What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

This is a major pain:

Choose 3

Aiyuk vs WAS
Gabe Davis @ CHI
Peoples-Jones vs NOS
Mike Evans @ ARI
Demarcus Robinson vs ATL
Marquise Goodwin @ SEA

As it stands, Evans, Gabe, and Goodwin. DPJ should be a lock, but CLE looks like this for SAT

Day: Windy with snow showers possible. Highs around 15°F. Wind chill values as low as -18°F. Very windy, with a west southwest wind 28 to 33 MPH, gusting to 48 MPH. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
Aiyuk the floor is low, Goodwin has two little injuries that just popped up, and DeMarcus Robinson has no other WR to contend with, but Huntley is throwing for 125 yards.
I'll wait on the practice reports from today & tomorrow but ATM Evans and Goodwin, IMO are locks considering the rest of your options.

I'm not trusting Tyler Huntley's arm to feed any WR in my playoff game. I'm just not going to do that. And they may be dealing with 15+mph winds of their own in Baltimore.

I would normally be great with DPJ but 25-30mph winds are no joke. The situation is not much better for Gabe Davis this week either.

So, IMO you need to strongly consider Aiyuk. I worry that the Niners won't pass much (25 attempts) and the Commodores have a solid pass defense but Purdy has been shockingly impressive and Aiyuk is arguably the most talented of your remaining options.

Evans>Goodwin>Aiyuk>Gabe>DPJ>Demarcus

OK, this is kind of embarrassing. I either failed to make the playoffs or got eliminated in the first round of every competitive league I'm in. The only one left is the 8-teamer I co-manage with my son. I feel like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer takes a martial-arts class with 12-year-olds.

But since I totally need my fantasy fix, I'm sweating over those decisions the way I normally would over my adult league. (I'll give my son the final decision, but he doesn't follow this stuff too closely, so I generally have to boil it down to a couple options and let him pick among those.)

Full PPR, start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR flex

RB options
Kamara
Sanders
Walker
McKinnon

WR options
Diggs
Hopkins
DSmith
JuJu
Aiyuk

As of right now, thinking Kamara, Sanders, McKinnon, Diggs, D-Hop. A little worried about Sanders' matchup, but figure with Hurts out they'll lean on the run game more (and he won't lose out on all those QB rushing TDs). Walker's ankle is still iffy, Smith has a backup QB and Goedert returning, and Aiyuk doesn't seem to be on the same page as Purdy even with Deebo out. JuJu is the one I'd consider, but Seattle is a run-funnel defense with excellent QBs, so I figure McKinnon is the safer bet. But it's entirely possible his luck could run out this week and it could be a pure Pacheco game.

I think the choice I'll present to my son will be McKinnon vs. JuJu in the flex.

Thoughts?

A couple of calls to make this week. 12 team full point PPR. Need 1 RB, 1WR, and 1 flex.

RB 2/3- need 1 + possible flex
Dillon- looks like he is good to go, I'm also starting A. Jones
Hunt- slam dunk if Chubb is out or maybe even if Chubb is limited sharing carries
Deon Jackson- my eyes from the last game and my gut tells me he will be the better Colt RB to play this week. I think he was punished last week because of the fumble, looked much better than Moss

WR 3/4- need 1 + possible flex
Zay- Sauce plays on one side, Zay plays all 3 WR positions. Jets play zone, Zay is better vs zone, Zay is hot
Gabe- I'm the underdog shooing for the fences
Chris Moore- only if Collins and Cooks are out
Sutton- can't trust
Chubb has been cleared to play.

Dillon is rolling.

Deon, in a PPR, against a very soft Charger rush defense seems like a safer floor option.

Dillon>Deon>Hunt

No problem starting Zay out of that group.

Winds are supposed to be 22mph in Chicago, that's enough to tilt the scales to Zay IMO.

I'm not starting Moore over Zay. He may get all the pie but that pie is tiny.

You're right, you can't trust Sutton.

Zay>Gabe>Moore>Sutton
Thanks Chaka, that's where I'm at with the latest developments. Now I still need to decide on my flex, currently between 3 now

Chris Moore- "IF" Cooks is out and Moore is GTG then he will be my guy but Cooks seems likely to play at this stage
Gabe- I can see Allen still slinging it in the wind and Diggs getting all of the defensive attention.
Deon- still think he is the better back, indoors and should be the catch up back in this game

Need to select one WR and one FLEX from this dung heap:

Hardman @SEA
Goodwin vs SEA
CMoore @TEN
Chark @CAR
Dotson @SF
DeonJackson vs LAC

0.5ppr

kthxbai

Tough calls here. I'm not comfortable with Mecole Hardman just off IR in an offense that spreads it around so much. Then again it's not like you have a ton of other great options.

I think Marquise Goodwin has the best opportunity and has been surprisingly good in limited action. I probably like him the most of your options.

I'm not really liking Moore. He seems to get a lot of looks but I question the quality of said looks and wonder what his upside is. Also, Cooks logged another full practice today. That being said the Tennessee defense has been a serious pass funnel this year.

I don't like Chark so much on the road simply because Goff doesn't throw nearly as well on the road as he does at home.

Dotson did well in two games against the Giants but on the road in San Francisco seems like a tall task for Heinicke and the Commodores.

Deon is an interesting play. I don't think he is a particularly strong runner but he may involved in the passing game. He did have 10 targets in his only start this season going 10-79-0. But we really have no idea what the split is going to be with Moss. Probably a hot hand approach, if I had to guess and against the Chargers terrible run defense either of these guys could seize that opportunity.

There isn't much to go on here except a lot of hope:
Goodwin>Deon>Mecole>Dotson>Moore

So Claypool is out, as is Equanimeous St Brown. So it looks like (checks notes) Byron Pringle is the Bears WR1 this week? With Petis, Velus Jones and Harry rounding things out.
:oldunsure:

Not really a WSIS question, just leaning more and more towards Brady, with Evans, Godwin, Gage & likely Julio as seemingly a much better option this week.
Yeah, I wouldn't blame you. Brady could easily put up 300 & 3 TDs this week. After throwing multiple TDs in only 1 of his first 9 games, Brady has 2 or more TD passes in 4 of his last 5 games.

I might be reviewing my Fields recommendations just to make sure I'm still comfortable with them.

4 point passing td, 6 point rush.
Which mediocre QB should I go with:
Dak vs Philly
Minshew vs Dallas
Goff vs Carolina
I know none of them have a huge upside, but but I'm looking for a solid 20 some points since my opponent has a lot of injuries to deal with this week.
I have been high on Minshew this week and would start him over Goff as Detroit is on the road but I can't start him over Dak at home. It's just something I won't do.

Dak>Minshew>Goff

OK, this is kind of embarrassing. I either failed to make the playoffs or got eliminated in the first round of every competitive league I'm in. The only one left is the 8-teamer I co-manage with my son. I feel like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer takes a martial-arts class with 12-year-olds.

But since I totally need my fantasy fix, I'm sweating over those decisions the way I normally would over my adult league. (I'll give my son the final decision, but he doesn't follow this stuff too closely, so I generally have to boil it down to a couple options and let him pick among those.)

RB options
Kamara
Sanders
Walker
McKinnon

WR options
Diggs
Hopkins
DSmith
JuJu
Aiyuk

As of right now, thinking Kamara, Sanders, McKinnon, Diggs, D-Hop. A little worried about Sanders' matchup, but figure with Hurts out they'll lean on the run game more (and he won't lose out on all those QB rushing TDs). Walker's ankle is still iffy, Smith has a backup QB and Goedert returning, and Aiyuk doesn't seem to be on the same page as Purdy even with Deebo out. JuJu is the one I'd consider, but Seattle is a run-funnel defense with excellent QBs, so I figure McKinnon is the safer bet. But it's entirely possible his luck could run out this week and it could be a pure Pacheco game.

I think the choice I'll present to my son will be McKinnon vs. JuJu in the flex.

Thoughts?
I agree with Kamara & Sanders because Walker was DNP again today.

I agree with Diggs but would definitely start DeVonta Smith over Hopkins with Marty McSorley at QB. Minshew>McFly

I think I agree with your flex options. I can see the argument for Hopkins but JuJu seems to have a good chance of seeing 8-10 targets and even if he only sees six they're coming from Patrick Mahomes. How many McSorley targets equals one Mahomes target?

The only concern I have with McKinnon is if the Chiefs are up big at any point. At that point it becomes a Pacheco game. But the Seahawks may be good enough to eliminate that concern.

I am not 100% sure how to handicap JuJu v McKinnon but McKinnon's uptick in target share seems to coincide with the injury to Hardman (mostly) and with Hardman unlikely to play this week I think McKinnon may be in line for another 6+ targets, plus McKinnon has the scorching hot hand ATM so:

McKinnon>JuJu

A couple of calls to make this week. 12 team full point PPR. Need 1 RB, 1WR, and 1 flex.

Hunt- slam dunk if Chubb is out or maybe even if Chubb is limited sharing carries
Deon Jackson- my eyes from the last game and my gut tells me he will be the better Colt RB to play this week. I think he was punished last week because of the fumble, looked much better than Moss

Zay- Sauce plays on one side, Zay plays all 3 WR positions. Jets play zone, Zay is better vs zone, Zay is hot
Sutton- can't trust
Chubb has been cleared to play.

Dillon is rolling.

Deon, in a PPR, against a very soft Charger rush defense seems like a safer floor option.

Dillon>Deon>Hunt

No problem starting Zay out of that group.

Winds are supposed to be 22mph in Chicago, that's enough to tilt the scales to Zay IMO.

I'm not starting Moore over Zay. He may get all the pie but that pie is tiny.

You're right, you can't trust Sutton.

Zay>Gabe>Moore>Sutton
Thanks Chaka, that's where I'm at with the latest developments. Now I still need to decide on my flex, currently between 3 now

Chris Moore- "IF" Cooks is out and Moore is GTG then he will be my guy but Cooks seems likely to play at this stage
Gabe- I can see Allen still slinging it in the wind and Diggs getting all of the defensive attention.
Deon- still think he is the better back, indoors and should be the catch up back in this game
Between Moore, Gabe & Deon then?

Cooks did log a full practice today. Doesn't mean he's playing but he is practicing in full. Also it is important to note that the Titans pass defense is, by many measures the worst in the league. Certainly in the conversation. Then again the Texans did only manage 116 yards passing against them the first time they played. But the Titans cannot be run on so Moore may see 8-10 targets even if Cooks plays.

Allen can sling it all he wants but if the wind is near 25mph it may not matter. He has the arm to overcome a lot (presuming his elbow is 100%) but the last time the Bills were in a game this windy was v the Pats last year and Allen completed 50% of his passes for something like 130 yards and a TD. The Pats defense is obviously a lot better than the Bears but this wind should not be discounted. And Diggs has been drawing coverage all year, I don't see why this game makes any more difference that it has all year.

I honestly have no idea what to think about Jackson, but I think he will have an opportunity this week against a bad defense and I think he is probably the better receiving back on the Colts. It's a huge risk because we don't have much to go on and if Moss gets hot early Jackson could be sidelined. Of course it works both ways.

Personally I am a bit of a gambler so:
Deon>Moore>Gabe

4 pt passing TD's.
Need 1
D. Jones at Vikes
Minshaw at Dallas
I'd go with Jones over Minshew. Better matchup, and more likely to contribute with his legs.

Standard Scoring:

Need 3:

Waddle vs GB
Hopkins vs TB (Possible Mcsorly at QB)
A Cooper vs NO (Possible Wind)
Theilen Vs NYG?
I'd sit Thielen. Even with McSorley starting I think Hopkins finds his way to 50-60 yards, can't say the same for Thielen. Cooper has slowed down with Watson of late, but NO has a pretty poor and banged up pass defense.

Need to sit 2 in a PPR league with bonus of 40+ yard TDs

Lamb
Allen
Stevenson
Hopkins
Godwin
Metcalf
I'd sit Hopkins and Godwin. Allen has been a PPR machine since coming back, and Metcalf stands to have a season high in targets with Lockett out. I think Lamb and Stevenson are every week starts.

PPR :

Need 1

Pat Freimuth vs LV
Evan Engram vs Jets
Juwan Johnson vs Clev?

Presently have Freimuth in (Pickett) back think he gets back on track?
I'd ride the hot hands here and go with Engram. He's been the best one and has the best QB throwing to him. Also, more likely the Jags attack the Jets inside than it is they attack the CBs.

Sutton- can't trust
If Chubb is out, Hunt is a must start, but he feels unlikely to be out.

I think Dillon and Zay are locks, they've both been hot as of late, and are in decent to good offenses. My choice for flex I guess is Deon Jackson, though I don't share the same optimism he's the Colts RB to have. He'll be involved though regardless.

I wasn't able to land Moss as I was outbid; New WDIS question for standard scoring, non-ppr league:

Knight or Dillon?
Knight would have been my call whether you had gotten Moss or not. Jags can certainly be run on.

Brady @ AZ or D Jones @ MIN?

Start 2 of these WRs...PPR
Palmer @ IND
Slayton @ MIN
London @ BAL
C Samuel @ SF
Chark @ CAR
I'd go Brady in this one. Just too good of a matchup.

I'd go Slayton and London at WR. London was a target monster in Ridder's 1st start, and Slayton while disappointing the last couple weeks, is still a #1 WR on his team.

I havent been on this thread lately because honestly my team is not deep and there arent really good options to sit a current starter for me. But.......I appreciated this forum feature this year and I have a good one this week:

Dobbins (without Jackson) vs ATL or,
Sanders (without Hurts) vs DAL?

It's a 1/2 PPR but neither guy has been used that way much this year.

I wouldn't normally sit Sanders but Dobbins has forced the issue and I'm leaning towards Dobbins. I do not know which way to go.
Despite last week's results, I'd still go Sanders over Dobbins. Just a lot more trust with Sanders, and its possible Philly uses him more with Hurts out.

I'm in QB purgatory after losing Hurts. 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt rushing.

I was out of FAAB so missed out on Minshew/Cousins (had been recently dropped). My QB options are

Carr @ Pit (not a cold weather QB, also my bench QB)
Pickett vs LV
Purdy vs Was
Foles vs LA
Darnold vs Det

Purdy seems to be the "safest" bet in my opinion. Obviously not replacing Hurts output, but are any of these guys able to go for >20 points??

Thanks in advance!
I feel weird saying it, but I think Purdy is the way to go. He's got arguably the best weapons (even without Deebo) and does feel the safest. Feels like the answer should be Carr, but he's been pretty inconistent, and the Steelers D has (unsurprisingly) been a ton better since Watt came back.

4 pt passing TD's.
Need 1
D. Jones at Vikes
Minshaw at Dallas
I'd go with Jones over Minshew. Better matchup, and more likely to contribute with his legs.

Standard Scoring:

Need 3:

Waddle vs GB
Hopkins vs TB (Possible Mcsorly at QB)
A Cooper vs NO (Possible Wind)
Theilen Vs NYG?
I'd sit Thielen. Even with McSorley starting I think Hopkins finds his way to 50-60 yards, can't say the same for Thielen. Cooper has slowed down with Watson of late, but NO has a pretty poor and banged up pass defense.

Need to sit 2 in a PPR league with bonus of 40+ yard TDs

Lamb
Allen
Stevenson
Hopkins
Godwin
Metcalf
I'd sit Hopkins and Godwin. Allen has been a PPR machine since coming back, and Metcalf stands to have a season high in targets with Lockett out. I think Lamb and Stevenson are every week starts.

PPR :

Need 1

Pat Freimuth vs LV
Evan Engram vs Jets
Juwan Johnson vs Clev?

Presently have Freimuth in (Pickett) back think he gets back on track?
I'd ride the hot hands here and go with Engram. He's been the best one and has the best QB throwing to him. Also, more likely the Jags attack the Jets inside than it is they attack the CBs.

Sutton- can't trust
If Chubb is out, Hunt is a must start, but he feels unlikely to be out.

I think Dillon and Zay are locks, they've both been hot as of late, and are in decent to good offenses. My choice for flex I guess is Deon Jackson, though I don't share the same optimism he's the Colts RB to have. He'll be involved though regardless.

I wasn't able to land Moss as I was outbid; New WDIS question for standard scoring, non-ppr league:

Knight or Dillon?
Knight would have been my call whether you had gotten Moss or not. Jags can certainly be run on.

Brady @ AZ or D Jones @ MIN?

Start 2 of these WRs...PPR
Palmer @ IND
Slayton @ MIN
London @ BAL
C Samuel @ SF
Chark @ CAR
I'd go Brady in this one. Just too good of a matchup.

I'd go Slayton and London at WR. London was a target monster in Ridder's 1st start, and Slayton while disappointing the last couple weeks, is still a #1 WR on his team.

I havent been on this thread lately because honestly my team is not deep and there arent really good options to sit a current starter for me. But.......I appreciated this forum feature this year and I have a good one this week:

Dobbins (without Jackson) vs ATL or,
Sanders (without Hurts) vs DAL?

It's a 1/2 PPR but neither guy has been used that way much this year.

I wouldn't normally sit Sanders but Dobbins has forced the issue and I'm leaning towards Dobbins. I do not know which way to go.
Despite last week's results, I'd still go Sanders over Dobbins. Just a lot more trust with Sanders, and its possible Philly uses him more with Hurts out.

I'm in QB purgatory after losing Hurts. 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt rushing.

I was out of FAAB so missed out on Minshew/Cousins (had been recently dropped). My QB options are

Carr @ Pit (not a cold weather QB, also my bench QB)
Pickett vs LV
Purdy vs Was
Foles vs LA
Darnold vs Det

Purdy seems to be the "safest" bet in my opinion. Obviously not replacing Hurts output, but are any of these guys able to go for >20 points??

Thanks in advance!
I feel weird saying it, but I think Purdy is the way to go. He's got arguably the best weapons (even without Deebo) and does feel the safest. Feels like the answer should be Carr, but he's been pretty inconistent, and the Steelers D has (unsurprisingly) been a ton better since Watt came back.
I’m considering starting Purdy over Goff. Probably won’t, but it’s closer than I’d have thought.

Conklin or Akins at TE in a 12 team PPR best ball league? Conklin has been more quiet lately and the weather plus Wilson at QB has me hesitant to use him. My other TE is Higbee.

Welp, I was all set to roll out
Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

Leaving Etienne on the pine

Stevenson just popped up with a Q tag. I’m sure it’s just Bill being Bill, but should I roll out Etienne tonight to cover myself?

RB options
Kamara
Sanders
Walker
McKinnon

WR options
Diggs
Hopkins
DSmith
JuJu
Aiyuk

Thoughts?

I agree with Diggs but would definitely start DeVonta Smith over Hopkins with Marty McSorley at QB. Minshew>McFly
Thanks for all the advice. Not to be That Guy who asks for help and then questions it, but what do you think of the argument that Hopkins is the unquestioned WR1 for AZ, whereas Smith generally takes a backseat to Brown for Philly? I think Minshew is a competent QB and agree he's miles better than the Old Ale House (inside joke for anyone who's ever lived in NYC), but can he support two fantasy-relevant WRs?

I have been high on Minshew this week
Q: Hurts scored ~25 FF points last game vs Dallas at home.

Do you expect more or less from Minshew at Dallas?
Hurts was 15-25 for 155 yards and 2 TDs with 9-27-0 rushing

I expect Minshew to pass for more than 155 yards and I think his O/U for TDs is 1.5
I might be tempted to bet the under on that TD total if I were in Vegas.

That said, I originally had him projected to 255/2/1 and .6 FL chance, so I guess that’s about right.

I’m interested to see if the PHI OL can withstand that DAL pass rush.

Flex in two leagues (.5 ppr):

League 1 - M Sanders or D Hopkins (Third string qb tossing)
League 2 - Dillon, Akers, B Robinson, Olave (weather and hammy)

League 2 - I am starting D Hopkins at WR because I dont have better options..
League 1=Miles Sanders, just feels a lot more trustworthy.

League 2=Dillon and Akers. Robinson is the best actual RB of the group, but SF is the worst matchup there is for a RB like Robinson.
Half PPR, start two:

Elliott vs Eagles
Pacheco vs Seahawks
Dobbins vs Falcons
Monty vs Bills
Mostert vs Packers

Think it's probably not the bottom two, have Zeke and Pacheco in right now but could easily be persuaded on Dobbins.
I like Pacheco and Dobbins. Best matchups, and while I could see Zeke having a nice game, he's a little too TD dependent for me in this matchup.

QB (I’m stressing over the weather and matchups), 6pt all TDs.
Geno Smith
Fields
Could also grab Minshew or Purdy

Flex, 1 spot, 0.5 PPR
Zack moss
Gus edwards
Gabe Davis
J dotson
Jamaal Williams

Thanks for help and replies!
I'd go Fields without question. Not sure the weather is an issue, as it just means he's more likely to run 15-20 times.

I'd take the shot on Moss here. Great matchup, and he's kinda playing for a job next year.
Shout out to Chaka for doing this thread each week. It’s definitely helped me make some 50/50 decisions… so why not a couple more?

1/2 PPR Superflex 4 pt passing TD

With Hurts most likely sitting I’m looking at either:
Minshew @ DAL
or
Russel Wilson @ Rams

For the Superflex (Geno is taking over at standard QB slot). Not too many other options for the Superflex spot with other injuries.

At TE I’ve got:
Engram @ Jets
Or
Waller @ Pitt
I'd go Minshew over Russ. Much better weapons, and likely a much higher scoring game.

Full point PPR:

Jamaal Williams @ Carolina
Michael Carter vs Jacksonville
Brian Robinson vs San Francisco
Tyler Allgeier @ Baltimore
Deon Jackson vs Chargers
I think Jamaal is the call here. Best TD odds, love Robinson as a player, but the matchup is one to avoid this week.

Minshew or Lawrence
I'd make the same decision the Jags did and go with Lawrence.

Christian Kirk vs DJ Moore at FLEX in 0.5 PPR.

Obviously have to decide this by tonight. Every ranking has Kirk higher but I have Moore in there right now vs Detroit. I need the upside as I am a big underdog if that helps.
I'd go with Kirk. Much better offense, and his QB is on a heater/isn't Darnold.

O.K. here's "sick" dilema:
Need a TE from the list of expendables below:
FFPC scoring:

C.Okonkwo vs Hou( no Tannehill?)
M.Gesicki(no show all year)
J.Johnson @ Cleve(weather,weather,weather)
D.Bellinger @ Minn(can he finish a game?)
I think I take my chances with Okonkwo, and hope Willis plays a little better with more experience. Texans D is certainly ripe for the picking, as they'll likely have 9 in the box on every play.

Pick one. PPR

zonovan Knight
Zay jones
Diontae johnson
Donta Foreman
I'd go with Knight. Good matchup, and feels like a good bet for a TD.

This is a major pain:

Choose 3

Aiyuk vs WAS
Gabe Davis @ CHI
Peoples-Jones vs NOS
Mike Evans @ ARI
Demarcus Robinson vs ATL
Marquise Goodwin @ SEA

As it stands, Evans, Gabe, and Goodwin. DPJ should be a lock, but CLE looks like this for SAT

Day: Windy with snow showers possible. Highs around 15°F. Wind chill values as low as -18°F. Very windy, with a west southwest wind 28 to 33 MPH, gusting to 48 MPH. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
Aiyuk the floor is low, Goodwin has two little injuries that just popped up, and DeMarcus Robinson has no other WR to contend with, but Huntley is throwing for 125 yards.
I'd go Evans, Aiyuk, and Davis. I think Aiyuk bounces back a bit, last week just happened to be a Kittle week.

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

Stevenson just popped up with a Q tag. I’m sure it’s just Bill being Bill, but should I roll out Etienne tonight to cover myself?
What are your options if you don't play Etienne?

Similar to last week, I have Garret Wilson w/o Mike White, or one of Diontae (Q-turf toe), Fant (Q-knee) and Hurst (Q-calf).

Weather not sounding too bad and he had a couple of nice plays last week, so I'll probably roll with Wilson

RB options
Kamara
Sanders
Walker
McKinnon

WR options
Diggs
Hopkins
DSmith
JuJu
Aiyuk

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the advice. Not to be That Guy who asks for help and then questions it, but what do you think of the argument that Hopkins is the unquestioned WR1 for AZ, whereas Smith generally takes a backseat to Brown for Philly? I think Minshew is a competent QB and agree he's miles better than the Old Ale House (inside joke for anyone who's ever lived in NYC), but can he support two fantasy-relevant WRs?
All I can say is Minshew has 2 or more TDs in 16 of 22 starts. Back seat or not, over his last six games DeVonta has 8, 9, 9, 8, 8 & 8 targets. That's nice volume from a better QB.

I am sure McSorley will throw the ball to Hopkins 10-15 times but I wonder if any of those will be high quality targets or if Hopkins will end the game with a 7-43-0 line.

Hopkins if a fine choice in a PPR, he probably has a stable floor. I just question if he has any upside at all.

Need to select one WR and one FLEX from this dung heap:

Hardman @SEA
Goodwin vs SEA
CMoore @TEN
Chark @CAR
Dotson @SF
DeonJackson vs LAC

0.5ppr

kthxbai
I think Chris Moore would be my WR here, he's shown signs of life this week, and the Titans are a pass funnel. I'd roll with Deon Jackson in the flex spot.

🤢 Eli Moore, Corey Davis, Robert woods, orHunter Renfrew as flex? Or Gerald Everett and Darren Waller both needed to start?
Waller>Davis>Everett is my preference.

4 point passing td, 6 point rush.
Which mediocre QB should I go with:
Dak vs Philly
Minshew vs Dallas
Goff vs Carolina
I know none of them have a huge upside, but but I'm looking for a solid 20 some points since my opponent has a lot of injuries to deal with this week.
I trust Dak the most out of that group.

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

As it stands, presuming you are in a PPR, I would roll the dice on Stevenson.

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

And that...is Belichick and fantasy. He'll put Q tags on everybody. I have nothing for you -- only sympathy.
BTW about that Foreman call last week.

Pretty sure my account was hacked.

ooof

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

Moss or Jackson vs LAC....which one
R White....Fournette getting the work
Pickens..meh
Zay....bad weather and a good D

Similar to last week, I have Garret Wilson w/o Mike White, or one of Diontae (Q-turf toe), Fant (Q-knee) and Hurst (Q-calf).

Weather not sounding too bad and he had a couple of nice plays last week, so I'll probably roll with Wilson
Yeah, with a guy like G.Wilson all you need is a QB willing to just put up a deep ball and pray. If nothing else, Zach Wilson seems willing to do that.

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

Moss or Jackson vs LAC....which one
R White....Fournette getting the work
Pickens..meh
Zay....bad weather and a good D
Zay plays tonight so not a good fallback position.

If it's PPR and Stevenson is a late scratch I might be willing to roll out Deon Jackson and cross my fingers.

BTW about that Foreman call last week.

Pretty sure my account was hacked.

ooof

Don't sweat it. I was going Foreman on my own, too, so I think my brain got hacked. I have a doozy of a ninth positional player this week also. A gaping hole, really. I'll post before the weekend and see what you think.

Conklin or Akins at TE in a 12 team PPR best ball league? Conklin has been more quiet lately and the weather plus Wilson at QB has me hesitant to use him. My other TE is Higbee.
I'd just roll with Higbee.

Barkley
Stevenson
Dobbins

I'd start Etienne over Dobbins myself.

Feel pretty good about Wilson over those guys.

PPR with 5 pt bonus at 150 rushing or receiving. I'm a fairly heavy underdog so aiming for high ceiling.

Starting Etienne and Mixon.

Starting AJ Brown, Lamb, and Godwin.

Benching Swift and Garrett Wilson.

I feel pretty good about this decision so this is less of a "Who Do I Start" and more of a "Convince Me Otherwise". Therefore I wouldn't have even posted, except that I know you do this for your own benefit too. 👍

Hits keep coming, already lost Hurts and Lockett, now looking like Walker won't play either. So need a little help with finding a replacement flex, non-ppr options:

AJ Dillon @ Dolphins
M.Goodwin @ Chiefs
T.Homer @ Chiefs
B.Robinson @ Niners

Need one of the above please and thank you!

Hits keep coming, already lost Hurts and Lockett, now looking like Walker won't play either. So need a little help with finding a replacement flex, non-ppr options:

AJ Dillon @ Dolphins
M.Goodwin @ Chiefs
T.Homer @ Chiefs
B.Robinson @ Niners

I know you're not asking me, but we can all chime in, I've heard, and your list leads me to believe that you really want Dillon if he's healthy.

AJ Dillon @ Dolphins
M.Goodwin @ Chiefs
T.Homer @ Chiefs
B.Robinson @ Niners

Walker is expected to play. Don't know anything about his workload expectations. But expected to play.

AJ Dillon @ Dolphins
M.Goodwin @ Chiefs
T.Homer @ Chiefs
B.Robinson @ Niners

Walker is expected to play. Don't know anything about his workload expectations. But expected to play.

Didn't know that, last I heard he was struggling. I was kind of hoping to use Goodwin I suppose but if Walker plays, hard to leave out.

AJ Dillon @ Dolphins
M.Goodwin @ Chiefs
T.Homer @ Chiefs
B.Robinson @ Niners

I know you're not asking me, but we can all chime in, I've heard, and your list leads me to believe that you really want Dillon if he's healthy.

I think I just listed him first as he's probably the highest ranked player but unsure on him as he splits with Jones and Packers are super unpredictable

PPR
Etienne @ NYJ
Dillon @ Mia

Still debating this. ETN has a tough matchup and has been really inconsistent. The Jaguars also just lost their starting left tackle. Dillon has been great the last 3 games. He has already cleared the concussion protocol for this week.

ETN has a tough matchup and has been really inconsistent.

He does, but dig deeper. The Jets LBs lack a little coverage speed. I wonder how many fantasy points they give up through the air to running backs. Might be an interesting thing if you have a Football Outsiders subscription to check. DVOA of RBs as receivers vs. the Jets.

I honestly don't know how the Jets stack in that instance, but it's something to maybe look into. I get the feeling that there might be a few checkdowns and tests of the Jets LB corps, which is the weakest link of their defense.

@yoman

Just found another chart. Jets are really, really good in comparison to most teams. Etienne has a tough match-up, even receiving-wise. That doesn't mean sit him, it just is what it is. Here's the chart.

Actually, this is better. I pre-sorted the receiving yards against for RBs. They're not as good as I thought when I saw the other chart. They're what I thought. They're actually below average. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread