What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2014 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Interesting to see Stephen Houston that high. Are there any complete game videos of him on the internet? From the numbers out there, it looks like he has pretty good college stats, good size, and bad speed.
Here he is vs Ohio State 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKGAb9t8RY
He has the tendency to run through the hole with his head down and he does it often. I've only seen 4 games but that's what I've noticed the most.

Tex

Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Rams recently "descended upon Rock Hill, SC," and have done their "due diligence" on South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney.

It's hardly surprising for a team with the No. 2 overall pick to do its due diligence on the draft's most talented player, but the Rams are perhaps the only team in the league without the need for a franchise-changing pass rusher. More than likely, this is part of the Rams' efforts to drum up trade interest in the No. 2 pick. Clowney would improve any team — even one with Robert Quinn and Chris Long — but St. Louis is not his most-likely destination.

Related: Rams

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Saw a brief clip on NFL.com with Ebron and Clowney preparing for their draft. Clowney looked awkward AF coming out of the blocks. Feet were a mess, pointing sideways like a duck. I don't know if that says anything at all about his potential as a DE because 40 speed probably doesn't matter much, but it was just something that stood out to me. Ebron, on the other hand, seemed to have good efficient sprinting technique.

That's nice, but ultimately pretty hollow. These guys are all expert at saying the right things.

"I'm a changed man."

"I've learned from my mistakes."

"That's not who I am."

"I just want to focus on the future."

Etc, etc, etc.

Charles Rogers was great at saying the right things. So was Justin Blackmon. It's the actions that matter. Not the words or the intentions.

Hill's background is less troubling to me than someone with heavy substance abuse problems, but you'd have to be pretty gullible to take his words at face value. Truth is we won't know if he's really learned from his mistakes until some time has passed and he hasn't screwed up yet. I like his game though and think he'll go 2nd-3rd round regardless.

Ebron played fast in college. If he runs in the 4.4s he has a good chance of being a top 10 pick. I'm not sure where that will put him in rookie drafts. TE premium leagues he will be a top 3 pick but in more traditional leagues he could still be a top 6ish pick. If he runs that fast he's basically a more fluid Vernon Davis. Think about that.

Ebron played fast in college. If he runs in the 4.4s he has a good chance of being a top 10 pick. I'm not sure where that will put him in rookie drafts. TE premium leagues he will be a top 3 pick but in more traditional leagues he could still be a top 6ish pick. If he runs that fast he's basically a more fluid Vernon Davis. Think about that.
Heading out the door, but you can find clips of him getting caught from behind on several big plays last year.

To me that indicates that if he has does have 4.4 speed, he's more of a quick accelerator than a high top speed guy.

That's fine for football. Probably preferable even. I don't think he's really a jaw-dropping burner though.

Don't like the VD comparison because he's not that fast, but he's more of a natural route runner and receiver.

To me he's a lot like Kellen "I'm a soldier" Winslow.

Heading out the door, but you can find clips of him getting caught from behind on several big plays last year.

To me that indicates that if he has does have 4.4 speed, he's more of a quick accelerator than a high top speed guy.

That's fine for football. Probably preferable even. I don't think he's really a jaw-dropping burner though.

Don't like the VD comparison because he's not that fast, but he's more of a natural route runner and receiver.

Oh ok I thought he broke some big TD's this year. To me how he plays on the field is way more important than his 40 time.

I can buy that comparison. Winslow's career was derailed by injuries, but he was probably the best TE prospect in the past 10-15 years.

Saw a brief clip on NFL.com with Ebron and Clowney preparing for their draft. Clowney looked awkward AF coming out of the blocks. Feet were a mess, pointing sideways like a duck. I don't know if that says anything at all about his potential as a DE because 40 speed probably doesn't matter much, but it was just something that stood out to me. Ebron, on the other hand, seemed to have good efficient sprinting technique.
Yea, Clowney looked pretty knock-kneed and had horrible form. I think he'll disappoint in the 40. Though, when the pads go on, the "football speed" is there.

2014 pre-combine average prospect ranking

Sources:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker/by-name#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2014/top-nfl-prospects-for-2014.cfm

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2014.asp

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014bigboard.php

Method: Top 30 for each site (29 for fftoolbox), then assigned value of 31 for rest, take average.

Plan is to do a post combine and see risers/fallers.

