What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

I'm so lost when you guys talk about music acts. Somebody PM me if you get around to Led Zeppelin, Jefferson Airplane, REO Speedwagon etc.

Never heard of Cowboy Mouth either.
If you didn't live in Texas, Louisiana or Mississippi, you probably missed them.
Nope. Dodged all three of those bullets.
Yeah, you certainly made out landing in Bakersfield.
Bakersfield: Suck it, Modesto!
I went to college with a guy from Merced. He said growing up they wished they could move to Modesto.
:thumbup: One of my old roommates actually moved to Bakersfield to attend junior college.

I stayed in Bakersfield for 3 nights back in 1996 to attend the Tulare Ag Show. :mellow:
Well that's your problem. You were like 60 miles away. Who was your travel agent? Ray Charles?
Pretty sure the agent advised me to stay in Bakersfield for safety reasons, not to mention their massive airport facilities.
But you have to admit the Ag-Expo was pretty impressive.
Yeah, as if I wasn't out of water enough in Bakersfield, they stuck me square in the middle of this thing and had me talk tractors with strangers. I felt like Doug Llewelyn introducing Nirvana.

I stayed in Bakersfield for 3 nights back in 1996 to attend the Tulare Ag Show. :mellow:
Well that's your problem. You were like 60 miles away. Who was your travel agent? Ray Charles?
Pretty sure the agent advised me to stay in Bakersfield for safety reasons, not to mention their massive airport facilities.
Yeah, as if I wasn't out of water enough in Bakersfield, they stuck me square in the middle of this thing and had me talk tractors with strangers. I felt like Doug Llewelyn introducing Nirvana.
:lmao: What the crap.

:lmao:

This seems kind of obvious, but that was a really great album. Production was too shiny IMO, but those songs were really good.Durr, right?

They should have gone with Albini

I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to think of one Better than Ezra song. I thought I had it with "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but it turns out that was by the aforementioned Deep Blue Something

:lmao:

I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to think of one Better than Ezra song. I thought I had it with "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but it turns out that was by the aforementioned Deep Blue Something
Good, Desperately Wanting, Closer, Misunderstood, A Lifetime (my favorite), Juicy (bleh), etc.

Good, Desperately Wanting, Closer, Misunderstood, A Lifetime (my favorite), Juicy (bleh), etc.
None of those rings any kind of a bell. Seriously.ETA: Just looked up "Good". I want to set my ears on fire now.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Keys Myaths said:
'Disco Stu said:
'Keys Myaths said:
'Disco Stu said:
Throwing one of my buddies under the bus... here are his favorite bands:Better Than Ezra
My favorite band.What of it? :)
That's his favorite band too. Seems... odd. :mellow:
:shrug: It's probably my rebellion from not being invited to Party Barge 7.
I'll pull some strings and get you on the invite list. Should be early June 2013. :thumbup:And you two probably graduated high school in 2000 or 2001, so it makes some sense you like the same band. They were popular during your impressionable teen years.

Geffen prepared an alternate cover without the penis, as they were afraid that it would offend people, but relented when Cobain made it clear that the only compromise he would accept was a sticker covering the penis that would say, "If you're offended by this, you must be a closet pedophile."
I was just at the Nirvana exhibit at the Experience Music Project on Sunday, and they have the original copy of the photo with the handwritten note, "If anyone has a problem with his ####, we can remove it. We can take out the pool bottom and just make it blue water."

link

Geffen prepared an alternate cover without the penis, as they were afraid that it would offend people, but relented when Cobain made it clear that the only compromise he would accept was a sticker covering the penis that would say, "If you're offended by this, you must be a closet pedophile."
I was just at the Nirvana exhibit at the Experience Music Project on Sunday, and they have the original copy of the photo with the handwritten note, "If anyone has a problem with his ####, we can remove it. We can take out the pool bottom and just make it blue water."

link
“Everyone out there in the world has seen my penis already, my baby penis.”

link
“Everyone out there in the world has seen my penis already, my baby penis.”
:lmao: If that was me I'd just walk around with my mule hanging out all day.

I was searching to see if there were any Better than Ezra songs I know (there aren't). When I accidentally ran into Hooters--All You Zombies, with one of the worst/most absurd lyrics ever--"Yeah they were the Israelites!"

Woke up to a nightmare a little while ago. Nuclear holocaust. I was in a remote place with others but we found out about the first missile while it was still in the air. Can't remember where it came from exactly. But all hell broke lose when a second one from that same country headed towards Japan and, while missing its big city target, still did the trick. Japan launched theirs immediately and the dominoes began to fall. The sky started lighting up and we all knew it was over. I started roaming around and stuff...got sidetracked by taking a friend's dog to play in a river, but then had to help it out of there for him. This had nothing to do with the canine, but also ended up having to get out of an area in this rushing river where I was starting to get trapped by rising water (deep fear of mine, drowning/suffocation). But I pulled it off and after that I'm kind of on a path in this field with a few others, crossing it, just below a fence. We round the fence and start to go uphill. I come up on this one chick who was smoking the end of a doobie. Some guy had shared it with her, but she was not really hitting it. I kinda hinted to her about taking a bigger rip but she took that to mean I wanted some, which I didn't. Anyway, bizarre and a bit unnerving. Can't believe I didn't want any.

:popcorn:

I would rather do it with any of you than Natalie Merchant. Not that there's anything particularly unattractive about her, but she's so bland and dull and milquetoast. I imagine her bush looks like a shrub in the dead of winter.
Yeah, she's pretty homely. I do like some of her music, though. Sorry.Actually saw 10,000 Maniacs with World Party in 1992 and enjoyed it. :bag:
I just lost a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DP in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)

I would rather do it with any of you than Natalie Merchant. Not that there's anything particularly unattractive about her, but she's so bland and dull and milquetoast. I imagine her bush looks like a shrub in the dead of winter.
Yeah, she's pretty homely. I do like some of her music, though. Sorry.Actually saw 10,000 Maniacs with World Party in 1992 and enjoyed it. :bag:
I just a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DH in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
Write him about your stomach issues and let him know he can help a fan with a medical issue. Call it the Make a Swish Foundation or something.

Anybody remember The Samples? Love them. Playing in Chicago at Lincoln Hall on September 30th. Should be a great show.

I just a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DH in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
Write him about your stomach issues and let him know he can help a fan with a medical issue. Call it the Make a Swish Foundation or something.
Only magic fingers can cure my disease...

I just lost a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DP in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
Rollins is always so hit-and-miss for me. I've found the Rollins Band to be just too overwrought and wanky for my tastes. But I think he's a really interesting cat in interviews/spoken word.I liked State of Alert. :shrug:

Rollins is always so hit-and-miss for me. I've found the Rollins Band to be just too overwrought and wanky for my tastes. But I think he's a really interesting cat in interviews/spoken word.I liked State of Alert. :shrug:
Agree. He's one of the worst singers, but he can write decent lyrics now and then and when the band came together, he produced an ok song or two. End of Silence was a 'decent' album. I dig spoken words too. Been to a few. Took one of my classes to one. Got some pics and chat time with the guy. He's very edgy and hard but nice and accessible at the same time. I know that doesn't make sense, but there it is.ETA: he does put on a kick a@@ live show though. Or he did before he hung up the gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread