What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston with a little DUI action (1 Viewer)

Read the article in the link of the first post. He was asleep at a red light turned green, repeatedly. He didn't know where he was, his story of where he was and where he was going doesn't match (according to TB homers on the board) and his eyes were jittery.
Thanks - didn't see that. The fact that he was in a traffic lane at a stoplight certainly makes it more suspicious, as well as not knowing where he was. Still, there's certainly other possible explanations (exhaustion, medications, mental state, etc.) for such erratic behavior. We'll find out soon enough, and if he was under the influence of something illegal then he'll deserve what he gets, but I'm just a bit troubled by the joy many seem to take in the downfall of someone's life/career. Athlete/celebrity or not, it's sad to see see someone's life play out in front of the whole country as if it were entertainment.
It would not surprise me at all, given Boston's history, if he is not on some sort of medication for depression or paranoia. A number of psychiatric drugs could cause Boston to pass out at any time. I hadn't thought of that until your post, but it does go right in line with Boston's history.

Read the article in the link of the first post. He was asleep at a red light turned green, repeatedly. He didn't know where he was, his story of where he was and where he was going doesn't match (according to TB homers on the board) and his eyes were jittery.
Unfortunately, it seems some think it was a parking lot(ESPN radio), some think was what you said(article).In the video all I heard was the officer say I asked you to come over here...but no clue where they came from. Wish there was a way to clarify that.

I just tried to do that 9 steps and pivot in my office..I just woke up and was wobbly.
Wow -- same here. I woke up about three minutes ago, and struggled to walk in a straight line or to stand one one foot without wobbling, which surprised me. Boston definitely did much better than me -- but he'd been awake longer.

For everyone defending Boston, why would he lie to the cop? About everything. And why did he want to call his lawyer? If he wasn't doing anything wrong he should believe he could pass a FST with no problem. The guy is a professional athlete, I think he should excel at physical tests, while sober. The bottom line is he lied about where he was, where he was going and what he was doing. Why?

Guilty people lie, and DB has a history that suggests something else was going on. And the "Superman" pose clinches it, because straight people just don't do that.

This is of course just opinion/speculation.

Part of the reason I was very uninterested in picking Boston up this year is that everyone was raving about him LAST year at this time with VERY similar phrasing. Then, all of the sudden, he goes from being a big part of the team (and at a fairly low salary) to off of the team. Why? Why not keep him on the team, and have him be WR6 or something? That bugged me then, and it bugged me earlier this pre-season when the hype started again.

But a true drug problem could explain that. Boston DOES look good on the field (practice or games), but the team has an inkling that all is not well in the Boston universe. In 2006 they get some indication that's he's fallen off of the wagon right before he is cut, but they hope he can clean up and give him another shot the next year. Everything is looking good, and then BLAM, he's gone again.

Again, just ONE possible explanation for a very bizarre history.
Because they had an OL injury and needed to clear a roster spot for it. As Boston WAS the WR 6 due to still recovering from injury, he was the one they let go. So last year it wasn't a drug problem. This reasoning was given last year, when he was released, and is the same story Gruden is saying this year about why Boston didn't stay with the team last year.

BTW, you should get a job for The Smoking Gun or something - you're pretty good at making up stuff.
Whatever dude. You should get a job as an ostrich, because you like to put you head in the sand.All I know is that one minute he was "looking great", "wowing" teamates and coaches, "had his speed back", "felt as good as he ever had", and was going to "make a big contribution to the team", and then all of the sudden he's not good enough to carry on the roster (unlike Ike Hilliard and Paris Warren).

For everyone defending Boston, why would he lie to the cop? About everything. And why did he want to call his lawyer?
I got the impression he felt his messed up knees and ankle he just rolled in TC would not make him feel well balanced in order to walk a perfectly straight line. In fact IIRC he said "cooridinatedly" when trying to describe proprioception to the officer. Many people believe if you're not perfect, walking the line, you're considerred drunk. While that's debatable, I think that fear is pretty common.The lawyer call was to see if he had to take the test or if it was unreasonable to ask him to do so

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, it seems some think it was a parking lot(ESPN radio), some think was what you said(article).In the video all I heard was the officer say I asked you to come over here...but no clue where they came from. Wish there was a way to clarify that.
In the video, is that his Range Rover you see in the background? Looks like it's parked along a the street in the background to me, with a white police car behind. Then you see if pull around behind Boston shortly after.

bottom line situation. if his blood is good, he's good. if it's not, he's in trouble. shouldnt take long to find out. this case is going out the window in court without positive blood or breath. Boston volunteered both, so I assume he's good. Cant hate the cop for doing his job, but it wasnt right to make assumptions and judgements about Boston based on his profession and his skills related to that, his education and background, and not make judgements based on the injuries he stated he had. He should have treated this as any other case. Never even acknowledged Boston as a professional athlete....just a common citizen. The second he did that, this case was dismissed.

For everyone defending Boston, why would he lie to the cop? About everything. And why did he want to call his lawyer? If he wasn't doing anything wrong he should believe he could pass a FST with no problem. The guy is a professional athlete, I think he should excel at physical tests, while sober. The bottom line is he lied about where he was, where he was going and what he was doing. Why?

Guilty people lie, and DB has a history that suggests something else was going on. And the "Superman" pose clinches it, because straight people just don't do that.
C'mon, you gotta give the guy an 'A' for effort with that move.

I just tried to do that 9 steps and pivot in my office..I just woke up and was wobbly. Cop was a jerk.Boston did not seem incoherent at all!
Did you just wake up behind the wheel of your car at a stop light with your car in drive?

For everyone defending Boston, why would he lie to the cop? About everything. And why did he want to call his lawyer? If he wasn't doing anything wrong he should believe he could pass a FST with no problem. The guy is a professional athlete, I think he should excel at physical tests, while sober. The bottom line is he lied about where he was, where he was going and what he was doing. Why?Guilty people lie, and DB has a history that suggests something else was going on. And the "Superman" pose clinches it, because straight people just don't do that.
Think about it. You're a professional athlete with a history of problems and you're making a comeback. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that Boston really does have a legit reason. Big jump for some of you, but just look at it from that perspective. Let's say he either fell asleep or that he was on some medication or something, but NOT drugs and NOT alcohol. He realizes that he was just woken up at a red light and this cop thinks he's under the influence. He knows he's not under the influence, is able to speak clearly and coherently, and tells the cop "hey, I'm more than willing to cooperate....give me a blood test, give me a breathalyzer, I'll do whatever test you want". He also let's the cop know beforehand he hurt his ankle in TC, knowing that one little slip and he could be in trouble. The cop says, "yes, there's other tests". DB says good and he's willing to do any other test. Then the cop proceeds right back to the line after DB said he's willing to do any other test. At THAT point, DB thinks "man, why is this cop still persisting here. He really thinks I'm impaired" and wants to call his lawyer to make sure that nothing funny is going on and this gets handled correctly. The cop then proceeds to tell him he can't call his lawyer either. That is the point where you can tell DB is frustrated and annoyed and starts acting stupid (which is very stupid on his part). But if you watch the video for a 2nd time after having seen it the first time, you can tell from the very beginning that DB was actually very cooperative and was willing to submit to any testing to prove he wasn't on anything. Those are not the actions of someone that's on any type of drug. You don't start volunteering to take any blood or urine while you're high.

Think about it. You're a professional athlete with a history of problems and you're making a comeback. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that Boston really does have a legit reason. Big jump for some of you, but just look at it from that perspective. Let's say he either fell asleep or that he was on some medication or something, but NOT drugs and NOT alcohol. He realizes that he was just woken up at a red light and this cop thinks he's under the influence. He knows he's not under the influence, is able to speak clearly and coherently, and tells the cop "hey, I'm more than willing to cooperate....give me a blood test, give me a breathalyzer, I'll do whatever test you want". He also let's the cop know beforehand he hurt his ankle in TC, knowing that one little slip and he could be in trouble. The cop says, "yes, there's other tests". DB says good and he's willing to do any other test. Then the cop proceeds right back to the line after DB said he's willing to do any other test. At THAT point, DB thinks "man, why is this cop still persisting here. He really thinks I'm impaired" and wants to call his lawyer to make sure that nothing funny is going on and this gets handled correctly. The cop then proceeds to tell him he can't call his lawyer either. That is the point where you can tell DB is frustrated and annoyed and starts acting stupid (which is very stupid on his part). But if you watch the video for a 2nd time after having seen it the first time, you can tell from the very beginning that DB was actually very cooperative and was willing to submit to any testing to prove he wasn't on anything. Those are not the actions of someone that's on any type of drug. You don't start volunteering to take any blood or urine while you're high.
Personal experience? :ph34r:

I got nothing but a black box last night, but the video worked for me this morning.

If that's probable cause for impairment, wow. I had to do a field sobriety test once in my life, and he did a better job than I did, especially standing on one foot with another in the air.

David Boston didn't seem like anything was wrong with him other than being mighty annoyed by a cop who was clearly looking for something - anything - he could use as probable cause for an arrest. I agree with the sentiment that if he'd been under the influence of ANYTHING, he wouldn't be volunteering to take a breath, blood, or pee test.

For everyone defending Boston, why would he lie to the cop? About everything. And why did he want to call his lawyer? If he wasn't doing anything wrong he should believe he could pass a FST with no problem. The guy is a professional athlete, I think he should excel at physical tests, while sober. The bottom line is he lied about where he was, where he was going and what he was doing. Why?Guilty people lie, and DB has a history that suggests something else was going on. And the "Superman" pose clinches it, because straight people just don't do that.
Then why LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING?Guilty people lie, innocent people don't have to.

I didn't see him lie about anything on the tape. So the evidence that he lied is that the cop said so? I don't trust this cop.

Exactly, what was he lying about? Confused, maybe. Reason for the confusion?? I don't know. They asked him questions when they had just woken him up and he wasn't sure where he was. Once they had him out of the car and doing the FST, I didn't see anything close to resembling a lie in 15 minutes.

ETA--Bottomline is going to be that urine. If it's clean, then I think that cop will have some explaining to do. Not for bringing him in after the test as there were definitely parts of it that could be interepreted as just cause, but for continuing to force DB to take the FST after he volunteered to take any other test (which he has the right to do, if I'm not mistaken) and to deny him the chance to call his attorney when he didn't like the way things were headed.

mad sweeney said:
certificate said:
At about 2 minutes in, before any tests, Boston says that he doesnt want to do the tests because he has issues with his balance due to injuries. The officer asks him to do the balance tests anyway. Boston says "You know what man, I'm gonna call my attourney because I don't like the way this is headed". The cop says "You don't have the right to call your attourney right now David". Boston says "I don't want to get screwed and charged with a DUI because of some test because of my balance". The cop says "You have the right to do any field sobriety tests required by law, it's on your license.".Boston "Give me a breathalyzer or a blood test"Officer in his most condescending tone "I know it's not alcohol sir"Boston "huh?"Officer in his most condescending tone "I know it's not alcohol"Boston "What's not alcohol?" I have to say that I hope Boston is innocent because the cop is such a ####.
Wow, with this much speculative license you could be a reporter for ESPN. Yeah the cop sounded like he was talking to a kindergartner but he kept that calm tone the whole time and had to talk down to Boston because he could barely follow very simple instructions. . Boston was squirrely and pretty much uncooperative as well. I don't see any basis for calling this cop any names, escept maybe boring. Boston was acting like an idiot at times, refusing to do the tests and not doing what the officer said, making the cop repeat the instructions over and over. He could barely balance with one foot up and his "Superman" was pathetic. I'm surprised the cop didn't arrest him 5 minutes in. Cops have to make sure they word everything right and he's on video so he's covering all his bases. If Boston was more cooperative he might have gotten released instead of making a fuss and blundering through the tests. And then, the audacity of the white cop to actually ASSUME that the black suspect had graduated from college. How dare he!I don't know if Boston was effed up or not, the bloodtests will show it. He was definitely stubborn and passively uncooperative and argumentative. But the easiest way to not get charged is to shut up and do the tests as best you can. I really don't see what the cop did wrong other than not cuff him after the Superman pose. He was thorough and polite and called him sir or Mr Boston the whole time. The first two tests and the fact that his eyes were jittery are all the fuzz need to show probable cause. Oh, and he was asleep in his car in the street and didn't know where he was. But other than that, you're right the cops blew that one.
"Speculative License"? Those were all direct quotes from the video. The only thing I speculated on is that the cop is a ####.
Most Condescending ToneThat's what I was referring to. Boston couldn't even follw simple instructions and the cop had to explain things 6 times apiece and Boston still didn't do it right. How hard is it to count your steps while you walk? Especially when the cop is telling as you walk. The cops sounded like bad day on PBS pledge week but there was certainly no condescension. I thought he treated Boston with a lot of respect and care. Gave him plenty of chances when Boston wouldn't start the tests or do them right. What more could the cop have done?

I just tried to do that 9 steps and pivot in my office..I just woke up and was wobbly.
Wow -- same here. I woke up about three minutes ago, and struggled to walk in a straight line or to stand one one foot without wobbling, which surprised me. Boston definitely did much better than me -- but he'd been awake longer.
If your wife was standing there reminding you to count your steps do you think you could manage that monumental task? Because Boston couldn't.

If your wife was standing there reminding you to count your steps do you think you could manage that monumental task? Because Boston couldn't.
I didn't see Maurile's wife in that video reminding DB to count his steps.

Exactly, what was he lying about? Confused, maybe. Reason for the confusion?? I don't know. They asked him questions when they had just woken him up and he wasn't sure where he was. Once they had him out of the car and doing the FST, I didn't see anything close to resembling a lie in 15 minutes.ETA--Bottomline is going to be that urine. If it's clean, then I think that cop will have some explaining to do. Not for bringing him in after the test as there were definitely parts of it that could be interepreted as just cause, but for continuing to force DB to take the FST after he volunteered to take any other test (which he has the right to do, if I'm not mistaken) and to deny him the chance to call his attorney when he didn't like the way things were headed.
You don't have the right to call your attorney for a FST! Period. When you sign the line on your license you give Implied Consent to submit to FSTs if the officer has probable cause. Waking up in the middle of the street and thinking you're half an hour away from where you is pretty good PC to give him a test. Lots of people can claim they have balance problems and want to take a diffferent test, the cops can't fall for everyone's excuses. The cop told DB repeatedly that if the test was bothering his bad leg he could stop, but it was pretty clear that the cop was going step by step by the book. All Boston had to do was try the tests. If he failes them, he gets to go give his breathalyzer and blood sample. If he passes them he gets to go home. There's a ton of reasons, TC exhaustion high up on the list, for crashing in your car at a stop light. And no Boston didn't seem very effed up but the cop could point to a number of parts of the video as probable cause. His inability to follow simple instructions like "keep your hands at your side" or "count while you walk" and according to the report, which many haven't read only having seen the video, Boston's eyes were "jittery and bouncy" which is very suggestive of possible drug use. Bottom line, I think that if Boston had just been more cooperative he would've been fine and the tests would've taken 5 minutes. But he was uncooperative nad argumentative, although not aggressive in any way, and gave the cop plenty of ammo to back up the arrest.

as a cop, you guys are right - all cops are out to 'get' everybody. Secrets out. It has nothing to do with thousands of cases that lay out step-by-step every step that has to be taken in a DUI investigation. It has nothing to do with thousands of DUI cases getting tossed out in court because one step is skipped or performed incorrectly. It has nothing to do with cops in the past foregoing sobriety tests and moving to breath, blood urine and then later having that thrown out despite the suspect volunteering to take the test because PC has not been established. It has nothing to do with the fear of letting someone who may be under the influence of narcotics back in a vehicle that night or the next. Not trying to ruin DB - trying to keep your wife, children, mother, etc alive.

Bottom line is that if DB was not DUI-narcotics then the test will clear him. But the officer had PLENTY of PC to do what he did and handled himself appropriately and professionaly, armchair litigating aside.

I didn't see him lie about anything on the tape. So the evidence that he lied is that the cop said so? I don't trust this cop.
:rolleyes: You're better than this.

My only question on this is - do players have access after camp breaks? Boston is really pressing to make the team, maybe he went and did some working out on his own?
There's nothing in Orlando to access, camp is over. The entire Bucs facilities are in Tampa. Why would he go to Orlando to do anything?

The video did nothing but help him it certainly didn't hurt him. Cop had little person syndrome. Also doesn't Boston have to consent to having his face shown on a released video, because at this point he is innocent and has certain rights.

If his balance is as much of an issue as Boston is saying, he's going to suck as a receiver anyhow!

Also, did I hear the officer say Boston HAS to perform these tests? If so, I think that's BS - pretty sure you can refuse any and all tests.

Cop = #####. I don't think he should've been taken in.
:thumbup: He didn't do too well on the balance tests but other than that he seemed fine. The cop should have let him go IMO.And the what was the whole thing about not wanting to talk about his personal life on video about? The cop was a bit of a jerk.

My only question on this is - do players have access after camp breaks? Boston is really pressing to make the team, maybe he went and did some working out on his own?
There's nothing in Orlando to access, camp is over. The entire Bucs facilities are in Tampa. Why would he go to Orlando to do anything?
I don't see why him going to Orlando is an issue. This is America, you're supposed to be able to go where you want.

I suspect that Boston is clean and that he'll test negative.

But I'm really surprised at all the cop hate here. Boston was found sleeping in his car, apparently at a stop light. The cop HAS to follow procedure exactly, and Boston is arguing with him/resisting at (literally) every step.

It doesn't matter if you know you're clean. It doesn't matter if you're annoyed at the way the cop is talking to you. It doesn't matter if you think you're being hassled. You were asleep at a stoplight, and he has every right to perform the sobriety test. Shut up and do what he asks you to do.

If his balance is as much of an issue as Boston is saying, he's going to suck as a receiver anyhow!Also, did I hear the officer say Boston HAS to perform these tests? If so, I think that's BS - pretty sure you can refuse any and all tests.
From my understanding if you refuse all tests you are immedietly arrested...not 100%sure.What i found funny was after boston ''passes 3 or 4 fst`s the officer pauses and just stands there thinking of more tests to give him..''ummm hmmm lets see ummm...ok uh...oh i know one we hav`nt done yet...this should get ya'' :popcorn:

If his balance is as much of an issue as Boston is saying, he's going to suck as a receiver anyhow!Also, did I hear the officer say Boston HAS to perform these tests? If so, I think that's BS - pretty sure you can refuse any and all tests.
From my understanding if you refuse all tests you are immedietly arrested...not 100%sure.What i found funny was after boston ''passes 3 or 4 fst`s the officer pauses and just stands there thinking of more tests to give him..''ummm hmmm lets see ummm...ok uh...oh i know one we hav`nt done yet...this should get ya'' :popcorn:
You're right they do. I've been through the DUI thing - all lawyers tell you to not take the field tests because they can only hurt you, they never help your case. If he was really sober I'd have just refused and insisted on taking me down to the station for a blood and breath test.

I don't see why him going to Orlando is an issue. This is America, you're supposed to be able to go where you want.
Oiy. Keep reading.It's an issue because he thought he was in Orlando. He was nowhere near it, and in fact probably had not been since the Bucs broke camp 10 days ago.

Anyone here ever see an NFL receiver get their bell rung in a game?

Ever see someone walk off the field not sure where they are or what's going on? Do you think these effects are gone in the time it takes to shower and get dressed after the game/practice?

See the Jax/GB game the other night when they had the TE (Wiggins?) on the sideline after taking a big hit doing "touch the nose" tests?

Isn't it possible that Boston practiced that day and got hit at some point (or fell trying to make a catch - doesn't take much to scramble your brain for a bit), didn't think it was very serious at the time, then suffered the delayed effects?

Anyone who's suffered a concussion or traumatic brain injury (which is what a concussion really is) can tell you that "drunk" and "disoriented" are high on the list of words describing how you feel, and onset of symptoms isn't always immediate.

That's just one of many things that could explain all the odd behavior. Yes, his history gives some weight to outside substances as a cause, but him being a professional football player having other players launching themselves at him and his head on a regular basis is just as much of an explanation.

Ultimately, if there isn't any kind of substance in his urine, it's a moot point - even if he's cited for impairment of some kind, there shouldn't be any consequences from the team or league, especially if a head injury, which is a direct consequence of his activity on the field, is the prime remaining explanation.

You have no idea about what its like to be black in this country do you?

So after reading the article and watching the video:

Boston did well with the tests and it should be an ace card for Boston in court.

Boston was asleep at the wheel at a intersection in broad daylight. He was feeling nice off of something .

When its all said and done if the urine comes back clean he should consider himself lucky that whatever drug he was on cycled through his system.

I suspect GHB / Xtasy / PCP / painkillers. they all should cycle through his system quickly.

It's not like they saw a black guy in a nice car and pulled him over "randomly", he was PASSED OUT in a running car in the middle of the street! Remember the boy who cried wolf? Overplaying the race card ruins it for when it's applicable.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Could it have been Janikowski's drug of choice, GHB? That makes you fall asleep, and it metabolizes quickly enough that you can be normal again pretty quickly.
I made a post earlier mentioning GHB. This is what I initially thought it was, as I have heard stories of people falling asleep at the wheel on this stuff. Chances are when someone completely falls asleep at the wheel it's GHB. Combine that with he fact that it is a popular drug amongst people who are serious lifters. IIRC, it leaves your system pretty quick, so I am not sure if it would show up on a test.***EDIT*** here is a little info I found regarding GHB and drug test

General Information

The first thing to know about GHB and drug tests is that neither GHB nor its metabolites (the substances it is broken down into by the body) are tested for in the standard drug test. The basic drug test, currently used for nearly all testing programs (corporate, school, sports & judicial), checks for 5 types of substances

1. Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)

2. Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)

3. Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)

4. Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)

5. Phencyclidine (PCP)

Even the extended drug tests used by most companies do not test for the presence of GHB or its metabolites. We have heard from one individual who went in for a standard drug test while under the influence of GHB. He passed with no problem. For more information on the basic and extended drug tests...see the Drug Testing Vault.

Detection Period

It is, however, technically possible to detect GHB with a drug test, but only for a very short period after use. Nearly all of the metabolites are gone from the body within the first 24 hours. Because they are so uncommon, these tests are much more expensive to give than the basic test. We have never heard of an individual being tested for GHB without a very specific reason to think they have it in their system, as would be the case with someone who believes they were given GHB by someone else (some date rape cases) and in some autopsy).

After he counts to 30 with his foot in the air.....and he balance's like superman for no reason.... :thumbup: The cop says...sir...I didn't ask you to do thatBoston: Would a drunk guy be able to do thatCop: Sir, you are a highly trained athlete....LOL
That was hillarious :thumbup: IIRC, Boston does have a Superman tat on his arm.

It's not like they saw a black guy in a nice car and pulled him over "randomly", he was PASSED OUT in a running car in the middle of the street! Remember the boy who cried wolf? Overplaying the race card ruins it for when it's applicable.
:thumbdown: :loco: :cry: :( :goodposting:

So after reading the article and watching the video:Boston did well with the tests and it should be an ace card for Boston in court.Boston was asleep at the wheel at a intersection in broad daylight. He was feeling nice off of something .When its all said and done if the urine comes back clean he should consider himself lucky that whatever drug he was on cycled through his system.I suspect GHB / Xtasy / PCP / painkillers. they all should cycle through his system quickly.
It's all speculation of course, but Boston certainly didn't seem "clear of mind" to me. Maybe he will get lucky, maybe he is clean, who knows...I guess we will find out soon.

I'm curious as to why he submitted an urine sample??? If he passed the field sobriety test AND the breath test why would he do this if he had something to hide? They can't force you to give a sample and as far as I know refusing one unlike a breath test is not an admission of guilt.
Cuz he was high! :lmao:
he passed the sobriety test. Who knows what weird reason he was passed out where he was. could have been exhausted, and just pulled over for a nap. Woke up disoriented. Could have been with another woman/hooker and not wanna say? who knows.But he PASSED the sobriety test. SOBER people fail these often (I've seen them administered to 20 judges and cops at noon on a FRiday at a DUI conference and most of them failed. That he passed just means he has better physical control than most ... (pure speculation but makes sense), But that he actually passed all tests AND took a test (knowing the implications and what he has taken) I am bettingit will come up clean.But I'd LOVE to know what really happened...my two cents

Maurile Tremblay said:
Could it have been Janikowski's drug of choice, GHB? That makes you fall asleep, and it metabolizes quickly enough that you can be normal again pretty quickly.
I made a post earlier mentioning GHB. This is what I initially thought it was, as I have heard stories of people falling asleep at the wheel on this stuff. Chances are when someone completely falls asleep at the wheel it's GHB. Combine that with he fact that it is a popular drug amongst people who are serious lifters. IIRC, it leaves your system pretty quick, so I am not sure if it would show up on a test.***EDIT*** here is a little info I found regarding GHB and drug test

General Information

The first thing to know about GHB and drug tests is that neither GHB nor its metabolites (the substances it is broken down into by the body) are tested for in the standard drug test. The basic drug test, currently used for nearly all testing programs (corporate, school, sports & judicial), checks for 5 types of substances

1. Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)

2. Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)

3. Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)

4. Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)

5. Phencyclidine (PCP)

Even the extended drug tests used by most companies do not test for the presence of GHB or its metabolites. We have heard from one individual who went in for a standard drug test while under the influence of GHB. He passed with no problem. For more information on the basic and extended drug tests...see the Drug Testing Vault.

Detection Period

It is, however, technically possible to detect GHB with a drug test, but only for a very short period after use. Nearly all of the metabolites are gone from the body within the first 24 hours. Because they are so uncommon, these tests are much more expensive to give than the basic test. We have never heard of an individual being tested for GHB without a very specific reason to think they have it in their system, as would be the case with someone who believes they were given GHB by someone else (some date rape cases) and in some autopsy).
This makes sense. GHB was originally a body building supplement. Body builders like that it burns fat while asleep, and simulates many of the effect of alcohol. It ramps up your metabolism, makes you feel drunk, if overdosed can cause you to pass out and is almost untestable. And you wake up from normal use feeling fine. I bet this is it.

I'm curious as to why he submitted an urine sample??? If he passed the field sobriety test AND the breath test why would he do this if he had something to hide? They can't force you to give a sample and as far as I know refusing one unlike a breath test is not an admission of guilt.
Cuz he was high! :popcorn:
he passed the sobriety test. Who knows what weird reason he was passed out where he was. could have been exhausted, and just pulled over for a nap. Woke up disoriented. Could have been with another woman/hooker and not wanna say? who knows.But he PASSED the sobriety test. SOBER people fail these often (I've seen them administered to 20 judges and cops at noon on a FRiday at a DUI conference and most of them failed. That he passed just means he has better physical control than most ... (pure speculation but makes sense), But that he actually passed all tests AND took a test (knowing the implications and what he has taken) I am bettingit will come up clean.

But I'd LOVE to know what really happened...

my two cents
He was asleep at a redlight. Not pulled over, but in the middle of the street. And I wouldn't say he passed all the tests. He could barely keep his balance on one foot and kept raising his arms despite being told to keep them at his side. And he failed the monumental task of counting his steps while taking them.

So after reading the article and watching the video:Boston did well with the tests and it should be an ace card for Boston in court.Boston was asleep at the wheel at a intersection in broad daylight. He was feeling nice off of something .When its all said and done if the urine comes back clean he should consider himself lucky that whatever drug he was on cycled through his system.I suspect GHB / Xtasy / PCP / painkillers. they all should cycle through his system quickly.
I am hoping pain killers. Damn near all these guys I would think are prescribed pain killers by the team Docs.

Users who are viewing this thread