What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (4 Viewers)

Ref, don't celebrate yet, gb, hate that.Not a hockey guy so excuse me, but Kings, with a goal lead, are still -185 for the game. Guess they are pretty much conceding a goal on the finish of these penalties.
OK man - we got the under. Now lets go for the kill.

And BTW...

(GB Todd Bertuzzi and Jimmy Howard).
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: Not a much more comforting feeling than having the Wings when you're headed to a shootout.Outstanding goaltender and skill guys who are wizards with the puck.
The Wings looked to be in control for that game, but when Datsyuk lost his stick for a long shift and then they had to kill a 2-minute penalty in OT, I was pretty nervous.Seeing Datsyuk robbed also didn't give me many warm fuzzies.Fortunately, Gilbert Brule still sucks.

Does EVERY f##king NHL game I bet HAVE to go to a shootout??? I can't take much more of this....
it's pretty nerve wracking but that's kind of the point of gambling I guess. ties are boring.better to lose in a shootout than on an empty netter.
I would have had a better shot with an empty net in that shootout than with Quick.
Quick was like 12-1 or something stupid last year in shootouts, how things change in a year.

Does EVERY f##king NHL game I bet HAVE to go to a shootout??? I can't take much more of this....
it's pretty nerve wracking but that's kind of the point of gambling I guess. ties are boring.better to lose in a shootout than on an empty netter.
I would have had a better shot with an empty net in that shootout than with Quick.
:lmao: But you said Quick was on fire! You owe me a nickel.

:(

:D No worries, Utah 2nd half was :moneybag: . And Tomic is sending the last of the mohicans here a little dough, shortly. :banned:

:D No worries, Utah 2nd half was :moneybag: . And Tomic is sending the last of the mohicans here a little dough, shortly. :banned:
4th time is a charm? He lost to Dolgopolov three times already. The guy is in his head.Only reason Tomic is even favored is home crowd and talk of a minor groin injury for Dolg.

A ref in the Utah game tonight:

First, he calls an offensive foul when some dude is jostling with Dirk. Fine. Dirk's all frustrated and blatantly slaps the ball out of the Utah player's hand, tomahawk-style, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REFs (not our REF) FACE. No call. It was a clear-as-day technical. If say, WORLD PEACE pulls that, it's a T, and he's maybe even tossed. Not so with Dirk. So then stupid Watson, all pissed off, goes over to Dirk and tries to do the same thing :lmao: -- difference being that he didn't slap as hard as Dirk and jar it free.

The same ref then calls a T on Watson, for the exact same thing. This is all in a span of like 10 seconds.

On the following Utah possession, same ref calls another offensive foul, this time on Favors. Favors can't believe it and throws the ball towards the crowd on the baseline, underhanded. Definitely a T. And it's called. But then the ref, without hesitation, also throws him out of the game. It was nuts. It's a T. It's not an ejection, whatsoever. Reggie Miller couldn't believe it and kept saying as much.

Look, I don't know Utah well enough to know how key Favors was/is, I just know it was an absolutely biased ref, changing the face of the game, in a matter of seconds. It's why I don't watch much anymore.

Anyway, on the heels of that Giants/Packers bull####, I just shake my head. Is it best to occasionally play the side you think has favoritism, if you can ascertain as much? For example, the New England Patriots this weekend?

That wasn't really meant to be a segue, just ended up like that, but might as well go there while the beer is flowing...

ETA this is not to say I would play a team because of this ####, not at all, but I am thinking that I could see adjusting some, when I think it's shaping up as such. For example, I like NE already. So it makes me feel better about adding to it. No way they get screwed, I know that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
4th time is a charm? He lost to Dolgopolov three times already. The guy is in his head.Only reason Tomic is even favored is home crowd and talk of a minor groin injury for Dolg.
Not the only reason at all. Doppleganger comes off two 5-setters. And Tomic is 19, I don't care how many times Doppleganger has beat him, he's still improving. Doppleganger is 23, big difference in age for tennis. Tennis is loaded with instances of one (older) player beating a younger one time and again, only to have those table turn, for good. This #### is like dog years, foo!No better time for it to happen than here, in his own backyard, with a bunch of crazy, drunken Australians going bonkers for their countryman.

Showing the Clijsters match instead. Hantuchova is :wub: ... this is better than Cinemax.
Yeah, no doubt, but enough, I want to see what Tomic is doing. I am DEEP into the Pacifico right now.Oh, she's hurt. Please retire, babe, I don't want you to get more hurt.

Showing the Clijsters match instead. Hantuchova is :wub: ... this is better than Cinemax.
Yeah, no doubt, but enough, I want to see what Tomic is doing. I am DEEP into the Pacifico right now.Oh, she's hurt. Please retire, babe, I don't want you to get more hurt.
I didn't play it, but this is a fascinating match. Looks like your boy is gonna get schooled again.Hope I'm wrong. GL.

