What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs WILL take over Day 2 of the Draft (1 Viewer)

Is it possible to go to day 1 of the draft or only day 2?
I believe you can go either day. Day 2 is easier to get in and less crowded, but obviously less fanfare.
Thanks, so the plan is to get there Friday night and wait in line for tickets to ensure that we'll get in. A buddy and I are thinking about making the trip from Delaware, but have no idea what to do with our car or crash Friday night.

I know myself and 2 other guys that patrol the board will be there on Friday night and hopefully get in on Saturday.

Just to give you guys heads up.

I am staying at the Wyndham at La Guardia for 120 a night.

A little outside of the downtown but still in NY, just over 8 miles away.

I am coming from Georgia, buddy from Maine, and buddy from NYC Area.

If you are coming to NY on Friday and would be interested in going to a "draft party" where some agents, players, etc, will be in attendance, PM me. Spots are limited.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
If you are coming to NY on Friday and would be interested in going to a "draft party" where some agents, players, etc, will be in attendance, PM me. Spots are limited.
Get your Bloom autographs now.....
:lmao: :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
4/3 Update: DAVID FREAKIN DODDS, the man the myth the legend himself, is planning on joining us at RCMH. If you ask nice he might autograph your blackeyedjoe memorabilia (which we will be giving out), or maybe your butt.

Loyal FBGs:

As you might have read in my draft diary, all you have to do to get in on the second day of the draft is come down around 830 am to the draft venue. That also gets you the form to get a free first day reserved ticket for the next year's draft.

I KNOW there's enough FBG in the tri-state area to take this sucker over next year. Imagine the kind of impact we could make if we all showed up wearing black-eyed joe gear and dominating the scene...

Im planting the seed now, we can make this happen. If enough people show up we can even do a FBG event on the first day on a remote site and get people like nittanylion, myself, and anyone else interested to do a running commentary on the draft. Saturday night can be the big cornhole and then Sunday, the NFL won't know what hit em... this would really put FBG on the map in a big way.

Make sure late April is open on your calendar.

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

GroveDiesel (possible day 1)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:banned: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?

4/3 Update: DAVID FREAKIN DODDS, the man the myth the legend himself, is planning on joining us at RCMH. If you ask nice he might autograph your blackeyedjoe memorabilia (which we will be giving out), or maybe your butt.

Loyal FBGs:

As you might have read in my draft diary, all you have to do to get in on the second day of the draft is come down around 830 am to the draft venue. That also gets you the form to get a free first day reserved ticket for the next year's draft.

I KNOW there's enough FBG in the tri-state area to take this sucker over next year. Imagine the kind of impact we could make if we all showed up wearing black-eyed joe gear and dominating the scene...

Im planting the seed now, we can make this happen. If enough people show up we can even do a FBG event on the first day on a remote site and get people like nittanylion, myself, and anyone else interested to do a running commentary on the draft. Saturday night can be the big cornhole and then Sunday, the NFL won't know what hit em... this would really put FBG on the map in a big way.

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:bag: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?
Why wouldn't we?

Loyal FBGs:

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:bag: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?
Why wouldn't we?
thanks for answering my question! :(

Loyal FBGs:

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:thumbdown: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?
Why wouldn't we?
thanks for answering my question! :no:
You asked that as if the NFL seeing FBG make a public showing of force is a bad thing - we are one of the best passionate football fan communities out there, and I don't think it would hurt anything if the NFL was made aware of that at the draft.I'm still trying to figure out why we would want to keep FBG off the map.

How many people going plan on wearing their team's jersey? I'm a Bills fan but don't actually own a jersey. I know, it's almost sacreligious. I don't want to be the :goodposting: sitting there in my regular clothes in a sea of jerseys, but don't want to spend the $$ of a jersey and be the :banned: sitting there in a jersey in a sea of normal clothes either.

How many people going plan on wearing their team's jersey? I'm a Bills fan but don't actually own a jersey. I know, it's almost sacreligious. I don't want to be the :eek: sitting there in my regular clothes in a sea of jerseys, but don't want to spend the $$ of a jersey and be the :nerd: sitting there in a jersey in a sea of normal clothes either.
Lito Sheppard jersey here.

How many people going plan on wearing their team's jersey? I'm a Bills fan but don't actually own a jersey. I know, it's almost sacreligious. I don't want to be the :lmao: sitting there in my regular clothes in a sea of jerseys, but don't want to spend the $$ of a jersey and be the :lmao: sitting there in a jersey in a sea of normal clothes either.
you should be able to get a replica for between $35 and $60. sometimes even cheaper.

How many people going plan on wearing their team's jersey? I'm a Bills fan but don't actually own a jersey. I know, it's almost sacreligious. I don't want to be the :goodposting: sitting there in my regular clothes in a sea of jerseys, but don't want to spend the $$ of a jersey and be the :goodposting: sitting there in a jersey in a sea of normal clothes either.
http://stores.ebay.com/DIPLOMATSUSA_W0QQco...0QQftidZ2QQtZkmI've bought a couple of Elway, Namath, Mean Joe Greene jerseys from this guy.

Loyal FBGs:

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:thumbdown: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?
Why wouldn't we?
thanks for answering my question! :lmao:
You asked that as if the NFL seeing FBG make a public showing of force is a bad thing -
uh :lmao: I didn't ask "as if" anything... :thumbdown:

I just asked a question, which you still have failed to answer.

So my understanding it is free to get in, can you get early tickets, I might be interested to come in for IDAHO so want to make sure I can get in. But I do think it is 1st come 1st serve. Any suggestions from the experts...

Loyal FBGs:

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?
:bye: Why are we trying to put FBG on the map in a big way?
Why wouldn't we?
thanks for answering my question! :lmao:
You asked that as if the NFL seeing FBG make a public showing of force is a bad thing -
uh :lmao: I didn't ask "as if" anything... :lmao:

I just asked a question, which you still have failed to answer.
Because we like and respect the community that has been built here and want to share it with the world; OR because chicks will dig it.

LOD said:
So my understanding it is free to get in, can you get early tickets, I might be interested to come in for IDAHO so want to make sure I can get in. But I do think it is 1st come 1st serve. Any suggestions from the experts...
Thats how it has been... I'll be talking to the league office this week to make sure that there are no "gotchas" lurking.

LOD said:
Thats how it has been... I'll be talking to the league office this week to make sure that there are no "gotchas" lurking.
Good deal. At this point I plan on showing up at RCM somewhere between 7 and 8 pm Friday night. I still don't understand why they're telling people that they won't be handing out tickets until Saturday morning though. From what I understand they've done that exact same thing in years past but given the tickets out Friday night. Is that correct? I don't want to waste my time Friday night, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on getting a ticket either.

I couldn't remember if I put this up before, so I'll do it here:

Fan guidelines for attending the 2007 draft

(March 21, 2007) -- The NFL announced procedures for fans wishing to attend the 72nd NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday, April 28-29, at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The draft is a free event and seating is limited. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday, April 28, on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall. Fans will NOT be allowed to line up at Radio City prior to 5 a.m. Fans who receive tickets will be able to lineup beginning at 10 a.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m. The draft begins at noon on Saturday, April 28.

Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance" located on 50th street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Fans who attend Day 2 of the draft (Sunday) in its entirety will be able to receive a ticket for the 2008 draft by filling out a form that will be available on that day only at Radio City for submission after the final selection.

Held in New York City since 1965, the NFL draft will be televised nationally by NFL Network and ESPN. This is the second consecutive year that the draft will be held at Radio City Music Hall.

About Radio City Music Hall

Since opening its doors on Dec. 27, 1932, Radio City Music Hall has been host to hundreds of the entertainment industry's premiere events, films, concerts, theatricals and, of course, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the world-famous Radio City Rockettes. Although not always synonymous with sporting events, RCMH hosted its first at the legendary venue when Roy Jones Jr. fought David Telesco in January of 1999. The summer of 2004 marked the historic debut of women's basketball at the Music Hall, when the WNBA's New York Liberty took to the Great Stage, for an unprecedented six-game run. Over the past 75 years, more than 300 million visitors from around the world have entered the Music Hall's legendary doors, captivated by the beauty of the Grand Foyer, marveling at the Great Stage and entertained by the biggest events in the world.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10078247

Last edited by a moderator:

(March 21, 2007) -- The NFL announced procedures for fans wishing to attend the 72nd NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday, April 28-29, at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The draft is a free event and seating is limited. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday, April 28, on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall. Fans will NOT be allowed to line up at Radio City prior to 5 a.m. Fans who receive tickets will be able to lineup beginning at 10 a.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m. The draft begins at noon on Saturday, April 28.

Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance" located on 50th street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Fans who attend Day 2 of the draft (Sunday) in its entirety will be able to receive a ticket for the 2008 draft by filling out a form that will be available on that day only at Radio City for submission after the final selection.

Held in New York City since 1965, the NFL draft will be televised nationally by NFL Network and ESPN. This is the second consecutive year that the draft will be held at Radio City Music Hall.

Since opening its doors on Dec. 27, 1932, Radio City Music Hall has been host to hundreds of the entertainment industry's premiere events, films, concerts, theatricals and, of course, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the world-famous Radio City Rockettes. Although not always synonymous with sporting events, RCMH hosted its first at the legendary venue when Roy Jones Jr. fought David Telesco in January of 1999. The summer of 2004 marked the historic debut of women's basketball at the Music Hall, when the WNBA's New York Liberty took to the Great Stage, for an unprecedented six-game run. Over the past 75 years, more than 300 million visitors from around the world have entered the Music Hall's legendary doors, captivated by the beauty of the Grand Foyer, marveling at the Great Stage and entertained by the biggest events in the world.
Apparently they said the same thing last year and then gave out tickets at midnight. I don't want to show up at 5am Saturday morning and find out that all the tickets have already been given out.And how the heck are they going to keep people from lining up before 5 am anyway? Hose them down?

Apparently they said the same thing last year and then gave out tickets at midnight. I don't want to show up at 5am Saturday morning and find out that all the tickets have already been given out.And how the heck are they going to keep people from lining up before 5 am anyway? Hose them down?
You've never met a NY cop, have you....

Here was the NFL info on last year's draft:
2006 NFL Draft Date, Time, Location, Tickets, etc

The 71st annual NFL Draft will be held in New York City on April 29-30, 2006. Rounds 1-3 will begin at 12 Noon EST, Saturday April 29th. Rounds 4-7 will follow on Sunday, April 30th, starting at 11am EST.

For the first time, Radio City Music Hall will host the event, which has been held in New York City since 1965. Local ordinances prohibit lining up on the sidewalks directly in front of or around Radio City Music Hall. Fans may line up on the morning of the free event at the direction of Radio City personnel. Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance" located on 50th street between 5th and 6th avenues. The draft is a first-come, first-serve event for the general public and is limited. Doors will open at 11 a.m.

ESPN will televise the draft from noon on Saturday until 7pm with ESPN2 taking over coverage for the rest of the day. On Sunday, ESPN will televise the draft from 11am - 1pm and ESPN2 will carry the remainder of the seven rounds.
It doesn't say anywhere in there about NOT lining up early.

It is this sunday, yes? I have something that just came up so will not be able to make it.

:goodposting:

Is it too late to join the party?

I can't make the Friday or Saturday gigs, but I may be able to swing the Sunday draft.

Users who are viewing this thread