What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

deshutes fresh squeezed ipa

hangar 24 betty ipa

homebrew citrus hop bomb ipa - dragon slur
This stuff is my new go-to for IPAs.

I'm interested to check out their Orange Wheat.

I see you're up near their HQ... ever go on a tour?
Hangar 24 = good stuff. Love the Betty, love the Orange Wheat. Now if they could only get the alcohol content of Betty in with the taste of the Wheat. :homer:

So now I've got NoDa Hop Cakes, Hop Drop & Roll, Westbrook Gose, some Wicked Weed beers, and maybe a few surprises on the way in addition to Pliny.

What a great way to close out February...but man I gotta stop spending so much money on beer.

Wingnut said:
So now I've got NoDa Hop Cakes, Hop Drop & Roll, Westbrook Gose, some Wicked Weed beers, and maybe a few surprises on the way in addition to Pliny.

What a great way to close out February...but man I gotta stop spending so much money on beer.
I don't mind when it is truly outstanding beer. At a family gathering recently my niece told her mom, my sis, that the Nocturnum I was drinking cost over $10 bottle. My sis was honestly upset about this, in her mind imagining me drinking 6 or more a night. Her alky ex husband and her alky daughters drink like fish, cases of beer, bottles of booze, killing themselves. We probably spend the same or I spend less, so some perspective is needed. Last night I had a $12 bottle of Indian Wells Whiskey Barrell Brew. It sucked and that's the only time price bothers me. I couldn't finish it. It made me want a Coors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wingnut said:

I don't mind when it is truly outstanding beer. At a family gathering recently my niece told her mom, my sis, that the Nocturnum I was drinking cost over $10 bottle. My sis was honestly upset about this, in her mind imagining me drinking 6 or more a night. Her alky ex husband and her alky daughters drink like fish, cases of beer, bottles of booze, killing themselves. We probably spend the same or I spend less, so some perspective is needed. Last night I had a $12 bottle of Indian Wells Whiskey Barrell Brew. It sucked and that's the only time price bothers me. I couldn't finish it. It made me want a Coors.
I agree with the bold...but when you find yourself buying beers just because they're limited or you don't get to the brewery as often as you'd like, and you already have more than enough on hand...it adds up...I'm in the fortunate position to be able to buy whatever I want, but I should be putting more money away rather than spending hundreds every month on beer...but its all outstanding, so there's that. :banned:

Ilov80s said:
jamny said:
Still haven't seen Hopslam around here. :kicksrock:
You likely won't. It's gone in Michigan. Bells is even out.
When this came out my son asked my wife to run out and grab a sixer at the store by my house. They got 20 cases in, limiting purchases to one sixer per customer. $20 a pop. My son drank one and brought the rest back to me. I am into #3 tonight playing some poker online. This is some wicked stuff.

Ilov80s said:
jamny said:
When this came out my son asked my wife to run out and grab a sixer at the store by my house. They got 20 cases in, limiting purchases to one sixer per customer. $20 a pop. My son drank one and brought the rest back to me. I am into #3 tonight playing some poker online. This is some wicked stuff.
Be careful, it's pretty potent. That's basically a whole bottle of wine at this point.

Ilov80s said:
jamny said:
Be careful, it's pretty potent. That's basically a whole bottle of wine at this point.
Yeah, not going anywhere. Buzz kicked in at the end of second one. Unless you were reminding me to be careful with my bovada account balance.

Wingnut said:

I agree with the bold...but when you find yourself buying beers just because they're limited or you don't get to the brewery as often as you'd like, and you already have more than enough on hand...it adds up...I'm in the fortunate position to be able to buy whatever I want, but I should be putting more money away rather than spending hundreds every month on beer...but its all outstanding, so there's that. :banned:
:goodposting: I find myself in this boat way too often but I can't stop....I just can't miss out on a limited run that's excellent.

ditka311 said:
urbanhack said:
Pipeworks Nelson vs Sorachi Ace
how is it? I picked one up yesterday
It was great.

I like it much better than the regular Pipeworks Nelson. It isn't as malty and it reminded me more of Alpine's Nelson in that regard. Want to grab a few more and probably will even though I am on a self-imposed break.
It's not as malty but I like Nelson better. First time I am drinking anything with Sorachi hops, guessing that's what I don't care for since I know I like the Nelson. Don't get me wrong it's still a very good beer though.

Wingnut said:

Guilty.

At Cycle getting growlers of Crank, but am having a new IPA called The Impossible Way...Mosaic and Nelson hops. Pretty good.

Rogue choc stout

Founders breakfast stout

Yeti espresso

I can't find anything I like better than yeti espresso...

Does this make me a redneck? Does this segregate me from the group?

deshutes fresh squeezed ipa

hangar 24 betty ipa

homebrew citrus hop bomb ipa - dragon slur
This stuff is my new go-to for IPAs.

I'm interested to check out their Orange Wheat.

I see you're up near their HQ... ever go on a tour?
Hangar 24 = good stuff. Love the Betty, love the Orange Wheat. Now if they could only get the alcohol content of Betty in with the taste of the Wheat. :homer:
Have you had their Barrel Roll Series beers? Hammerhead and Pugachev's Cobra are both top notch.

Yeah, not going anywhere. Buzz kicked in at the end of second one. Unless you were reminding me to be careful with my bovada account balance.
My guy is telling me he might be getting a few cases in this week and will hold a case for me.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I did get some Nugget Nectar though! :thumbup:

Holy ####....I'm drinking the best Porter I've ever had - Funky Buddha's Last Snow Coconut Coffee Porter. Wow. Heard it was being released today and snagged 5 bombers between a few stores.

Insanely good. Tons of coffee and chocolate, with a brilliant coconut finish. I was gonna trade a couple, but I'm not so sure now...it tastes like coffee with a Mounds candy bar melted into it.

This is not only the best Porter I've ever had...its probably a top 20 beer for me regardless of style (and I'm not a big fan of porters). Just delicious.

BA descriptions nail it: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31805/75446/

This has become quite the esoteric thread the last several pages. Not much mainstream stuff discussed anymore.

Think I'm gonna go with Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA tonight. Tastes great, is usually available for $14.99 or $15.99 for 12 and with that you get a 7.2% ABV. Awesome bang for the buck.

This has become quite the esoteric thread the last several pages. Not much mainstream stuff discussed anymore.

Think I'm gonna go with Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA tonight. Tastes great, is usually available for $14.99 or $15.99 for 12 and with that you get a 7.2% ABV. Awesome bang for the buck.
Get out of here with your macro trash

You're face is esoteric.

We're nothing if we aren't esoteric.

Hold on, maybe we misunderstood. I am sure it's the barrel aged version.

Holy ####....I'm drinking the best Porter I've ever had - Funky Buddha's Last Snow Coconut Coffee Porter. Wow. Heard it was being released today and snagged 5 bombers between a few stores.

Insanely good. Tons of coffee and chocolate, with a brilliant coconut finish. I was gonna trade a couple, but I'm not so sure now...it tastes like coffee with a Mounds candy bar melted into it.

This is not only the best Porter I've ever had...its probably a top 20 beer for me regardless of style (and I'm not a big fan of porters). Just delicious.

That sounds awesome! Wish it was available in Chicago.

Tonight so far

Anit-Hero

Senita

That sounds awesome! Wish it was available in Chicago.Tonight so far

Anit-Hero

Senita
Most stores got 6-12 bottles total earlier in the week but not allowed to sell til today. I got lucky - the first store had a 1 bottle limit, but I talked the guy into selling me 2, (separate transactions)...then went to another store 20 minutes down the road, and took 2 to the counter, no problem. Took them outside and went back in for another. Could have (and maybe should have) bought the other 6 or 7 bottles they had. Guess the woman who rang me up wasn't aware of the limit. SCORE.

this sounds right up my alley. must find....

Stone Green Tea IPA.

I'm a green tea fan...and I love stone, but this didn't work. Opened it up at our party last night and shared with 9-10 people. All thumbs down.

Ballast Point Dorado is fantastic. IIPA.

New stone enjoy by 2/26, wonderful
Completely agree - Stone Green Tea IPA was awful.

That sounds awesome! Wish it was available in Chicago.Tonight so far

Anit-Hero

Senita
Most stores got 6-12 bottles total earlier in the week but not allowed to sell til today. I got lucky - the first store had a 1 bottle limit, but I talked the guy into selling me 2, (separate transactions)...then went to another store 20 minutes down the road, and took 2 to the counter, no problem. Took them outside and went back in for another. Could have (and maybe should have) bought the other 6 or 7 bottles they had. Guess the woman who rang me up wasn't aware of the limit. SCORE.
I do have access to good Chicago beers....just saying....

You're face is esoteric.
Newport Pizza, Monday at 3pm.
:lmao: :banned:
:PTYounger tap:

Hold on, maybe we misunderstood. I am sure it's the barrel aged version.
It does feature citra hops, which was very trendy with the esoteria a few years ago.

Treehouse brewing is close to getting their canning line up and running...this is fantastic news. From their December blog on what's coming in 2015 due to their recent expansion;

We will have a lot more beer. New equipment purchases will allow us to make at least ten times as much beer in 2015 as we did in 2014. We have a 30 bbl brewhouse landing within a few weeks and a mixture of 30 & 60 BBL tanks are already in place. How many barrels? Honestly, I dont know. but, a lot more.

Which beers will we can? To start Julius. We will be making a LOT of Julius in 2015 and beyond. To put how much into perspective, we expect to make as much Julius in three weeks - once we get rolling - as weve made in the entire three years Tree House has existed. Also making appearances, with near certainty, will be each Eureka variant (including a new Mosaic version), Green, Haze, and Thats What She Said. They will all be available in 16 oz. four packs at the retail shop.

:eek:

Julius is consistently in the top 3 IPAs on BA and is currently #1...I hope it doesn't change in the can.

Users who are viewing this thread