What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

Green Day inspires this kind of fury?really??
I loved the rant, but was offended that he implied COlin was successful.
I had all of those guys massively confused. I'm not going to try and talk my way out of that one.Dowling likes Poison, lives in Texas, has ruined the NBA thread for the last year with his Rockets shtick, and is an "entrepreneur" who puts together people's computers. And he always has a Simpsons avatar. I think I've got it straight now. I think.

If you bet $360 on the Packers ML, you win $200 more if they win for a total profit around $500.

If the Seahawks win, you get $1055 minus $360 for a total profit around $700.

That's just one example. Would you rather have $200 guaranteed or a shot at an extra $360? I'd probably rather have the guaranteed money, unless I felt really confident in the Seahawks.

another option is to look for prime hedge opportunities during live betting. If Seattle gets an early lead or something and you can get positive odds on your Packers ML bet, then it becomes a no-brainer, IMO.
Genius. Thanks GB. :thumbup:
only downside there is babysitting live betting and if Seattle falls behind early you have lost your chance to hedge AND if seattle gets up big you have to have the discipline to follow the plan and not get over confident and say 'Screw it, I have the right side." I would look to see if you can get GB + points at any point and give yourself a chance at a middle. Great Job by the way!
Yeah, the other problem is I have soccer practice from 5-6:15pst so I won't be able to watch the first Q of action. Ugh.

Did anyone see Kat Dennings' boobs on the Emmys last night? Milker City.
I've seen them live on the interwebs.
Oh yeah, I've seen those too. The candids are great, but fully primmed and prepared for national TV (yet covered) are great too.Did her phone get hacked, or did an ex-bf throw them out there?
Hack I think.The problem with the primed for tv part is you have to watch the freaking Emmys.

Oh yeah, I've seen those too. The candids are great, but fully primmed and prepared for national TV (yet covered) are great too.Did her phone get hacked, or did an ex-bf throw them out there?
Hack I think.The problem with the primed for tv part is you have to watch the freaking Emmys.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Favorite part about marriage 2.0? Current wife hates award shows more than I do. I doubt she could tell you the difference between the Emmys, the Oscars and I doubt she even knows what the Tonys are. They really are an exercise in numbing the mind.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Favorite part about marriage 2.0? Current wife hates award shows more than I do. I doubt she could tell you the difference between the Emmys, the Oscars and I doubt she even knows what the Tonys are. They really are an exercise in numbing the mind.
Yes, because one thing we have learned about you is that you hate numbing your mind. :mellow:

Yes, because one thing we have learned about you is that you hate numbing your mind. :mellow:
:bag:

If you're looking to take some money out, for whatever reason, I don't think a hedge is a bad idea. If you're just building your roll, then I'd let it ride.
My bankroll is much smaller than yours, I think. :unsure:
About $6K total right now, including pending wagers.
jesus...that's a big roll. If Sea hits (and I don't hedge) I'll be at 1/3 of that and will gladly cash out most of it. I don't do so well as the season ages, so cashing out early is usually my best bet.

If you're looking to take some money out, for whatever reason, I don't think a hedge is a bad idea. If you're just building your roll, then I'd let it ride.
jesus...that's a big roll. If Sea hits (and I don't hedge) I'll be at 1/3 of that and will gladly cash out most of it. I don't do so well as the season ages, so cashing out early is usually my best bet.I've been building it pretty steadily, I think about +$3500 since July or so. I'm a little loathe to cash out for two reasons:1) I've heard that withdrawals mean they're more likely to cut your limits, and 2) I stick pretty strictly to a betting unit = 1% of bankroll rule, and I don't want to move back down.It's fun, but a few weeks ago I had my first negative four-digit day. I've built back most of it since, but that was pretty rough.

:goodposting:Big fan. There's posters of her up in my office, they're my favorites. Luckily some other photos of her have "accidentally" leaked out that are worth checking out.
One of my friends works with her on her show. Says they're the most spectacular boobs he's ever seen. Kind of stating the obvious, but it's nice to hear it's not just tv magic. Though GM likely still isn't a fan.

:goodposting:Big fan. There's posters of her up in my office, they're my favorites. Luckily some other photos of her have "accidentally" leaked out that are worth checking out.
One of my friends works with her on her show. Says they're the most spectacular boobs he's ever seen. Kind of stating the obvious, but it's nice to hear it's not just tv magic. Though GM likely still isn't a fan.
bad skin?

bad skin?
Iirc, GM isn't a fan of really big hooters.

jesus...that's a big roll. If Sea hits (and I don't hedge) I'll be at 1/3 of that and will gladly cash out most of it. I don't do so well as the season ages, so cashing out early is usually my best bet.This isn't the "let's compare net worth" GM that I know.

In London for the week for work. Arrived earlier today and the rest of the team showed up throughout the evening...including a smoking hot Greek chick that happens to be single. I doubt I can find a way to pull it off, but that would be one hell of a memory from this trip.

Oh, and my marketing friends told me that they think they could get me a marketing job in Boston (90 min from friends and family) I am interested. Might actually have to consider that one a bit...