[SIZE=small]Name[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Pos[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]School[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Avg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Sammy Watkins[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Clemson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Teddy Bridgewater[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Loiusville[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Blake Bortles[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Central Florida[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Eric Ebron[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TE[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]North Carolina[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Johnny Manziel[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Texas A&M[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Mike Evans[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Texas A&M[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Marqise Lee[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]USC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Kelvin Benjamin[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Florida State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Odell Beckham Jr[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]LSU[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]11.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Derek Carr[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Fresno State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]11.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]11[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Allen Robinson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Penn State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]12[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jace Amaro[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TE[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Texas Tech[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]13.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Austin Seferian-Jenkins[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TE[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Washington[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]14.8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]14[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Carlos Hyde[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Ohio State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]15.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]15[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Brandin Cooks[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Oregon State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]17.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]16[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Ka'Deem Carey[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Arizona[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]17.8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]17[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jordan Matthews[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Vanderbilt[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]18.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]18[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jarvis Landry[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]LSU[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]18.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]19[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Davante Adams[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Fresno State[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]18.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]20[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Tre Mason[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Auburn[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]20.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]21[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jeremy Hill[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]LSU[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]22.8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]22[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Bishop Sankey[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Washington[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]22.8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]23[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Paul Richardson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Colorado[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]23.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]24[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jared Abbrederis[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Wisconsin[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]26.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]25[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Troy Niklas[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TE[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Notre Dame[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]26.6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]26[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Tajh Boyd[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Clemson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]27.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]27[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]A.J. McCarron[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Alabama[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]27.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]28[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Donte Moncrief[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Mississippi[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]27.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]29[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Jimmy Garoppolo[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]QB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Eastern Illinois[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]27.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]30[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Lache Seastrunk[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]RB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Baylor[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]27.6[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
EBF - you were very clear stating that Ebron is nothing like Vernon Davis....

You said it not me...

You said it not me...
He wasn't talking about his 40 time when he said that.

That's nice, but ultimately pretty hollow. These guys are all expert at saying the right things.

"I'm a changed man."

"That's not who I am."

Etc, etc, etc.

Charles Rogers was great at saying the right things. So was Justin Blackmon. It's the actions that matter. Not the words or the intentions.

Hill's background is less troubling to me than someone with heavy substance abuse problems, but you'd have to be pretty gullible to take his words at face value. Truth is we won't know if he's really learned from his mistakes until some time has passed and he hasn't screwed up yet. I like his game though and think he'll go 2nd-3rd round regardless.
Who cares - most talented RB in the draft! He punched some dude from behind.... There is no explaining... Look at video:http://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/07/12/2512545/

No explaining can be done....

But-watch this:

Dude is a stud!!!!

EBF - you were very clear stating that Ebron is nothing like Vernon Davis....You said it not me...
Yes he was! He specifically said Ebron was not as fast as Davis.......I'll go and find his comment if you/he wants???

Yea, Clowney looked pretty knock-kneed and had horrible form. I think he'll disappoint in the 40. Though, when the pads go on, the "football speed" is there.
Who cares.... He is the best talent in the draft!!!!

I can buy that comparison. Winslow's career was derailed by injuries, but he was probably the best TE prospect in the past 10-15 years.
I agree with you! He was the surest thing ever!!! Too bad he was introduced to Japanese motorcycles....

I care. For a guy to hype himself up so much, I think he's gonna do poorly in the 40.

"I'm a changed man."

"That's not who I am."

Etc, etc, etc.

This is pretty judgemental of you.... So a man has some alcohol/substance abuse problems and you are ready to write him off...??? That takes your advice off of my draft board.....

Justin Blackmon may set the all time best receiving record.....

You don't know.... Every lineman is on something!!!!

I care. For a guy to hype himself up so much, I think he's gonna do poorly in the 40.
Your wrong! He does not need to hype himself. His talent does it all!

You said it not me...
The EBF protector... ConnSKINS26....

EBF - you were very clear stating that Ebron is nothing like Vernon Davis....You said it not me...
Yes he was! He specifically said Ebron was not as fast as Davis.......I'll go and find his comment if you/he wants???
Is your contention that Ebron is going to run a 4.38 or faster? It's not happening.

I could go and find EBF's specific comments if you'd like.... EBF SAID THAT EBRON WAS NOTHING CLOSE TO VERNON DAVIS (Davis was a special with elite talents and Ebron is nothing close to his talent). He was also extremely high on EIFERT - (WRONG).

Nobody hyped himself.....Who cares.... He is the best talent in the draft!!!!

You said it not me...
Was he talking about his fast-twitches???...

I could go and find EBF's specific comments if you'd like.... EBF SAID THAT EBRON WAS NOTHING CLOSE TO VERNON DAVIS (Davis was a special with elite talents and Ebron is nothing close to his talent). He was also extremely high on EIFERT - (WRONG).
Did you use your time machine to confirm that it's wrong to be extremely high on Eifert?

I read the exchange you're talking about. That's why I commented. Ebron won't run as ridiculous of a 40 (aka slower than 4.38) but is probably a more natural receiver. That was the gist. Davis was a ridiculous athlete, a workout warrior at the combine, and even if Ebron ends up being the better receiver, he won't beat the marks set by Davis at the combine.

Thank you for ripping out your exclamation mark key from the keyboard, that was very polite. I appreciate it.

You specifically have stated that Ebron is nothing like Vernon Davis (what were your exact words again???- nothing near the talent of Vernon Davis). You have also shown absolute man love for Tyler Eifert.

Documenting for EBF

Brewtown said:
Leaning that way myself. Sankey is way at the bottom of my 2nd tier. Ranked about 18-23 on my preliminary list.
Memorializing this for later! Sankey is a stud!!!
Sankey had a GREAT showing at the combine!He even ran a faster 40 than Seastrunk!

WOW!!
Your enthusiasm for Sankey boarders on infatuation. There's just not much to be excited about when you actually watch him play. Looks awfully ordinary to me.

Brewtown said:
Leaning that way myself. Sankey is way at the bottom of my 2nd tier. Ranked about 18-23 on my preliminary list.
Sankey had a GREAT showing at the combine!He even ran a faster 40 than Seastrunk!

WOW!!
Your enthusiasm for Sankey boarders on infatuation. There's just not much to be excited about when you actually watch him play. Looks awfully ordinary to me.
I'm liking his game.

http://youtu.be/S6kmq_sqblg

Watch this video and try not to fall in love with Bishop Sankey....

I double dawg dare ya....
For you English majoring scout types I'll drop some adjectives and verbs:

VISION

NORTH/SOUTH RUNNER

GREAT BURST

SPEED

TOUGH RUNNER

GREAT CUTTING ABILITY

WILL BE A GOOD ONE CUT RUNNER

GREAT HANDS

ATHLETICISM

DOESN'T GO DOWN EASY

A NOSE FOR THE END ZONE

Did I miss anything?
Watch the above video to view what he did against tough competition.

Look at his combine results:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bishop-sankey?id=2543682

I guess ordinary is harsh and not exactly the word I'm looking for. He just doesn't look special in any aspect of his game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good solid prospect, but I'd rather have someone who has special attributes. In my eyes his game is similar to Mason's but Mason is more sudden and has better agility/quickness. I see someone who can be special in Mason.

I guess ordinary is harsh and not exactly the word I'm looking for. He just doesn't look special in any aspect of his game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good solid prospect, but I'd rather have someone who has special attributes. In my eyes his game is similar to Mason's but Mason is more sudden and has better agility/quickness. I see someone who can be special in Mason.
I like them both. They look somewhat similar.I'd give the edge to Sankey as he looked a little smoother (catching and cutting).

Sankey also benched 225 26 times (stronger than many linemen) yet still ran faster than Mason and Seastrunk. That's a nice speed/strength combo, and that is hardly ordinary...

Brewtown said:

WOW!!
I'm liking his game.
As do I

I like them both. They look somewhat similar.I'd give the edge to Sankey as he looked a little smoother (catching and cutting).

Sankey also benched 225 26 times (stronger than many linemen) yet still ran faster than Mason and Seastrunk. That's a nice speed/strength combo, and that is hardly ordinary...
I don't know how long Sankey's arms are, but I know they aren't as long as the large majority of the 6'3-6'4 O-Linemen, ergo it's not a fair comparison as arm length has a big impact on bench press.

Not to mention I think it's foolish to full-heartedly connect bench press to applicable rushing strength for a RB, among the many other weak associations people make with combine numbers, imo. Heck, Shane Vereen benched 225 31 times at the combine, and he certainly hasn't been running over any defenders in the NFL. And Marshawn Lynch, arguably the league's best tackle breaker, only benched 225 20 times at the combine.

Users who are viewing this thread