What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Morris, Redskins RB - Value (1 Viewer)

I don't know about you guys but no one in my league is interested and I am just going to enjoy the ride, redraft and dynasty. No one will believe in him until the seasons's over and he's top ten.
Maybe nobody will believe in him until he plays someone besides the two worst run defenses in the NFL and another ranked in the bottom 10. Let's see how he does against Tampa next week before we crown his ###.
After the Bucs he doesn't face another top 10 ranked run D the rest of the year. After TB would be a good time to buy if he doesn't have a great game.
Might be too late to buy now.

Not selling him anymore. I can't think of many RBs I'd take for him straight up now. Foster, Peterson, Rice, MJD, Charles, McCoy. After that, a few guys you could argue (DMC, Richardson, Forte) but thats about it.

Not selling him anymore. I can't think of many RBs I'd take for him straight up now. Foster, Peterson, Rice, MJD, Charles, McCoy. After that, a few guys you could argue (DMC, Richardson, Forte) but thats about it.
I have been saying all along that Shanahan loves Morris. Morris has been riding the bench for me all season. I am starting to think he is a must start each week, even over McFadden and McCoy. I am already starting RGIII over Matt Ryan.

I have been saying all along that Shanahan loves Morris. Morris has been riding the bench for me all season. I am starting to think he is a must start each week, even over McFadden and McCoy. I am already starting RGIII over Matt Ryan.
I'm likely to do the same. Already been platooning RG3 and Ryan - I've chosen correctly all 4 weeks, luckily.McFadden as my #1 and Bradshaw as (I thought) my #2 is probably going to be changing very soon.

Tampa Bay was allowing about 2.4 yards/rush (or something like that) before todays game. Morris got 113 yards and a TD on 21 rushes.

yeah i benched him. probably won't happen again.
Yeah, believed in him from Week 1 and happy I did. He's the #3 RB in my league right now. Here's hoping for more than my original projection thoughts. Unless he gets hurt I don't see how his production slows down, this was arguably one of his worst matchups left on the schedule and he torched them. :thumbup:
My gut feeling is telling me that Morris ends as a Top 10 RB this season. I honestly don't think 1100yds and 10+ TDs is out of the question as long as he stays healthy. Shanny loves the guy, that's pretty apparent. He may not be "fast" or "flashy" but he's what Shanahan likes. He runs hard, finishes every run, can pass block and has "seemingly" good ball security.He's off to a good start on that, if he stays healthy he'll be one of those guys that wins you a fantasy championship.

Was offered Morris for my 2013 1st/2nd rookie draft picks....chewing on it

Conventional wisdom says that the time to sell is when everyone is buying in (so to speak). As warren buffett says... "Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others get greedy"

Personally I wouldn't sell Morris right now however, his arrow is still pointing upwards.

From John Keim, one of the good Redskin beat reporters.

Speaking of the run game, I’m still waiting for Alfred Morris to run like a sixth-round pick. His touchdown run was set up by good blocks, but Morris helped his downfield blockers, which makes the difference between a decent run and a scoring run. Morris pressed the hole hard, not cutting back until he was a yard behind the line. In addition to the linebackers staying too far inside, it caused the backside safety to come a half-yard or so too much to the inside, enabling a blocker to seal him. Morris cut off that block, slipped through a tackle at the 35 and was gone. He’s not the fastest guy, but he plays to his speed and that’s what matters most. If you can press the hole and cut back hard, you can make a lot of yards in this league.

I was surprised at the trade value of this guy being so low from what I've seen posted here over the past couple of weeks. RG3 has this whole offense clocking, Morris is one of the few RB's that you can actually start every week regardless of the matchup/situation. Congrats to those that drafted this guy late and held on or to those that bought while the price was very reasonable.

I have heard the Terrell Davis comparisons and honestly did not see it until this week. He had a little 3 yd run in the 2nd half where I was finally like.. "hmm that's what people have been talking about".

Good to see that he's getting targets on screen passes as well, though it'll be awhile, if ever, that he gets worked into the passing down sets.

Likely finishes top 10 in non-PPR, top 15 is a sure bet. Based on what I've seen from his owners it's gonna be nearly impossible to buy for a reasonable price now.

just traded him for jordy nelson

Start 2

RB) AP Murray R.Williams Turbin Wilson D Richardson

Start 3

WR)Nicks(injured)Cruz Decker A.Brown and now J Nelson

10 pts td

Did I make out?

Prob going to use #1 waiver on B Bolden

just traded him for jordy nelsonStart 2RB) AP Murray R.Williams Turbin Wilson D RichardsonStart 3 WR)Nicks(injured)Cruz Decker A.Brown and now J Nelson10 pts tdDid I make out?Prob going to use #1 waiver on B Bolden
Not crazy about it but I see why you pilled the trigger.

just traded him for jordy nelsonStart 2RB) AP Murray R.Williams Turbin Wilson D RichardsonStart 3 WR)Nicks(injured)Cruz Decker A.Brown and now J Nelson10 pts tdDid I make out?Prob going to use #1 waiver on B Bolden
Well that really is selling high and buying low. Hate it.

Just made my first trade for him this year (Skins Homer)

In a PPR dynasty league where I felt I had little chance to win it this year

I gave: S-Jax and Steve Smith Panthers

I got: Morris, Royster, and a 2013 1st (probably 1.7-1.12 range)

I got Alf from the WW after week one. He's stuck on my bench behind Jamaal Charles and Frank Gore. I'm not even thinking about trading him unless I get in serious trouble.

in a ppr just traded for him

I got:

Aaron Rodgers

Alfred Morris

Denarius moore

Brandon lafell

and gave:

Vick

Mcfadden

Reggie Wayne

Donald Brown

Rodgers and morris dont come cheap

Not an actual offer but an email I got. DeMarco Murray for Alf. That'd have to be one of best sell high/ buy lows of all time.

trying to trade for him. Guy that has him keeps trying to tell me Alfred morris for jimmy graham is a fair deal. I don't agree. Morris isn't worth that much is he?

I really liked what i saw from Morris in these past 2 weeks. Plus with defenders having to worry about RG3 being a dual threat, i think this will open up even bigger holes for Morris to run through. Only thing i am worried about morris is Shanahan.

Im holding onto Morris mostly because McFadden and Martin havent lived up too their potential this year. Im hoping Morris and R. Bush can carry my team until those 2 get their act together if at all.

in a ppr just traded for himI got:Aaron RodgersAlfred MorrisDenarius mooreBrandon lafelland gave:VickMcfaddenReggie WayneDonald BrownRodgers and morris dont come cheap
They sure did in this trade. Absolute theft! Nice job
Seriously... did you break into the guys house and beat him with a pipe until he logged into his fantasy account?
Haha no it was offered to me too and like 4 other people in the league were giving me crap about it today

in a ppr just traded for himI got:Aaron RodgersAlfred MorrisDenarius mooreBrandon lafelland gave:VickMcfaddenReggie WayneDonald BrownRodgers and morris dont come cheap
Seriously... did you break into the guys house and beat him with a pipe until he logged into his fantasy account?
Haha no it was offered to me too and like 4 other people in the league were giving me crap about it today
That's insane, I look at that trade and besides the loss of Wayne you upgraded at every single spot of the trade. Amazing. Also yeah... I agree. Morris for Graham is completely reasonable now. Had you tried to buy after Week 1? You could have probably gotten Morris for like Jacob Tamme though. I think I need to get a return on my statement that there are no shanahanigan's to be had here. Clearly there are, people could have gotten a Top 5-10 fantasy RB for the price of a 2 liter bottle of Coke earlier in the season and now they're finally coming to realize they really missed out and now the price is way to high.

That's insane, I look at that trade and besides the loss of Wayne you upgraded at every single spot of the trade. Amazing. Also yeah... I agree. Morris for Graham is completely reasonable now. Had you tried to buy after Week 1? You could have probably gotten Morris for like Jacob Tamme though. I think I need to get a return on my statement that there are no shanahanigan's to be had here. Clearly there are, people could have gotten a Top 5-10 fantasy RB for the price of a 2 liter bottle of Coke earlier in the season and now they're finally coming to realize they really missed out and now the price is way to high.
Wayne isn't a scrub and he's outscoring Morris. He also has job security that Morris doesn't have. If you break it into separate trades it's rather fair:Rodgers for McFaddenMoore for VickMorris for WayneLaFell for Brown

'cstu said:
'Khy said:
'Nickdi said:
'Khy said:
'Buck Stop said:
Wayne isn't a scrub and he's outscoring Morris. He also has job security that Morris doesn't have. If you break it into separate trades it's rather fair:Rodgers for McFaddenMoore for VickMorris for WayneLaFell for Brown
Why doesn't Morris have job security?

'need2know said:
trying to trade for him. Guy that has him keeps trying to tell me Alfred morris for jimmy graham is a fair deal. I don't agree. Morris isn't worth that much is he?
I'd rather have Morris

I turned the law firm into DeMarco Murray over the course of 2 trades with the added bonus of 31 points the week I had Morris. I think Morris is good but it blows my mind I was able to do that.

'cstu said:
'Khy said:
'Nickdi said:
'Khy said:
'Buck Stop said:
Why doesn't Morris have job security?
For this year he does, but next year anything could happen. Wayne may be another year older but he'll still be Indy's #1 WR.

Just flipped CJ0K and Colston for Al Mo. and Fitzy. Sorry to see Colston go, have to try to get him in a league but Al. Mo for CJ was too good to pass up. Here is to you guys being right about him and CJ ROS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of tough weeks coming up for him, thinking of benching him for T Smith vs KC. My fear is Wash falls behind early and Morris is taken out.
Atlanta I would not consider a tough matchup at all... they're currently next to last in the league in yards per carries allowed. I'm surprised alot of pundits haven't noticed this, but Atlanta can be run on very easily.

Hey guys for all I know Alf may be the next Terrell Davis for Shanahan. He's had a good run so far but I personally have barely seen him at all. With DeMarco I know without any doubt what I have. They have their center coming back and a bye week to work out their problems. That's the fun of this game, we don't really know for sure how they will do and only time will tell. I'm certainly not going to root against the guy just because I traded him. Good luck to everyone that is rooting for Alf to take you to the super bowl.

Couple of tough weeks coming up for him, thinking of benching him for T Smith vs KC. My fear is Wash falls behind early and Morris is taken out.
Atlanta I would not consider a tough matchup at all... they're currently next to last in the league in yards per carries allowed. I'm surprised alot of pundits haven't noticed this, but Atlanta can be run on very easily.
Yeah, they have been but mostly by tandems and a tentative J. Charles, so it may have gone unnoticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys for all I know Alf may be the next Terrell Davis for Shanahan. He's had a good run so far but I personally have barely seen him at all. With DeMarco I know without any doubt what I have. They have their center coming back and a bye week to work out their problems. That's the fun of this game, we don't really know for sure how they will do and only time will tell. I'm certainly not going to root against the guy just because I traded him. Good luck to everyone that is rooting for Alf to take you to the super bowl.
I didnt meant to imply that it was a bad trade. I just felt like even a week ago it was at best a lateral move, cant deny at all that Murray could outplay Morris for the rest of the season easily, I just think its too close and leaning towards Morris.

The experts in Vegas have it only as a 3 point spread. I tend to look at the spreads when considering who to start. Keep in mind Washington was getting hammered by the Bengals but Morris still got 17 rushes. Atlanta's weakness, as mentioned, is running the ball on them. Another tidbit is that Vegas has this over/under at 50, the 3rd highest for the week. It would seem that, by Vegas logic, there will be plenty of opportunity for running the ball and scoring opportunities. I'm not going to argue him vs Torrey, but I'm just stating that it seems Morris may have a solid shot at some good stats this week.In other news, I remember after week 2 of the pre-season when he had 10 carries for 34 yards and I just picked him up for the hell of it because anything goes with Shanahan. My oh my, how that has paid off. I've tried to cash in on his current value, but my league mates still aren't giving him much respect. I guess I'll just keep riding this as long as I can (that sounds wrong).

Just flipped CJ0K and Colston for Al Mo. and Fitzy. Sorry to see Colston go, have to try to get him in a league but Al. Mo for CJ was too good to pass up. Here is to you guys being right about him and CJ ROS.
I own Morris and Fitz and would never do this deal. You made out well.

Users who are viewing this thread