What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

GMTANFBG Twitter feed:

Girl in green - yes please. :thumbup:

Girl licking >>> than girl being licked

Yes, guy in the 4th thread, I will have a drink with you

5 beers and 2 shots last night. I'm getting too old to do that on a school night. Sorry about the comedy club ramblings. 300 people in the place, over half of them from India due to the headliner. Tough crowd. Great ending as the headliner went one on one with a black lady in the audience about Curry Chicken vs. Chicken Curry. All I could think about is how much funnier it would have been had it been Crock Pot Chicken.

What with Guster, Homer and Zooks' exploits...and hell, even offdee with his Canadian girlfriend, I'm starting to feel a little 'grass is greener' envy even in spite of my current workout motivation program.
So, I have to ask. You've already worked out 20 days this month, right?
I think I'm 11/13 and have collected on 9 thus far.
You know I work in collections, right? :rollsupsleeves:
l;mao

Does anyone else have a problem with people bringing in their kids' fundraising forms to work? At least twice a month I get an email "Le-a Von Lazy is selling pizzas for her underwater field hockey team. If we reach $27,000, we get a new puck! Sign up is in the break room"My parents never did this. My dad always said that if I wanted to sell something for a fundraiser, I had to ask the people myself. I hated it then, but understand it now. I would buy a lot of good ####, but pass on it because the kid doesn't/can't ask me. Am I jerk for that?I was talking with my GB about this a while back and he agreed. His 6 year old daughter is just now in Girl Scouts and it's cookie time. He had her call me up tonight to ask if I wanted any. She went through the entire list, told me what they cost and told me when money was due and when delivery would be. After I bought more boxes than I should have, she thanked me and asked when I could come over again with our dog to play with their dog.Good parenting and well adjusted kids are still out there :thumbup:
:goodposting:

My wife is mad at me because I don't understand why she would want to make her own butter. That is not a euphemism.

She saw a recipe for it and thinks it would be a good idea.

Me: Why not just buy butter?

Her: Maybe it's cheaper.

Me: Butter isn't expensive enough to justify making your own.

Her: Maybe it tastes better.

Me: Store-bought butter tastes good enough.

Her: Why do I try to talk to you?

Me: Sorry, Laura Ingalls. I just don't get it.
Mr. krista was once offended for about 24 hours when I suggested we buy mayonnaise. :shrug: That said, butter is too much of a pain to make yourself. We buy fresh from a local raw milk purveyor, and it really does make a huge difference in taste, though.
Making butter is easy, stupid, significantly more expensive and insufficiently extra-delicious to justify the additional pain in the balls. However: If you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer you can make butter by putting some heavy cream in the bowl, then beating it mercilessly for about 6 or 8 minutes with with the whisk attachment. The cream will thicken up fairly quickly. After a few minutes of whipping, you will have a very thick whipped cream. A few more minutes later and the milk solids will coagulate and separate from the liquid--you will notice this because pale, watery buttermilk will suddenly fly from the whisk and all over your counter and kitchen walls. Good idea then to turn off the mixer. In your mixing bowl, there will be a lump of butter amid an inch or so of buttermilk. Then you get to remove the butter from the bowl and squeeze it under cool running water until all of the butter milk is gone. (Excess milk will cause even quicker spoilage--rancid butter is horrid.)Then wrap the thing in wax paper and plastic wrap and BLAM! You've got yourself some butter that tastes pretty much exactly like the butter you get in in a grocery store. The only difference is that the commercial butter comes pre-wrapped, requires no whisking or wall-cleaning or mixer-washing, has a significantly longer shelf-life (commercial equipment can remove the perfect amount of moisture--the fat:solid:liquid ratio is always the same) and is way, way cheaper. (Two quarts of heavy cream will yield about a pound of butter. In most groceries, heavy cream costs about $4 per quart. Butter costs $4 p/lb.)

Caveat: the unpasteurized raw milk that we buy here in the summer (at $5 per quart!) makes frightfully good butter and, happily, the farmers that sell us the milk also sell us the butter. If they didn't make butter, I would probably make $12p/# butter and keep it in the freezer until the day I finally break down and eat the whole mess of it with a spoon.

Another caveat: Euro-style cultured butter is difficult to find around here (if not impossible) and totally delicious. If I knew the first thing about making it, I would totally do that.
Yeah....thanks.

Anyone else head reading, My American Unhappiness? I am really enjoying this novel and I think quite a few of you have it as well.

I received a mysterious package of brownies yesterday. Not only were they delicious, but they significantly improved my mood the rest of the day, Thanks so much to a Canadian of questionable sanity.

They are being safely stored out of reach of the cosdogs.

I have two AMC movie passes along with two coupons for a free large fountain drink. Problem is, there are no AMCs in Tennessee. If someone would like these, let me know and PM me an address. The passes don't expire, but the coupons for the cokes expire January 31st.

