What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (4 Viewers)

'Donsmith753 said:
'jonboltz said:
PPR LeagueCalvin forMathews, Crabtree, 1.01, 1.02
Interesting.
Quite a haul for Calvin. This one has the potential to really backfire on the team getting Calvin.That being said, if Mathews/Crabtree were depth, I can see why a team would do this.

I get: MorrisHe gets:Forte, 1.3Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex (any)/ idp. Ppr. With rg3 being out I needed to improve my flex. This gives me a rb core of Rice, Richardson, Morris and can start all 3.
Ugh, this trade actually just got declined. We had been talking back and forth over texts for awhile coming to final terms Me - "So Forte and 1.3 for Morris?"Him -"Works for me, send the trade offer, I'll accept when I get off work"Me - "Sent, thanks man"Sent the trade, came home and posted it here. Then yesterday I notice it's still pending.Me - "Hey man, can you go ahead and accept that trade? Or want me to put it through (I'm commish)"Him - "Sorry, been super busy, I'll accept it here in a sec"This morning it still hasn't been accepted. Me - "I hate to bug you, but that trade is still out in limbo"Him - "Sorry, been really busy, I'm going to have to decline for now and look it over when I get a chance"Declined 2 minutes later Sigh.Sorry if this messed anyone up, I know this is for completed trades only, but I thought this was as good as completed. Lesson learned. Text saying yes I'll do it, does not equal completed.

'Donsmith753 said:
'jonboltz said:
Interesting.
Quite a haul for Calvin. This one has the potential to really backfire on the team getting Calvin.That being said, if Mathews/Crabtree were depth, I can see why a team would do this.
League generally likes the Calvin side, some people saying 'by a lot'. Its a startup draft still going, so all teams are fairly equal. My opinion is that I like Calvin side, but mostly cause I am not a Mathews fan.

Some trades in my 0.5 PR league (full IDP), 16 team league:TEAM A:Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ersTEAM B:KJ Wright, LB, Seattle Seahawks2013 2.14 rookie pickTeam A: Kaepernick added as a QB4Team B: Wright added as a LB2/3TEAM A:Eric Berry, S, Kansas City ChiefsTEAM B:Jake Locker, QB, Tennessee Titans2014 3rd round pickTEAM A: Berry added as a S1/2TEAM B: Locker added as a QB2NOTE: Team that traded Locker later acquired Kaepernick.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Donsmith753 said:
'jonboltz said:
Interesting.
League generally likes the Calvin side, some people saying 'by a lot'. Its a startup draft still going, so all teams are fairly equal. My opinion is that I like Calvin side, but mostly cause I am not a Mathews fan.
Tough to make this kind of trade in a startup. Not bad, but I agree with Doowain, this one could hurt long term for the team getting Calvin (and I rate Calvin as #1 overall).

DEVY LEAGUETeam A gives Marqise Lee WR USCTeam B gives Nick Foles PHI QB and 2013 1.01 draft pick, which can be from the current draft or another devy player. Devys already on Rosters are:Giovanni Bernard, TJ Yeldon, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Jonathan Gray, Michael Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Montee Ball, Joesph Randle, Justin Hunter, Da Rick Rogers, Stepfan Taylor, Eddie Lacy, Dorial Green Beckham, Kenjon Barner, Marquess Wilson, Kenny Stills, George Farmer, Ryan Swope, Cobi HamiltonTeam B also gives a 2013 rd 2 draft pickTalk about a interesting trade and fun trade to evaluate. Something a little different from your usual ho hum trade.
After a quick glance it looks like Marqise Lee for Keenan Allen and some spare parts. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would take Allen over Lee straight up, so I like the deal for a team A.Edit to add: how was Allen not drafted ahead of some of those guys listed? It is not like he was some under the radar guy who just emerged this year...

I bet he was and the OP just missed it. More likely that the Lee owner is moving to fill a RB need with someone like Seastrunk or Gurley, IMO.

'Donsmith753 said:
'jonboltz said:
Interesting.
Tough to make this kind of trade in a startup. Not bad, but I agree with Doowain, this one could hurt long term for the team getting Calvin (and I rate Calvin as #1 overall).
That is a close one. I was offered a very similar deal in which I would have received Megatron mid season in exchange for a top 25 player and two highly regarded developmental guys. I turned it down after thinking really hard about it and almost accepting and somewhat regret it as he went on a huge tear right after I turned the deal down. You have to overpay to get Calvin and it could be worth it, but if one of those draft picks turns into a Doug Martin or Julio or AJ Green, etc, then you probably lose in the long run.

I bet he was and the OP just missed it. More likely that the Lee owner is moving to fill a RB need with someone like Seastrunk or Gurley, IMO.
You are most likely correct. Hard to really analyze if a guy or two is missing. If Allen isn't available, I probably like the trade for the guy getting Lee. I wouldn't give much of anything for Foles and the second rounder isn't worth that much with everything so picked over with devys.I'm curious what a guy like Lee would get in a trade for a veteran. I have a team that is overstocked with young guys and I need to make some moves trading devys for guys who can help now and would love to move Lee. If anyone has seen or Watkins change hands, I would live to see the return.

In October I gave Donald Brown,Julio Jones and a 2013 3rd rd for Lee, Dez and a 2013 1st rd which ended up 1.10.At the time Brown was still starting and the owner had soured on Dez. He was in win mode and I was in rebuild mode. I did move Dez a week or two later for Randle and Daniel Thomas... Not real happy with that one.I'm probably one of the bigger fans of Lee!

DEVY LEAGUETeam A gives Marqise Lee WR USCTeam B gives Nick Foles PHI QB and 2013 1.01 draft pick, which can be from the current draft or another devy player. Devys already on Rosters are:Giovanni Bernard, TJ Yeldon, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Jonathan Gray, Michael Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Montee Ball, Joesph Randle, Justin Hunter, Da Rick Rogers, Stepfan Taylor, Eddie Lacy, Dorial Green Beckham, Kenjon Barner, Marquess Wilson, Kenny Stills, George Farmer, Ryan Swope, Cobi HamiltonTeam B also gives a 2013 rd 2 draft pickTalk about a interesting trade and fun trade to evaluate. Something a little different from your usual ho hum trade.
After a quick glance it looks like Marqise Lee for Keenan Allen and some spare parts. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would take Allen over Lee straight up, so I like the deal for a team A.Edit to add: how was Allen not drafted ahead of some of those guys listed? It is not like he was some under the radar guy who just emerged this year...
Keenan Allen is already on a team, I just missed it. However, there is no way I would rank Allen over Lee. Allen has plenty of question marks. One being ability to separate at the next level and another is health. He also has had his share of drops throughout his career.Allen isn't a can't miss prospect, whereas Lee is IMO.

'jeter23 said:
Sent: Arian FosterReceived: RGIIIHad only Vick at QB. Team was probably not contending next season even with Foster, so might as well get value for him while I could.
Love it.
If made after Sunday's game, that is a huge amount of value to be giving for RGIII. I own RGIII in a number of key leagues and theres no way I could get Arian Foster for him right now.
There is certainly risk, but before Sunday's game I don't think there is any way you get RGIII for Foster. At least not from a forward thinking Dynasty owner. If anything, this is a calculated buy low on RGIII. Foster is a quickly depreciating fantasy asset. One that won't be worth RGIII in a year. If not sooner. Foster is a big time sell.
People keep saying this, yet AF continues to go top 6 in every single dynasty startup I've seen in quite some time (including the one I'm in right now). And I'm not sure what you mean by "forward thinking". Is that code for "doesn't care about winning this/next year?"
I am running 6 dynasty startup mocks each month this offseason. Foster has gone: 11, 5, 12, 4, 4, & 6 thus far. He has not been the top RB taken in any of them, though he only went behind RG3 in one of them.
Jeter, do you have a link on these mocks. Curious as to a few players are being valued at.TIA

I've done 3 deals the past few days. All 12 team leagues. First two trades are 1.5 TE PPR league, last trade is 1.25 TE PPR. All other positions are single PPR. Trade 1:Team A received Owen DanielsTeam B received rookie draft pick 2.8***Key to note this is an FFPC dynasty league so off season rosters have to be cut down to 14. So compared to most leagues trading a player for a draft pick in theory means you not only are getting a draft pick but you keep your 15th rated player. Also by making every team cut down to 14 position players the rookie pool will be deeper but the flip side to that is due to 20 man in season roster limits and 14 man off season it's hard to hang onto developmental prospects so in that sense rookie picks are devalued to a degree. So if you weight a deeper rookie draft vs difficulty holding onto players I'm not sure if the totality of it makes the 2.8 pick more or less valuable than most dynasty leagues. Just thought this was important to note to be able to assess the trade****Trade 2:Team A received Owen DanielsTeam B received Dustin KellerTrade 3:Team A received: Jimmy Graham, Darren Mcfadden, James Jones and Leonard HankersonTeam B received: Roddy White, Frank Gore, Danario Alexander, pick 3.7 of rookie draft. (this league has up to 25 man off season rosters so more shallow draft pool but you can hang onto developmental players)

I've done 3 deals the past few days. All 12 team leagues. First two trades are 1.5 TE PPR league, last trade is 1.25 TE PPR. All other positions are single PPR. Trade 1:Team A received Owen DanielsTeam B received rookie draft pick 2.8***Key to note this is an FFPC dynasty league so off season rosters have to be cut down to 14. So compared to most leagues trading a player for a draft pick in theory means you not only are getting a draft pick but you keep your 15th rated player. Also by making every team cut down to 14 position players the rookie pool will be deeper but the flip side to that is due to 20 man in season roster limits and 14 man off season it's hard to hang onto developmental prospects so in that sense rookie picks are devalued to a degree. So if you weight a deeper rookie draft vs difficulty holding onto players I'm not sure if the totality of it makes the 2.8 pick more or less valuable than most dynasty leagues. Just thought this was important to note to be able to assess the trade****Trade 2:Team A received Owen DanielsTeam B received Dustin KellerTrade 3:Team A received: Jimmy Graham, Darren Mcfadden, James Jones and Leonard HankersonTeam B received: Roddy White, Frank Gore, Danario Alexander, pick 3.7 of rookie draft. (this league has up to 25 man off season rosters so more shallow draft pool but you can hang onto developmental players)
I really like the Graham side in trade 3.

Few trades in a couple of my leagues - I was involved in one, but not the other...both 12 team PPR1)Team A gets: D.Martin, Hixon, MoeakiTeam B gets: Ridley, Fitzgerald, Hankerson, 1.122)Team A gets: Forte, M Bush, Michael FloydTeam B gets: Ridley, Vereen, V.Brown

14 Team PPR I commish but not involved in the deal, AJ Green was dealt for Arian Foster.
Terrible. I'll take green easily.
I definitely like AJ more as well, though AF went 1.05 in startup last week, while AJ went 1.08 (very RB-heavy first round).
I really don't know how you could take foster over green. Rb1 production for two years or wr1 production for 6 years is how I see it
"terrible" now that was funny. If you like winning now that is how you take Foster because it is so damn hard to find a stud RB that will produce at a high level for the next 3-4 years.Of course for every single RB vs WR traded you can always say "how can you ever trade a RB that will produce for 3 years for a WR that will produce for 6 but if you want to win championships at some point you have to play for the now.I think this is a very fair trade so I don't know how you can see it as terrible. You can usually see approx value for players when looking at where players go in start up drafts and I would tend to believe Foster will go before Green in most of them. Supply and demand.I had a nice line up of Gronk, Hernandez, AJ Green, Dez, Harvin in 1 of my start ups from last year and because I skipped town at the RB position for the "All value young forever lasting stud WR and TE's" I finished in 2nd place not 1st because I was left with the Bradshaw's and god awful RB 2's of the world. So while it is awesome to have these young stud WR's and TE's it really sucked having no playable RB's all year.Oh and I also got this nice young stud TE named Finley... :cry: Fair trade both ways depends on what you want and what your trying for.I will tell you what was terrible though it was me trading the 1.02 pick in 2010 when I was going to draft AJ Gren then decided to "go for it now" and traded it for Roddy White!

Few trades in a couple of my leagues - I was involved in one, but not the other...both 12 team PPR1)Team A gets: D.Martin, Hixon, MoeakiTeam B gets: Ridley, Fitzgerald, Hankerson, 1.122)Team A gets: Forte, M Bush, Michael FloydTeam B gets: Ridley, Vereen, V.Brown
Team B making out like a bandit in trade 2

I'd much rather have Forte and Floyd.
Why?
Because, at least for the next two years, I believe Forte will continue to outscore Ridley -- much like this year. I also believe Floyd vs Brown is a fairly significant 'win' for Floyd in terms of talent.

I'd much rather have Forte and Floyd.
Why?
Because, at least for the next two years, I believe Forte will continue to outscore Ridley -- much like this year. I also believe Floyd vs Brown is a fairly significant 'win' for Floyd in terms of talent.
You mean the way Forte out scored Ridley this year? :thumbup:

Team A getsJustin BlackmonTeam B getsDarryl RIchardson and a 2nd round rookie pick
:yucky: I don't think I would take D. Richardson and a 1st for Blackmon (with the possible exception of a really low 1st) Team B is rolling the dice that Richardson is Steven Jackson's long term replacement - and he may be right, but I have serious doubts about that.

14 Team PPR I commish but not involved in the deal, AJ Green was dealt for Arian Foster.
I definitely like AJ more as well, though AF went 1.05 in startup last week, while AJ went 1.08 (very RB-heavy first round).
I really don't know how you could take foster over green. Rb1 production for two years or wr1 production for 6 years is how I see it
"terrible" now that was funny. If you like winning now that is how you take Foster because it is so damn hard to find a stud RB that will produce at a high level for the next 3-4 years.Of course for every single RB vs WR traded you can always say "how can you ever trade a RB that will produce for 3 years for a WR that will produce for 6 but if you want to win championships at some point you have to play for the now.I think this is a very fair trade so I don't know how you can see it as terrible. You can usually see approx value for players when looking at where players go in start up drafts and I would tend to believe Foster will go before Green in most of them. Supply and demand.I had a nice line up of Gronk, Hernandez, AJ Green, Dez, Harvin in 1 of my start ups from last year and because I skipped town at the RB position for the "All value young forever lasting stud WR and TE's" I finished in 2nd place not 1st because I was left with the Bradshaw's and god awful RB 2's of the world. So while it is awesome to have these young stud WR's and TE's it really sucked having no playable RB's all year.Oh and I also got this nice young stud TE named Finley... :cry: Fair trade both ways depends on what you want and what your trying for.I will tell you what was terrible though it was me trading the 1.02 pick in 2010 when I was going to draft AJ Gren then decided to "go for it now" and traded it for Roddy White!
Expecting 3-4 years of stud rb production from foster is foolish. I also don't see how having a top 5 wr (green) doesn't help you win now????Furthermore, your particular team with your stud young te have nothing to do with this trade. This trade is even for the next two years. After that it is a massive win for the green owner.

12 team pprTeam S traded Hankerson, Leonard WR WAS and Kaepernick, Colin QB SF to Team F for Cutler, Jay QB CHI and Cruz, Victor WR NYG
Woah. Guess this is the time to sell Kaepernick.
He has Cam upside. It would take a deal like this to get him from me.
Cam upside is 100% different than actually producing that way, or being valued that way. Kaep is smaller and less dynamic in the open field, and in my opinion also a less talented passer. More importantly he sat for more than an entire season and didn't have a Cam-like fantasy impact when he got his chance.
Ahem. Tonight is why I said that. He has Cam upside (and then some?) WITHOUT the diva tendencies.ETA: He was QB12 after he took over the starters job. And that was with the reigns firmly on.

e gave up Bradford, Sam STL QB;Redman, Isaac PIT RB;Sproles, Darren RB, 1.10s gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB;Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

I gave Kendall Wright/2014 3rdI got KaepernickThis deal was made last week, for the record.
Thank you for specifying when it was made. I'm really curious to see what Kaep is going for after he put up the second best fantasy game in history.

I gave Kendall Wright/2014 3rdI got KaepernickThis deal was made last week, for the record.
Thank you for specifying when it was made. I'm really curious to see what Kaep is going for after he put up the second best fantasy game in history.
I was offered Russell Wilson and 1.02 for him this morning, but it was only via chat and I haven't heard back from that owner after Wilson's strong game.

Expecting 3-4 years of stud rb production from foster is foolish. I also don't see how having a top 5 wr (green) doesn't help you win now????Furthermore, your particular team with your stud young te have nothing to do with this trade. This trade is even for the next two years. After that it is a massive win for the green owner.
To each his own...I am going to guess Foster goes before Green as much as Green goes before Foster this year in startup drafts. Foster is only in his 4th season and only played a few games his rookie year.Trust me I love AJ Green as much as the next person but to call it terrible just doesn't make any sense. So you prefer having AJ Green does that mean your correct and anyone who thinks this is a fair deal or the people who god forbid like having Foster more are idiots ? Just because you believe something to be so doesn't make it so. Again I can understand you wanting Green but to say it was terrible is pretty far off base.

I am not getting everyone stating Foster is going to stop producing as an RB1 in two years. The guy is just 26. I predict he will be producing very strong numbers longer than two years out. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread