What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (11 Viewers)

After I had my morning movement, a mighty one, a little nugget about the size of half an almond joy survived.

He survived 7-8 flushes today but finally bit the big one.

Im a little sad about it. I was rooting for him and wanted to see how long he could make it.

Tomorrow morning he is getting a 21 toot salute.

Semper fi

Guster, here's another crab cake recipe if you'd like a simpler choice. You know - from someone who actually GREW UP ON THE CHESAPEAKE.

1 lb crab meat (it'll make 5-6 cakes)

2 slices of white bread, decrusted & crumbled

2 TBS Mayo

2 TSP Old Bay (cos was right that this can overpower the crab, so no more than this and you can omit if you want)

2 TSP Parsley (optional - more for looks than taste)

1/2 TSP prepared mustard (I like horseradish mustard to offset the sweetness of the rest, but use what you like)

1 egg, beaten

Mix bread, Mayo, OB, parsley, mustard, and egg into a bowl. Gently knead in crab meat and patty.

Melt 3 TBS of butter (preferred but will kill you) or Canola oil in skillet. Cast iron, as always, is best but it's fine if you use another breed. Brown one side of cake pretty well and flip once to brown other side. Even with the glue, they may want to fall apart if you manhandle them so be fairly gentle.

To cos' point about claw vs backfin: I'm fine using claw (I'm the opposite of most as I think it's sweeter than backfin), but your cakes won't be as pretty (unless you shred it, which is a waste of time). The hunks are bigger and you'll get some penile-looking protuberances sticking out instead of almost-perfect little circles. I don't give a #### how it looks.

Which ever recipe you use, enjoy!
This is a good recipe and I've used ones very similar.

I like the bell peppers as much for the color but the nuance of flavor i prefer to parsley. I also usually add some celery or tiny bit of celery seed. Bottom line, if it's the recommended 70-80 % crab and you cook it in butter, it's gonna be good.

Kool Aid is gross. It's like watered down juice.
:goodposting: I agree it's like watered down sugar with color.

I noticed the choice of "endowed" instead of "well-endowed".
endowed by our creator with ... something
Unalienable rights. That means ALF can't have them.
Our (25 yo?) marketing gal is scared to death of ALF. :mellow: Fortunately its the only impression I can kind of do. :thumbup:

Need to vent for a minute...So, some of you may remember that I moved my family back to my home state from Missouri. We have gotten settled in and things have been going well. The other day my youngest son, 8 years old, is waking up for school. My wife was having a colonoscopy so i was the one in charge of the whole morning. Anyway, my 8 year old wakes up and breaks into tears when I tell him that it is Wednesday and it is a schol day. After a little bit of tallking i finally get out of him why he is so upset. Evidently a 4th grade on the bus had told him the other day that he was going to kill him, that he hated my son, just shut up and then he tried to hit him.

Ugh - I drove my 2 sons into school. Weighed in my mind what to do. I wanted to go all MOP here but decided to take a more rational stance. I dropped a note to my sons teacher and let her know what had occured and wanted to know if she could help out. Maybe make sure that he sat with my older son on the bus and that the bus driver was aware of the situation just to keep them apart if they could. HIs teacher sent us a note back that she had forwarded my note to the Assistant Pricinpal. Got a call form the Assistant Principal and things are being handled.

My vent is that i really hate kids sometimes. I don't get why a kids would ever say to another that they were going to kill them. It just makes no sense to me. I have no idea what is going to happen to the kid. School said they could not give us the outcome of the discussion they were going to have with the kid. Worst part is that neither of my boys knew the kids name. So, my youngest had to go onthe bus with the asst. principal to identify the kid. All I can hope is that it doesn't make him some kind of target on the bus.
Dang sorry to hear man. "Kill" is a word that can really mean a lot of things other than actual murder. Hopefully the idiot kid is just that and will have the #### scared out of him. GLGB

Ok SLB, and BL...

tonight's Floppinho's afterschool "rockstar" performance. can't wait to see all the elementary school bands. :mellow:
After lining up my parents to watch the boys so we could go to Vegas in May with friends I was told we couldn't go because Cal was graduating. From 5th mother####ing shove it in my ####### grade. I went from happy eager anticipation to concentration camp in 20 minutes.

My 3 year old is going to pre-school in the fall. The same lady was there when I attended roughly 27 years ago.
How stupid do you have to be to flunk pre-school 27 times?
:lmao:
:lmao:

Meeting up with two friends from HS who also live in Portland. Only one is childless and the other shares custody with a 14 year old daughter, so both actually have, you know, social lives. I am meeting them in the uber hip and trendy NE Portland because that's where all the cool bars and restaurants are. I had hoped we could meet at like 6pm, but they said the earliest they could do it was 8pm, which once upon a time is when a young GM would have just started his nights. Now, I think I need a nap, a coffee and some synthetic drugs to make this tee time. Jesus....

After lining up my parents to watch the boys so we could go to Vegas in May with friends I was told we couldn't go because Cal was graduating. From 5th mother####ing shove it in my ####### grade. I went from happy eager anticipation to concentration camp in 20 minutes.

Could your friends move up to, say, the first weekend in April?

Meeting up with two friends from HS who also live in Portland. Only one is childless and the other shares custody with a 14 year old daughter, so both actually have, you know, social lives. I am meeting them in the uber hip and trendy NE Portland because that's where all the cool bars and restaurants are. I had hoped we could meet at like 6pm, but they said the earliest they could do it was 8pm, which once upon a time is when a young GM would have just started his nights. Now, I think I need a nap, a coffee and some synthetic drugs to make this tee time. Jesus....
Might I suggest Port Ludlow, WA, where the average age is 65? We went to baked potato night at the yacht club last night (actually actually true) to see if we want to join, and I was talking to a guy who told me he liked the club because the people there were "younger" than most of the people in this town. I looked around and didn't see a soul under 60.

Anyway, not only could you have dinner at 5 and go to bed by 9, but next Friday is hot dog night.

Before I forget, FISH, I found out where the nearest boat ramp is.

Old balls

Might I suggest Port Ludlow, WA, where the average age is 65? We went to baked potato night at the yacht club last night (actually actually true) to see if we want to join, and I was talking to a guy who told me he liked the club because the people there were "younger" than most of the people in this town. I looked around and didn't see a soul under 60.

Anyway, not only could you have dinner at 5 and go to bed by 9, but next Friday is hot dog night.

Before I forget, FISH, I found out where the nearest boat ramp is.
Baked potato night at the yacht club....

My crab cake recipe is very similar to cos'

Sauté

1/4 cup each of onion, bell pepper and celery

Mix in

1 lb lump crabmeat

1 egg

1 tablespoon mayo

1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Pan fry.

I go even further than his 80/20 rule on breadcrumbs... to me, the bread should be maybe 10% of the mix. The crab has to be the star.

Sauté

Mix in

1 lb lump crabmeat

1 egg

1 tablespoon mayo

Pan fry.

I go even further than his 80/20 rule on breadcrumbs... to me, the bread should be maybe 10% of the mix. The crab has to be the star.
Needs to be red bell pepper

Great recommendation on the Stuff You Should Know podcasts Bentley. I can't stop downloading more, and I'm listening in the car and on the treadmill.

Sauté

Mix in

1 lb lump crabmeat

1 egg

1 tablespoon mayo

Pan fry.

Everything else vs the crab <> breadcrumbs vs. everything else

Great recommendation on the Stuff You Should Know podcasts Bentley. I can't stop downloading more, and I'm listening in the car and on the treadmill.
I've listened to hundreds of these over the years. They still have Chuck and Josh doing them?
Yep.
Glad you like it so much. The chemistry between Chuck and Josh is a big part of why I love the show.
They do a great job explaining things in depth while also being easy to understand, plus humor. I've listened to shark attacks (of course), ouijia, Jack the Ripper, and Roanoke.

Roanoke was my favorite because how is that even a mystery? Seems pretty clear.

Just got off the phone with my dad. he's watching one of those alien sightings shows on tv. I expressed some skepticism but apparently my uncle saw one once. So that is the end of that conversation.

I swear I'm the white sheep of my family.

Really? I looked and some of the recent airings were:

How ice cream works.

Rainbows: delighting humanity since forever.

How hot wheels work.

Juggling: What the heck?

either I've just been masterfully fished by Willie, or... whoa- I'm giving him too much credit.

either way, I enjoyed it.
never mind :lol:
I actually agree with him here. :shrug:
Me tooDidn't see what all the fuss was about.
Ok... Humor me.... What exactly are you agreeing with?
Burritos aren't filled "front to back". And asking for the contents to be stirred up is dumb.

You can sleep in on weekends HUNDREDS OF TIMES without kids, which totally makes up for the one time you die alone.
What if your kids grow up, hate you, move away and you still die alone?

Gonna feel like a chump over all that missed sleep if that happens. Why risk it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sleep in on weekends HUNDREDS OF TIMES without kids, which totally makes up for the one time you die alone.
What if your kids could grow up, hate you, move away and you still die alone?

Gonna feel like a chump over all that missed sleep if that happens. Why risk it?
I don't get the whole dying alone thing. I'd rather die alone. Why would I want people there? Yuck.

Really? I looked and some of the recent airings were:

How ice cream works.

Rainbows: delighting humanity since forever.

How hot wheels work.

Juggling: What the heck?
Magnets: How do they work?
http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/magnets-work/

Burritos aren't filled "front to back". And asking for the contents to be stirred up is dumb.
If someone really wanted their burrito filled "front to back" couldn't they just let Chipotle do their normal gimmick, then flip the damn thing a quarter turn? Sorta weird, but *shrug*

Eating a burrito like it's corn on the cob, however, is not only just *boggle*, it's probably unforgivable and a sign that there's something legitimately wired wrong with a person.

What if your kids could grow up, hate you, move away and you still die alone?

I don't get the whole dying alone thing. I'd rather die alone. Why would I want people there? Yuck.
Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread