What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Falcons at Jaguars in London** (-3, 42.5) 9:30/6:30AM Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Twelve hours away from football. Jags at "home." Clunker last week. You think they might have been thinking about traveling across the sea to play a game?

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I still like both the Jags' offense and defense. Arthur Smith playing ball control.

Interesting subplot to this game.

Autostarts: Bijan for Atlanta and after that I think it's pretty negotiable but think about what CJ Stroud did to the Jag in Jax last week. Could be the week we see London or maybe Pitts get loose and have an impactful game.

Ridley and Etienne are easy automatic right now, the challenge is what to do with Kirk. Engram is a Top 5-10 TE right now.

Twelve hours away from football. Jags at "home." Clunker last week. You think they might have been thinking about traveling across the sea to play a game?

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I still like both the Jags' offense and defense. Arthur Smith playing ball control.

Interesting subplot to this game.

I've found that usually the offense travels but the defense doesn't. I'm surprised that total is as low as it is. Both teams "need" a win to keep momentum going, but it's tough to say.

I assume the Jaguars are giving the 3? I think Jacksonville defense is bad but Atlanta has worst starting QB in league and that won't help playing in London.

Square bet, but give me Jacksonville -2.5 and over 42.5. Jaguars win 28 to 17.

Jags first of two consecutive games in London. Somewhat surprisingly given a U.K. game is annual thing for them, they're only 4-5 in those games, and according to recent polling, only the 15th most popular NFL franchise for Londoners.

Reactions: Bri
Jags first of two consecutive games in London. Somewhat surprisingly given a U.K. game is annual thing for them, they're only 4-5 in those games, and according to recent polling, only the 15th most popular NFL franchise for Londoners.
Londoners only cheer for winners. Most of them "support" soccer teams in Mancehster without realsiing the irony,

Jags owner also owns the Fulham soccer team in England. I wonder if that plays some role?

Jags owner also owns the Fulham soccer team in England. I wonder if that plays some role?

Absolutely, Shahid Khan makes no secret about it. They had a contractual obligation to play two London home games in 2020. Those games were of course rescheduled due to the global pandemic and no new agreement was ever reached. I believe MoP has a whole thread about the TIAA Bank renovations, which might top $2Bn by the time they're done. They have offers from Orlando and Gainesville to host games but are apparently pondering spending a month in London at some point.

@Ministry of Pain any details to add here?

Absolutely, Shahid Khan makes no secret about it. They had a contractual obligation to play two London home games in 2020. Those games were of course rescheduled due to the global pandemic and no new agreement was ever reached. I believe MoP has a whole thread about the TIAA Bank renovations, which might top $2Bn by the time they're done. They have offers from Orlando and Gainesville to host games but are apparently pondering spending a month in London at some point.

@Ministry of Pain any details to add here?

Holy smoke, you guys are up early. I'm deciding whether to go back to bed or power on through for the game. Three hours to go, two until coverage starts.

Football Sunday means no sleep, I guess. Don't know why, but I love these early starts.

That Julio Jones catch in the Super Bowl was probably the greatest catch I ever saw given the stage and what it meant at the time. Santonio Holmes, David Tyree, and Lynn Swann are also contenders for greatest Super Bowl catches.

Then the Falcons utterly spit the bit for the rest of the game.

What a shame.

Underperforming Jags are probably the more desperate team in this one. I'm looking for deperate teams this week and I think I have found one...

London Jagwires- 24
Stubborn Falcons- 20

I’ve just spent 10 minutes trying to find coverage for this game. I thought for sure this would be televised on Sunday Ticket.

ESPN Plus. I shot the lock off the wallet and ponied up the $9.99 for the month. I'm not sure I liked doing that out of principle. This game should be on NFL Network or Sunday Ticket. This is the beginning of the NFL fragmentation cash grab that I knew was coming.

Problem with Bijan's move is you can't dance to daylight like that in the NFL. The pursuit is too fast and the effort put into pursuit too great. Your resume is on film so they're generally going full tilt all the time.

I mean, nice move and all, but no first down.

This streaming crap is getting old. Trying to watch game is dumb now. I pay for 6 streaming services and yet can't watch this game. Smh

Was wondering where I could also but remembered I have the Disney+/hulu/espn+ bundle which they’re raising the price on soon. Gotta cancel it later

I’ve just spent 10 minutes trying to find coverage for this game. I thought for sure this would be televised on Sunday Ticket.

ESPN Plus. I shot the lock off the wallet and ponied up the $9.99 for the month. I'm not sure I liked doing that out of principle. This game should be on NFL Network or Sunday Ticket. This is the beginning of the NFL fragmentation cash grab that I knew was coming.
Yeah, I mean I don't want to be the old guy shaking his fist and yelling but damn, I wouldn't pay one red cent to watch this game. I'd have to think for a while on how much they'd need to pay me.

I already get Amazon Prime, so I can watch those games. I hate the fact that I can't hit the remote during commercials, but at least they have some better games* this year.

* I have some thoughts on the NFL renegotiating their deal with Amazon and giving them the right to flex games. And no, it isn't how they're screwing over fans that may have made travel arrangements to attend a game on a Sunday and find themselves done over, although that certainly enters into it.

Instead I have an issue with the NFL renegotiating it at that point in time. Full disclosure: I don't have the contract in front of me, but unless Amazon had the right to terminate or some other provision, why in the world would the NFL give up flexing for nothing? They could have leveraged that for additional money when the contract for Thursday night games was up again. Is this just another instance of Roger earning the big bucks? Seems like idiocy to me.

Gonna be a long day for Ridley it seems. AJ Terrell has been shadowing playing press man against him so far. Seems he struggles mightily against that

Gonna be a long day for Ridley it seems. AJ Terrell has been shadowing playing press man against him so far. Seems he struggles mightily against that
Or not

ETA: Ridley's been probably the most overdue for positive regression guy in the NFL these last 2 weeks.

I'm not convinced Desmond Ridder is better than Zach Wilson. You take away the run game, and the Falcons have no answers, despite 2 top-8 pass catchers who get open a lot.

This streaming crap is getting old. Trying to watch game is dumb now. I pay for 6 streaming services and yet can't watch this game. Smh
This

I paid for NFL+, I should be able to watch an NFL game in London at 930am on a Sunday

I paid for YouTube TV and Sunday Ticket. I already had Amazon Prime. It’s definitely a WTF that I can’t watch the game this morning.

I got to the buy screen and decided to watch Notts Forrest and Brentford instead FOR FREE.

I have some thoughts on the NFL renegotiating their deal with Amazon and giving them the right to flex games. And no, it isn't how they're screwing over fans that may have made travel arrangements to attend a game on a Sunday and find themselves done over, although that certainly enters into it.

I was just going to respond to somebody in the Dolphins/Bills thread upset they weren't flexing out the Jets game to show that one instead. The fans' travel was the first issue I thought of.

Instead I have an issue with the NFL renegotiating it at that point in time. Full disclosure: I don't have the contract in front of me, but unless Amazon had the right to terminate or some other provision, why in the world would the NFL give up flexing for nothing? They could have leveraged that for additional money when the contract for Thursday night games was up again. Is this just another instance of Roger earning the big bucks? Seems like idiocy to me.

Good will and future business concerns, most likely. Or to shut Al Michaels up from talking about how bad the Thursday games are while he's calling them.

Users who are viewing this thread