What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

i just pulled the trigger on a deal that sent Schaub + a R2 pick in 2014 for TE Hernandez + R1 in 2014.
Wow. That's about as bad as it gets. I'm in a league where Schaub+Golden Tate+Housler was recently traded for 2013 rookie pick 2.13.

i just pulled the trigger on a deal that sent Schaub + a R2 pick in 2014 for TE Hernandez + R1 in 2014.
??

Even if the picks were reversed it would be a bad deal for the team giving up Hernandez.

Hopefully this is at least a start 2qb league..
Nope, just 1 QB can start. He's got Pitta and Cook already at TE but nothing behind his starting QB (Ryan). I didn't need much time to consider this a good deal for me.
So he traded his starting Top 3 TE for a backup QB? Nice.

??

Even if the picks were reversed it would be a bad deal for the team giving up Hernandez.

Nope, just 1 QB can start. He's got Pitta and Cook already at TE but nothing behind his starting QB (Ryan). I didn't need much time to consider this a good deal for me.
When was the last league champion you saw who didn't have a competent backup QB? Maybe he's onto something...

Last edited by a moderator:
This one might require a link to the league to believe...

Seriously, do we start a secondary thread titled "Hey, look at this trade I made up" or "Look how much I ripped off this terrible owner"? This thread has gotten ridiculous...

Team A traded Witten + 2014 3rd

Team B traded 2.01 + 3.06 + 5.11

I'm stupidly enamoured with a rookie in that vicinity... Probably loses me a championship

12 team, 40 man rosters, PPR, 6 points all TDs, return league QB-RB-RB-RB/WR-WR-WR-TE-SuperFlex-SuperFlex-IDP

Starting team now

QB - Kaepernick

RB-RB - Rice-TRich

RB/WR - D Wilson

WR-WR - Calvin-Nicks

TE - Cook or Bennett

SF - Roethlisberger

SF - Jennings/Stewart/Sanders/VBrown/Tate
Hope the rookie works out for you. I wouldn't have given Witten away that cheaply in a PPR if that left Cook and Bennett as my best TEs.
Yeah, I know it was cheap as chips. Though I hardly think Cook/Bennett are bottom of the barrel types, especially given what one team just rated Cook as (With a contract). That being said I was sorta ready to move on from Witten.

??

Actually he traded his starting Top 3 TE and a 1st round pick for a backup QB.

??

at least he got a pick downgrade.

made a few moves lately...

12 team PPR QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2Flex (6PT TDs)

[*]Me gave up Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.07

[*]team A gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05

[*]Me gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Randle, Rueben NYG WR;Smith, Torrey BAL WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.02

[*]Team B gave up Helu, Roy WAS RB;Tate, Ben HOU RB;Cruz, Victor NYG WR;Little, Greg CLE WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.11

Roster is now:

Brady/Schaub

Morris/Wilson/Tate/ABrown/Pierre/Helu

Dez/Cruz/Austin/James Jones/Little

FDavis/Bennett/Cameron

Have picks 1.05, 3.10 and 3.11
Love the second one... but the first you got swindled.

Nicks is going to be a premium receiver in the league for a good while. You're gonna regret that one. QBs are so replaceable in 12-team leagues it's not even funny. You don't get monster, young WRs like Nicks very easily.
Edit - never mind. I can't read.

16 team PPR 1/2/2/1/ 1 flex

Team A receives: 1.02

Team B receives: Cecil Shorts and Ryan Tannehill

Team C receives: Randall Cobb

Team D receives: Kenny Britt and Mike Williams

Team E receives: Josh Gordon, Mark Ingram and 24th overall pick (2.08)

Team F receives: Philip Rivers and Danario Alexander

Team E receives: Josh Gordon, Mark Ingram and 24th overall pick (2.08)

Team F receives: Philip Rivers and Danario Alexander
This is really bad. Gordon is worth more than Rivers and DX himself.
objectively this seems to be true, but personally I'm expecting DX to do better than Gordon this year. Probably not long term though.

Rivers seems to have little to no value now, he might be the ideal value-play.

This one might require a link to the league to believe...Seriously, do we start a secondary thread titled "Hey, look at this trade I made up" or "Look how much I ripped off this terrible owner"? This thread has gotten ridiculous...
The thing I don't understand is why people comment on the ridiculously lopsided trades. Just ignore them. No need to say demaryius Thomas in a landslide when it's Thomas for scraps.

Team A gives S RidleyTeam B gives R Mathews
Prefer Ridley, easily.
Funny, I prefer Mathews and its not close. Mathews already has a top 10 finish in ppr and is a 3 down back. Only thing holding him Back is health. Your banking he gets injured. No different then McFadden, Murray
Two other guys I have no interest in.I understand the value, but i just don't like the chances with running backs.

Team A receives: T.Austin, K.Wright, T.Eifert

Team B receives: E.Decker, M.Williams (TB), M.Bennett

12 team, dynasty PPR, 26 man rosters

Team A receives: T.Austin, K.Wright, T.EifertTeam B receives: E.Decker, M.Williams (TB), M.Bennett12 team, dynasty PPR, 26 man rosters
Really like Team A's side.
Depends on the competitiveness of the team, but could totally see taking Team B's side if I was close to the top of the league now. I am really down on Kendall wright though.
Team A's starting lineup now:ARodRidleyAMorrisBMarshallFitzHarvinT.AustinFinley/EifertKDKey players on the bench: D.Wilson, Stevie Johnson, K.Wright, J.Cameron

Team A receives: T.Austin, K.Wright, T.EifertTeam B receives: E.Decker, M.Williams (TB), M.Bennett12 team, dynasty PPR, 26 man rosters
Depends on the competitiveness of the team, but could totally see taking Team B's side if I was close to the top of the league now. I am really down on Kendall wright though.
I'm very down on Wright as well but he still has value. I'd flip him if I could find someone who values him as a top 100 player.

I'm very down on Wright as well but he still has value. I'd flip him if I could find someone who values him as a top 100 player.
I like team a side even without k wright.

Team A Gets: Jordy/Ridley/3.07

Team B Gets: Charles/3.02

not involved (start 3RB + 1 WR/RB flex)
In a deep starting league where you HAVE to start 3 RB... I might actually lean Jordy/Ridley here. I think Jordy is going to be a beast the next couple of years,though, and Ridley is still a RB2. It's so hard to find RBs that get 20+ touches a game in those start many RB leagues. Seems pretty even, though. In a more normal start RB2 league I'd probably take Charles.

Team A gets R. MathewsTeam B gets Stepfan Taylor 2014 1st
that better be a a mid or lower pick when it is all said and done. otherwise, this deal didn't cost much for Team A. if team A has depth behind Matthews then i can understand it. Taylor is a total unknown in the desert now.

Team A Gets: Jordy/Ridley/3.07

Team B Gets: Charles/3.02

not involved (start 3RB + 1 WR/RB flex)
In a deep starting league where you HAVE to start 3 RB... I might actually lean Jordy/Ridley here. I think Jordy is going to be a beast the next couple of years,though, and Ridley is still a RB2. It's so hard to find RBs that get 20+ touches a game in those start many RB leagues. Seems pretty even, though. In a more normal start RB2 league I'd probably take Charles.
I'd take the Jordy side. With Jennings gone I think Jordy can outproduce Charles (who turns 27 this year) for the next few years. I'm not overly fond of Ridley but it does look like BB trusts him to carry the load.

Traded the 3.16 for LaMichael James in my PPR/return yardage dynasty league.

He cost 2.1 mil with a 50 mil cap.

I gave up Flacco, Joe BAL QB;

Taylor, Tyrod BAL QB;

Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.32

For Fox, John DEN Coach;

Reece, Marcel OAK RB;

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE;

Suh, Ndamukong DET DT;

Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.02

DT and coach mandatory, 32 teams but every player is available twice.

Haven't seen many deals worth flacco. I expected more at first but like Pitta enough. Flacco was my #3 behind peyton and brees. Now pitta is #3 behind Gonzo and witten, but we can start 3 TEs.

Team A traded Witten + 2014 3rd

Team B traded 2.01 + 3.06 + 5.11

I'm stupidly enamoured with a rookie in that vicinity... Probably loses me a championship

12 team, 40 man rosters, PPR, 6 points all TDs, return league QB-RB-RB-RB/WR-WR-WR-TE-SuperFlex-SuperFlex-IDP

Starting team now

QB - Kaepernick

RB-RB - Rice-TRich

RB/WR - D Wilson

WR-WR - Calvin-Nicks

TE - Cook or Bennett

SF - Roethlisberger

SF - Jennings/Stewart/Sanders/VBrown/Tate
Hope the rookie works out for you. I wouldn't have given Witten away that cheaply in a PPR if that left Cook and Bennett as my best TEs.
Hopkins ended up falling to 2.01. There were a few guys in the 1.07-1.12 who are flat out desperate for RBs, so he just kept on falling...

I gave up Flacco, Joe BAL QB;Taylor, Tyrod BAL QB;Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.32For Fox, John DEN Coach;Reece, Marcel OAK RB;Pitta, Dennis BAL TE;Suh, Ndamukong DET DT;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.02DT and coach mandatory, 32 teams but every player is available twice.Haven't seen many deals worth flacco. I expected more at first but like Pitta enough. Flacco was my #3 behind peyton and brees. Now pitta is #3 behind Gonzo and witten, but we can start 3 TEs.
What's the coach scoring like?

TT gave up Robert Woods(no of contracts years not set yet;max:5/$1.35 M)

OB gave up Michael Crabtree(2 years left/3.35 M) & Kenny Stills(no. of contracts years not set yet;max: 5 years/$300k)

Salary Cap limit is 88M for for 21-start(roster:45 IDP league

This one might require a link to the league to believe...Seriously, do we start a secondary thread titled "Hey, look at this trade I made up" or "Look how much I ripped off this terrible owner"? This thread has gotten ridiculous...
I would agree, people seem to just like to post their person winning ripoffs or some other horrible deal in their league that made them bad. We need a "realistic trades" thread or something.

Team A gets R. MathewsTeam B gets Stepfan Taylor 2014 1st
that better be a a mid or lower pick when it is all said and done. otherwise, this deal didn't cost much for Team A. if team A has depth behind Matthews then i can understand it. Taylor is a total unknown in the desert now.
Should be a late 1st.....Mathews will be my #4 rb....it seemed like good value to give for Mathews

I gave up Flacco, Joe BAL QB;Taylor, Tyrod BAL QB;Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.32For Fox, John DEN Coach;Reece, Marcel OAK RB;Pitta, Dennis BAL TE;Suh, Ndamukong DET DT;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.02DT and coach mandatory, 32 teams but every player is available twice.Haven't seen many deals worth flacco. I expected more at first but like Pitta enough. Flacco was my #3 behind peyton and brees. Now pitta is #3 behind Gonzo and witten, but we can start 3 TEs.
What's the coach scoring like?
5 points for a win +/- 1 point per 5 point margin. So a 21-10 win will yield 7 points, a 10-21 loss is -2. Overall, coaches don't matter much so many teams will just get coaches/teams they like (unless they suck).

Zealots Non-PPR

Gave: Marshawn Lynch / 4.03 / 2014 1st and 5th round picks

Got: LeSean McCoy
What?
Sideways move to get a little younger, plus I usually waste draft picks anyway.
If the pick is late, I like it for you.
The pick should be in the 9-12 range. I felt like I could afford to take the chance on a McCoy rebound. If Lynch had been my RB1 I doubt I'd have done the trade, but he was my RB4 last year behind Peterson, Foster, and Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread