What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (1 Viewer)

Good to see you ended up in the right place #16, even if you did take the scenic route.

If she'd been genuine in wanting to get back with you, there would have been a whole lot of deep remorse on her part for what she did to end things the first time round, just didn't sound like that was there.

Good luck buddy.

Here's her text to me that I received while in class:

"I'm sorry for being so heartless. I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you. I know it's hard to understand but I am leaving him to try and work things out between us. I can't promise you I will call you every night. If I promise and end up not doing it then you'll be upset. I'm trying my best to be honest with you that's why it's irritating me because it's never enough."

Probably shouldn't have but I replied....

"After what you did to me with him words only are not enough. Actions are the only thing I can fully trust right now and if you're not willing to put in the effort then why should I?"
let's break this down:"I'm sorry for being so heartless." - i'm feeling guilt for cheating on you, and can't believe you [finally] called me on it.

"I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you." - i find it hard to believe that's what she told the PT. and she says this right after she tells you, "Honestly, I'm not sure yet what I want. I'm not sure I can make you 100% happy." so which is it? is she coming back to you, or just leaving the PT to string you along so she can find what she really wants.

"I can't promise you I will call you every night." - translation: i don't want [you] as a boyfriend and to be held accountable for anything.

"If I promise and end up not doing it then you'll be upset." - trying to throw a little guilt your way. also, making an excuse as to why she doesn't want to "promise" and then have to be held accountable for her actions.

"I'm trying my best to be honest with you that's why it's irritating me because it's never enough." - i can't believe you showed some spine and aren't letting me continue to steamroll you. it's irritating to have to think about someone besides me. also, why should someone who you loved and presumably want to love again have to "try" to be honest. i think that should come naturally from an honest person.

as to your reply? it wasn't epic, but didn't hurt your position much.

I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you.
Funny that she uses future (or at best present) tense about ending things with PT. Didn't she say before the holiday she'd ended it already by then?The comment that she doesn't want to be accountable is spot on.She should be doing ALL the running here if she wants to get back with you. The comment about it being "never enough" is laughable. She's trying to make you feel guilty about having expectations of her. Serious question, has she actually apologised to you sincerely for what she did? It kind of sounds like she rolled the dice on an upgrade, it didn't work out so she's come back again and thinks that should be it.

Here's her text to me that I received while in class:"I'm sorry for being so heartless. I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you. I know it's hard to understand but I am leaving him to try and work things out between us. I can't promise you I will call you every night. If I promise and end up not doing it then you'll be upset. I'm trying my best to be honest with you that's why it's irritating me because it's never enough."Probably shouldn't have but I replied...."After what you did to me with him words only are not enough. Actions are the only thing I can fully trust right now and if you're not willing to put in the effort then why should I?"
Quack. Dude, your vag is showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
####. After all the discussion in this thread today, it only confirmed what I had been feeling/denying this whole time. It all came to head at dinner tonight before my DUI class (class starts in 15 minutes) when I finally asked the tough questions like BigJim said.We were seated at the table and exchanged the normal greetings and hellos. Did some small chat to get things going and then I suggested that we spend her last night here at a hotel (we haven't gone public so neither of us wants to take it to our places). She shot it down like she has been when I suggested it in the past with, "I'm just not comfortable with that yet."I asked her why and she replied that..she wanted to completely end it with the PT by getting all her stuff back and such before moving things forward with me. I said why even see him at all and she replied...that the tickets cost too much to change airports. I offered to pay for the difference to change etc... Still no go.I said fine I trust you not to do anything, but just call me every night. I'll do the same in Vegas and she said, "No..you're not my boyfriend. I have no obligations to you."After that I said I thought we were trying to work things out and she said, "Honestly, I'm not sure yet what I want. I'm not sure I can make you 100% happy."At that point I told her that I deserved to be happy and with someone who wanted to be with me. I told her to pick up her dog before she leaves tomorrow and never to contact me again. We finished dinner without saying a word, she paid, and we left without even looking back.Damn. Don't know exactly what I feel.
That's my man! :confetti: :banned: :hifive:I don't envy how you're feeling and/or will be feeling soon. And this story probably isn't done yet. But that's a HUGE move on your part. Not only did you make the mature decision, you were the one who got to initiate things. That's a much more powerful feeling than being on the receiving end. Congratulations and best of luck to you. Way to take control. Massive kudos for making the right move. If I were in your neck of the woods I'd buy you a drink. :thumbup: ETA - damn, should have continued reading before responding. Quint broke down the text exchange beautifully.

"I'm sorry for being so heartless. I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you. I know it's hard to understand but I am leaving him to try and work things out between us. I can't promise you I will call you every night. If I promise and end up not doing it then you'll be upset. I'm trying my best to be honest with you that's why it's irritating me because it's never enough."

"After what you did to me with him words only are not enough. Actions are the only thing I can fully trust right now and if you're not willing to put in the effort then why should I?"
let's break this down:"I'm sorry for being so heartless." - i'm feeling guilt for cheating on you, and can't believe you [finally] called me on it.

"I told you already I'm leaving him and I'm coming back to you." - i find it hard to believe that's what she told the PT. and she says this right after she tells you, "Honestly, I'm not sure yet what I want. I'm not sure I can make you 100% happy." so which is it? is she coming back to you, or just leaving the PT to string you along so she can find what she really wants.

"I can't promise you I will call you every night." - translation: i don't want [you] as a boyfriend and to be held accountable for anything.

"If I promise and end up not doing it then you'll be upset." - trying to throw a little guilt your way. also, making an excuse as to why she doesn't want to "promise" and then have to be held accountable for her actions.

"I'm trying my best to be honest with you that's why it's irritating me because it's never enough." - i can't believe you showed some spine and aren't letting me continue to steamroll you. it's irritating to have to think about someone besides me. also, why should someone who you loved and presumably want to love again have to "try" to be honest. i think that should come naturally from an honest person.

See, this is her doing what she didn't prepare to do at dinner. I don't agree with some of the above analysis, but clearly this was an attempt to rewrite history. Pretty clear to me she's 100% covering tracks because she dropped the ball. Believe her at the restaurant - that was spontaneous truth. Why in the world would you ever text with a person this duplicitous? I honestly don't get why you responded at all, much less immediately, much much less asking an open ended question. You basically just flopped yourself out of the lake and all the way down the street to the bait shop.

See, this is her doing what she didn't prepare to do at dinner. I don't agree with some of the above analysis, but clearly this was an attempt to rewrite history. Pretty clear to me she's 100% covering tracks because she dropped the ball. Believe her at the restaurant - that was spontaneous truth. Why in the world would you ever text with a person this duplicitous? I honestly don't get why you responded at all, much less immediately, much much less asking an open ended question. You basically just flopped yourself out of the lake and all the way down the street to the bait shop.
I honestly hoping she would be willing to bone tonight and do everything I asked but this is what she replied with:"I'm sorry"

To which I replied:

"Pick up the dog by tomorrow or he's mine forever. I will block your phone number again so that I won't have to deal with you anymore. Not matter how sorry you are, you're not making me a priority in your life, so I don't want u to be a part of mine any longer."

After she sent:

"I just don't understand why you can't see I'm staying up here because I want to work things out with you. I'm gonna stop talking to PT because of you. even though I'm not exactly sure if we''ll work out 100% I'm still willing too do that for you. Those are many actions to prove that I choose you! But I guess it's not enough so fine"

I sent this to her:

"Yah because there's no need to see him. You have family and friends. How the hell did you get home the past 6 years you've been living up here? It should be easy to call me every night. You have a cell phone. You should want to spend as much time with me as possible before you go by spending the night in a hotel.

These are all things I would do for you if it were reversed. If you can't do all these things for me than yah that's fine.

Pick up the dog by tomorrow or you'll never see him again"

She replied...

"Keep him."

Then I said...

"Good bye Alyssa. Hope PT is worth it. Btw I'm gonna text him tomorrow that we've been seeing each other. You deserve to be alone."

That didn't make her happy:

"#### you No.16! Seriously! You are such an #######! I'm already going to end it! Why don't you ####in understand that. I ####in hate you@!!!"

Then she called me. I picked up and pretty much said more of the same. After she hangs up we exchange a few more heated and profanity laced texts and our convo end me...

"3 simple requests: Stay with me tonight, do not see him on your trip back, and call me every night. That's all I ask. Nothing crazy. That's it. Reasonable requests from someone who was cheated on. Ask [GBs GF]. Ask [CLOSEST COUSIN]. Ask anyone. Nothing unreasonable if you truly wanted to end things with him and work things out with me."

And that's how it has been left. I probably didn't need to add that I would tell the PT about us, but I just wanted to make sure she knew I was serious and also just to piss her off a little.

Don't want to stay awake anymore. Just want to sleep it all away.

:thumbup:

You were WAY more than reasonable with her and she was clearly just trying to take advantage of you. #### her, she sucks. It'll get better man.

I honestly hoping she would be willing to bone tonight and do everything I asked but this is what she replied with:"I'm sorry"

To which I replied:

"Pick up the dog by tomorrow or he's mine forever. I will block your phone number again so that I won't have to deal with you anymore. Not matter how sorry you are, you're not making me a priority in your life, so I don't want u to be a part of mine any longer."

After she sent:

"I just don't understand why you can't see I'm staying up here because I want to work things out with you. I'm gonna stop talking to PT because of you. even though I'm not exactly sure if we''ll work out 100% I'm still willing too do that for you. Those are many actions to prove that I choose you! But I guess it's not enough so fine"

I sent this to her:

"Yah because there's no need to see him. You have family and friends. How the hell did you get home the past 6 years you've been living up here? It should be easy to call me every night. You have a cell phone. You should want to spend as much time with me as possible before you go by spending the night in a hotel.

These are all things I would do for you if it were reversed. If you can't do all these things for me than yah that's fine.

She replied...

"Keep him."

Then I said...

"Good bye Alyssa. Hope PT is worth it. Btw I'm gonna text him tomorrow that we've been seeing each other. You deserve to be alone."

"#### you No.16! Seriously! You are such an #######! I'm already going to end it! Why don't you ####in understand that. I ####in hate you@!!!"

Then she called me. I picked up and pretty much said more of the same. After she hangs up we exchange a few more heated and profanity laced texts and our convo end me...

"3 simple requests: Stay with me tonight, do not see him on your trip back, and call me every night. That's all I ask. Nothing crazy. That's it. Reasonable requests from someone who was cheated on. Ask [GBs GF]. Ask [CLOSEST COUSIN]. Ask anyone. Nothing unreasonable if you truly wanted to end things with him and work things out with me."

And that's how it has been left. I probably didn't need to add that I would tell the PT about us, but I just wanted to make sure she knew I was serious and also just to piss her off a little.

sucks dude.you left way too many openings for her return. but you're doing the right thing. give her the stupid ####### dog. everytime you look at the ####### thing, for the rest of it's life, it'll remind you of her.

cut off all contact. that includes mutual friends. encourage her to move away.

go nail a big girl.

you can do this. and by this, i mean leave that ####### whore and nail a big girl.

Although I honestly don't understand the "you will call me every night" thing. What's the point of doing this? Why don't you just put a leash around her neck and chain her to a wall?

Guess No 16 felt his iDominance was being threatened by the Bucky thread. Glad to see he stepped back up and got this fairy tale rolling again.

trying to catch up - is Rusty the dog or the PT?Why do you have the PT phone number ?TIA
Rusty is the unattractive friend who broke his ankle and cant go to vegas.Bucky and No. 16 need to vegas cornhole. Would be legendary!

How can you have any feelings for this vile #####? Your threat to text the PT was juvenile, but her reaction was telling. She's still with him.

This is hilarious stuff. After all that drama and fake ultimatums, you still end up begging her to come back.My link

This is hilarious stuff. After all that drama and fake ultimatums, you still end up begging her to come back.My link
Cringeworthy.

After skimming the thread.

My guess is she is giving the PT the same story about ending things with No. 16 :shrug:

I think I've seen this movie before...

Over/under on how long until #16 is taking her out again "trying to work things out"?

After skimming the thread.My guess is she is giving the PT the same story about ending things with No. 16 :shrug:
My guess is the PT is breaking it off with her and she's holding out hope that he'll take her back but is using 16 as a fallback.

After skimming the thread.

My guess is she is giving the PT the same story about ending things with No. 16 :shrug:
My guess is the PT is breaking it off with her and she's holding out hope that he'll take her back but is using 16 as a fallback.
DING DING DINGThings have gotten rocky over on PT island, she is talking about coming back to 16 to feel him out and see what kind of relationship it could be for now.

She doesn't want to have sex with you, because in a womans mind that could be a tad slutty. What I mean is she hasn't ended it with PT yet, she is gonna see him a few more times, and when they bone, she won't be "cheating/slutting" in her mind if she isn't sexing with you.

IN SUMMARY!!

So basically dude, she only wants to be having sex with one of you when she is "seeing" both of you.

She has decided until it's 100% over with PT she will hold your hand, and hold his ####.

GOOD LUCK

While it's good to hear you responded to her, I would make it a point to not talk to her at all

Eff your dog, eff your culture, eff everything.

Don't talk to her, cause while it's cool you stood up to her, let's face the facts, if she agrees to your requests you're back into the little fantasy you created.

To which I replied:

After she sent:

I sent this to her:

She replied...

"Keep him."

Then I said...

Threatening to text the PT is so incredibly childish. You should be bigger than that. You should be better than that. That type of response really shows a lot about you and explains a lot of what's happened thus far. And then you STILL asked her to stay with you? Have you not learned ANYTHING?

Look, 99% of the people responding in this thread have been where you are (kind of). We get it. And, despite virtually unanimous advice at nearly every turn that you've ignored and handled poorly on your own, it's understandable that you had to go about this your own way so you could see for yourself. But good God, this has gotten ridiculous. You should have all the information you need and it's been thoroughly translated for you. This girl is abusing you in ways you simply can't see and for once you just need to admit defeat and follow the advice given to you here. Give up the dog, don't talk to her again, and get on with your life already. You can keep being the nutless sap you've been, but at least be that with someone else.

No. 16, you really need to do this:

I want you to listen to me carefully. Listen to me very carefully, because this is what you're gonna do. You're gonna call [Alyssa], you're gonna tell her you're sick of her fat ###. You can't stand to look at it anymore. And you're gonna make her believe it. Because if you don't, she may take you back one day...
Get your balls back, dude. You're embarassing yourself.

After that I said I thought we were trying to work things out and she said, "Honestly, I'm not sure yet what I want. I'm not sure I can make you 100% happy."At that point I told her that I deserved to be happy and with someone who wanted to be with me. I told her to pick up her dog before she leaves tomorrow and never to contact me again.
:goodposting:

So is Alyssa still moving back to the Bay area?
Herein lies the rub (no pun intended)...If 16 tries to work it out with Corlyssa, and in doing so she moves back to/stays in the bay area, he's stuck with her being in the area and hanging with mutual friends after the inevitable re-breakup and going forward. Money play is to reiterate that it's over, even to the point of completely pissing her off, and cut off all contact... period. This will hopefully prompt her to move to SoCal and out of his social circles for good.FWIW... one sure way to piss her off would be to post nekkid pics. Even scantily clothed pics would work.

"I just don't understand why you can't see I'm staying up here because I want to work things out with you. I'm gonna stop talking to PT because of you. even though I'm not exactly sure if we''ll work out 100% I'm still willing too do that for you.
Oh, and btw....This is one of the biggest loads of #### I've ever seen. She may indeed be moving back there, but I can guaran-#######-tee it isn't because of you or for you. The fact she even tried to pass that off as a reason is all you need to know about her. And even funnier is the next line that she's going to stop talking to PT because of you. Yeah, uh, no. She's going to stop talking to PT because the PT has probably cast her aside already

I mean, is this chic even for real? Not only does she have you completely wrapped but she must also think you're the stupidest person alive to try and feed you that garbage. While she may not be far off in her assessment, even you should be able to see what a crock that is. Who on earth moves to a new location for someone that they aren't even sure is going to work out with?

She's a piece of work.

After that I said I thought we were trying to work things out and she said, "Honestly, I'm not sure yet what I want. I'm not sure I can make you 100% happy."At that point I told her that I deserved to be happy and with someone who wanted to be with me. I told her to pick up her dog before she leaves tomorrow and never to contact me again.
This was beautiful. If only he had just stopped here.....

Unfortunately the very next thought in our hero's mind was "ZOMG WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!"

just started following this saga last week. can someone fill me in on what the Rusty stuff is about?

edit- never mind, answered earlier on the page.

Unfortunately the very next thought in our hero's mind was "ZOMG WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!"
Exactly.Pick up your dog before you leave tomorrow, or you're never going to see him again and I'll keep him safe. And never contact me again, unless you want to stay with me tonight. :wall:

Oof, no kidding. Everything after this was just painful to read. I'm not going to give 16 a hard time for being a little petty in that last text exchange (we've all been there), but he needs to cut off all contact. For real this time.

"I just don't understand why you can't see I'm staying up here because I want to work things out with you. I'm gonna stop talking to PT because of you. even though I'm not exactly sure if we''ll work out 100% I'm still willing too do that for you.
Oh, and btw....This is one of the biggest loads of #### I've ever seen. She may indeed be moving back there, but I can guaran-#######-tee it isn't because of you or for you. The fact she even tried to pass that off as a reason is all you need to know about her. And even funnier is the next line that she's going to stop talking to PT because of you. Yeah, uh, no. She's going to stop talking to PT because the PT has probably cast her aside already

I mean, is this chic even for real? Not only does she have you completely wrapped but she must also think you're the stupidest person alive to try and feed you that garbage. While she may not be far off in her assessment, even you should be able to see what a crock that is. Who on earth moves to a new location for someone that they aren't even sure is going to work out with?

She's a piece of work.
She's been living here since college. She was planning on moving back home this year and has a house in escrow and was willing to eat that cost to stay here.

She's a piece of work.
She's been living here since college. She was planning on moving back home this year and has a house in escrow and was willing to eat that cost to stay here.
Because PT sent her packin'

Users who are viewing this thread