a wuss.
Remember, GM glows in the dark.

I didn't know you* went to Tipsy's. How was it? I've done the Trolly before, so maybe that's what we'll do. Did you round trip it? Is it safe at 10pm. :scared:ETA: *are you who I think you are? :confused:
I figured....I just couldn't remember you going to Tipsy's. Must have missed it or read it and forgot. Thanks, Chuck Norris. :confused:

Is the Dallas stop coming soon GBGM?
I'll be there Oct 11-13
Sweet. A friend of mine has her first burlesque show on the 12th. Interested? :shock:
Definitely interested but I'm there for 2 nights of heavy drinking a work function (our company 20th Anniversary party and customer appreciation convention). Not sure where you're at but I'll be in Grapevine for most of the time. Logistics may be tough to handle since I'm not sure if I'll have a car yet but I'll look into it :shock: :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread