What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Post Season Contest (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure how you ever thought you would survive this week, unless you were counting on not much more than 4000 entering the contest. Last year, the cut was over 100 points. You only have 6 guys available this week and they are all K and D. I agree with your plan of stocking for the Super Bowl though. That is the only way to win this contest.
My goal was to win 1st place, not survive the first week.Having said that, I massively underestimated the number of entrants and the number of people who would front load their teams with wild card players.

I'm still making sure I've got all the staff entries scrubbed out.

UNOFFICIALLY, I think the cut should be between 92 and 93.

I'm not sure how you ever thought you would survive this week, unless you were counting on not much more than 4000 entering the contest. Last year, the cut was over 100 points. You only have 6 guys available this week and they are all K and D. I agree with your plan of stocking for the Super Bowl though. That is the only way to win this contest.
My goal was to win 1st place, not survive the first week.

Having said that, I massively underestimated the number of entrants and the number of people who would front load their teams with wild card players.
This is the toughest part for everyone im sure. At least it was for me. I wanted to just get by the first week while being loaded with players from the two teams who I think will be in the SB. Although i didnt quite neglect the first week as much as you did, i did the same thing last year, and was eliminated the first week. This year i happened to like two wild card teams to make it to the SB, so it was alot easier. Well, hopefully the dream i had that the Ravens beat the Packers in the SB comes true. Not sure where it came from, i dont even like the Ravens.

Doug, Just something to check. I have Garcon at 23.2 and on my team page here it shows 22.2. NFL.com has Garcon at 6/112/1 which by my count gives 6pts for receptions, 11.2 points for reception yards, and 6 for the TD. This adds up to 23.2.

I maybe looking at it wrong or just doing something stupid, but I wanted to point this out because I assume it will affect a few people.

Doug, Just something to check. I have Garcon at 23.2 and on my team page here it shows 22.2. NFL.com has Garcon at 6/112/1 which by my count gives 6pts for receptions, 11.2 points for reception yards, and 6 for the TD. This adds up to 23.2. I maybe looking at it wrong or just doing something stupid, but I wanted to point this out because I assume it will affect a few people.
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but everywhere I look I see 5 receptions for Garcon.

Doug, Just something to check. I have Garcon at 23.2 and on my team page here it shows 22.2. NFL.com has Garcon at 6/112/1 which by my count gives 6pts for receptions, 11.2 points for reception yards, and 6 for the TD. This adds up to 23.2. I maybe looking at it wrong or just doing something stupid, but I wanted to point this out because I assume it will affect a few people.
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but everywhere I look I see 5 receptions for Garcon.
Like I said, I may be "...doing something stupid...". Not sure what I was looking at from NFL.com, but I see 5 catches too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some contest related questions:

Does anyone know how to go back and see the prices of players from the original contest entry form?

I know this is probably being worked on as we speak, but last year Doug had a querier that allowed you to do some research on which teams had which combinations of players. Is there (or will there be) a link to this somewhere?

And finally, can someone confirm my belief that it's the D/ST that gets credit for a kick return TD? For example, if Devin Hester runs back a punt for a score, those 6 points are awarded to the Bears D/ST, not to Hester as an individual player.

TIA

Did this last Minute and think im good through next week:

Still Alive:

NE) Brady, Greene-Ellis, Branch

BALT) Flacco, Rice, Raven D

GB) Rodgers, Jennings, Quarles

SEA) Lynch, M williams

Lost:

R Bush, Vick, Jackson

Probably didnt spread it thin enough but fun to play no less. Hope for Falcons-Sea Championship and NE-Balt championship.

Mental note: Next year do not way overestimate the first week cut while filling out my lineup.
No kidding :goodposting: Though to be fair to myself, I don't think I spread it all that thin. Still with hindsight I totally woulda replaced Bush, Succop, Devery, and Garcon with a bunch more Falcons and Ravens...-QG

Did this last Minute and think im good through next week:Still Alive:NE) Brady, Greene-Ellis, BranchBALT) Flacco, Rice, Raven DGB) Rodgers, Jennings, QuarlesSEA) Lynch, M williamsLost:R Bush, Vick, JacksonProbably didnt spread it thin enough but fun to play no less. Hope for Falcons-Sea Championship and NE-Balt championship.
Problem with this team is it cannot win the whole thing. Best case scenario for you is a Pats/Packers SB. There will be a ton of teams left with the same players as you from those teams, plus alot more.

I'm a lame duck moving on now that Philly is gone. It's ashame because I got Flacco, Sanchez, and Hasselbeck through week 1. Probably a good chance that I advance next week too taking a spot from a legitimate contender to win this.

Did this last Minute and think im good through next week:Still Alive:NE) Brady, Greene-Ellis, BranchBALT) Flacco, Rice, Raven DGB) Rodgers, Jennings, QuarlesSEA) Lynch, M williamsLost:R Bush, Vick, JacksonProbably didnt spread it thin enough but fun to play no less. Hope for Falcons-Sea Championship and NE-Balt championship.
Problem with this team is it cannot win the whole thing. Best case scenario for you is a Pats/Packers SB. There will be a ton of teams left with the same players as you from those teams, plus alot more.
I don't know...there is a fine line with your "plus alot more" comment. Those teams have to get out of weeks 1 and 2 no matter how low the cut is. I might also have gone a bit too few with my 7 players for the Super Bowl, but you never know. I think 7-8 is a good number to have and sorta wish now I'd have tried to fit in 8 after seeing how week 1 worked out.Let's not forget the winning team last year had 10 players on IND/NO and he was ridculously lucky to get out of the 1st round:Peyton Manning $29 Donald Brown $9 Austin Collie $14 Pierre Garcon $13 Dallas Clark $26 Indianapolis Colts $9 Drew Brees $29 Reggie Bush $13 Robert Meachem $14 Garrett Hartley $11Note that you don't see Addai, Wayne, Pierre, Colston, Moore (was he healthy?), Henderson, Shockey, NO defense, and Stover. The teams directly behind this guy in the top 5 had 7 or 8 players. It's the combination, not only the quantity in the Super Bowl (although the quantity did help this guy win in this specific case).

Pats - Brady, BJGE, Branch, Gronk

Steelers - Ward

Colts - White - out

Chiefs - Moeaki - out

Ravens - Defense

Jets - Edwards, Brad Smith

Falcons - Finneran

Bears - Cutler

Eagles - none

Seahawks - Hasselbeck, Oabmanu

Saints - Bush - out

Packers - Rodgers, Starks, Jennings, Quarless, Defense

Banking on a final 4 of Pats/Steelers and Bears/Packers
Week 2 is going to be very interesting. I'm sure a lot of Brees teams will get through, and they probably eliminated some teams that went very heavy on double bye week Super Bowl teams. I picked Cutler for my roster specifically to get an edge in weeks 2 and 3 (I planned on the Bears beating the winner of the Saints-Seahawks game), but now it doesn't matter since I'd have Hasselbeck anyway. Anyway, now it is time to root on the Pats vs. Packers super bowl...and play around with the query machine when it comes out. Wheeeeeeeee.

I don't know...there is a fine line with your "plus alot more" comment. Those teams have to get out of weeks 1 and 2 no matter how low the cut is. I might also have gone a bit too few with my 7 players for the Super Bowl, but you never know. I think 7-8 is a good number to have and sorta wish now I'd have tried to fit in 8 after seeing how week 1 worked out.Let's not forget the winning team last year had 10 players on IND/NO and he was ridculously lucky to get out of the 1st round:Peyton Manning $29 Donald Brown $9 Austin Collie $14 Pierre Garcon $13 Dallas Clark $26 Indianapolis Colts $9 Drew Brees $29 Reggie Bush $13 Robert Meachem $14 Garrett Hartley $11Note that you don't see Addai, Wayne, Pierre, Colston, Moore (was he healthy?), Henderson, Shockey, NO defense, and Stover. The teams directly behind this guy in the top 5 had 7 or 8 players. It's the combination, not only the quantity in the Super Bowl (although the quantity did help this guy win in this specific case).
I dont think i can win either but if Sea faces off against NE or Balt I have a minimal chance..

I was the winner of last year's contest. And you're absolutely right; I was extremely lucky to get out of the 1st week. But it was the SB that I really lucked out on -- until a day or two before the deadline I had a Vikings - Colts SB. At the last minute I changed my mind and subbed in NO players. I basically picked up as many cheap guys as I could on both teams I thought were going to the SB. I made sure I had both QBs, but after that I went for quantity over quality. Then I worked backward with whatever I had left, doing the same for the wild card weekend: Guys like Shonn Greene and Early Doucet helped big time in the early going. I knew I couldn't afford the Larry Fitzgeralds of the world if I wanted to advance, they were just too expensive if I didn't think they were going far in the playoffs. So I spread it around and hoped for the best. Obviously there is a huge amount of luck in this. This year there didn't seem to be as many bargains so I picked a few expensive studs, and I'm not confident I have the right 2 teams heading into the SB anyway. I'll probably be out next week. But this is a terrific contest; you could waste weeks staring at the players and values and arguing with yourself whether they're worth it.

So here's what I've got for my team:

Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00

Mike Wallace $22 0.00

Peyton Manning $26 17.25

Pierre Garcon $15 22.20

Jamaal Charles $16 0.00

Ray Rice $20 0.00

Michael Turner $18 0.00

Michael Vick $34 0.00

LeSean McCoy $22 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Aaron Rodgers $29 0.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 83.35

CUTOFF 0.00

I see a lot of players that should have some points that show up with zeroes (Charles, Rice, Vick, McCoy, Rodgers). If you have players on a losing team, they should still get credit for their points for that week, correct? (I'm guessing yes, because I got points for Reggie Bush).

From what I can tell, my point total should be 163.75. Are these results still being processed? Where do I stand overall?

So here's what I've got for my team:Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00 Mike Wallace $22 0.00 Peyton Manning $26 17.25 Pierre Garcon $15 22.20 Jamaal Charles $16 0.00 Ray Rice $20 0.00 Michael Turner $18 0.00 Michael Vick $34 0.00 LeSean McCoy $22 0.00 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Reggie Bush $11 7.40 Aaron Rodgers $29 0.00 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL 83.35 CUTOFF 0.00 I see a lot of players that should have some points that show up with zeroes (Charles, Rice, Vick, McCoy, Rodgers). If you have players on a losing team, they should still get credit for their points for that week, correct? (I'm guessing yes, because I got points for Reggie Bush). Are these results still being processed? Where do I stand overall?
The scores shown are for the Saturday games only. Do not believe that Sunday's game scores have been listed.

Hasselbeck - 36.6

McCoy - 10.2

Bush - 7.4

Boldin - 17.4

Houshmanzadeh - 3.8

Cotchery - 3.7

Wayne - 1.1 :goodposting:

Jimmy Graham - 0 :lmao:

Mare - 12

Jets Defense - 1 :angry:

93.20 by my count...if that earlier estimate of 92-93 was correct, then I will JUST sneak by. Not happy about losing Wayne, Reggie Bush, Lesean McCoy, and Jimmy Graham...I missed the post about Graham being ruled out, so I basically just wasted those points...

It's the combination, not only the quantity in the Super Bowl.
That's what I was thinking. My strategy (which may well have been stupid, I didn't give it a whole lot of thought) was to, instead of loading up big dollars or big numbers on two teams, (a) spread my money out to make the early rounds less treacherous, and (b) try to find a cheap but unique combination that would at least ensure I was mathematically alive in the SB round.Money combo: Flacco, Rice, Housh, Dickson, Stallworth, Ravens D. That's only like 68 bucks I think. After next week (assuming I survive), I will be the only team left with that combo. So technically, if the Ravens and I both make it to the SB, I will have a chance. And there are a couple of different NFC scenarios (Seattle and Green Bay) that could make me highly unique. I won't be strong, but I will be unique.Granted, even if one of these scenarios comes to pass, it'll take a pretty freaky SB to get me the win (a couple of Stallworth/Dickson TD receptions in a game where the Ravens' D allows 75 total yards), but I felt like this gave me a balance between surviving the early rounds and having a chance in the SB.[No, of course I didn't look at the entries before submitting mine. Shame on you for thinking that :lmao: Seriously, I filled my entry out before the contest was even released to the public. Not like it matters anyway.]

159+ from the ones that counted. Stopped tallying up the Packers after Rodgers and Starks. I lose Tamme, Bush and Avant but add four options from the Patriots and two from the Bears next week so I'll count ten players as opposed to the nine I used this week. If the Pats, Ravens and Packers advance, I like my chances to get to the Super Bowl round with seven players counting during the conference championship games.Tom Brady $34 0.00 Danny Woodhead $14 0.00 Deion Branch $15 0.00 Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00 Jacob Tamme $18 12.10 Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00 Santonio Holmes $13 8.60 Devin Hester $8 0.00 Chicago Bears $10 0.00 Jason Avant $9 22.30 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Mike Williams $8 17.80 Reggie Bush $11 7.40 Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40 John Kuhn $6 0.00 James Starks $4 14.20 Donald Driver $10 0.00 Andrew Quarless $5 0.00 Mason Crosby $12 0.00 Green Bay Packers $9 0.00
Well here's a team I'll never beat, you did what I was after and did it better than me, well done!

159+ from the ones that counted. Stopped tallying up the Packers after Rodgers and Starks. I lose Tamme, Bush and Avant but add four options from the Patriots and two from the Bears next week so I'll count ten players as opposed to the nine I used this week. If the Pats, Ravens and Packers advance, I like my chances to get to the Super Bowl round with seven players counting during the conference championship games.Tom Brady $34 0.00 Danny Woodhead $14 0.00 Deion Branch $15 0.00 Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00 Jacob Tamme $18 12.10 Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00 Santonio Holmes $13 8.60 Devin Hester $8 0.00 Chicago Bears $10 0.00 Jason Avant $9 22.30 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Mike Williams $8 17.80 Reggie Bush $11 7.40 Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40 John Kuhn $6 0.00 James Starks $4 14.20 Donald Driver $10 0.00 Andrew Quarless $5 0.00 Mason Crosby $12 0.00 Green Bay Packers $9 0.00
Well here's a team I'll never beat, you did what I was after and did it better than me, well done!
So it would be Woodhead, Kuhn, Driver, Crosby versus BJGE and Jennings if it all goes down as we planned. Fun!

I was the winner of last year's contest. And you're absolutely right; I was extremely lucky to get out of the 1st week. But it was the SB that I really lucked out on -- until a day or two before the deadline I had a Vikings - Colts SB. At the last minute I changed my mind and subbed in NO players. I basically picked up as many cheap guys as I could on both teams I thought were going to the SB. I made sure I had both QBs, but after that I went for quantity over quality. Then I worked backward with whatever I had left, doing the same for the wild card weekend: Guys like Shonn Greene and Early Doucet helped big time in the early going. I knew I couldn't afford the Larry Fitzgeralds of the world if I wanted to advance, they were just too expensive if I didn't think they were going far in the playoffs. So I spread it around and hoped for the best. Obviously there is a huge amount of luck in this. This year there didn't seem to be as many bargains so I picked a few expensive studs, and I'm not confident I have the right 2 teams heading into the SB anyway. I'll probably be out next week. But this is a terrific contest; you could waste weeks staring at the players and values and arguing with yourself whether they're worth it.
Congrats on winning last year. I tried to use your team as a basis for my picks this year ... went ATL vs PIT, owning their Qb, Rb, and top Rb for each team. It appears I'll survive with basically Brees + Rodgers + Hass scoring for me plus a bit more from Jennings and Bush. Short of not going with NOS players, my one mistake in hindsight was I felt I needed more week 1 production and picked Bowe given this was a PPR. That $15 could have gone to Sanders and some deep Rb/Wr/Te types from ATL/PIT given his 0 may not cost me this week anyway. That said, I wonder how many have my exact 6 PIT/ATL players plus someone else from ATL/PIT so I think I've still got a shot with so many of my QB's alive this week too.

101.9 this week. Was a little scared, but in good shape to keep advancing. Only lost one guy. (Jimmy Graham) Forgot I had him and didn't realize he was out till is was too late. Have Pack and NE in super bowl, but seen a few teams in here that are better off than me with those two teams. So don't think I have much of a chance at winning unless those guys get knocked out.

Highest-scoring FBG staffer may be the most doomed:

Jeff PasquinoTom Brady $34 0.00 BenJarvus Green-Ellis $17 0.00 Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00 Matt Cassel $17 1.10 Ray Rice $20 18.40 Todd Heap $15 25.80 Michael Vick $34 28.90 LeSean McCoy $22 10.20 Jeremy Maclin $19 10.30 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Drew Brees $34 32.80 Reggie Bush $11 7.40 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL 161.20 CUTOFF 92.75
Only has Hasselbeck left in the NFC.

As others said, I would've liked to put more $ into my SB teams but I thought it would be too tight to make it to Rd 2. Not sure if 8 in the SB is enough but I wanted 8 decent quality scorers over adding scrubs to get to 10+. Hoping nobody covers me 100%, especially with Roddy White.

Thinking Ben throws it deep to Wallace or checks down to HMiller. Mendy and Turner will get their chances. Can't have Snelling break one. For Atl passing game, I figure Pit Def is strong there, so they will attempt to take Roddy out of the game, and force Jenkins and Gonzalez to beat them.

Wild card in the SB for me is whether my lack of K and Def helps or hinders. If Pit-Atl are in the SB, I may have a shot if my combo is unique.

Great fun either way. Thanks FBG and especially Doug for all the hard work on the contests. :thumbup:

Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00

Rashard Mendenhall $18 0.00

Mike Wallace $22 0.00

Heath Miller $11 0.00

Joseph Addai $16 6.00

Blair White $9 11.40

Joe Flacco $23 27.85

Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00

Matt Ryan $25 0.00

Michael Turner $18 0.00

Michael Jenkins $9 0.00

Tony Gonzalez $15 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40

John Kuhn $6 4.90

Andrew Quarless $5 5.70

-----------------------------------------

TOTAL 127.85

CUTOFF 92.75

As others said, I would've liked to put more $ into my SB teams but I thought it would be too tight to make it to Rd 2. Not sure if 8 in the SB is enough but I wanted 8 decent quality scorers over adding scrubs to get to 10+. Hoping nobody covers me 100%, especially with Roddy White. Thinking Ben throws it deep to Wallace or checks down to HMiller. Mendy and Turner will get their chances. Can't have Snelling break one. For Atl passing game, I figure Pit Def is strong there, so they will attempt to take Roddy out of the game, and force Jenkins and Gonzalez to beat them.Wild card in the SB for me is whether my lack of K and Def helps or hinders. If Pit-Atl are in the SB, I may have a shot if my combo is unique. Great fun either way. Thanks FBG and especially Doug for all the hard work on the contests. :wolf: #100301Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00 Rashard Mendenhall $18 0.00 Mike Wallace $22 0.00 Heath Miller $11 0.00 Joseph Addai $16 6.00 Blair White $9 11.40 Joe Flacco $23 27.85 Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00 Matt Ryan $25 0.00 Michael Turner $18 0.00 Michael Jenkins $9 0.00 Tony Gonzalez $15 0.00 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40 John Kuhn $6 4.90 Andrew Quarless $5 5.70 -----------------------------------------TOTAL 127.85 CUTOFF 92.75
Grrrr I hate this team! Only because he has the same SB as I do, but has Miller and Jenkins where I have Spaeth. At least I can hope for second place!

I am still alive even without the Hass which will hurt this week I believe, I was so counting on having Brees and Bush for the 2nd round.

I think that will be my demise who knew Seattle would win ?

I went for NE/GB superbowl with 6 players if I got there. 6 might not be enough to cash but I went for the high scoring ones.

Entry 102602

This entry is still alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Brady $34 0.00

BenJarvus Green-Ellis $17 0.00

Deion Branch $15 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00

Jacob Tamme $18 12.10

Ray Rice $20 18.40

Michael Vick $34 28.90

Drew Brees $34 32.80

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40

Greg Jennings $19 1.80

TOTAL 128.80

CUTOFF 92.75

Finished with 168.60 points. I initially had three high priced QBs on my squad. But the more I tweaked my roster, the more I realized that the QBs were really overpriced. My early rosters heavily favored New England and New Orleans - as I was certain they would be the Super Bowl teams. Obviously, that didn't work out for the Saints. While I still think that New England will win it all, this team at least gives me a shot if the Pats get knocked out.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Deion Branch

Rashard Mendenhall

Emmanuel Sanders

Dominic Rhodes

Pierre Garcon

Thomas Jones

Tony Moeaki

Willis McGahee

Baltimore Ravens

Braylon Edwards

Dustin Keller

Michael Turner

Michael Jenkins

Chester Taylor

Greg Olsen

DeSean Jackson

Matt Hasselbeck

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Bush

Jeremy Shockey

John Kuhn

Donald Driver

Donald Lee

Would love to see the breakdown by roster size :) Wonder if there was a 12-kicker guy :) Or a 60-player guy! :excited:

Also would be curious of the count of, say, teams with 4+ players from 2 teams (e.g. the Super Bowl breakdown) and what the most frequent combo is.

-QG

So it would be Woodhead, Kuhn, Driver, Crosby versus BJGE and Jennings if it all goes down as we planned. Fun!
I was thinking the same thing when you posted your team. Go Pats and Pack!

In 680th place this week, but very slim odds of advancing from here. I have only Ravens and Packers left, so I would need some truly epic performances.

Woohoo 50th, maybe i can improve on my 125th place regular season subscriber contest finish.

Julian Edelman $2 0.00

Emmanuel Sanders $7 0.00

Peyton Manning $26 17.25

Pierre Garcon $15 22.20

Joe Flacco $23 27.85

Ray Rice $20 18.40

T.J. Houshmandzadeh $7 3.80

Ed Dickson $4 1.70

Billy Cundiff $11 12.00

Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00

Chester Taylor $5 0.00

Robbie Gould $11 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Olindo Mare $6 12.00

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Garrett Hartley $13 12.00

Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40

James Starks $4 14.20

Greg Jennings $19 1.80

Mason Crosby $12 3.00

Green Bay Packers $9 5.00

TOTAL 195.20

CUTOFF 92.75

#100301Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00 Rashard Mendenhall $18 0.00 Mike Wallace $22 0.00 Heath Miller $11 0.00 Joseph Addai $16 6.00 Blair White $9 11.40 Joe Flacco $23 27.85 Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00 Matt Ryan $25 0.00 Michael Turner $18 0.00 Michael Jenkins $9 0.00 Tony Gonzalez $15 0.00 Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50 Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40 John Kuhn $6 4.90 Andrew Quarless $5 5.70 -----------------------------------------TOTAL 127.85 CUTOFF 92.75
Ugh you've got me dominated on PIT/ATL for sure as I went Brees whereas you took more ATl/PIT guys and took less expensive week 1 options although I did go Roddy White. If those end up the Superbowl teams I see almost no way you get eliminated and don't place.

I have a semi-junk entry... good enough to get through Round 1 - but need a blizzard or Jets smackdown of the Pats to get me through to round 2...

Packers

Rodgers, Jackson, Kuhn, Jennings, Jones, Driver, Lee, Defense (but no Starks - doh!)

Ravens

Flacco, Rice, McClain, Boldin, Mason, Housh, Dickson (and no Heep)

Jets

Keller, Folk

Bears

Clark

Gone

Tamme, Hartley, Celek

Had 9 scorers last week, ended up at 128.65

Will have only 7 scorers this week though -

I have a semi-junk entry... good enough to get through Round 1 - but need a blizzard or Jets smackdown of the Pats to get me through to round 2...PackersRodgers, Jackson, Kuhn, Jennings, Jones, Driver, Lee, Defense (but no Starks - doh!)RavensFlacco, Rice, McClain, Boldin, Mason, Housh, Dickson (and no Heep)JetsKeller, FolkBearsClarkGoneTamme, Hartley, CelekHad 9 scorers last week, ended up at 128.65Will have only 7 scorers this week though -
I hope you get eliminated before the SB, you stocked up on my same two teams, except you did it better.

I focused on just trying to get to the Superbowl round were I can still have a few high priced players going. I think the cut from 2,000 to 1,000 will be very unforgiving so I tried to get two players from each team in how I envisioned the Conference Finals:

NE v. Bal or Pit and GB v. NO ( but at least I have one Chi Bear as a hedge). If I can get those matchups, I'll have 7 scorers in the cut from 2,000 to 1,000 and have to hope that teams that have me "outgunned" on NE and GB lose in that round before ever reaching the superbowl. Assuming I can get to the Superbowl with Pats v. GB, I'll then have 5 studs that I have to hope can carry the day.

My team:

Tom Brady $34

BenJarvus Green-Ellis $17

Deion Branch $15

Ben Roethlisberger $28

Rashard Mendenhall $18

Ray Rice $20

Anquan Boldin $16

Desmond Clark $2

Drew Brees $34

Robert Meachem $18

Aaron Rodgers $29