Jesus Christ , they just did a side-by-side split-screen shot of each girlfriend. :lmao: Both were smokin. Tennis dudes score.

Penguins -1 1/2 PL (1/2 Unit)-LOSS

2012 Posted Picks

CBB-36-23-1

NFL-3-0

NBA-5-5-1

CFB-1-0

NHL-4-2

illinois -3 and team total o63.59 day layoff, surely that is enough to get over the letdown off the big win vs. ohio statealso are on top (by themselves) of the big 10...and have played 4 one point games against each other since 2008...gotta think coach weber keeps them focused here
PSU +3 1.5u :eek: for me
2nd time (in a row, i think) we've squared off here :boxing:
If you continue to take public teams on the road in conference games on ESPN, it won't be the last time :)
you are correct...lol...nice call again! just wish i could get you to post 5 minutes before me next time :bag:

Colin cowherd is a clown but he said teams who score 38 or more points in a playoff game are 4-20 in their next game ATS over the past 9 or 10 years. The real question is why didn't just use the number 37 :shrug:

Colin cowherd is a clown but he said teams who score 38 or more points in a playoff game are 4-20 in their next game ATS over the past 9 or 10 years. The real question is why didn't just use the number 37 :shrug:
I never listen to his picks. He's a piece of ####.2 years ago he would do his college game picks on Friday.One weekend he went like 4-1 and didn't shut up about it all week. The following weekend he went 0-5 and got on the air Monday and as callers were harassing him he responded with "I only make picks because ESPN tells me to".He's a ####### #######

Colin Cowherd and Doug Gottlieb are the only 2 guys I like when it comes to picking games.

I like Scott Van Pelt as well, but the other two guys are money imo

I never listen to his picks. He's a piece of ####.2 years ago he would do his college game picks on Friday.One weekend he went like 4-1 and didn't shut up about it all week. The following weekend he went 0-5 and got on the air Monday and as callers were harassing him he responded with "I only make picks because ESPN tells me to".He's a ####### #######
Ya, my radio was left on ESPN from listening to the Lakers. I threw up a little in my mouth. He says one point, rehashes it 6 times, then cuts to 15 minutes of commercials.

Not a giants homer, but holding a few pro-giants tickets, so FWIW:

One thing I haven't seen anyone talking about is SF strength of schedule. Especially v. teams with good defense. The top 10 defenses they played: Balt, Pitt and Cin. They scored 6, 20 and 13 (and that MNF v. Pitt is somewhat of an outlier). Giants weren't a top 10 defense during the season, but they certainly are putting up better numbers now.

So, can SF put up 21+ on the Giants? Seems unlikely imo (22.5 is the line).

Not a giants homer, but holding a few pro-giants tickets, so FWIW:

One thing I haven't seen anyone talking about is SF strength of schedule. Especially v. teams with good defense. The top 10 defenses they played: Balt, Pitt and Cin. They scored 6, 20 and 13 (and that MNF v. Pitt is somewhat of an outlier). Giants weren't a top 10 defense during the season, but they certainly are putting up better numbers now.

So, can SF put up 21+ on the Giants? Seems unlikely imo (22.5 is the line).
I suppose technically Seattle and Cleveland count as top ten defenses. :bag:

Bruins U 31.5 2 units :thumbup: Tor O 29.5 1 unit (-120) :thumbup: Phil O 32.5 1 unit :thumbup: Cal U 28.5 1 unit :thumbup:
11-6 +4.8 Units.Looks like whoever is seting the lines is doing a slightly better job this year. Normaly we would be looking to Pound the Habs Under tonight but they set it at 28.5. I'll try and have any offical plays out in the next hour or so if we decide to place anything.

Doctor, I can't find your old reply but any of the hockey guys would you agree:

Best home teams this year -

Detroit, Boston, Chicago, Vancouver, Washington, st. Louis

Worst road teams -

Winnipeg, Columbus, Edmonton, Tampa bay, Calgary, Anaheim, Minnesota, buffalo

?

Blackhawks have been scoring at a good pace...last four home games, scoring 20 goals. The over is 5-0-1 in Florida's last six road games and they've lost five of those six.

Deciding between Hawks/Panthers o5.5 or the Blackhawks Puck line..lol

Penguins ML

Caps ML

NBA (Been cold here..lol)

Grizz -4 (-110)

Nuggs -6 (-130)

Debating Sixers..I know the Hawks are solid and have been undefeated without Horford but those were home games and they are a different team away. Sixers are great at home.

Users who are viewing this thread