What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Can we stop with the argument that Derrick Rose's surrounding cast is like Cleveland's with LeBron. If LeBron had this team around him, he'd still be in Cleveland and would be working on one for his thumb this year. Derrick Rose will win a couple rings if they keep this group together and they'll be fighting with the Heat for then next 5 at least.

Can we stop with the argument that Derrick Rose's surrounding cast is like Cleveland's with LeBron. If LeBron had this team around him, he'd still be in Cleveland and would be working on one for his thumb this year. Derrick Rose will win a couple rings if they keep this group together and they'll be fighting with the Heat for then next 5 at least.
He has the best two teammates in the league on his team right now. What more do you want?

just got back from the game 20 min ago.....oh my god i feel like i just came back from a concert my hearing needs to adjust.

and taj gibson posters should be selling out all over chicago shortly

He has the best two teammates in the league on his team right now. What more do you want?
Um... did I say anything about LeBron in Miami. Chill out about LeBron. Even if he wins this year, you can still play with your Kobe doll. I was alluding to people earlier in the thread people comparing Chicago this year to Cleveland with LeBron. This Chicago team is in a whole different stratosphere than that Cleveland team. Chicago and Miami will be battling every year in the ECF if they stay together and both cities will likely end up with multiple rings.

Who was saying Chicago has a bad supporting cast?

FYI, that Luol Deng interview after the game was great. Guy is amazingly humble. Even after shutting LeBron down tonight, he contributes it to a poor game by LeBron more than anything he did. Most guys would be banging their chests after a defensive effort like that. I'm a fan. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was saying Chicago has a bad supporting cast?
It was during the MVP argument earlier on. Maybe it was another thread, but if you really want me to go back and find some of the posts, then I surely will.

Barkley just now :lmao:

"you still owe me 40 acres and a mule. You know Ernie you still owe 3 brothers 40 acres and a mule, but just give me a Lexus and 10 acres and we'll call it even"

CWebb almost fell out of his chair.

I was alluding to people earlier in the thread people comparing Chicago this year to Cleveland with LeBron. This Chicago team is in a whole different stratosphere than that Cleveland team.
How so?

I was alluding to people earlier in the thread people comparing Chicago this year to Cleveland with LeBron. This Chicago team is in a whole different stratosphere than that Cleveland team.
How so?
The bulls have more then one NBA caliber player, for example.

Can we all make a pact to not participate in any of MPL's foolish fishing trips? The guy is so annoying he ruins every basketball thread.

How so?
Lebron's Cavs had only one NBA caliber player yet finished with a better record than LeBron with the two best teammates in the league. :mellow:

Take care of the ball. :thumbup: 9 turnovers

Dominate the glass :thumbup: Bulls grabbed offensive rebounds at a 41% clip (Heat at 19%)

Taj Gibson shows up on both ends. :thumbup: 9 pts 7 reb 2 blks Tremendous defense

Make James and Wade work for their points :thumbup: 33 points on 32 shots

Aside from the glass work, the most glaring difference in the game was the amount of open shots for each team. The Heat just didn't get open shots.

Impressive. But James and Wade are still capable of carrying this team to victory and the Miami bench can make a difference from behind the arc. It is only one game.

How so?
Lebron's Cavs had only one NBA caliber player yet finished with a better record than LeBron with the two best teammates in the league. :mellow:
What's your point?

How so?
The best defense in the NBA and the best collection of big men in the NBA (I favor them over the Lakers now). The fact is that the Bulls surround Rose with a better team than the Heat do James. The Heat have the two big names helping James but size kills in the NBA and the Heat throw out Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire for 41 combined minutes. The Bulls have at minimum 3 of the 4 best big men in this series and it could be argued they have 5 of the best 6.

How so?
What's your point?
Just pointing out the brilliant FFA basketball logic on display as usual.

How so?
What's your point?
Just pointing out the brilliant FFA basketball logic on display as usual.
What was said that you are refuting?

The best defense in the NBA and the best collection of big men in the NBA (I favor them over the Lakers now). The fact is that the Bulls surround Rose with a better team than the Heat do James. The Heat have the two big names helping James but size kills in the NBA and the Heat throw out Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire for 41 combined minutes. The Bulls have at minimum 3 of the 4 best big men in this series and it could be argued they have 5 of the best 6.
You just compared to the Heat to the Bulls instead of the Cavs and the Bulls. The Cavs surrounded LeBron with great defensive teammates, great shooters and great size.

You just compared to the Heat to the Bulls instead of the Cavs and the Bulls. The Cavs surrounded LeBron with great defensive teammates, great shooters and great size.
The Heat/Bulls supporting casts were on my mind but the comparison holds with the Cavs. The Bulls were the #1 defense and the #1 rebounding team in the league. The Cavs were a good to very good defensive team and an above average to good rebounding team. And the Cavs did have Varejao but just like in comparison to the Heat the deep collection of size would overwhelm the Cavs.

What a shock that MRPL is in here trolling like crazy after one Heat loss, while he was nowhere to be found last week after the Lakers got swept :lmao:

The Heat/Bulls supporting casts were on my mind but the comparison holds with the Cavs. The Bulls were the #1 defense and the #1 rebounding team in the league. The Cavs were a good to very good defensive team and an above average to good rebounding team. And the Cavs did have Varejao but just like in comparison to the Heat the deep collection of size would overwhelm the Cavs.
Shaq? Z? Ben Wallace? They were just as big. Their bigs outplayed the Lakers bigs everytime the Lakers lost to the Cavs. 2010 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 6th in DEF Rating2009 Cavs 9th in DRB% 3rd in DEF Rating2008 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 11th in DEF Rating2007 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 4th in DEF Rating

Shaq? Z? Ben Wallace? They were just as big. Their bigs outplayed the Lakers bigs everytime they lost to them. 2010 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 6th in DEF Rating2009 Cavs 9th in DRB% 3rd in DEF Rating2008 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 11th in DEF Rating2007 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 4th in DEF Rating
Please stop. Look at the ORB% for the Cavs. Bulls were #1 in DEF Rating, #4 in ORB%, and #2 in DRB% resulting in the #1 rebounding team in the league. The Cavs were very good at both. The Bulls are the best at both.

Shaq? Z? Ben Wallace? They were just as big. Their bigs outplayed the Lakers bigs everytime they lost to them. 2010 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 6th in DEF Rating2009 Cavs 9th in DRB% 3rd in DEF Rating2008 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 11th in DEF Rating2007 Cavs 2nd in DRB% 4th in DEF Rating
Please stop. Look at the ORB% for the Cavs. Bulls were #1 in DEF Rating, #4 in ORB%, and #2 in DRB% resulting in the #1 rebounding team in the league. The Cavs were very good at both. The Bulls are the best at both.
Over 4 seasons I doubt any team from 2007-2010 was better at defense and rebounding than the Cavs :shrug: .

This is the first time since Dec 1 that neither LeBron James or Dwyane Wade scored 20 points.LeBron James 4 free throws is the fewest he has attempted in his last 45 Playoff games dating back to 2008.Noah: "Overall, we can still do better. There are areas of the game we’ll be able to look at tomorrow and make improvements."

RealSkipBayless Skip BaylessAt this rate, they'll rename the House that Michael Built ... the Taj Mahal.
THE_Dan_Patrick Dan PatrickI'm still trying to figure how much the Heat paid for those facials...

I think this Bulls team is probably better defensively than any of those Cavs teams, but most all of those Cavs teams were better offensively than these Bulls. The teams are similarlybuilt. This Bulls team is better coached and is also fortunate having to deal with the hungry Celtics crew from a couple years ago.

Over 4 seasons I doubt any team from 2007-2010 was better at defense and rebounding than the Cavs :shrug: .
largely bc of labron. and mike brown.anyway, i tend to agree with your intimations. labron didnt get it done. he cant blame his cast at this point. he put up a stink job similar to the 2010 boston series. series aint over tho.

I don't think that being a Lakers fan means you have to trash LeBron. I really don't get that. I love LeBron; I consider him the best player in the NBA. He has not won a championship yet because he has not been on the best team in the NBA. This is the best team he's ever been on but it's still not the best team in the NBA, so he probably won't win it this year, either. And he may never win a ring, because there's only so much you can control. But that doesn't make him not the best player in basketball. Any argument ranking a player which is based on rings or playoff success is pretty dumb IMO.

imo, its questionable that this team is better than the last few years cavs teams. many metrics disagree, simple and advanced.

im the rarest of birds, a lifelong cavs fan and still a labron fan. im finally relenting to the consensus that he may actually not be the transcendent player he was pegged. in general, i hate the clutch choker argument but the evidence is mounting to the extent i am tempted.

This year, Rose accounted for 20.8% of the Bulls win shares. In his last four year with the Cavs, James accounted for 26.1%, 35.4%, 29.9%, and 30.6% of the Cavs win shares. There is no question that James 07-10 is a better player than Rose 11. There is also no question IMO that Rose has a significantly better team around him then James in Cleveland.

This year, Rose accounted for 20.8% of the Bulls win shares. In his last four year with the Cavs, James accounted for 26.1%, 35.4%, 29.9%, and 30.6% of the Cavs win shares. There is no question that James 07-10 is a better player than Rose 11. There is also no question IMO that Rose has a significantly better team around him then James in Cleveland.
Rose is a leader, unlike James

I don't think that being a Lakers fan means you have to trash LeBron. I really don't get that. I love LeBron; I consider him the best player in the NBA. He has not won a championship yet because he has not been on the best team in the NBA. This is the best team he's ever been on but it's still not the best team in the NBA, so he probably won't win it this year, either. And he may never win a ring, because there's only so much you can control. But that doesn't make him not the best player in basketball. Any argument ranking a player which is based on rings or playoff success is pretty dumb IMO.
Lakers fan don't need to trash LeBron. It's just the Kobe slobbers who will go to any length to prop up their love interest, even so far as denigrating their own Lakers, past and present.

:rolleyes: Why are Bulls fans trying to fill the shoes of Lakers fans? Can't you just let the rest of us who don't have good teams cheer on your guys, or does having a good team to root for turn people into Mr. PL?

Noah played out of his mind and wade/lebron played crappy. Anyone who thinks this is going to be a cake walk for the bulls is out of their minds.

:rolleyes: Why are Bulls fans trying to fill the shoes of Lakers fans? Can't you just let the rest of us who don't have good teams cheer on your guys, or does having a good team to root for turn people into Mr. PL?
Huh? This is about leadership. Rose has it, LeBron doesn't want it.

Noah played out of his mind and wade/lebron played crappy. Anyone who thinks this is going to be a cake walk for the bulls is out of their minds.
How did Noah play out of his mind?
Did you watch the same game? First, 14 boards is alot of boards. But beyond the stats, he was everywhere. Diving, hustling, tipped balls, boxing outing. His hustle ignited the bulls. I thought his intensity would last one quarter boy was I wrong. The guy has a legit motor.

9 and 14?
Dude scored 9 pts by going 4/14, when he shoots over 50% for the season.He grabbed 14 rebounds, but he averages 10 a season playing against teams with better rebounding frontcourts than the Heat.Noah did what he always does, play excellent defense and crash the boards. Good luck if you're a Heat fan counting on Noah playing WORSE. He can actually play better.

Huh? This is about leadership. Rose has it, LeBron doesn't want it.
James led a far weaker supporting cast to the NBA Finals. Maybe wait until Rose leads his far, far stronger group at least as far as James before making silly generalizations about them? At least at that point it would just be a silly generalization and not a demonstrably false one.I have no idea who is a more effective leader. Neither do you. But I suspect it's all a bunch of nonsense and the better "leader" is the guy who does more to help his team win, in which case it's James. These guys are professional athletes in the playoffs- if they needed a leader to convince them to work hard they wouldn't be there in the first place.

Did you watch the same game? First, 14 boards is alot of boards. But beyond the stats, he was everywhere. Diving, hustling, tipped balls, boxing outing. His hustle ignited the bulls. I thought his intensity would last one quarter boy was I wrong. The guy has a legit motor.
Have you ever seen Noah play before? All that is nothing new.

9 and 14?
Dude scored 9 pts by going 4/14, when he shoots over 50% for the season.He grabbed 14 rebounds, but he averages 10 a season playing against teams with better rebounding frontcourts than the Heat.Noah did what he always does, play excellent defense and crash the boards. Good luck if you're a Heat fan counting on Noah playing WORSE. He can actually play better.
His boxing out, tips, hustle plays and boards >>> than his scoring. If he plays like last night the Heat are in trouble because they have one to counter that intensity and hustle.

Users who are viewing this thread