I have two AMC movie passes along with two coupons for a free large fountain drink. Problem is, there are no AMCs in Tennessee. If someone would like these, let me know and PM me an address. The passes don't expire, but the coupons for the cokes expire January 31st.
What about SC?

What about SC?
One in Columbia, but not Greenville. :(Tickets have been claimed.

What about SC?
What about the Cokes?

These tales of sexual conquest sure make me appreciate being married. I managed a solid seven hours of sleep last night and was actually early for my 8 a.m.

So suck it, Guster.

These tales of sexual conquest sure make me appreciate being married. I managed a solid seven hours of sleep last night and was actually early for my 8 a.m.So suck it, Guster.
:lmao: :goodposting: Although, I'm in such a better mood today thanks to my first sleep of the week thanks to a couple of whiskeys.Anyhow, somebody with the initials D.M. is following me on Twitter? There is a password to tweet to the gmtan? So confused.

can someone explain the dryer sheet schtick to me? I obviously missed something and now I saw it pop up in the offdee thread.
It all relates back to offdee's thread about the hot blonde, meeting her at teh washer/dryer, and some comments that came from that. It's barely funny if you know the whole backstory. Don't lost sleep.

What about SC?
There are a couple in Tampa. 1 is a dump and the other one is in a sucky mall. Are there any good movies playing right now?

I received a mysterious package of brownies yesterday. Not only were they delicious, but they significantly improved my mood the rest of the day, Thanks so much to a Canadian of questionable sanity.They are being safely stored out of reach of the cosdogs.
I'm glad I could help not killing your dogs. :thumbup:
wait...you are shipping these now???
Those were the leftovers from the Secret Santa batch. I offered to send them to GM, he redirected me to cos. Sorry, GB.

I received a mysterious package of brownies yesterday. Not only were they delicious, but they significantly improved my mood the rest of the day, Thanks so much to a Canadian of questionable sanity.They are being safely stored out of reach of the cosdogs.
I'm glad I could help not killing your dogs. :thumbup:
wait...you are shipping these now???
Those were the leftovers from the Secret Santa batch. I offered to send them to GM, he redirected me to cos. Sorry, GB.
:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

These tales of sexual conquest sure make me appreciate being married. I managed a solid seven hours of sleep last night and was actually early for my 8 a.m.So suck it, Guster.
:lmao: :goodposting: Although, I'm in such a better mood today thanks to my first sleep of the week thanks to a couple of whiskeys.Anyhow, somebody with the initials D.M. is following me on Twitter? There is a password to tweet to the gmtan? So confused.
You have your own account, that we'll call @StLouisBob. The people that follow you can see what you "tweet". You can see "tweets" from the people that you follow. You are currently following @GMTANFBG. When someone who has the keys to the account tweets something, you will see it, because you are following that account.The password referenced in this thread is to be able to send out a tweet as @GMTANFBG, not @StLouisBob. Essentially @GMTANFBG is a shared twitter alias.

These tales of sexual conquest sure make me appreciate being married. I managed a solid seven hours of sleep last night and was actually early for my 8 a.m.

So suck it, Guster.
You have your own account, that we'll call @StLouisBob. The people that follow you can see what you "tweet". You can see "tweets" from the people that you follow. You are currently following @GMTANFBG. When someone who has the keys to the account tweets something, you will see it, because you are following that account.The password referenced in this thread is to be able to send out a tweet as @GMTANFBG, not @StLouisBob. Essentially @GMTANFBG is a shared twitter alias.
I'll take a PM with the PW & how to tweet as @GMTANFBG?

My link

Does anyone else have a problem with people bringing in their kids' fundraising forms to work?
It used to but it doesn't now. I've never personally done it though. That would be pretty lame. However, there is one chick that does it for her grand kids and that drives me crazy.
Some old guy came around yesterday selling what I am guessing is girl scout cookies for his granddaughter. Since we have our name placards in a highly visible place, he reads it and says to me "Hey Osaurus, do you want to buy some girl scout cookies"? I said no thank you and then he hit the other 48 people or so on my floor. Worse than door to door salespeople IMO. Don't those kids sell stuff themselves any more? I mean other than outside of every grocery store?/rant

So far today my wife got laid off and my car broke down and had to be towed.
Sorry GB. Isn't she doing some sort of side business making hats or something? Any chance this gives her more time to focus on that and she then becomes a Zillion-aire and then dumps for you for someone less ugly?Sorry about the car too.

So far today my wife got laid off and my car broke down and had to be towed.
Sorry GB. Isn't she doing some sort of side business making hats or something? Any chance this gives her more time to focus on that and she then becomes a Zillion-aire and then dumps for you for someone less ugly?Sorry about the car too.
Yes, I hope so, and I'd rather not get dumped but it's probably inevitable if/when she gets rich.

Is it really weird that I get an almost climax-like sensation from a good q-tipping? I mean, I can sit for 10 minutes with the thing buried in my ear. My eyes always roll back in my head and my tongue inevitably goes straight to the roof of my mouth. Almost nirvana.

I need help. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread