What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (2 Viewers)

Hey gang. The 7 month old may or may not have had some seizures this afternoon so we get to stay overnight at the childrens hospital. JR and I are at the house packing up for the trip and I'm slamming a couple Bud Lights to ease the stress (as the chemically dependent tend to do). Its probably nothing huge but thoprawishes would be appreciated
Jesus, dude. Thopras for sure.

Hey gang. The 7 month old may or may not have had some seizures this afternoon so we get to stay overnight at the childrens hospital. JR and I are at the house packing up for the trip and I'm slamming a couple Bud Lights to ease the stress (as the chemically dependent tend to do). Its probably nothing huge but thoprawishes would be appreciated
Whoa. Best wishes to you, Bent. Stay really strong and let us know what you find out.

'Marvin said:
FYI I'm calling for a jihad on New Otis. 100% done with his shtick. Sorry fellas. Find a new future presidential assassin to admire.
i don't think you want him to quit the cage, guy <_<

Sorry man. Cant imagine seeing a lil guy/gal go through that. TPW sent.
this. take care of you and yours gb

Right now our diagnosis is somewhere between constipation and brain cancer. I'm about to wake JR up early from his nap, so I'm mostly hoping to not have my face clawed off in the next ten minutes.

TPW Bentley, you're at the best possible hospital.

I was on a full-pay VP machine @El Cortez last night. Hit a royal. :excited:

Have you gotten your Vuvuzella yet? :bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:
:lmao: please tell me this shtick has made it down to the youth level
I'm think this is a seriously good idea. Might have to look into it for our next game. If you score a goal, you get to blast the horn after the game. Got our asses handed to us today. Lost 5-0. The other team was talking smack too. #####esI think half of their team drove to the game. After they scored the last goal, I brought all our girls together on the sideline and tried to encourage them and tell them to have fun. Found out that one of the dads on the other team was complaining about that move in the stands. I guess he was yelling at me and the refs saying that's not allowed. Dude, you're up 5-0, there are like 2 minutes left, two of our girls were crying they were so upset and another one was pissed off and mumbling to herself because of how bad we were sucking. It's girls U6 soccer. Chill out.

GL and Thoprawishes Bentley.I hate bad things happening to kids.

Thats gotta be so scary. Good luck!!

Boy Guster, things certainly are different out here in hippy dippy Portland. When teams go up by 4 goals, the other team is to pull players or make adjustments. Didn't have refs until age 7 and there wasn't any score keeping. Sounds like things are quite different out there...

Parents are all told under no uncertain terms that they will be asked to leave the field if they shout anything other than encouragement. Crazy that a dad pulled that crap.

Yeah, get a Vuvuzella. Kids love it.

girl at work said it best, "it's not the kids who suck.. it's the parents."
Oh some of my girls suck too. We've got one girl that when she plays defense and the ball starts coming near her, she stands right in front of the goalie and jumps up and down. And then there is the girl whose favorite position is the bench. We've played 2 games now and she hasn't come within 10 feet of the ball, despite playing every position on the field except goalie. But yeah, if I had heard that guy, there would have been words. After the games the parents do this dumb thing where they form a tunnel for the girls to run through. I guess as they were lining up, he said that if his team had lost, he wouldn't have gone out there. Stay classy, guy. Practice tomorrow should be interesting...

As the father of a 7 month old, I am genuinely hoping that everything is okay.

absolultely NOTHING in the discount theaters for movies. I mean, I haven't even heard of most of these. Are these really movies?

Tinker Tailor Soldier

Chronicle

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

A Dangerous Method

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengance

:confused:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is supposed to be pretty decent.

Jesus, dude. Thopras for sure.
This. Good luck, man.

absolultely NOTHING in the discount theaters for movies. I mean, I haven't even heard of most of these. Are these really movies?

Tinker Tailor Soldier

Chronicle

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

A Dangerous Method

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengance

:confused:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is supposed to be pretty decent.
I thought it was kinda meh. A bit of a snoozer. Not much action, not much talking, just a lot of Gary Oldman staring at things.

But don't, for the love of God, see Chronicle. Gawdafwul movie there.

Any updates, bentley? Been thinking about this all day. Really hoping for some good news. :thumbup:
They've got him all electroded up and under observation for the night. I'm headed back to the hospital with whataburger and a couple comically oversized beers. We probably won't know much until mri tomorrow. Angyrwifes mom is here taking care of JR.

Good luck, dude.

Have you gotten your Vuvuzella yet? :bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:
:lmao: please tell me this shtick has made it down to the youth level
I'm think this is a seriously good idea. Might have to look into it for our next game. If you score a goal, you get to blast the horn after the game. Got our asses handed to us today. Lost 5-0. The other team was talking smack too. #####esI think half of their team drove to the game. After they scored the last goal, I brought all our girls together on the sideline and tried to encourage them and tell them to have fun. Found out that one of the dads on the other team was complaining about that move in the stands. I guess he was yelling at me and the refs saying that's not allowed. Dude, you're up 5-0, there are like 2 minutes left, two of our girls were crying they were so upset and another one was pissed off and mumbling to herself because of how bad we were sucking. It's girls U6 soccer. Chill out.
I would have punched this guy. No doubt, especially this weekend.

My son's on spring break this week. I was thinking of taking him do to see the Findlay Market Parade, which is a big tradition here on every Reds opening day.

The last three Grand Marshals of the parade were Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench and Frank Robinson.

This year, it's Aaron Boone. :mellow:

If you find yourself in downtown Vegas, and you have not had a bowel movement in over 48 hrs due to painkillers (but you have kept eating like you were a three-way eat-off deathmatch with GM and shuke), right in the back of the Fremont Hotel is a clean, well-appointed and little-used bathroom, just in case you need to do something unspeakable at 10:45 on a Sunday morning.

Or so I'm told. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Marvin said:
FYI I'm calling for a jihad on New Otis. 100% done with his shtick. Sorry fellas. Find a new future presidential assassin to admire.
Not that I'm taking issue here, but I was calling for this about five years ago.

'Marvin said:
Not that I'm taking issue here, but I was calling for this about five years ago.
I'm not sure New Otis means what you think it means.Unless you were way way ahead of the curve.Gllll Little Bentley.

Good luck, dude.
Yeah, jeez... I can't imagine. Keep us posted Bentley.

'Marvin said:
In
Maybe I read that thread too quick, but what did he do to piss off Furley and (name forgotten)? I'm actually entertained by that thread, so I don't want to see it go :shrug:
I'm with you. Thread wasn't something that I was into, hadn't read it, but then decided to after hearing all the hoopla. I read like half of it; somewhat entertaining, but meh. Not sure why it calls for jihad or banning, especially over there.

'Marvin said:
In
Maybe I read that thread too quick, but what did he do to piss off Furley and (name forgotten)? I'm actually entertained by that thread, so I don't want to see it go :shrug:
I'm with you. Thread wasn't something that I was into, hadn't read it, but then decided to after hearing all the hoopla. I read like half of it; somewhat entertaining, but meh. Not sure why it calls for jihad or banning, especially over there.
:goodposting: Though the Tanner/Furley/proninja moral contingent have made things interesting.

Just don't drive the guy away. Say what you will about them, but that place is better off with a few New Otises and Red Herrings wandering about.

Users who are viewing this thread