In London for the week for work. Arrived earlier today and the rest of the team showed up throughout the evening...including a smoking hot Greek chick that happens to be single. I doubt I can find a way to pull it off, but that would be one hell of a memory from this trip. Oh, and my marketing friends told me that they think they could get me a marketing job in Boston (90 min from friends and family) I am interested. Might actually have to consider that one a bit...
You know what greek girls like, right?Or is that greek guys?Well definitely some greeks of some sex allegedly like it in the bum. good luck.

Krista - I hope you at least have been getting your fill of kumamatos. No other oysters is even worth eating when those are available.
Hey, sent a message earlier saying I could rethink plans if you guys came up with something, but I guess it's too late now? Just finishing up at Amazon (I think). Nice group of folks.

Colin's Blazing Five

Buccaneers at Cowboys (-7.5)

Eagles at Cardinals (+3.5)

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
:coffee: Love the idea of a Bengals/Cardinals ML Parlay [/Cosjobs]
Bengals suck.
- Bengals were a playoff team last year- Red Rifle will face decimated pass rush with injuries to Carriker/Orakpo

- Bengals defense vastly underrated, gets back best pass rusher in Dunlap

- Underdogs treat me right

Side bet?
We talking about the same Bengals team that gave up 430+ yards to Brandon Weeden's Browns last week?Look, I'm not betting against my team, just trying to help you out.
Update?
How 'bout our Bengals, gb!! :hifive:

I'm normally a calm, reasonable, level-headed person, but the other day I went full-MOP on a woman driver in a grocery store parking lot. Totally snapped and lost it. It felt kinda good.
Details?I totally lost it a few weeks ago in an airport at some lady who thought the moving walkway was a ride at Disneyland.I guess I was in a bad mood already. We had just landed and I was lined up in the jetway waiting for my valet-checked luggage, with about 50 other people. Just as they start unloaded, these two guys just stand down there in the middle of the two lines of people waiting for their luggage, so no one else can see what is down there. All these timid people waiting were just looking at each other and shrugging or rolling their eyes, so of course I am forced to tell these guys to get out of the way. Then I'm walking through the airport, and this is after sitting for a 3 hour flight, so my plantar fasciitis was killing me. I am heading down the moving walkway and there is a guy standing on the right, and a man and woman standing on the left just a few feet in front of the other guy. Three people in front of me had to squeeze through the spot and this couple is oblivious. So I just barrel through there not caring if my rollerbag bumps in to her stuff that she has sitting by her feet. She waits until I'm about 20 feet ahead and calls out sarcastically, "Oh excuse me, I'm sorry if I'm in the way". I turn around and yell "Yea you were in the ####### way. STAND TO THE RIGHT AND WALK TO THE LEFT". Totally out of character for me. I still feel bad about it.

'shuke said:
I'm normally a calm, reasonable, level-headed person, but the other day I went full-MOP on a woman driver in a grocery store parking lot. Totally snapped and lost it. It felt kinda good.
Details?I totally lost it a few weeks ago in an airport at some lady who thought the moving walkway was a ride at Disneyland.I guess I was in a bad mood already. We had just landed and I was lined up in the jetway waiting for my valet-checked luggage, with about 50 other people. Just as they start unloaded, these two guys just stand down there in the middle of the two lines of people waiting for their luggage, so no one else can see what is down there. All these timid people waiting were just looking at each other and shrugging or rolling their eyes, so of course I am forced to tell these guys to get out of the way. Then I'm walking through the airport, and this is after sitting for a 3 hour flight, so my plantar fasciitis was killing me. I am heading down the moving walkway and there is a guy standing on the right, and a man and woman standing on the left just a few feet in front of the other guy. Three people in front of me had to squeeze through the spot and this couple is oblivious. So I just barrel through there not caring if my rollerbag bumps in to her stuff that she has sitting by her feet. She waits until I'm about 20 feet ahead and calls out sarcastically, "Oh excuse me, I'm sorry if I'm in the way". I turn around and yell "Yea you were in the ####### way. STAND TO THE RIGHT AND WALK TO THE LEFT". Totally out of character for me. I still feel bad about it.
You did the right thing. People should be called out when they are acting like dickmittens.

bad skin?
Oh, I like them. I just don't think they are all that special. Big boobs are not the best boobs, imo.

'shuke said:
You did the right thing. People should be called out when they are acting like dickmittens.
I disagree. I acted like an ###hole. A lot of people don't travel often and don't know the "rules". I'm usually polite about it.

jesus...that's a big roll. If Sea hits (and I don't hedge) I'll be at 1/3 of that and will gladly cash out most of it. I don't do so well as the season ages, so cashing out early is usually my best bet.
This isn't the "let's compare net worth" GM that I know.Yeah, well...that was before the financial punishments of divorce and during an era when I was making a lot more money for a fund shorting the crap out of sub-prime than I am for a fund buying and holding minor metals. Oh, and neat little medical bills come with precious little babies. Forgot all about that sweetness.

'Angry Beavers said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
'General Malaise said:
put $200 on Pack +150 live betting.
:thumbup: Hawks look tough, but it's nice to have a backup plan.
This one is coming down to the wire IMHO as GB just found their running game. Good move to lock in some profit at what is probably the best odds you are going to get on GB.
Would have been nice had I known the refs were on the take in this one.

I saw a few minutes of the show last year. Pretty dumb. But I don't get why Kat Dennings gets all the love. That blonde is 10 times hotter and I don't even know her name. Why aren't we discussing her hacked phone pics?

You're welcome
I've been building it pretty steadily, I think about +$3500 since July or so. I'm a little loathe to cash out for two reasons:1) I've heard that withdrawals mean they're more likely to cut your limits, and 2) I stick pretty strictly to a betting unit = 1% of bankroll rule, and I don't want to move back down.It's fun, but a few weeks ago I had my first negative four-digit day. I've built back most of it since, but that was pretty rough.

bad skin?
LolOh, I like them. I just don't think they are all that special. Big boobs are not the best boobs, imo.

'shuke said:
About six weeks ago we head out to a local Italian restaurant for a meal. We have the little guy with us, so we want to park as close to the entrance as possible. There are two cars about to leave near the front, and an open spot to the left of them, but these two are talking to each other like it's a last farewell, and the driver on the left is standing with her door wide open yapping away so that we can't pull in. We idle the car about 15 feet away making it evident that we're waiting for either of them to leave, or for her to move her fat sow ass out of the way. A good minute goes by (felt like longer), and I'm nearly visibly steaming at this point. They are just blabbing like this is their personal driveway.What happened next was almost beyond comprehension. Instead of getting in her car and driving away like a normal human, this woman decides to walk into the store next door leaving her driver side door wide open and blocking us from pulling into the available spot. So, not only has she not left, but she's actively keeping us from parking in an open spot. I'm actually stunned that anyone could be 1) this oblivious and/or 2) this rude. Realizing that she probably struck up another impromptu conversation with someone in the store, I get out of the car and calmly walk over to her still running vehicle and close the door. I wave to my wife to pull the car in, while this skank's parking lot chat partner looks at me like I just killed a puppy. Sure, I laid a hand on a $50k Mercedes while it was still running, but this is asinine, and frankly, she's lucky I didn't put in drive and run the thing into the brick wall that lay ahead. As my wife pulls our car in (she's not the greatest at parking), she pulls too close to the Mercedes for anyone to access the driver's door. Of course this whore come bumbling out of the store and is aghast at this act of defiance. She meekly mutters "I can't get in." Within a microsecond, I shot back something, but I was so steamed I don't even remember what it was. All I know is that she stopped talking. My wife isn't really on board with the mounting aggression (I was livid), and she repositioned the car so that this nihilist ####### can get in her car. As we walk by the other guy, he is just sitting there dumbfounded.It's #### like this that just blows my mind. The complete indifference to the world around you is stunning to me. Nothing will get me more ticked off.

'shuke said:
About six weeks ago we head out to a local Italian restaurant for a meal. We have the little guy with us, so we want to park as close to the entrance as possible. There are two cars about to leave near the front, and an open spot to the left of them, but these two are talking to each other like it's a last farewell, and the driver on the left is standing with her door wide open yapping away so that we can't pull in. We idle the car about 15 feet away making it evident that we're waiting for either of them to leave, or for her to move her fat sow ass out of the way. A good minute goes by (felt like longer), and I'm nearly visibly steaming at this point. They are just blabbing like this is their personal driveway.What happened next was almost beyond comprehension. Instead of getting in her car and driving away like a normal human, this woman decides to walk into the store next door leaving her driver side door wide open and blocking us from pulling into the available spot. So, not only has she not left, but she's actively keeping us from parking in an open spot. I'm actually stunned that anyone could be 1) this oblivious and/or 2) this rude. Realizing that she probably struck up another impromptu conversation with someone in the store, I get out of the car and calmly walk over to her still running vehicle and close the door. I wave to my wife to pull the car in, while this skank's parking lot chat partner looks at me like I just killed a puppy. Sure, I laid a hand on a $50k Mercedes while it was still running, but this is asinine, and frankly, she's lucky I didn't put in drive and run the thing into the brick wall that lay ahead. As my wife pulls our car in (she's not the greatest at parking), she pulls too close to the Mercedes for anyone to access the driver's door. Of course this whore come bumbling out of the store and is aghast at this act of defiance. She meekly mutters "I can't get in." Within a microsecond, I shot back something, but I was so steamed I don't even remember what it was. All I know is that she stopped talking. My wife isn't really on board with the mounting aggression (I was livid), and she repositioned the car so that this nihilist ####### can get in her car. As we walk by the other guy, he is just sitting there dumbfounded.It's #### like this that just blows my mind. The complete indifference to the world around you is stunning to me. Nothing will get me more ticked off.
That felt good to read. I had a road rage incident last week that left me trembling in anger.

Users who are viewing this thread