What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (6 Viewers)

So $70 per day for 5 full days at about 9 hours a day? There's a place near me that charges about $300 a week, and it's the higher price option in a higher price area.
Yeah, but the fifth day is free.
:lmao: Sure it is.For that kind of dough, I hope the headmaster lives up to her namesake on the fifth day too.
It's a dude.And yes.

Just wanted to add that this is ridonkulous:

Frostillicus said:
2006: 52 books

2007: 62 books

2008: 43 books (first kid born)

2009: 47 books

2010: 37 books (second kid born)

(yes I keep track)
And TU did 70 in 2010 and is going for 100 in 2011? :lmao:

If I can get to double digits I'll be happy. Honestly, I don't know how people with kids or a significant other find the time.

Hi.

I'm still at work. I hate Q4 and I hate all of you.

Although I'm having a few beers with my boss. But I get to be back here in 8 hours because our dock workers feel that triple-time tomorrow isn't worth coming in for 6 hours. One quit on Tuesday and another quit today.

Once I load a truck, I get to sit here for another 6 hours while I wait for another customer to be done. You eMMer eFFers better be around to help me get through the day

I witnessed a grab and dash robbery at Walgreen's today.
You gotta do better than that. Details, teacher..details.
I had been tooling about, searching for a can of Planters Brittle Nut Medley, becuase my cousin gave it out to his guests at Christmas dinner, and I think it's just about the yummiest snack ever. I had already hit a grocery store and Big Lots. And even though I'd scored some buffalo flavored cashews, I still hadn't fulfilled my quest for even more calories than the feasting, cookies and egg nog. It was a blustery day, with big fluffy snowflakes swirling around me. I pulled up to Walgreen's. Usually I park across the lot, but I noticed that there was an empty space in front of the Red Box, so I pulled in and jumped out of the car and hurried over to beat anyone else since there was only one Red Box there. After tapping my way through the $5 sale, comedies, romance, drama, and top 20, in that order, and finding nothing appealing, I dropped the screen shade and turned to walk up the side of the building and toward the door. As I drew near, I noticed a young hispanic male, with a close cropped hair cut sprint out of the store with his arms around a number of loose items. Simultaneously, a beat up car with a missing grill that had been backed into the space against a wall leaped toward the young man, who dropped all he was holding and half jumped onto the hood of the car. For a split second, I thought it was someone hitting a pedestrian, until she shrieked out the driver's side window, "Get in the car, a**hole!!!" He bent down quickly, gathered up his items, and jumped into the drivers side as she slid over. At this point, I stopped and stared at them, as did a man who was converging on the door at the same time as I was. The car peeled out of the parking lot, and I walked in the store as the doors opened. The cashier near the door calmly told the manager as he walked over that someone had just walked out with a lot of stuff. The manager asked the cashier what he took. She said some things I didn't hear. The man I entered with said he had seen them leave, and I walked over to the food looking for my Brittle Nut Medley, which they didn't have.
Shoulda gone to Rite Aid.Glad you're okay. pretty scary stuff. hate when Red Boxes are out of decent movies.

My kids are going to beat the hell out of your smart kids.Even the gay one. :goodposting:
:lmao: If my kid takes after me, he will probably point and laugh at the smart kids getting beat up by GM's kids. If my kid takes after his mother he will be a lying C-word that hid credit card debt until the divorce and absolutely loathed to initiate in the bedroom. (ah, something about the holidays makes me drink and vent)

I read for at least a half-hour every night, no matter what.

Sometimes I have to re-read that half hour if I was drunk.
Right now my commute book is Anna Karenina. Actual train time is about 10-12 minutes, so its slow going, a book usually takes a month to get through.Of course if I gave up internet message boards and blog reading, I'd get through 120 books this year...

ETA: drunk typos

Last edited by a moderator:
Day: 64,983 Time 11:34 PM

Cal still isn't in sleeping. He says he can't stop thinking. I told Mrs. SLB I shouldn't reproduce. She's sleeping.

**sshhhh**

My kids are going to beat the hell out of your smart kids.Even the gay one. :goodposting:
:lmao: If my kid takes after me, he will probably point and laugh at the smart kids getting beat up by GM's kids. If my kid takes after his mother he will be a lying C-word that hid credit card debt until the divorce and absolutely loathed to initiate in the bedroom. (ah, something about the holidays makes me drink and vent)
Yikes.and awesome.

Right now my commute book is Anna Karenina. Actual train time is about 10-12 minutes, so its slow going, a book usually takes a month to get through.Of course if I gave up internet message boards and blog reading, I'd get through 120 books this year...

:thumbup: One of my favorite books of all time, though your mileage may vary.

Frosty, I only wish I was (or is it I were?) anyway, that I was only teaching them to be nerd. You'll be fine I'm sure.

Just told mrs. Fronst that Emma Stone was the new #2 on my list (Tiffani-Amber Thieseen is, and always will be, #1). Her response, "Emma Stone is hid." (that means hideous, I'm told).

Divorce may be unavoidable at this point.

What's the harshest non-curse word you can think of? I nominate "rape."Ugh. I feel uncomfortable just writing it.
Checked that Tapes 'n Tapes thread, bud?Can't think of any words that give me that kind of visceral reaction, but I'll let you know if any come up. :thumbup:

:thumbup: One of my favorite books of all time, though your mileage may vary.
It's awesome.This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but its been on my bookshelf for 19 years.

Its a long queue.

I have another bar question. What implements do I need, like shakers, do I need? Also, what is the drink of the day?
i like shakers like these: http://www.amazon.com/WMF-06-1355-6030-Bos...273&sr=1-14but more traditional shakers work decent too.

you also need a measure, a strainer, muddler (for Caipirinha/Vodka-Lime and similar), good corkscrew...

most of the other stuff can be done easily with what you already have at home, but you could buy a salt/sugar rimmer for instance... also good to have a paring knife and cutting board, but I'm sure you can start out with what you already have... I assume goal is quick, cheap and easy.

Frosty, I only wish I was (or is it I were?) anyway, that I was only teaching them to be nerd. You'll be fine I'm sure.
This makes zero sense to my brain.
Yeah, when I get time away from helping unwed mothers, I enjoy being a Big Brother to blind children.
I think I'm going to stop drinking now.
Why? Unwed mothers and blind children love to drink. I've heard.
YOUR JEDI MIND TRICKS ARE ####### UP MY BRAIN

Hi.I'm still at work. I hate Q4 and I hate all of you.Although I'm having a few beers with my boss. But I get to be back here in 8 hours because our dock workers feel that triple-time tomorrow isn't worth coming in for 6 hours. One quit on Tuesday and another quit today. Once I load a truck, I get to sit here for another 6 hours while I wait for another customer to be done. You eMMer eFFers better be around to help me get through the day
This emmer effer will be around during the day, except when I go to the gym. :notfoolinganybody:

Just told mrs. Frost that Emma Stone was the new #2 on my list (Tiffani-Amber Thieseen is, and always will be, #1). Her response, "Emma Stone is hid." (that means hideous, I'm told). Divorce may be unavoidable at this point.
Explain to her that if you get together with miss Stone, she can then become Emma Frost, like X-Men character White Queen. :thumbup: :lmao: :nerd:Or don't.

Just told mrs. Frost that Emma Stone was the new #2 on my list (Tiffani-Amber Thieseen is, and always will be, #1). Her response, "Emma Stone is hid." (that means hideous, I'm told). Divorce may be unavoidable at this point.
Explain to her that if you get together with miss Stone, she can then become Emma Frost, like X-Men character White Queen. :thumbup: :lmao: :nerd:Or don't.
I started to write "this is genious." But then I read it again, and I realized you're an idiot.

I have another bar question. What implements do I need, like shakers, do I need? Also, what is the drink of the day?
Give me a purpose? Getting hammered quick and easy, getting someone else sloshed for entertainment purposes, warming up body and mind, tasty for girlfriends, group drink, or.... ?

Explain to her that if you get together with miss Stone, she can then become Emma Frost, like X-Men character White Queen. :lmao: :nerd: :nerd:Or don't.
I started to write "this is genious." But then I read it again, and I realized you're an idiot.
Lesson: don't reread anything I write. :thumbup:

Explain to her that if you get together with miss Stone, she can then become Emma Frost, like X-Men character White Queen. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:Or don't.
Lesson: don't reread anything I write. :thumbup:
Done and done.

I guess we could always do a classic, something that should always be in stock:

Gimlet, which has many, many variations:

Gin

Lime Juice

on ice in an Old-Fashioned glass

could replace Gin with Vodka (which is my drink of choice when I am partying) for a Vodka Gimlet, or add Vodka, simple syrup, club soda on crushed ice for a 'Leg Spreader' (name varies)

ETA: this is where a muddler comes in handy (at least for my version of Vodka Gimlet), in a high ball glass, fill half way with ice, add 3 - 3.5 oz of vodka, muddle 2 small limes in shaker, pour in the ice/vodka ... quick shake, return to highball glass.

Day: 64,983 Time 11:34 PMCal still isn't in sleeping. He says he can't stop thinking. I told Mrs. SLB I shouldn't reproduce. She's sleeping. **sshhhh**
I have that problem. It's like I can't switch my brain off. Somethings I think about really dumb ####. I have, at one time or another, mapped out in my head each place I have lived down to where the light switches were in each room and which hand each door was. I would spend hours going through all the details.It comes and goes in cycles for me, and I haven't found any medicine that will fix it (most sleep drugs actually seem to make it worse). Only the sweet nectar called alcohol seems to help.

Gin

Lime Juice

could replace Gin with Vodka (which is my drink of choice when I am partying) for a Vodka Gimlet, or add Vodka, simple syrup, club soda on crushed ice for a 'Leg Spreader' (name varies)

ETA: this is where a muddler comes in handy (at least for my version of Vodka Gimlet), in a high ball glass, fill half way with ice, add 3 - 3.5 oz of vodka, muddle 2 small limes in shaker, pour in the ice/vodka ... quick shake, return to highball glass.
leg spreader, eh?

Gin

Lime Juice

leg spreader, eh?
yeah, have heard that used plenty of times, but there are better options if that's the goal.

Found this on wikipedia:

"The following vodka gimlet recipe is from the novels of Stuart Woods: "Pour six ounces of vodka from a 750 ml bottle; replace with six ounces Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice (available from nearly any grocery), add a small amount of water for ice crystals, shake twice and store in the freezer overnight. Pour into a martini glass and serve straight up. The glass will immediately frost over. With this recipe, no cocktail shaker is required and the cocktail is not watered down by melting ice."

I'd replace Rose's with real lime juice, and cram in some lime wedges in the bottle for decoration... could be used at a party I guess.

Day: 64,983 Time 11:34 PMCal still isn't in sleeping. He says he can't stop thinking. I told Mrs. SLB I shouldn't reproduce. She's sleeping. **sshhhh**
I have that problem. It's like I can't switch my brain off. Somethings I think about really dumb ####. I have, at one time or another, mapped out in my head each place I have lived down to where the light switches were in each room and which hand each door was. I would spend hours going through all the details.It comes and goes in cycles for me, and I haven't found any medicine that will fix it (most sleep drugs actually seem to make it worse). Only the sweet nectar called alcohol seems to help.
Glad to know it isn't isolated to my family. :thumbup:

When i "worked" the Absolut Bar for a TV production, we had great success with 'Stage Coach' (named after the color of the drink coinciding with the color of the trucks transporting equipment);

1 part Absolut Citron

1 part Absolut Tangerine

2 parts OJ

lemon juice (1/2 lemon)

2 ice cubes

mix together with a drink mixer until the OJ has a lot of air, almost like it's a foam, serve on crushed ice.

Works well with ladies of doubtful morals.

Since most don't have Absolut, just use any vodka, and add more fresh lemon juice and tangerine juice.

When i "worked" the Absolut Bar for a TV production, we had great success with 'Stage Coach' (named after the color of the drink coinciding with the color of the trucks transporting equipment);1 part Absolut Citron 1 part Absolut Tangerine2 parts OJlemon juice (1/2 lemon)2 ice cubesmix together with a drink mixer until the OJ has a lot of air, almost like it's a foam, serve on crushed ice.Works well with ladies of doubtful morals.Since most don't have Absolut, just use any vodka, and add more fresh lemon juice and tangerine juice.
This sounds yummy. I'll have to play the part of a lady with doubtful morals, though, since I'm not trying to seduce any wimmens.

Glad to know it isn't isolated to my family. :thumbup:
I play golf in my head. There are some courses where I know every blade of grass, I've played them so much. I rarely get to the turn, and I've never finished a round.

I would like to beat whoever wrote Back To The Future III with a bag full of Nazi's.
1) My best GB worked for Zemeckis' fx company, he's the mastermind behind the BTTF trilogy. Apparently Bobby Z is a big fan of the "Canadian Tuxedo", jean jacket + matching jeans. Hideous.2) We went for pizza tonight with some friends, whose 5 year-old daughter hit on me with an unrelenting abandon that I've never before experienced. Jumping on my back, sitting in my lap, it was to the point where it was less cute and kind of uncomfortable. I think she even blew air in my ear at one point. :goodposting:And her 8 yo brother stared down my wife's shirt. Good times. Then I got my ### kicked at Street Fighter vs. Marvel Superheroes. It didn't seem like any of the old SF moves carried over.3) Whenever I need to sleep, I imagine that I'm in some sort of WW1 trench-style warfare. Puts me down like a baby.

When i "worked" the Absolut Bar for a TV production, we had great success with 'Stage Coach' (named after the color of the drink coinciding with the color of the trucks transporting equipment);1 part Absolut Citron 1 part Absolut Tangerine2 parts OJlemon juice (1/2 lemon)2 ice cubesmix together with a drink mixer until the OJ has a lot of air, almost like it's a foam, serve on crushed ice.Works well with ladies of doubtful morals.Since most don't have Absolut, just use any vodka, and add more fresh lemon juice and tangerine juice.
This sounds yummy. I'll have to play the part of a lady with doubtful morals, though, since I'm not trying to seduce any wimmens.
Well, actually, you are... it's part of your job as a good host/bartender. Keeps them coming back for more.oh, and please, please, please... don't buy the pre-mixed crap they sell in stores. It's so easy to make it yourself, and tastes so much better... (thinking Margerita and Bloody Mary primarily) ETA: I'm sure some people think the above is snobbish, but I have always prefered to know what I put in something I drink myself, or give to others. The mixes tend to have a bunch of additives and artificial flavors... :goodposting:

Hi.I'm still at work. I hate Q4 and I hate all of you.Although I'm having a few beers with my boss. But I get to be back here in 8 hours because our dock workers feel that triple-time tomorrow isn't worth coming in for 6 hours. One quit on Tuesday and another quit today. Once I load a truck, I get to sit here for another 6 hours while I wait for another customer to be done. You eMMer eFFers better be around to help me get through the day
This emmer effer will be around during the day, except when I go to the gym. :notfoolinganybody:
I always liked you kev :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread