What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Song Draft - Post Round 19/20 Picks any time today. (1 Viewer)

Gonna be playing catch-up for this whole draft and going to try not to lean too heavily on my mid-year selections.

Round 1 - Eric Church - Desperate Man (Spotify Link at left, YouTube link at right) Desperate Man

This sums up where I am for ideas right now and it was bound to make my Top 10, so may as well play the “Kicker in the 1st round” card here.  Love the song, but the same name album has more clunkers than classics.  But still looking forward to 2019’s “Double Down” tour from EC - two nights, same city, different set list.

I tried to go to college but I didn't belong
Everything I said was either funny or wrong
They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans
Laughed when they gave me amphetamines
Left me alone in a bad part of town
Thirty-six hours to come back down
Am I the last of my kind?
Am I the last of my kind?

From my favorite artist, this time a live cut that I enjoyed even more as the year went  on - just love the outro dual between Sadler Vaden’s electric guitar and Amanda Shires’ fiddle while Jason Isbell strums along on this acoustic and checks in with the rest of the band.

Glad to see this track make 2018’s “Live From The Ryman” - Spotify link below is from this album.  What great shows they were in the fall of 2017 and this song was a standout each night.  And now, will no longer have to rely on boots to get this song fix every few days.

Round 3 - Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit - The Last of My Kind (Live) (YouTube link)

(Spotify Link - Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit - The Last of My Kind (Live))

I hope no one is offended if I jump in on this.

Rd One - Royce da 5'9" - Caterpillar ft. Eminem, King Green

There are other songs released this year that I occasionally obsess over and play repeatedly, but I've been coming back to this one pretty consistently since I first heard it.

J
:clap:

This was my ear worm one week recently. Holy crow. Took Pinky Da Pimp's advice to check this album out and was blown away by the dexterity displayed on the song by both rappers with a sick beat.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been absolutely buried with work, so won't be fancy with my first pick. which is OBVIOUS and generally good advice all around. 

never fight a man with a perm- IDLES

Brylcreem
Creatine
And a bag of Charlie Sheen
Brylcreem
Creatine
And a bag of kokain
A dulcet man with a dulcet tone
From a dulcet town and a dulcet home
He hates me
I like that
btw- the kexp guy's reaction at the end of this song (just cut off in the above video) is hilarious

Round 1:   

Hop Along - Prior Things

The limited albums that I have gotten a chance to listen to are mostly from bands that I have loved an album in the past, but thought the albums from this year were good but not great.  To be fair, it could be because I haven't had time to do a ton of repeat listens.  

You let a guy join late and he just decimates your list :angry: .

This is correct. 

I'm assuming at some point we will double up on songs from the same album, there are a few taken that I was considering a different song from same album but I won't spotlight for now.
Cool.  I didn't play along with the mid year one, so I won't feel too bad if I double up.

3- I woke up in a ####ed up america- Lonnie Holley

can't keep an artist down. this guy can't really sing, but I respect the #### out of his approach to leading an artist's life. 
this one's alright, even if floppinho didn't sing on it.

4- freebird ll- floppinho's parquet courts

Every step I’ve strayed from and followed
Led me to the same location
Every act I’ve forsake and borrowed
A delivery to now
And I’ve never wondered how I came to be
I feel free like you promised I’d be

btw- I know we're avoiding the midseason picks for overlap... and I know for many that involves bands as well as songs.

not me. IDLES and Parquet Courts are my top two albums with bullets, so I feel like this playlist will need representatives from both.

3.x - CHVRCHES - Miracle (Hansa Session)

The album version came out earlier this year which I thought was decent, but this acoustic version form the new EP seems so much more powerful and emotional.
Love it!  I hadn't heard this version of the song.  This was the song from that album I had written down to take soon.  

I will pull the NV and say that I saw them in concert, and they put on a really fun show.  They seem to be (especially her) coming into their own and getting more comfortable with being on stage.  

I will pull the NV and say that I saw them in concert, and they put on a really fun show.  They seem to be (especially her) coming into their own and getting more comfortable with being on stage.  
I had the festival conflict a couple years back between them and Foals. I went with Foals and it's one of my favourite shows ever but I do wish I got to see Chvrches.

I saw Parquet Courts last year in a big stone church in Baltimore and it was cool but yeah it sounded like we were a big stone church.  They kept stopping to banter and nobody could understand a word they were saying.

I saw Nine Inch Nails last night however and it was ####### awesome

I don't know what to do with one song that I think might be objectively awful but I hear it once and it's stuck in my head for days and I want to keep listening to it but I still think it might be bad but I might also love it.

I didn't participate in the mid season draft, but Parquet Courts would be in my 2018 mix... but I've got a bunch of others to draft, but definite hat tip to them...

Users who are viewing this thread