What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Every Simpsons Ever Marathon (2 Viewers)

Wow. Shearer is kind of a difficult guy, from what I've heard/read, but this situation is surprising.
The contract he reportedly turned down sounds like a dream job. It would be interesting to hear what he was actually asking for.
The article says that the issue has to do with him not being able to do outside work, not money. I don't know if that means that there were clauses about things that he was literally not allowed to do or a lack of scheduling flexibility.

Shearer has previously led the cast in demanding more money, raising everyone's salaries, arguing that their voices and personalities are seminal to the show. Which is probably true. For instance, Dan Castellaneta is so into the character of Homer, that he has inadvertently or purposely changed some of the dialogue, which ended up being better.

Shearer is one of the few people that I've heard badmouth SNL (some people have made criticisms, but usually overall are positive toward the whole thing). He has his own visions and beliefs and tends to be unwilling to compromise.

Wow. Shearer is kind of a difficult guy, from what I've heard/read, but this situation is surprising.
The contract he reportedly turned down sounds like a dream job. It would be interesting to hear what he was actually asking for.
The article says that the issue has to do with him not being able to do outside work, not money. I don't know if that means that there were clauses about things that he was literally not allowed to do or a lack of scheduling flexibility.

Shearer has previously led the cast in demanding more money, raising everyone's salaries, arguing that their voices and personalities are seminal to the show. Which is probably true. For instance, Dan Castellaneta is so into the character of Homer, that he has inadvertently or purposely changed some of the dialogue, which ended up being better.

Shearer is one of the few people that I've heard badmouth SNL (some people have made criticisms, but usually overall are positive toward the whole thing). He has his own visions and beliefs and tends to be unwilling to compromise.
I saw that he said he was upset he couldn't do outside projects, but the article I posted stated this:

The proposed deal also allowed for him to do other projects if he wished.

guy is 71...maybe he just doesn't want to continue to be tied down to a show that will seemingly never end...

I didn't know this until his recent WTF Maron interview. He tried to rationalize his behavior, but seems like he can be prickly to work with.

"The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show" is on now. One of my all time favs.

The name's Poochie D

And I rock the telly.

I'm half-Joe Camel

And a third Fonzarelli.

I'm the kung fu hippie

From Gangsta City.

I'm a rappin' surfer,

You're the fool I pity.

Pretty sure it was the first time Comic Boy Guy used his "Worst _____ Ever" shtick

Users who are viewing this thread