What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

'shamwow! said:
Had a really awkward conversation with ex-future-ex-mrs. fish. We basically broke up over not seeing eye-to-eye about parenting stuff. We made a half-hearted attempt to try to see if we could work things out, but it was clear that it wouldn't work. Today I let her know that it's never going to work, and I'm done talking about it.

I told her that I think her daughter is on the autism spectrum and she should get her evaluated. She flipped out. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'm right. I have a friend with two ASD kids, and I've learned a whole bunch from her about the warning signs for parents. This kid has a lot of red flags. Mom's in complete denial that her kid has any issues, but the daughter just started kindergarten and already got put in a group that meets at lunch with a counselor and the principal because of inappropriate behavior in the classroom.

I know I wouldn't take it well if someone told me there was something "off" about my daughter, but I was around this girl for 6 months and she's definitely got some problems. Mom's just too defensive to admit that they exist.
A good high school friend of mine has a daughter who I'm sure has Asberger's. I don't see them much, maybe once a year, but I keep saying to myself "something is just off here." Her speech was so slow to develop and even when it did, she had this weird way of talking and strange personality. By the time she hit 7 there was just no way to believe this was a normally developing girl. I've never discussed it with them for many of the reasons you mention, but is this just what people do? It's not like he's an acquaintance. I've known this guy since junior high. You'd think he'd tell me what's going on. I suppose there could be some latent shame or something (no reason for it, but I could see that being a natural reaction), but it puts me in a weird position when I can tell something is up yet they never speak to it.
some people just don't like to talk about anything that "reflects negatively" or "shows signs of weakness" on them. I've been very open our Mrs. TF and I's inability to create a child without modern science and a large bag of cash (or as my Mom would like to call it "God's little miracle babies")...but we have friends who have the same issues who jsut don't talk about it at all, like they're some kind of failure :shrug:
Do you want to punch your mom for her complete lack of logic there?
:lmao: It's really more comical than anything...b/c it literally was science that created them. She doesn't beat us down with religion, so it's all good. Plus when I say, "Mom, the church is literally against the way we had our kids...don't you think that's wrong?" She gets it....but she's just a faithful person :shrug: I'm fine with people being religious as long as they're not shoving it down my throat

'Uruk-Hai said:
Great news, Bart!
Thanks GB.
'Guster said:
Sorry to hear that your wife loves you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you
Yeah I know right? I just slept for almost 13 straight hours without waking up once. OhMyGodthat was awesome.I would still be sleeping but I have work to do.See you cats later.ETA Oh yeah, feels good to have the gold around my neck again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a conversation with Ricky Rubio.Me: "How's the knee"Ricky: "Good, man, good."Me: "Right on."
Do they still do camp at SJU?
How is marriage camp coming along?
A little backstory here?
Woz and his wife aren't religious but are getting married in the Catholic church so they are making him and his wife attend marriage camp and stuff and charging him a ton of money to do so.That's what I remember anyway.

Just had a conversation with Ricky Rubio.Me: "How's the knee"Ricky: "Good, man, good."Me: "Right on."
A little backstory here?
Woz and his wife aren't religious but are getting married in the Catholic church so they are making him and his wife attend marriage camp and stuff and charging him a ton of money to do so.That's what I remember anyway.
I think Woz also has to buy three rings or something.

A little backstory here?
two for himself as well, IIRC.doesn't want to wear the good one when he's pumping iron or crushing softballs.

A little backstory here?
two for himself as well, IIRC.doesn't want to wear the good one when he's pumping iron or crushing softballs.
Wonder how many "push presents" he'll have to give when they start having kids.

A little backstory here?
Didn't that happen a long time ago?

A little backstory here?
1. Engagement Ring2. Wedding Ring3. SufferRing

I listed my wife's car on Craigslist last week for $4,900 and sold it within 24 hours for $5,000 to a gal in Southern Utah who has been looking for this specific car, but found no inventory for it where she lives (out in the sticks, I guess). She financed the purchase through a credit union, so it took about a week for her to get everything squared away. From what I understand, Obama's Cash for Clunkers program stripped out a LOT of the used car inventory that was floating around, so for the first time car buyers (which this gal is, fresh out of college) the pickings for reliable used cars under $5,000 is slim.

Anyhow, YEAH OBAMA!!! :nonpoliticaltangent:

Also, I couldn't help but facebook stalk the new buyer. :wub:

Wife is pretty bummed to sell her car. She bought it when she graduated from college and it served her very well. But we need a little something bigger and since I am pot committed to riding my bike to and from work this winter, we don't need two cars sitting in our garage.

Anyhow, coming soon, my MINI VAN THREAD!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I listed my wife's car on Craigslist last week for $4,900 and sold it within 24 hours for $5,000 to a gal in Southern Utah who has been looking for this specific car, but found no inventory for it where she lives (out in the sticks, I guess). She financed the purchase through a credit union, so it took about a week for her to get everything squared away. From what I understand, Obama's Cash for Clunkers program stripped out a LOT of the used car inventory that was floating around, so for the first time car buyers (which this gal is, fresh out of college) the pickings for reliable used cars under $5,000 is slim.

Wife is pretty bummed to sell her car. She bought it when she graduated from college and it served her very well. But we need a little something bigger and since I am pot committed to riding my bike to and from work this winter, we don't need two cars sitting in our garage.

Anyhow, coming soon, my MINI VAN THREAD!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
I can't imagine why anyone would buy a minivan. Ever.

I can't imagine why anyone would buy a minivan. Ever.
Have you driven a minivan? Well? Have you?VROOOOOOOOOOM

Let's talk alternatives to the mini-van then, shall we?

NEEDS

- Used car, 3 years old or older

- Ideally less than $20,000

- Suitable for a family of 5 or more

- Must be somewhat fuel efficient and by that, I mean NOT a Dodge Durango or a Yukon - those things are brutal on gas

- Tough enough to take up and over the mountains with storage to hold our camping gear

I think I'm destined to buy a used minivan, but perhaps not. I am not the world's greatest car buyer, but I have always bought used cars and drive them for several years. I will never consider a lease and I will never buy brand new.

NEEDS

- Must be somewhat fuel efficient and by that, I mean NOT a Dodge Durango or a Yukon - those things are brutal on gas

- Tough enough to take up and over the mountains with storage to hold our camping gear

I think I'm destined to buy a used minivan, but perhaps not. I am not the world's greatest car buyer, but I have always bought used cars and drive them for several years. I will never consider a lease and I will never buy brand new.
My link

Who is going to start up the Woz Divorce Pool?
8 years. There's literally 0 chance they're together when they're old.
Any kids?
How many are his?
Most of the white ones
Jesus! :lmao:
He did say "most". I would say "some".

NEEDS

My link
That's way gayer than a minivan.

Looks like I will be heading to Seattle for work between 12/10 and 12/18, which means the weekend will be spent in the NW.

Now, do I stay in Seattle over the weekend, head south for Portland, or north to Vancouver?

Tips, opinions and comments most welcome.

TIA YIC

Looks like I will be heading to Seattle for work between 12/10 and 12/18, which means the weekend will be spent in the NW. Now, do I stay in Seattle over the weekend, head south for Portland, or north to Vancouver?Tips, opinions and comments most welcome.TIA YIC
I've always wanted to visit Vancouver.

NEEDS

My link
$36,477 :shock:

NEEDS

You should be able to pickup a 3-4 year old Toyota Highlander for between 20-25k.I would highly recommend. Third row seating - fits 7 comfortably, road trips, you can easily pack a family of five and full luggage (including two car seats if necessary). Gets about 20 mpg around town and 28-30 highway mpg. and this isn't the sticker mpg that fabricates and adds 5-10%, this is guru_007, tightwad, reset the tripometer every fillup, 60k miles approved mpg.

I'd say this is the best family vehicle I've ever purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread