What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (8 Viewers)

My wife and I have the first "baby appointment" on Friday. We got into a fight tonight about names. Apparently "Quinn" and "Mariska" are totally normal names that I should jump on board with. And 8-9 months to go. I can't wait.

My wife and I have the first "baby appointment" on Friday. We got into a fight tonight about names. Apparently "Quinn" and "Mariska" are totally normal names that I should jump on board with. And 8-9 months to go. I can't wait.
There is no such thing as a "normal" name these days. All I ask is that is it spelled right. Not "Kwin" or "Merishca".

Goshdang this bar I went to tonight sucked.

We started off at this Mexican restaurant for a friend's birthday. Then when we were trying to figure out where to go afterwards this big-mouth friend of my sister's suggested this Shamrocks place. It was doosh bag central. Dress code was black or gray with some sort of big/flat brimmed ballcap. It was like a Raider fan club meets Affliction outlet meets SAMCRO prospect circle jerk.

That's why I'm home before 11pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as a "normal" name these days. All I ask is that is it spelled right. Not "Kwin" or "Merishca".
That was my argument. Apparently "Quinn" needed an extra "y" in there. I think I have her settled on normal spellings. That said I might have a Le-a coming

Havent been this mad in a long time. Shaking right now. Everythings fine but ### #### it i hate some people.

Walking home i see a body in the middle of the road and a young guy trying to help. I assume they are both 21 year old drunks and jog up to presumably help get some whippersnapper out of the road. When i get there i see that it is a homeless man in the road. We get him to the sidewalk and ask him where he is going. He says where he lives. Its about three quarters of a mile away. Its nine degrees out. Nine. The guy starts to walk away and falls in the street again. Doesnt get up. Doesnt even try.

The kid is talking to the two girls hes with and i go out to get the man out of the road again. Three other dudes see and walk up too. We drag the man to the side of the road. I take out my phone and say im calling 911. It is dangerously cold. Pass out, you die kind of weather.

Two of the dudes sort of shrug and say lets kick in for a cab. Im like, that wont really work. He cant even say where he lives. And this one ####### kid. I swear. If i find him im breaking his fuvking nose. He says oh youre gonna call the cops and get him arrested. Whats your problem. Tries to encourage his friends to call me out, i guess for being. "rat". . Thankfully the other two were more interested in the first guys female friends.

If its possible to snap but only half snap thats what i did. Are you gonna take him home bro? You gonna drive? Make sure he gets up the stairs ok? No youre not. Youre a little pipsqueak who likes to complain but never helps when its needed. I see that your 2 friends helped me drag him outta the road yet you didnt show up til after to tell me about the code of the street or whatever.

You little gutless #####. I hope i find you. I pray i find you when im not on the phone with the 911 operator trying to make sure a man doesnt freeze to ####### death.

I need to punch or break something. God ####### damn it

Havent been this mad in a long time. Shaking right now. Everythings fine but ### #### it i hate some people. Walking home i see a body in the middle of the road and a young guy trying to help. I assume they are both 21 year old drunks and jog up to help get some whippersnapper out of the road. When i get there i see that it is a homeless man in the road. We get him to the sidewalk and ask him where he is going. He lives about three quarters of a mile away. Its nine degrees here. The guy starts to walk away and falls in the street again. Doesnt get up. Doesnt even try. The kid is talking to the two girls hes with and i go out to get him out of the road again. Three other dudes see and walk up too. We drag the man to the side of the road. I taje out my phone and say im calling 911. It is dangerously cold. Pass out, you die kind of weather. Two dudes sort of shrug and say lets kick in for a cab. Im like that wont really work. He cant even say where he lives. And this one ####### kid. I swear if i find him im breaking his fuvking nose. He says oh youre gonna call the cops and get him arrested. Whats your problem. Tries to encourage his friends to call me out. Thankfully they were more interested in the first guys female friends. If its possible to snap but only half snap thats what i did. Are you gonna take him home? You gonna drive? Make sure he gets up the stairs ok? No youre not. Youre a little pipsqueak who limes to complain but never helps when its needed. I see that your 2 frie ds helped me drag him outta the road and you didnt shiw up til after. You little gutless #####. I hope i find you. I pray i find you when im not on the phone with the 911 operator trying to make sure a man doesnt freeze to ####### death. I need to punch or break something. ####!
You did a good thing man. Don't worry about it. As someone who has seen a lot of messed up things late at night, don't sweat the idiots. They are always going to be there. The important thing is you did what you thought was right. Those guys are out every night and they are what is wrong with society and decent people trying to have a good time without hurting anyone.Just have comfort that you did the right thing and that you are not alone in that there are other people out there that would have done the same thing if they were in that situation. Sorry you had to deal with those ishfaces, but wherever there is a nightclub industry you are going to find those types of people.

Havent been this mad in a long time. Shaking right now. Everythings fine but ### #### it i hate some people.

Walking home i see a body in the middle of the road and a young guy trying to help. I assume they are both 21 year old drunks and jog up to presumably help get some whippersnapper out of the road. When i get there i see that it is a homeless man in the road. We get him to the sidewalk and ask him where he is going. He says where he lives. Its about three quarters of a mile away. Its nine degrees out. Nine. The guy starts to walk away and falls in the street again. Doesnt get up. Doesnt even try.

The kid is talking to the two girls hes with and i go out to get the man out of the road again. Three other dudes see and walk up too. We drag the man to the side of the road. I take out my phone and say im calling 911. It is dangerously cold. Pass out, you die kind of weather.

Two of the dudes sort of shrug and say lets kick in for a cab. Im like, that wont really work. He cant even say where he lives. And this one ####### kid. I swear. If i find him im breaking his fuvking nose. He says oh youre gonna call the cops and get him arrested. Whats your problem. Tries to encourage his friends to call me out, i guess for being. "rat". . Thankfully the other two were more interested in the first guys female friends.

If its possible to snap but only half snap thats what i did. Are you gonna take him home bro? You gonna drive? Make sure he gets up the stairs ok? No youre not. Youre a little pipsqueak who likes to complain but never helps when its needed. I see that your 2 friends helped me drag him outta the road yet you didnt show up til after to tell me about the code of the street or whatever.

You little gutless #####. I hope i find you. I pray i find you when im not on the phone with the 911 operator trying to make sure a man doesnt freeze to ####### death.

You did the right thing. Most idiots won't :shrug: Don't get yourself into trouble over that ####

SLB>My wife asked "Do you know a <redacted>? Why is he trying to friend me on Facebook?

Me: Do you remember when I sent the Tshirt to him?

Wife: Yeah

Me: He asked if you liked cat shirts.....

Wife: WTF?

Me: Do you like cat shirts?

Wife: Umm probably not.

Me: Have you seen his cat shirt?

Wife: No

Me: Pretty sure your panties aren't ready for it. You should probably deny him

Wife: Well wait. Maybe I will. Is it ok if I ask who he is?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I heard him, dummy, I just don't get it. Poor use of shtick here.
SHES NOT AS ATTRACTIVE AS YOU MAKE HER OUT TO BE
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thorn leaping up the CC hero list. :thumbup: But...he probably was just a stupid college guy who was half-snookered. Was he stupid? Hells yes. But there's no need to get this outraged, Thorn. Chances are the guy reflected back the next morning and thought, you know, that old cranky guy was probably right.

Thorn leaping up the CC hero list. :thumbup: But...he probably was just a stupid college guy who was half-snookered. Was he stupid? Hells yes. But there's no need to get this outraged, Thorn. Chances are the guy reflected back the next morning and thought, you know, that old cranky guy was probably right.
:goodposting:

Sorry, I got to get this off my chest -You guys know that by "normal" you basically mean Judeo-Christian, right? Most "normal" names come from the Bible, and the rest are cultural (such as "Owen," which is Eoghan in Gaelic). While a small number of "misspelled" names are the products of uneducated parents, far more are African-Americans who see those names in racial terms rather than religious. The names feel 'white' to them. So, wanting to differentiate themselves without a cultural tradition to draw from (because slavery severed their history), they invent their own spellings of known names. It's a process of identity construction.

I know Llama is just kidding around. But I've read a few other FFA people stupidly berating the "stupid" people for naming their children this way, as if they're all doing it because they're DUMB, or worse, their need for a separate identity is dumb. It makes want to go all Thorn on their ###es.

Ok. I feel better. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming -

A couple years ago I went looking for an old college friend on FB. In what can only be proof of divine intervention, I found a girl with the same first and last names, who went to the same university around the same time as me. I added her. She accepted.

It wasn't my friend. I have no idea who this girl is, but she's WAY HOTTER. After college she went to a NYC fashion institute and met a whole bunch of super hot NYC debutantes whom she regularly goes clubbing and vacationing with, all of which they document on FB. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg!

Hi

SLB>My wife asked "Do you know a <redacted>? Why is he trying to friend me on Facebook?Me: Do you remember when I sent the Tshirt to him?Wife: YeahMe: He asked if you liked cat shirts.....Wife: WTF?Me: Do you like cat shirts?Wife: Umm probably not.Me: Have you seen his cat shirt?Wife: NoMe: Pretty sure your panties aren't ready for it. You should probably deny himWife: Well wait. Maybe I will. Is it ok if I ask who he is? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:bag:It seemed really funny at the time. :bag: :bag: :bag:
Nice job, Thorn.
:goodposting: You're a good man. We're all proud of you.

Yea that was pretty much a heat of the moment post. I know you are right, especially now with time to reflect. I was definitely seeing red, and it was made worse by the fact that I couldn't really call him out the way I wanted because I was dealing with the rest of the situation.Appreciate the attaboys as well from everyone, though I wasn't really looking for that. Just needed to vent and probably have someone say what CC and Seatown said (PS who is that?): don't sweat the idiots.

glll peas

That was my argument. Apparently "Quinn" needed an extra "y" in there. I think I have her settled on normal spellings. That said I might have a Le-a coming
Good lord. I think I might have told this before but I work with a woman (she is one of our deans) whose son is in my class this year. Her son's name is Naythan.

She told me "I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought it was cute and his brother's name has a 'Y' in it too. Looking back I wish I wouldn't have done it. He's going to have to tell people how to spell his name for the rest of his life and he'll never be able to find a key-chain or miniature license plate with his name on it. "

Way to narc, bro.

Good lord.

I think I might have told this before but I work with a woman (she is one of our deans) whose son is in my class this year. Her son's name is Naythan.

She told me "I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought it was cute and his brother's name has a 'Y' in it too. Looking back I wish I wouldn't have done it. He's going to have to tell people how to spell his name for the rest of his life and he'll never be able to find a key-chain or miniature license plate with his name on it. "
This will be in his suicide note."I can't take it anymore. How can you go through life without finding cheap crap in a truck stop with your name on it? It's inhuman. #### you, Mom."

Good lord.

I think I might have told this before but I work with a woman (she is one of our deans) whose son is in my class this year. Her son's name is Naythan.

This will be in his suicide note."I can't take it anymore. How can you go through life without finding cheap crap in a truck stop with your name on it? It's inhuman. #### you, Mom."
:lmao:

Way to narc, bro.
Grow up. Act like an adult. For once.

Good lord.

:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

Way to narc, bro.
Grow up. Act like an adult. For once.
Should I expect a four videos now?

Currently having an argument with the wife and taking it out on some ####### kid friend of CC's. Slap it low. Very low.

More obnoxious: The people who deify JoePa, deeming him a great man seemingly worthy of worship, or the people who can't go five seconds in a "RIP" thread without bringing up Sandusky?

More obnoxious: The people who deify JoePa, deeming him a great man seemingly worthy of worship, or the people who can't go five seconds in a "RIP" thread without bringing up Sandusky?
Maybe he shouldn't have created a kidtouching friendly environment.

Leave it out of the GMTAN please.

The proper response would have been to ask why I was trying to degrade a saint.DOES NOBODY GET COMEDY ANY MORE????????

We're not discussing the JoePa situation. We're discussing how people discuss the JoePa situation. Totally different.

The proper response would have been to ask why I was trying to degrade a saint.DOES NOBODY GET COMEDY ANY MORE????????
HE SAID, SHE EVER GET THOSE BUCK TEETH FIXED?

SLB>My wife asked "Do you know a <redacted>? Why is he trying to friend me on Facebook?Me: Do you remember when I sent the Tshirt to him?Wife: YeahMe: He asked if you liked cat shirts.....Wife: WTF?Me: Do you like cat shirts?Wife: Umm probably not.Me: Have you seen his cat shirt?Wife: NoMe: Pretty sure your panties aren't ready for it. You should probably deny himWife: Well wait. Maybe I will. Is it ok if I ask who he is? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I laughed :shrug:

I laughed :shrug:
:hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread