What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (3 Viewers)

sports_fan said:
Village Idiot said:
The general public in Memphis is starting to panic over this terrible start.

Guys on the radio shows are wondering what is going on.

Change the coach and go to a new more up tempo system when last year's system got you 56 wins would seem to be a good place

to start.

And I think after what the Spurs did to them on D in the playoffs, as many teams thgat can copy that formual will copy it against them.

The Grizzlies beat the hell out of the Warriors because Golden State isn't really that good on the interior on D so they really can't do what the Spurs did to Memphis last year.

Or maybe some of it is Randolph is a year older, he's not exactly young.
What was the reasoning for getting rid of Lionel Hollins? I really didn't understand that move.
New owner who basically didn't realize just how good he had it with Hollins. Plus, Hollins tended to rub people the wrong way.

sports_fan said:
Village Idiot said:
The general public in Memphis is starting to panic over this terrible start.

Guys on the radio shows are wondering what is going on.

Change the coach and go to a new more up tempo system when last year's system got you 56 wins would seem to be a good place

to start.

And I think after what the Spurs did to them on D in the playoffs, as many teams thgat can copy that formual will copy it against them.

The Grizzlies beat the hell out of the Warriors because Golden State isn't really that good on the interior on D so they really can't do what the Spurs did to Memphis last year.

Or maybe some of it is Randolph is a year older, he's not exactly young.
What was the reasoning for getting rid of Lionel Hollins? I really didn't understand that move.
New owner who basically didn't realize just how good he had it with Hollins. Plus, Hollins tended to rub people the wrong way.
Anything to do with a "boring" style of play and not having great attendance despite having a contender?

sports_fan said:
Rubio had it going last night

16 assists in 3 quarters. He didn't play at all in the 4th.
Rubio playing with Love and Brewer is perfect for him. Brewer runs out ahead and Rubio does a great job of passing head. Love does such a good job of creating space in the post and presenting a target, plus he's smart and understands the angles Rubio tries to find.

Slapdash said:
pollardsvision said:
Timmay said:
Is it too early to talk about the Bobcats being in the playoff hunt????

Big Al could carry them with the shooters they have outside to spread the floor.
It's never too early to talk about the Bobcats being in the playoff hunt (it might even be the case that we need to talk about it early because we can't do it later on).

Though, the part about shooters outside is going to be tough. Their best outside shooters might be McBob and Tolliver (aside from Gordon who isn't playing at all). I'm pretty thankful for them, actually, and think they should both pair up nicely with Al. Really like McBob. Still only 26. He can spread the floor and pass pretty well.

Al should open things up for Kemba/Hendo/Sessions. They've played most of their CHA career with zero offensive threats in the paint.

An odd team, for sure, but what they lack in outside shooting, they help make up for with the ability to get to the line (2nd in the league with 31.4 attempts/game).
McRoberts has been my favorite since some point last year, just really like his game.

Kemba seems to be in a pretty big slump right now, he must be hurt.

Curious what you think of Zeller so far?
Don't know what to think yet. Starting to get a little worried that all the draft day concerns will end up being right, but it's early.

I know its blasphemy to say but Bargnani has looked great for the Knicks all things considered. He obviously still has not learned how to play help defense as evidenced by the recent clip but he has really opened up the floor for Melo by hitting mid range and 3s at an efficient rate.

Kinda weird that we're not talking Pacers in this thread, no?

I watched a good bit of Grizz-Pacers last night. Jeebus. Gun to my head I think I'd take the Pacers over the Heat in a seven game series right now.
Well, the problem is they aren't playing right now. The Pacers look more complete than last year and certainly should be deeper, but injuries and fatigue haven't even started to leave their mark on this season.
Of course. And the Heat are doing their usual November/December slow play, which is the right move for them. I'm just saying that this team looks like something special to my eye. I always hesitate jump to conclusions based on smaller sample sizes, but I'm wowed every time I turn them on. Plus I think we have to add another superstar to the short list of marquee NBA names, which is always a good thing for the league.
The Pacers are for real. George and Hibbert are both improved and guve them two beasts onthe defensive end. As for injuries, I'd take my chances on the Pacers staying healthier than the Heat.
The key is the health of Hibbert. If the Pacers make it through relatively healthy, look out! Pacers homer here, but Stevenson has really matured on the court. Granger coming off the bench makes the bench deadly. Watson, Granger, Scola is a lot to defend for most 2nd stringers.

The Pacers are on a mission and Hibbert has said he wants to win the defensive MVP, so they have that to play for besides the championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
simmonjm said:
I know its blasphemy to say but Bargnani has looked great for the Knicks all things considered. He obviously still has not learned how to play help defense as evidenced by the recent clip but he has really opened up the floor for Melo by hitting mid range and 3s at an efficient rate.
He's always been passable as a post defender. Quick feet and a legit 7'+. Its the help D/rebounding that is atrocious.

Enjoy it while it last. He's sitting at career highs almost across the board right now. No way he keeps shooting like this.

simmonjm said:
He's always been passable as a post defender. Quick feet and a legit 7'+. Its the help D/rebounding that is atrocious.

Enjoy it while it last. He's sitting at career highs almost across the board right now. No way he keeps shooting like this.
Plus, last night was pretty easy. No way he'd look that good against a polished low-post scorer.

"Good said:
That was a good call on Harden at the end of the NYK/HOU game btw, his initial foul came before Melo got the shot up.
that was a crazy play. Good game - Houston d is terrible but looks improved with jones in there for some reason. Melo is underrated in my opinion. The fact that a guy who can score so much and so easily doesn't make most fans top-10 lists is bizarre.

"Good said:
That was a good call on Harden at the end of the NYK/HOU game btw, his initial foul came before Melo got the shot up.
that was a crazy play. Good game - Houston d is terrible but looks improved with jones in there for some reason. Melo is underrated in my opinion. The fact that a guy who can score so much and so easily doesn't make most fans top-10 lists is bizarre.
I think his poor shooting %'s suggest it isn't quite so easy for him compared to other top scorers.

Also, big fan of his away from the ball foul last night in the last two minutes.

Asik isn't going to bring much, he wants out and teams know he wants out. Plus his contract is inflated with what he brings to the table.

I can see something along the lines of Amir Johnson and Landry Fields for Asik. If the money is right. I know Fields has a fairly big contract. If I were the Rockets, I would be looking for a different trade partner.

Raptors interested in acquiring Asik

:wall:
Please god not for Rudy Gay.

Who else do you have that we may want? Need a real power forwArd and depth at shooting guard.
I have no one that you may want.

Only think that makes sense for the Rockets is Amir Johnson. But I don't see why Toronto would give up the better player, with a better contract for a player that would be fighting for minutes with "the future" of the team. Johnson makes a lot of sense for Houston. I guess if Toronto could get Houston to eat some salary in the deal (Novak/Fields) it might makes sense.

Hopefully the guy (Sam Amico) is just full of #### .

Asik wants to leave to get more playing time. Toronto makes no sense because they already have a centre they think is a key piece moving forward.

Good Posting Judge said:
I can agree with this but if the ref is going to blow the whistle so quickly the Knicks should have had around 4 or 5 seconds instead of 2 or 3 seconds on the last possession.

Raptors interested in acquiring Asik

:wall:
Please god not for Rudy Gay.

Who else do you have that we may want? Need a real power forwArd and depth at shooting guard.
I have no one that you may want.

Only think that makes sense for the Rockets is Amir Johnson. But I don't see why Toronto would give up the better player, with a better contract for a player that would be fighting for minutes with "the future" of the team. Johnson makes a lot of sense for Houston. I guess if Toronto could get Houston to eat some salary in the deal (Novak/Fields) it might makes sense.

Hopefully the guy (Sam Amico) is just full of #### .
Thad Young would be a perfect fit for the Rockets. It doesn't seem like Philly is all that high on him.

You know, I think I enjoy NBA Countdown more than Inside the NBA these days, at least when Simmons is on (he's getting much better on TV).

TNT is still good, but the schtick is starting to wear thin (especially when it devolves into just commercials interrrupted by schtick).

Countdown's working through and trying out some pretty stupid segments, but you can see it's going to be great when they settle in.

Rudy Gay leading the league in field goal attempts all while shooting .365 from the floor. Well done
He was pretty entertaining last night. After the debacle in Houston, he come out dead set on passing. He actually assisted on the first two baskets for Toronto. Guess he figured that was good enough so he returned to his repertoire of turn-around-fadeaway jumpers, holding the ball at the 3 point line for 15 seconds then taking the shot or driving the lane, getting triple teamed and never once looking for the pass.
They still won tho, which is infuriating. I was hoping that with Masai in attendance at the Champions Classic he'd pass on a tank memo to Casey. Then again, maybe he did but Casey failed to execute, as usual.
As much as I think Casey needs to go, he does have them playing some very good D and rebounding. Whether we can attribute that to his coaching or not is up for debate though.
I do think Casey had something to do with it, but he has had the fortune of not having Bargnani as his starting 4/5 for most of his tenure. Relative to the 5 yrs prior to his tenure, he looks amazing, but how much of that is really him and not the change in personel (Amir and Val vs. Bargs and Bosh)? I'm also quite certain that what he gives us in D&R he more than gives up on the Offense end and in poor rotations.
Poor rotations? How is having Acy, Hansbrough, Buycks, Ross and Novak on the floor together considered a poor rotation???

You'd think J.R. Smith and Brandon Jennings would be sympatico. They have so much in common, like shot selection.

Time for some Pistons on national TV. I am hoping they eventually find a way to gel. There is a lot of talent, but like many here said, it may not be a winning combo of players.

Time for some Pistons on national TV. I am hoping they eventually find a way to gel. There is a lot of talent, but like many here said, it may not be a winning combo of players.
Couldn't believe this was on national TV.
What Pistons vs Kings doesn't get your heart thumping? Lots of talented young big guys in the game.
I'm thrilled (Kings fan on the east coast). That doesn't mean I'm not surprised.

Couldn't believe this was on national TV.
What Pistons vs Kings doesn't get your heart thumping? Lots of talented young big guys in the game.
I assume he's pretty excited about it (just surprised).

This should be a wonderfully ugly game, and I couldn't be more excited myself.

Users who are viewing this thread