What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

anybody watching this guy getting ready to cross Niagara Falls (1 Viewer)

That was freaking awesome. Never in a million years could I imagine doing that. I don't care about the shtick, the feat was far more impressive than anything I've seen any professional athlete do.

It's really hard to fall with a 40# balance pole. He would basically have to step off the wire on purpose
His great grandfather fell and died.
Was that the guy in South America? I remember that from when I was a kid. Like I said, traumatizing. Stuff of nightmares. They have it on video.
I think it was in Puerto Rico.Was a walk between buildings IIRC.
Didn't his son complete the same walk in his honor?

It's really hard to fall with a 40# balance pole. He would basically have to step off the wire on purpose
His great grandfather fell and died.
Was that the guy in South America? I remember that from when I was a kid. Like I said, traumatizing. Stuff of nightmares. They have it on video.
I think it was in Puerto Rico.Was a walk between buildings IIRC.
Didn't his son complete the same walk in his honor?
Granddaughter and her son.ETA: And her son is the guy that just crossed the Falls.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said his next feat will be to cross the Grand Canyon... 1 mile wide and 1400 ft. deep. The permits are already in place.

That was freaking awesome. Never in a million years could I imagine doing that. I don't care about the shtick, the feat was far more impressive than anything I've seen any professional athlete do.
:rolleyes: That's a little much. There was zero pressure on this guy and he had nothing to fear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they explain why he had to wear the safety clip?... I assume that was not his idea and was mandated by either the US and Canada, or maybe TV?

Did they explain why he had to wear the safety clip?... I assume that was not his idea and was mandated by either the US and Canada, or maybe TV?
They mentioned that it was required by his sponsors I believe.
I believe this is correct. I don't know if ABC had requested it as well, they may have.He complained about the harness several times before the event, and it clearly was not his idea. He says he's never worn a harness before during a walk.

Yeah and I love Hannah Storm or whoever the hell that was trying to spin that by saying that ZOMG!!1! He's never worn a harness before, which adds to the drama!

:rolleyes: That's a little much. There was zero pressure on this guy and he had nothing to fear.
You're obviously not afraid of heights!
You sound like a real ####.
Now that's pretty pointless and cheesy. :thumbdown:

Not actually the Grand Canyon, it's a 1500-feet deep gorge nearby. My uncle and cousin are part of the production team. I asked them what the protocol is if he falls... they will cut away to an on site reporter. The event is being broadcast on a ten second delay.

has anyone doing a dangerous stunt ever actually hurt himself? these guys have like a 100% completion rate in my viewings

Something close to ten people have died doing stupid #### at niagra. People did all sorts of crap there back in the day

Not actually the Grand Canyon, it's a 1500-feet deep gorge nearby. My uncle and cousin are part of the production team. I asked them what the protocol is if he falls... they will cut away to an on site reporter. The event is being broadcast on a ten second delay.
So are you are telling us there is no reason to watch?

They are milking this for all it's worth. Dude better start his death march before Mad Men begins, is all I have to say.

My guide says its on from 8-1020. No thanks. I'll see the 30 second clip tomorrow of what happens. If its bad, deadspin will tweet it out.

Users who are viewing this thread